PDA

View Full Version : Stacy's BBQ Smokehouse, Phoenix, AZ

Desert Dweller
01-06-2010, 09:44 AM
RonL came to town, and the Brethren meet and greet that I tried to put together for him ended up just being me and him. Everyone else that showed interest ended up having last minute or legitimate reasons they could not attend.

Ron and I decided to go to Stacy's. It's a pretty new joint. I know it's less than two years old. To quote RonL, "This is what a BBQ joint should look like!" This place is on a corner right off a local state hwy, in a rougher part of town. Purple. The farkin place is Purple! But the food is good.

Ron had Pork Ribs, full spares not St. Louis cut, lots of meat, good flavor and Ron ate them without sauce (his leftovers are in my fridge for lunch.)
I had a large brisket sammy w/red beans and rice. Goood!

If ya get the chance, stop by, the food is worth it. A small place, seating for only about 25. Here is a picture of Ron just before we went in to eat. We rolled out...

JohnJ
01-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Doggoneit! We were in Phx this past weekend and ate at HoneyBears on Central. We looked at this place but stuck with what we knew, HoneyBears, and it was just okay... the ribs anyway which we all had.

Just goes to show you that one MUST keep checking out all of the new BBQ joints as we could find that perfect fit!

John

Midnight Smoke
01-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Doggoneit! We were in Phx this past weekend and ate at HoneyBears on Central. We looked at this place but stuck with what we knew, HoneyBears, and it was just okay... the ribs anyway which we all had.

Just goes to show you that one MUST keep checking out all of the new BBQ joints as we could find that perfect fit!

John

I have ate at HoneyBears several times when in Phoenix and staying at the Hilton across Central. Food was okay nothing to great!

Ron_L
01-06-2010, 10:50 AM
The ribs at Stacy's were good. I ordered 1/2 slab and received 6 generous cut spates with plenty of meat. The were cooked very well and had a light rub and a nice smoke flavor. The sauce was good but I didn't use any on the ribs. I finished 4 bones and was stuffed. The mac and cheese was OK and the peach cobbler was good but not great.

The place is small and, well, purple :). Stacy cooks in a Southern Pride. The kitchen looked clean and the food came out fast. Bo and I had tea so I don't know if they serve beer.

MrSmoker
01-06-2010, 04:39 PM
I wish I had canceled my appointment and went with you, I ended up with a infection and had go back today. Stacy's is only a couple of miles from my house and we have eaten there once. It was lunch time and the place was packed.