PDA

View Full Version : Q in texas

LT72884
01-09-2010, 12:21 AM
Some of my family members are moving to Huston texas. I told him i would find some good places for them to eat while they live there. Thats where you come in. Any good Q places in huston let me know so i can tell him. Not exactly sure where he is going to live but he will be working for exxon mobile as an engineer for em.

any way let me know so i can tell them. Exact address would be nice..

Thanx,

matt

tjus77
01-09-2010, 05:53 AM
I'm assuming you mean Houston, because I've never heard of Huston....I'm not too keen on eating BBQ in resturants, but if I do, I will go to:

Harris County Smokehouse (one in Tomball, one in Cypress area NW side of county)
Pappa's BBQ (north side of town), kind of pricey
Carl's BBQ (Cypress, NW side of county), ribs the way I like them
Rudy's (one on NW side and one on north side) is always packed at lunch (it is ok, ribs don't do much for me, but great chicken and brisket).

My opinion... but opinions are like aholes.... everbody has one, and they usually stink.

LT72884
01-09-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm assuming you mean Houston, because I've never heard of Huston....I'm not too keen on eating BBQ in resturants, but if I do, I will go to:

Harris County Smokehouse (one in Tomball, one in Cypress area NW side of county)
Pappa's BBQ (north side of town), kind of pricey
Carl's BBQ (Cypress, NW side of county), ribs the way I like them
Rudy's (one on NW side and one on north side) is always packed at lunch (it is ok, ribs don't do much for me, but great chicken and brisket).

My opinion... but opinions are like aholes.... everbody has one, and they usually stink.

LOL, i meant houston. Why i forgot the o is beyond me.. Ya my family thats moving down there have no idea what BBQ is. They are newly weds as of last year and just had a new baby girl. Has to move because of job offer. any wya i told him and his wife i would talk to my people bout finding them some good places to eat.

txschutte
01-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Stay away from Pappas BBQ. Worst slop ever.

LT72884
01-09-2010, 08:40 PM
okay cool. ill let em know

thanx

1_T_Scot
01-09-2010, 09:27 PM
I just went to the Rudy's in Laredo. Sausage and Brisket pretty good for a chain place.

mgwerks
01-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Tell them to make the drive up to Lexington and go to Snow's BBQ on a Saturday morning. They can use that as a baseline.

Chenernator
01-10-2010, 10:37 PM
We just covered this a couple of weeks ago in this thread - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74838

It includes my review of Harris County Smokehouse.

QNDAVE
01-14-2010, 05:36 PM
I would say Rudy's' Not bad for store bought.

David

tjus77
01-15-2010, 06:02 AM
Oh I forgot... Luling City Market, just off of 610 on Richmond..... good place, served on paper, buy by the lb.