PDA

View Full Version : Our review of Guy Fieri's Tex Wasabi's

Bossmanbbq
01-08-2010, 01:08 PM
While in California for Christmas we Went to Tex Wasabi's since we were fans of Guy's Dinners, Drive In's and Dives, figuring we wanted to see how his food is, It was pretty good and it was a diffrent experience then your normal Barbecue joint. Let me know what you think of the article!

http://bossmanbbq.com/2010/01/08/review-guy-fieris-tex-wasabis/

Hotrodhog
01-08-2010, 01:37 PM
While in California for Christmas we Went to Tex Wasabi's since we were fans of Guy's Dinners, Drive In's and Dives, figuring we wanted to see how his food is, It was pretty good and it was a diffrent experience then your normal Barbecue joint. Let me know what you think of the article!

http://bossmanbbq.com/2010/01/08/review-guy-fieris-tex-wasabis/

You didn't try the Buffaloe Fries? you'll need to go back for that!
French fries, dipped in buffalo sauce, flash fried again and served with Blue-Sabi sauce (Chunky Blue Cheese and a hint of Wasabi)
...Whammy!

Bossmanbbq
01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
You didn't try the Buffaloe Fries? you'll need to go back for that!
French fries, dipped in buffalo sauce, flash fried again and served with Blue-Sabi sauce (Chunky Blue Cheese and a hint of Wasabi)
...Whammy!

I wanted to, My wife won with the slyders. next day went to In n out and had a double double with ANimal fires Those are AWESOME !!

swamprb
01-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Nice review!

My wifes inlaws are in Santa Rosa and know GF. They sent me a Tex Wasabi T-shirt!

SmokeInDaEye
01-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Nice writeup, Bossman!

Peteg
01-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Nothin against Guy, I do love his show, but I'll take the In N Out burger. Man I love those burgers.

TinCup
01-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Great review, thanks for sharing. Next time I am up that way I want to try Tex Wasabi's, sushi and BBQ are my two favorite things to eat.

Mr Applejacks
01-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Nice Review I too have been there and would go back. The menu as the waitress said is very big at can't be done on one visit. The california roll (can't think of name)
that has pulled pork and fries with a sauce on top then you dip in a sauce thats on the table is awesome... unusal at the same time. I liked the finishing sauce they used on the brisket.5. Ribs were a 4 pork 4 cool place can't wait to go back

Bossmanbbq
01-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Nothin against Guy, I do love his show, but I'll take the In N Out burger. Man I love those burgers.

I hear ya Brotha, first thing and last thing we do when we get to California is head to In-N-Out their food is just AWESOME!

Paulmark
01-09-2010, 01:42 AM
I hear ya Brotha, first thing and last thing we do when we get to California is head to In-N-Out their food is just AWESOME!

Just second hand from a sushi chef I know, he said he wasn't all that impressed..just saying....but Guy is one of my favorites...and I do try to emulate In-n-Out when I do my burgers.

Bossmanbbq
01-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Just second hand from a sushi chef I know, he said he wasn't all that impressed..just saying....but Guy is one of my favorites...and I do try to emulate In-n-Out when I do my burgers.

No worries, I don't like Sushi anyway the smell and texture of the rice just kills me:eek:

Beerwolf
01-09-2010, 10:13 AM
As long as you hit Tex Wasabi's... did you make the drive to Johnny Garlics? there is one in either direction within 10 Miles of the place.

mgwerks
01-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks - I'm jonesing for burgers now...