PDA

View Full Version : Memphis in May - Spots left on team

TooSaucedToPork
01-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Swinebucks BBQ - Memphis In May - May 13-15...If anyone wants to cook with the team We have spots open, The ribs, tomato sauce, and hot wings are spoken for but the following contests are available to cook in.

Seafood
Poultry
Chicken
Exotic
Baked Beans
Mustard Sauce
Vinegar

If anyone is interested in cooking in the contest give me a shout back...

indianagriller
01-24-2010, 11:03 PM
PM sent

Swinebuck
01-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Memphis In May is a great time. It is a much greater experiance if you join a team. "Too Sauced To Pork" is my son and we make this offer each year to the members of the BBQ Fourms. In the Past we have had great times with people who have joined us from all over the U.S. The cost of Memphis In May is so expensive, about $4,000 we do have a $250 fee to join. It is the same amount all the regular members pay. It covers the cost of ancillary contest entry fees, booth fees, a team T-shirt, a three day pass into the park, and all food, and drink. If you have any questions please contact us at swinebucksbbq@gmail.com .

Additional photos of Memphis In May are on our web site http://swinebucksbbq.webs.com/apps/photos/

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/swinebuck/Memphis%20In%20May%2009/Mim09-2.jpg.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/swinebuck/Memphis%20In%20May%2009/Mim09-15.jpg

Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

SmokeInDaEye
01-25-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm going to be down there bouncing around so will definitely make a plan to stop by and say hi!

BoneDaddy's
01-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Memphis In May is a great time. It is a much greater experiance if you join a team. "Too Sauced To Pork" is my son and we make this offer each year to the members of the BBQ Fourms. In the Past we have had great times with people who have joined us from all over the U.S. The cost of Memphis In May is so expensive, about $4,000 we do have a $250 fee to join. This covers you and one guest. It is the same amount all the regular members pay. It covers the cost of ancillary contest entry fees, booth fees, a team T-shirt, a three day pass into the park, and all food, and drink. If you have any questions please contact us at swinebucksbbq@gmail.com .

Additional photos of Memphis In May are on our web site http://swinebucksbbq.webs.com/apps/photos/

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/swinebuck/Memphis%20In%20May%2009/Mim09-2.jpg.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/swinebuck/Memphis%20In%20May%2009/Mim09-15.jpg

Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

Mike, I just PM'd you...My partner and I are very interested to find out more details

Frank

TooSaucedToPork
01-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Swinebucks BBQ - Memphis In May - May 13-15...If anyone wants to cook with the team We have spots open, The ribs, tomato sauce, and hot wings are spoken for but the following contests are available to cook in.

Seafood
Poultry
Chicken
Exotic
Baked Beans
Mustard Sauce
Vinegar

If anyone is interested in cooking in the contest give me a shout back...

I forgot People's Choice is open too...it is a 2 day cook and turn in, 2 butts a day, Thursday and Friday

Podge
01-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Dang it.. i was going to ask if i could cook ribs, but that spot was taken. :biggrin:

Warthog
01-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Did not plan to cook. The wife and I are heading down there for the pig fest.
Will stop by and say hello.
Ed

TooSaucedToPork
01-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Did not plan to cook. The wife and I are heading down there for the pig fest.
Will stop by and say hello.
Ed

Awesome come by and say hi :-)
Neil

Scottie
01-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Dang it.. i was going to ask if i could cook ribs, but that spot was taken. :biggrin:

Got any credentials? :roll:

Dan - 3eyzbbq
01-26-2010, 12:51 PM
I'd like to cook vinegar, but thats a long way to go just for that. Ribs would have been worth it though.

KC_Bobby
01-26-2010, 02:00 PM
I forgot People's Choice is open too...it is a 2 day cook and turn in, 2 butts a day, Thursday and Friday

This is a chance I'd love to throw my hat into the ring to do - unfortunately, my vacation days are pretty much already booked. :frown:

TooSaucedToPork
01-26-2010, 02:36 PM

There's 3 of us that have been doin the ribs for about 7 years, last year we almost broke the top 20...which sounds bad, but for MIM its awesome...

We won Hotwings 2 years ago and placed 11th last year.

Thats the only two contests we truely want to cook in, so we open up the others for fellow BBQ'ers to come join our team, and experience MIM without having to take on the burden of the huge entry fees and deal with all the massive setup costs. We were given the same in by a team when we started, and we've been trying to pay it forward ever since :-)

deguerre
01-26-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm already here and will come by for a visit just to say "Hi Fellas!" if that's ok.

TooSaucedToPork
01-26-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm already here and will come by for a visit just to say "Hi Fellas!" if that's ok.

Drop by and say hey...there might just be some leftovers for ya!:wink:

Swinebuck
01-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Ancillary Catagory Update:
The People Choice Pork Butt catagory has been taken by a guest cook from St. Louis MO.
The other contests are still available
Seafood
Chicken
Beef
Exotic
Baked Beans
Mustard Sauce
Vinegar Sauce

Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

dmprantz
01-26-2010, 10:53 PM
I'd be curious to know who the STL guest is. If it gets a bit closer and you want a mustard sauce to turn in, lemme know, as I lived in NC for a while:) As it stands, this is the sixth "invite" I've gotten for 2010, so I'm not sure what I'll be doing for a full time booth.

dmp

Podge
01-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Got any credentials? :roll:

My first award was a 4th in ribs, at my second contest !:-D

Podge
01-27-2010, 02:53 PM
There's 3 of us that have been doin the ribs for about 7 years, last year we almost broke the top 20...which sounds bad, but for MIM its awesome...

We won Hotwings 2 years ago and placed 11th last year.

Thats the only two contests we truely want to cook in, so we open up the others for fellow BBQ'ers to come join our team, and experience MIM without having to take on the burden of the huge entry fees and deal with all the massive setup costs. We were given the same in by a team when we started, and we've been trying to pay it forward ever since :-)

I think it's awesome that you all are inviting others to be on your team to cook in the other catagories, and I wish you all the best of luck !:-D

BoneDaddy's
01-27-2010, 07:32 PM
The People Choice Pork Butt catagory has been taken by a guest cook from St. Louis MO.
Seafood
Chicken
Beef
Exotic
Baked Beans
Mustard Sauce
Vinegar Sauce

Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

Mike,
We will take chx and baked beans. I will give you a call tomorrow to chat about details.
Frank

TooSaucedToPork
01-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Mike,
We will take chx and baked beans. I will give you a call tomorrow to chat about details.
Frank

As Frank and Dave have taken Chicken and Beans the list of available contests stands at:

Beef
Exotic
Seafood
Mustard Sauce
Vinegar Sauce
Ms. Piggie Idol - Men dressed in drag, as pigs , dancing and singing...Yes it is a real contest with a purse of $5000

We also had 2 ringers that emailed us that just want to, and I quote:

"come down, drink a few beers, help cook and be on the team"...

If anyone wants to do that they are more than welcome to contact us...

TooSaucedToPork
01-28-2010, 10:18 PM
As Frank and Dave have taken Chicken and Beans the list of available contests stands at:

Beef
Exotic
Seafood
Mustard Sauce
Vinegar Sauce
Ms. Piggie Idol - Men dressed in drag, as pigs , dancing and singing...Yes it is a real contest with a purse of $5000
We also had 2 ringers that emailed us that just want to, and I quote:

"come down, drink a few beers, help cook and be on the team"...

If anyone wants to do that they are more than welcome to contact us...

Another ringer just took Mustard Sauce and Seafood so the list of available contests stands at

Exotic
Vinegar Sauce
Beef

Neil Gallagher

tmcmaster
01-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm going to be down there bouncing around so will definitely make a plan to stop by and say hi!

Crusher and I will also be there... although, probably with 50% less bouncing.

TooSaucedToPork
01-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Crusher and I will also be there... although, probably with 50% less bouncing.

Awesome, Stop by and say hey!

Swinebuck
01-30-2010, 08:47 AM
The People Choice Pork Butt catagory has been taken by a new member from St. Louis MO.
Chicken- Frank & Dave - New Hampshire
Baked Beans - Frank & Dave - New Hampshire
Mustard Sauce - Taken 1-28-10
Seafood - Taken 1-28-10
Beef - Taken 1-28-10

Exotic
Vinegar Sauce

Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

Jeff_in_KC
01-30-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm surprised Phil and Jorge haven't volunteered for Ms. Piggie Idol yet.

Swinebuck
02-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Sorry I haven't been able to update this until now.

The People Choice Pork Butt catagory has been taken by a new member from St. Louis MO.
Seafood - Taken 1-28-10
Beef - Taken 1-28-10
Vinegar Sauce-Taken

Exotic

Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

Jorge
02-05-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm surprised Phil and Jorge haven't volunteered for Ms. Piggie Idol yet.

We are bringing the costume to Pleasant Hill for you. With a couple rolls of duct tape.

SmokeInDaEye
02-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Just booked my tickets. Can't wait to get back down there! That two year ban for running through the park with a giant knife was a bit excessive.

Swinebuck
02-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Seafood - Taken 1-28-10
Beef - Taken 1-28-10
Vinegar Sauce-Taken 1-28-10
Exotic - Taken 2-6-10

Just Announced New contest from MIM - Cole Slaw

Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

TooSaucedToPork
02-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Just booked my tickets. Can't wait to get back down there! That two year ban for running through the park with a giant knife was a bit excessive.

Nice...

Swinebuck
02-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Ancillary Catagory Update: We now have eight Brethern joining us to cook for Memphis In May. This is joining to be a great contest!

Seafood - Taken 1-28-10
Beef - Taken 1-28-10
Vinegar Sauce-Taken 1-28-10
Exotic - Taken 2-6-10
Cole Slaw - Taken 2-11-10 by a new member from Little Rock AR

Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)