PDA

View Full Version : Any Brethren or good Q in New Port Richey, FL??

Boat-n-BBQ
01-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Making a trip for the weekend to New Port Richey, FL in two weeks. Anyone know good BBQ places from the north side of Tampa up to maybe Hudson?

Thanks,
Boat

Boat-n-BBQ
01-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Oh, ok, so itís like that huh? Nothing :eek: no Q or Brethren in New Port Richey, FL?

Thatís alright. There will be while Iím in town :wink: Iíll just pack a big brisket and a few slabs of ribs prepíd and ready in a cooler. Snap my trusty Bubba Keg on the tow hitch of the SUV and weíll be smoking in FLÖ LoL Itís all good :cool: Even got a DC adapter for my Guru Iíve been meaning to test outÖ

You can't keep a good Brethren down:biggrin:
If ya smell my smoke stop by,
Boat

RubMeTender
01-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Pit Boss BBQ. 4221 Little Rd New Port Richey, FL 34655. Been there once, pretty decent

Eli's Bar-B-Que 360 Skinner Boulevard, Dunedin, FL. One of the best BBQ places I've ever been too. About 20 minutes south of New Port Richey.

Thats about all I have. Hope this helps out.

Boat-n-BBQ
01-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Dan,

I looked up Eli's and WOW, the reviews are awsome! Only open 2 days a week (fri + sat) from 11am to 6pm. I'm going to try hard to make this a stop while I'm there.

Thanks for the tip!

Willie's Smokehouse
01-19-2010, 06:40 AM
I live in new port richey,and don't waste your time going to Pit Boss, the food is horrible. I went there once and will never go back.

Willie's Smokehouse
01-19-2010, 06:55 AM
There is also a place on HWY 54 called Pappa's Ranch. The owner is 100% greek and obviously knows nothing about bbq. Another place to stay away from...

RubMeTender
01-20-2010, 10:29 AM
There is also a place on HWY 54 called Pappa's Ranch. The owner is 100% greek and obviously knows nothing about bbq. Another place to stay away from...

I've heard nothing but good things about their food at Pappa's Ranch though.

Willie's Smokehouse
01-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Dont get me wrong, the original Pappa's greek resturant has some great food, but they need to stick to that. For $15 i got a small pile of brisket and pork, which had zero flavor and was dry, even smothered in sauce it was bad. The baked beans were mushy and tasted like they came straight out of the can. The cole slaw was decent, but nothing i would go back for.

Boat-n-BBQ
01-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Well we've been down and back. We didn't stop anyplace :evil: I really wanted to try Eli's, but we got in to late Friday and couldn't make it on Saturday. Hopefully next time. We did cook 2 briskets and 5 slabs of spare ribs, so we did have some good Q.

Thanks for the tips though. My mother lives there and I go once or twice a year so we'll make it yet!!