View Full Version : scott from kc says hey y'all

02-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Thanks to TK for getting me here and the rest of you who invited me over from the old site. Its good to see other heartlanders in the house ( or should that be pit). I am a soon to be 39 yr old cabinet and furniture builder. Same O.L. for the last 8 years, no kids myself but Jeanne has 2 grown and a 9 yr old grand son Zachary who we spend a lot of time with and enjoy very much. I learned BBQ at the knee of my great uncle when i was a lad. At his lake cabin he had an outdoor fire place with a smoker built in the back. Burn down the wood in the front grillin' area carry the coals around back with an old sand shovel throw 'em in the lower door then he'd peek in the upper door, I will never forget how good what ever he had in there smelled. I had a bullet smoker years ago and did ok with that and after burning through it I've gotten by indirect grillin with chunks and chips over charcoal and gas. Got serious about offset smokin last summer decided I wanted to build my own but needed a little experience before such and undertaking. Deciced on a bandera months ago just got my Brinkmann version last weekend and am going to do my burn in this afternoon. Besides Q my interests are camping, fishing, music, sports and pets (8 month old border collie pup). I have my baffle installed,parts for the charcol box and am getting ready to cobble that together and have my first fire. good smoke and great eats to you and yours.

02-18-2004, 11:25 AM
Welcome Scott.
Your in for a great time here.

Grab a brew and have a chair

02-18-2004, 11:28 AM
If TK ever offers the hand check mod turn him down. Did you come over from the Yahoo site ? Regardless Welcome to the group we a bunch of crazy fun guys. Don't hesistate to ask questions or offer opinions.

02-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood. :D

02-18-2004, 12:32 PM
Welcome...I appreciate your introduction..Lots of us got and
early start in life a similar way..these guys are great.
Please consider being a part of the next trading post. It's great,
because it lets us share things from our area with other parts of
the country and visa versa.
Enjoy !!

02-18-2004, 12:47 PM
But Mike, do they have anything barbecue related in KC?

02-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Nothing good that I know of..SO if you ever get a package from that area of the country just forward it on to me. I would't want you to waste you time..Hey man just cause its you..
MikeG :wink:

02-18-2004, 01:28 PM
I'm joining KCBS on Saturday.

02-18-2004, 01:29 PM
And no, not the radio or TV stations. That BBq thingy

02-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Welcome Mod!

02-18-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm joining KCBS on Saturday.

What a coincidence. Me too.

How about that?

Oh and welcome kcquer

02-18-2004, 01:48 PM
I got the right address.
Ashland exit, north to cermak, right to Throop, right to 2300, I think.

02-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Hey Scott - glad I was able to help earlier. Welcome aboard and I'm happy you posted the Cattle Call shortly after our conversation. Had I not moved from SoCal to MD, to this day I probably wouldn't even know what real Q is. Today it's one of my passions, as it is many others in this group. More importantly, it is this group of friends who help keep it a passion of mine. Some hobbies come and go as one ages, this one's staying put. I don't know what the fark is so amusing about watching and controlling a fire to a perfect all-day burning session, but it sure hooked me.

Don't be stranger to the board.

02-18-2004, 07:42 PM
Welcome to the board. I'll probably be coming up your way for the Blue Springs blaze Off. I'll send you a PM closer to the event and maybe we can get together and drink a few and sample some Q. Had a great time last year. Was probably the main reason I went out and bought a stick burner, then had to come to this site and be ResQ'ed by the brothers. It sure looked easier standing in the crowd! LOL

02-18-2004, 09:59 PM
I'm only 25 min or so from blue spgs look fwd to it. I'm a more than a little impressed with the reception, I've finally run in to a bunch of people a full of it as I am. glad to know there are others who never met a stranger. bud 'n' brisket to all and to all a good night 8)

02-18-2004, 11:02 PM
as full of it as you?

Go look in Pictures tab, Brethren, who we are, page 3.

That family photo of mine went to 65 brothers at Xmas.

Its not the picture or the wording that was priceless, it was the look on the wifes/friends/others faces when they read it.

Collectively ..."you guys are nuts"

02-18-2004, 11:31 PM
Welcome kcquer. You will find everything here from serious to absurd, but always a great time.

02-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Collectively ..."you guys are nuts"

Arrrrrr.....it's driving me nuts......

10-18-2004, 09:25 AM
Welcome Scott

I hope you enjoy the site.

Great bunch of people here.

10-18-2004, 09:39 AM
Welcome Scott

I hope you enjoy the site.

Great bunch of people here.

willkat98, thanks so much for the warm and timely welcome. I'll try not to be shy about posting! :wink: :mrgreen:

10-18-2004, 10:05 AM
Welcome Scott

10-27-2004, 03:31 PM
This is farked up, man. :roll:

10-27-2004, 05:15 PM
did i miss something....

twilight zone mod?

10-28-2004, 08:06 AM
Welcome aboard Scott. You will have nothing but fun in this backyard!

10-29-2004, 12:24 PM
........is this a welcome back???? I know that Bill gets a little strange if you don't post every 15 to 20 mins.

10-29-2004, 12:26 PM
........is this a welcome back???? I know that Bill gets a little strange if you don't post every 15 to 20 mins.

Its amazing how many people don't look at the date stamp.

And trout, stop by Cattle Call and introduce yourself.

Welcome Brother.