PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment Smokin' on Big Creek - April 2-3, 2010

Jeff_in_KC
01-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Just wanted to point out we're back on the schedule for 2010 in Pleasant Hill, Missouri. Couple of new things... first off this year, we're adding a dessert category. Secondly, we're expanding the People's Choice and cutting out the live band. We have had very little audience for them the last two years and that's a $1,000 expense that is better spent elsewhere. We'll put people's choice under the pavilion and really advertise it heavily to the public. Jeff Spurgeon said his business (KC Customs) will again buy wings and butts for folks. We're also looking to find a sponsor for the prize money and would like to see a really nice payout for that. The People's Choice draws a LOT of people in Pleasant Hill and as such, it grabs the attention of sponsors, which will make the contest better. So we encourage all teams to enter people's choice!!! Details are on our Web site. We already have about 10 CBJs signed up and our first paid team already.

You can expect the same cooker friendly contest as we've had the last two years with our excellent volunteers who are very familiar with the world of competition barbeque!

One other item of note - you might notice the KCBS Web site will be advertising $3,000 purse. This is because for the first time, we were required to guarantee a purse with KCBS. I only guaranteed a 25 team contest, although we have no reason to believe we will be less than 50 once again. Therefore we expect payout to be the same (or if we get the sponsors) better than last year. We will let KCBS know when we are able to guarantee more. Just didn't want anyone to be alarmed by the KCBS advertising.

Our Web site (and the entry form) is available at www.SmokinOnBigCreekBBQ.com (http://www.SmokinOnBigCreekBBQ.com).

Looking forward to another great contest in 2010!

Bbq Bubba
01-01-2010, 12:17 PM
You know of a Spicewine that could be rented for this event? :)

Smokin Mike
01-01-2010, 01:56 PM
My favorite contest, can't wait. Jeff's trophy's are very cool.

crd26a
01-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Great info Jeff, we're trying to make up our mind if we'll be there

musicmanryann
01-01-2010, 02:48 PM
We are looking forward to coming down for this one.

Jeff_in_KC
01-01-2010, 06:55 PM

I think MY Spicewine has already been spoken for for this contest. I'll let you know if it is not though. I'm sure someone would have a smoker you could use for it though.

KC_Bobby
01-01-2010, 09:48 PM

Although Don and I have not talked about our schedule for the year I think we'll cook this one. But if we don't, you're welcome to use my BWS.

I should know soon.

HoDeDo
01-01-2010, 10:08 PM
We will be there.

Just Pulin' Pork
01-01-2010, 10:23 PM
If I am not cooking with Sticks-N-Chicks at this conest I will be volunteering, Jeff I will let you know as soon as I know something!

Diva
01-01-2010, 10:35 PM
TheSlabs.com are looking forward to it!

moocow
01-01-2010, 11:02 PM
You know we will be there in our usual roll! We had a blast last year. And don't forget a brethren took home the top prize.

HoDeDo
01-02-2010, 11:12 AM
A brethren took home the top prize the previous year as well :)

Rookie'48
01-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I'll be there to judge contest # 30!

Buster Dog BBQ
01-02-2010, 06:01 PM
I think we will have to add this one.

Rich Parker
01-02-2010, 06:21 PM

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Very Impressive!

Plowboy
01-02-2010, 07:59 PM
I'll probably be there, but that weekend is my 10 year wedding anniversary. Audrey may pull in audible.

I call dibs on getting my spot back from last year.

SloppyQ
01-02-2010, 08:51 PM

Bout time for you to cook with a team, you master judgen farker.

Jeff_in_KC
01-02-2010, 11:27 PM
I'll probably be there, but that weekend is my 10 year wedding anniversary. Audrey may pull in audible.

I call dibs on getting my spot back from last year.

Tell Audrey that I said Tammy and I cooked together on our 11th anniversary in Harrisonville August 22. Then don't let her near me in Philly! :shock: :lol:

Rookie'48
01-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Bout time for you to cook with a team, you master judgen farker.

Yeah, yeah, yeah :rolleyes: !

BTW - I cooked with a team 3 or 4 times before I screwed up the ol' back so I'm good there, but I'll probably try to "pit bitch" for a few teams this year so that I can improve my own cooking. Are you offering lessons, Lee :biggrin:?

Spydermike72
01-03-2010, 09:14 AM

I am up for a road trip....:mrgreen:

HoDeDo
01-03-2010, 01:04 PM
I wasn't BBQing on my 10th Anniversary!

QansasjayhawQ
01-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Way to go, Dave! And I hope to be there to cheer you on . . .

SloppyQ
01-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah :rolleyes: !

BTW - I cooked with a team 3 or 4 times before I screwed up the ol' back so I'm good there, but I'll probably try to "pit bitch" for a few teams this year so that I can improve my own cooking. Are you offering lessons, Lee :biggrin:?

Sure Dave, I would be glad to show you how to burn rubbery chicken, fall off the bone ribs, mushey pork butt, and the best goat brisket you ever had.:wink: Heck I'll even let you load the cooler.

PigBoy
01-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I bet you were smokin', Andy!

HoDeDo
01-03-2010, 10:12 PM
I bet you were smokin', Andy!

This year on our 11th anniversary, we went to Milwaukee and cooked in the Brew City's best, thanks to Scottie pimping for teams. I am thinking we will be back there this year, too. It was alot of fun... and also where we got to meet Walt and Tonto, and Ron and his better half. What a fun weekend.

But, nope not cookin on my 10th!

Plowboy
01-03-2010, 11:17 PM
But, nope not cookin on my 10th!

I think he was going for a double meaning kind of thing.

smknwhlswife
01-04-2010, 11:12 AM
I wasn't BBQing on my 10th Anniversary!

Nope we wasn't "Smokin" at all. He was fishing in Canada.:rolleyes:

Plowboy
01-04-2010, 11:14 AM
nope we wasn't "smokin" at all. But he was getting wet:eek:..... He was fishing in canada.:rolleyes:

nin...

Divemaster
01-04-2010, 11:26 AM
If it wasn't an 18 hour round trip.... But still, it would be nice to start out in early April....

Damn...... I'm hearing that 'Road Trip' voice again....

Jorge
01-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Anybody got a Lg. Egg or kettle I can borrow?

Plowboy
01-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Anybody got a Lg. Egg or kettle I can borrow?

I have both.

Jorge
01-04-2010, 11:41 AM
I have both.

I'll have some Goose on ice for you.....if Audrey lets you come out to play:mrgreen:

HoDeDo
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM
I have both as well Jorge, so if you need other gear, just let me know....

Scottie
01-04-2010, 11:50 AM
If it wasn't an 18 hour round trip.... But still, it would be nice to start out in early April....

Damn...... I'm hearing that 'Road Trip' voice again....

Hell, I'd try the one's in your backyard first.... Then worry about the 9 hour drive one's...

HoDeDo
01-04-2010, 11:54 AM
I think he was going for a double meaning kind of thing.
I know... but the only thing bitin on my line were Walleye... so figured I'd better say no "smokin'" was goin on :)

nin...
No NIN at the outpost camp in Canada.... heck we didnt have electricity to listen to NIN:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I do have the coolest wife on the planet to let me go fishin with my dad on our 10 yr. Anniversary. But that was a whole other thread....:-P

Divemaster
01-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Hell, I'd try the one's in your backyard first.... Then worry about the 9 hour drive one's...
Scottie, I might actually agree with you except for the fact that I have vacation I have to burn prior to the end of April and I have family in KC...

Now if we actually had a contest around here before mid May, I would be more than happy to use my vacation for it.

Sticks-n-chicks
01-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Sounds good, well be there

Exe-que-tioner
01-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Definitely will be doing this contest again! :-D Had a great time last year!

Congrats to "Rookie 48" for his upcoming 30 contest Master Judge achievement! :eusa_clap

Jeff_in_KC
01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Well Scottie, how about you trot on down here to Missouri and see where you measure up with these boys? LOL! It's always a tough comp with the names we have here and it looks like we're adding some other big ones this year!

By the way, we're now received our second paid entry and about five or six verbal confirms. I had to promise that if they came and if they got a call that I'd actually SAY "Fat Bastard and Lippy B" at the awards and not "Fat B and Lippy B". Can't figure it out though... her name (the lippy one) doesn't START with "B"? I don't get it! LOL!

Diva
01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
At the last crableg extravaganza, Kyle n Joe made Pleasant Hill THE place for the Tamale Head to Head between myself and Lippy Bitch. It oughta be a good one!Dibs on my spot and Dan has dibs on his spot and Brent would like to be close to us on the concrete or to the left of me or the right of Dan.

Scottie
01-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Sorry Jeff. Too close for me! I'm hoping there is one out in Cali or deep south Florida.

In reality, it's during my girls Spring Break and I haven't planned anything. Nothing yet at least. Maybe I'll win the free entry at the banquet! :)

Jorge
01-04-2010, 08:29 PM
At the last crableg extravaganza, Kyle n Joe made Pleasant Hill THE place for the Tamale Head to Head between myself and Lippy Bitch. It oughta be a good one!Dibs on my spot and Dan has dibs on his spot and Brent would like to be close to us on the concrete or to the left of me or the right of Dan.

Did you say Tamale?:wink::mrgreen:

Captain Caveman
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
We will be back this year!

Plowboy
01-04-2010, 08:47 PM

If this was a meatball throwdown... I'd be scared of Lippy. Her meatballs at Sugar Creek were off the chain.

Will there be an award like the AR Grit contest? I may have to chair the awards committee. Thinking... golden tamale!

Bunny
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
KCass is definately going to try to get out there and cook this contest. It's in our backyard for heaven's sake. Just hate it we're not rich enough for a lil camper. You know, to keep the snow off of us!! :eek:

Bunny

Diva
01-04-2010, 09:32 PM
If this was a meatball throwdown... I'd be scared of Lippy. Her meatballs at Sugar Creek were off the chain.

Will there be an award like the AR Grit contest? I may have to chair the awards committee. Thinking... golden tamale!

The winner will be determined by the invitees at the potluck. If you want to come up with an award, that'd be cool to have a third party do it!Jorge.......TAMALE!

Plowboy
01-04-2010, 11:32 PM
The winner will be determined by the invitees at the potluck. If you want to come up with an award, that'd be cool to have a third party do it!Jorge.......TAMALE!

You may regret that. :twisted:

Divemaster
01-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Sorry Jeff. Too close for me! I'm hoping there is one out in Cali or deep south Florida.

In reality, it's during my girls Spring Break and I haven't planned anything. Nothing yet at least. Maybe I'll win the free entry at the banquet! :)
No problem Scottie. Like I said, if we had one closer before May I'd be all over it, but we don't.

Jeff_in_KC
01-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Wow! Wasn't expecting this but apparently the judges like our contest as well! We already have 68 CBJs signed up to judge and we expect to need 66 (counting table captains and 3 alternates)! Several of these CBJs have LOW CBJ numbers as well. We also got either our 6th or 7th paid entry today... not sure which. Folks, to make the sponsors come out and play, we NEED lots of People's Choice entries for Friday evening!!! Remember, you can cook your pork beforehand and reheat at the contest for People's Choice. Wings shouldn't be a problem. Thanks to Jeff Spurgeon, we will supply about three pounds of wings to each team (although we recommend you bringing at least that many more) and one pork butt (and we recommend at least two half pans full of pork to be brought in with you). The more People's Choice entries, the more People's Choice pays out! And we had a huge line of people here for that last year! One other note on People's Choice... you just turn it in to us and we hold blind sampling/judging (local teams have no advantage that way!) so you don't have to work the crowd... just enjoy your Friday evening! Help us help the March of Dimes!!! Entry form is at www.SmokinOnBigCreekBBQ.com (http://www.SmokinOnBigCreekBBQ.com).

BBQchef33
01-21-2010, 10:05 PM
How far from NYC is Pleasent Hill. ??

:)

KC_Bobby
01-21-2010, 10:16 PM
1188 miles ... according to Google

Jeff_in_KC
01-22-2010, 08:22 PM
When will you be here to set up? I'm guessing you're flying.

HoDeDo
01-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Pooh-bah! Pooh-bah! :)

Rookie'48
01-23-2010, 09:27 PM
How far from NYC is Pleasent Hill. ??

:)

1188 miles ... according to Google

When will you be here to set up? I'm guessing you're flying.

Pooh-bah! Pooh-bah! :)

Come on down! Are you gonna cook, judge or visit? If you're judging or visiting you are welcome to share the 5th wheeler.

Jorge
01-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Come on down! Are you gonna cook, judge or visit? If you're judging or visiting you are welcome to share the 5th wheeler.

I wish he could, but he's cooking with me and two good friends.

The BBQ-Brethren National team will also unleash The Diddler, and Spicediddy himself on Pleasant Hill. I'll start hydrating for the event tomorrow.

Jeff_in_KC
01-25-2010, 04:48 PM
I wish he could, but he's cooking with me and two good friends.

The BBQ-Brethren National team will also unleash The Diddler, and Spicediddy himself on Pleasant Hill. I'll start hydrating for the event tomorrow.

Damn!!! So now I have to have the Spicebox ready for Jay too? He's gonna crap with the guru on there! :lol:

spicewine
01-25-2010, 05:23 PM
I cooked on a Spice Box with a Guru in New York. Vinney let me cook on his. It's the Diddler that will be thrown into a tail spin. :twisted:

BTW--- Can I wake Your Arse up if I set it on fire???

Jeff_in_KC
01-25-2010, 05:58 PM
I cooked on a Spice Box with a Guru in New York. Vinney let me cook on his. It's the Diddler that will be thrown into a tail spin. :twisted:

BTW--- Can I wake Your Arse up if I set it on fire???

Maybe you can figure out my temp soaring problem then! LOL! I still think I need all new door sealer around both doors. I heard the Diddler was bringing his own SpiceBox??

U2CANQUE
01-25-2010, 09:49 PM
I am sending in the Ohio representative form......looking forward to it

stan
01-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Come on guys get those entries in! We are looking forward to another great year!

Jeff_in_KC
01-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Come on guys get those entries in! We are looking forward to another great year!

OK here's the deal... so far as of today, we have ten entries paid. We have room for up to 54 depending on the weather. If it's completely dry with no mud, we MIGHT look at taking this up to 60 teams. However, out of the ten paid entries so far, SEVEN of those are new teams to this contest who have never cooked it before. That means there is a chance that at least seven teams who have been here before could miss out if the weather isn't perfect. If you're holding off til later, keep in mind we could fill up in a flash and not be able to get you in.

Also remember... the prize purse listed on KCBS Web site is ONLY due to the fact they make us guarantee a prize purse 90 days prior to the event, regardless of how many teams are signed up. We only guaranteed for 25 teams. I'm sure we will get the same or more teams as last year so the purse will be the same or better.

Arlin_MacRae
02-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Anyone got room for a couple of newbie pit-bitches? Jean and I are thinking of going up. We can schlepp wood, refill drinks... :)

Arlin

moocow
02-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Anyone got room for a couple of newbie pit-bitches? Jean and I are thinking of going up. We can schlepp wood, refill drinks... :)

Arlin
You guys should definitely come, if no teams will put you to work you can hop on the golf carts with Vern and I, its a lot of fun! This is starting to sound like we are organizing a "Pleasant Hill Bash"

Jeff_in_KC
02-13-2010, 09:10 AM
As of yesterday, we're at 20 teams. I'm really surprised with all the teams signing up who have not cooked our contest before. I know a lot of local teams are waiting until after Kookers Kare next weekend to see if they get a free entry (we gave them two entries). Just as a heads up, it'll probably fill up fast between February 20 and March 1 and it's $25 cheaper to sign up by March 1.

HoDeDo
02-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Arlin... you have a place in our camp, brother!

Jeff_in_KC
02-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Arlin... you have a place in our camp, brother!

I think Arlin should volunteer to work the contest! Need someone to help keep Vern in line. Shane can't control him! :lol:

Rookie'48
02-14-2010, 09:54 PM
And just who's supposed to be controling Shane???

BBQchef33
02-14-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm going!! Flights are made! BBQ Brethren NT is representing!

Arlin!! Get your ass up there and i'll buy the beer!

moocow
02-14-2010, 10:25 PM
And just who's supposed to be controling Shane???
Bobby, and who will be watching you?

HoDeDo
02-15-2010, 07:41 AM
Sounds like Stith has his hands full just with the help!!!!

I'm not gonna be watchin any of them, but I might add to the debauchery <insert evil laugh>

Arlin_MacRae
02-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Camp. Check.
Free beer. Check.
Golf cart rides. Check.

:-D

Thanks, guys - I can't imagine us not being there! Can you recommend any place to stay?

Rookie'48
02-15-2010, 01:28 PM
The only place that is actually in P.H. is the Mullberry Hill Bed & Breakfast. I've stayed there the last two years and it's a great little set up that is run by a very nice couple. The phone #s are:
1-800-837-1877
1-816-540-3457

Arlin_MacRae
02-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks, Dave! Made easy reservations at the Mulberry Hill B&B. For anyone else, there were still several rooms left as of a few minutes ago.

All right, Phil - is this it then? Neither of us will back out? I get to touch the fuzzy blue hat finally? ;)

Arlin

Sticks-n-chicks
02-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Sounds like Stith has his hands full just with the help!!!!

I'm not gonna be watchin any of them, but I might add to the debauchery <insert evil laugh>

I'm with you brother!

stan
02-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Oh my .... I may start taking advil now the way this is starting to shape up!

Jeff_in_KC
02-15-2010, 10:19 PM
OK who wants a smoker for $20 or so? Our major sponsor this year is American Barbecue Systems (ABS). They have donated a $1500 ABS All Star model smoker with the upgraded 10 inch pneumatic wheels. You can see the smoker at www.americanbarbecuesystems.com/All-Star10.asp (http://www.americanbarbecuesystems.com/All-Star10.asp) We are raffling this smoker with tickets at $5 each or five for $20. You can either buy while here for the contest or if you won't be here, you can mail me the money and we'll do the tickets for you and get them in the drawing. The drawing will take place during the awards ceremony on April 3. Proceeds from the raffle will help cover expenses (and maybe increase prize purse if it does well enough) with the balance going to the March of Dimes. If interested, PM me and I'll reply with my address and what details you need for your raffle ticket contact info. Shipping to the winner (if not here at the contest) will be the responsibility of the winner.

KC_Bobby
02-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Count me in for $20 on that.

Jorge
02-16-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm in for $30. When I win this thing, I hope some of you other farkers have some cash in your pockets for the auction. Proceeds split between Cancer Sucks, Kooker's Kare, and March of Dimes.

Plowboy
02-16-2010, 10:17 AM
I'm in for $30. When I win this thing, I hope some of you other farkers have some cash in your pockets for the auction. Proceeds split between Cancer Sucks, Kooker's Kare, and March of Dimes.

What about the Plowkids College Fund?

Arlin_MacRae
02-16-2010, 11:31 AM
If those 10" tires will let it run at highway speeds for five hours, I'm in! :)

moocow
02-16-2010, 11:35 AM
If you are helping with the contest are you eligible to win?

Plowboy
02-16-2010, 11:40 AM
If you are helping with the contest are you eligible to win?

No. Also anyone from outside the state of Missouri, Jackson County aren't eligible either. You must also be a former Grand Champion of the event to enter.

I'll take one ticket please. :wink:

KC_Bobby
02-16-2010, 11:55 AM
I got Chad buying 10 tickets for me :twisted:

Jorge
02-16-2010, 11:57 AM

D'oh!

Plowboy
02-16-2010, 12:28 PM

D'oh!

Chad lives outside of Jackson CO. Rules are rules.

Just Pulin' Pork
02-16-2010, 12:29 PM
No. Also anyone from outside the state of Missouri, Jackson County aren't eligible either. You must also be a former Grand Champion of the event to enter.

I'll take one ticket please. :wink:

That there is funny!

moocow
02-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Don't worry Bobby, I hear you can't be related to the organizer to be eligible and you know we are all Brethren! So it looks like Todd's GC won't help him.

Plowboy
02-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Don't worry Bobby, I hear you can't be related to the organizer to be eligible and you know we are all Brethren! So it looks like Todd's GC won't help him.

Chances are good that I could get banned by then. :rolleyes:

Exe-que-tioner
02-16-2010, 08:45 PM
OK who wants a smoker for $20 or so? Our major sponsor this year is American Barbecue Systems (ABS). They have donated a $1500 ABS All Star model smoker with the upgraded 10 inch pneumatic wheels. You can see the smoker at www.americanbarbecuesystems.com/All-Star10.asp (http://www.americanbarbecuesystems.com/All-Star10.asp) We are raffling this smoker with tickets at $5 each or five for $20. You can either buy while here for the contest or if you won't be here, you can mail me the money and we'll do the tickets for you and get them in the drawing. The drawing will take place during the awards ceremony on April 3. Proceeds from the raffle will help cover expenses (and maybe increase prize purse if it does well enough) with the balance going to the March of Dimes. If interested, PM me and I'll reply with my address and what details you need for your raffle ticket contact info. Shipping to the winner (if not here at the contest) will be the responsibility of the winner.

Great raffle item, Jeff! (and sponsor) Your contest just keeps gettin' better each year! One of the best run by far IMOP! Keep up the good work! :eusa_clap

KC_Bobby
02-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Chad lives outside of Jackson CO. Rules are rules.
damn rules

Chances are good that I could get banned by then. :rolleyes:
phil would never ban a brother of your personal quality - sure it's possible that anyone could have a moment, but brethren know not to judge a brother on a weak moment

Plowboy
02-16-2010, 09:42 PM
phil would never ban a brother of your personal quality - sure it's possible that anyone could have a moment, but brethren know not to judge a brother on a weak moment

Gag me.

HoDeDo
02-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Gag me.

Let me know if you need a ride to the hospital... I think Bob's nose is stuck in the crack of your....:shock:

Bob, bob, bob....(shaking head in disbelief) LOL :twisted:

KC_Bobby
02-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh whatever, I think ya missed my attempt to be a smart ass. And I just realized I'm going to miss a good part the MU-Texas game due to the meeting tomorrow night. :mad:

HoDeDo
02-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Oh whatever. And I just realized I'm going to miss a good part the MU-Texas game due to the meeting tomorrow night. :mad:

If I get time I will swing by BBQ Bonanza tomorrow, instead of Friday... so you can have your controller at the meeting. No promises, but I will give it a shot. You will have it at the Winter FunFest either way...

KC_Bobby
02-16-2010, 10:54 PM
No worries, if you don't make it over there this week. I can head over there in a week or so. I should have yesterday - it never crossed my mind til right now.

HoDeDo
02-16-2010, 11:00 PM
You will have it for the at the Winter FunFest... Just saying you might even get it tomorrow if you're lucky. Dont make a special trip over for it.

moocow
02-18-2010, 11:21 AM
You wouldn't think that a contest that supports the March of Dimes would use child labor to pick up trash and get water!!:-P

Jorge
02-18-2010, 11:37 AM
You wouldn't think that a contest that supports the March of Dimes would use child labor to pick up trash and get water!!:-P

Tell him to stop by for a root beer:wink:

Jeff_in_KC
02-18-2010, 05:18 PM
OK the reports of Jackson county residents only being eligible for this drawing are greatly exaggerated... ESPECIALLY since down here in CASS COUNTY, we don't give a squat about Jackson County! :lol: And by the way, anyone is eligible, even volunteers! Break out the wallets, brothers and sisters! :wink:

Plowboy
02-18-2010, 07:46 PM
OK the reports of Jackson county residents only being eligible for this drawing are greatly exaggerated... ESPECIALLY since down here in CASS COUNTY, we don't give a squat about Jackson County! :lol: And by the way, anyone is eligible, even volunteers! Break out the wallets, brothers and sisters! :wink:

Well, sign me up for two tickets then.

Hey, I'm bringing my entry to Kookers Kare this weekend. Saying it again... I want my spot back.

Solidkick
02-18-2010, 11:53 PM
The Diddler is more than likely going to have to cook on what is available....I'm embarassed to say, but I marked the wrong weekend off the work calendar, in a hurry I grabbed the dates for Sugar Creek and not Big Creek....I'm such a dumbass sometimes....I didn't realize it until I saw Stan's Facebook post about the raffle.....I'm thinking, I thought the contest was the 23rd & 24th? So it may be as late as 4PM before I can get there on the 2nd. If that is the case, I'll send my contest meat with Jay for inspection and start prepping as soon as I can get there.
We still have a few weeks to go, hopefully that weekend will play out with an earlier departure time for me.

Jeff_in_KC
02-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Wow! Got eight more entries at Kookers Kare tonight. Also gave away two entries we donated to KK. Counting those eight plus two, we are up to 36 teams already (WAY ahead of last year's pace!!) with room for approximately 50. If you're thinking about Pleasant Hill this year, don't think too long!

Plowboy
02-21-2010, 09:31 AM
I was surprised to see that your contest gave away two entries at Kookers Kare. That is awesome.

Jeff_in_KC
02-21-2010, 10:10 PM
I was surprised to see that your contest gave away two entries at Kookers Kare. That is awesome.

We used to give one to KCBS and one to Kookers Kare but this year, we decided to give both to a great cause instead.

Jeff_in_KC
02-24-2010, 03:04 PM
As of today, we are at 41 teams plus the two free entries from Kookers Kare! We are going to take it up to 54 teams and if need be and possible, a 60 team max. God, PLEASE no rain before and during this year!!!

Plowboy
02-24-2010, 03:34 PM
As of today, we are at 41 teams plus the two free entries from Kookers Kare! We are going to take it up to 54 teams and if need be and possible, a 60 team max. God, PLEASE no rain before and during this year!!!

Have I told you that I want my spot back. :lol:

KC_Bobby
02-24-2010, 04:32 PM
And I think the BBQ-Brethren team wants the space beside Todd.

Jorge
02-24-2010, 04:34 PM
And I think the BBQ-Brethren team wants the space beside Todd.

:eek: We get a partial refund on our entry then, right?:eek:

HoDeDo
02-24-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm thinkin over on the other side... by where Craig and Patty were might be safe if the Brethren team is next to Todd :)

stan
02-25-2010, 10:08 PM
We are up to 50 teams!!!! If you are not in get the entries in!

Jeff_in_KC
02-28-2010, 09:33 PM
After Saturday's mail and Kookers Kare, it's 53 to be exact. More than likely only seven more entries! Caveman, where are ya, bro???

stan
03-01-2010, 04:50 PM
59 TEAMS as of today!!!! Decisions... pray for good weather boys and girls

stan
03-03-2010, 05:47 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that we have a group that will be putting on a Texas Holdem tournament Friday night of the contest. I think they will start between 7:30 pm. They are planning some pretty good prizes and I think some money! Proceeds go to the March of Dimes.

Plowboy
03-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Our 10th Wedding Anniversary is the Thursday before. I want to host a midnight shot at camp Plowboy and maybe have some cake.

U2CANQUE
03-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Our 10th Wedding Anniversary is the Thursday before. I want to host a midnight shot at camp Plowboy and maybe have some cake.
Twist my arm and make me say Uncle....I am there!:biggrin:.....

HoDeDo
03-03-2010, 06:22 PM
So you had to feed her shots to marry you? :rolleyes: At midnight?

NTTAWWT... Who knows what mind altering stuff kim was on to say yes to me. 8)

Congrats on 10 year!

Plowboy
03-03-2010, 06:27 PM
So you had to feed her shots to marry you? :rolleyes: At midnight?

NTTAWWT... Who knows what mind altering stuff kim was on to say yes to me. 8)

Congrats on 10 year!

If the trailer's rockin at midnight... shot will be held at 12:02a. :wink:

HoDeDo
03-03-2010, 06:41 PM

At least you are leaving yourself time to pour the shots :-P
It will be here before we know it!!!!

Plowboy
03-03-2010, 06:46 PM
At least you are leaving yourself time to pour the shots :-P
It will be here before we know it!!!!

Actually, I was thinking about Audrey. A girl wants to look "put together" before she goes out in public.

BTW, as it gets closer to the weekend, that toy hauler itch is getting worse. :biggrin: Pleasant Hill could be the first comp to break it out if we upgrade.

U2CANQUE
03-03-2010, 06:52 PM
BTW, as it gets closer to the weekend, that toy hauler itch is getting worse. :biggrin: Pleasant Hill could be the first comp to break it out if we upgrade.
Would love to see the "virgin" voyage, well, and with the toast too....:twisted:

Jorge
03-03-2010, 08:25 PM

Is Randy going to be there?

Diva
03-03-2010, 08:35 PM

Dude.....

Plowboy
03-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Dude.....

Just keeping it real, sista.

Is Randy going to be there?

I don't think so, which sucks.

Jorge
03-04-2010, 09:05 AM
I don't think so, which sucks.

Remind him that there is a well aged bottle of single barrel that will be there, if he is:wink:

Todd Ras
03-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Any spots left for this one? Donkey Punch would like to get into this if we still have time :)

Jorge
03-04-2010, 10:03 AM
http://www.smokinonbigcreekbbq.com/teams.html

61 teams as of the 3rd. Better check with Jeff soon. I think that may be their limit.

Jeff_in_KC
03-04-2010, 01:07 PM
We can take just a FEW more (as in about four) smallish teams... ones with maybe just tents and small smokers who can get by on minimal or no electric. We can't fit any additional teams with motorhomes, campers and mobile kitchens - just no space in the event the main field is too muddy. Can't get 'em in and out without destroying the field. Contact me first if you still want in and meet these criteria.

Jeff_in_KC
03-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Just a quick update... we are completely FULL at 66 teams (and 100% CBJs)! Last two arrived yesterday (4 Legs Up and Buffalo's BBQ). This is 19 more teams than last year. I'm a little nervous but we will pull through! The good news is everyone will be excited about the increased payout, regardless of what the weather might do. We will announce that next week when we get our numbers completely scrunched.

Jorge
03-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Just a quick update... we are completely FULL at 66 teams (and 100% CBJs)! Last two arrived yesterday (4 Legs Up and Buffalo's BBQ). This is 19 more teams than last year. I'm a little nervous but we will pull through! The good news is everyone will be excited about the increased payout, regardless of what the weather might do. We will announce that next week when we get our numbers completely scrunched.

Anybody else notice Jeff working here..."Great news, more money for the teams....oh and the last two small teams in have both won or been part of a team that won the Jack....":lol::lol:

musicmanryann
03-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Anybody else notice Jeff working here..."Great news, more money for the teams....oh and the last two small teams in have both won or been part of a team that won the Jack....":lol::lol:

I know. I think I am going to come down from Ames arse-first to get ready for the whippin' that will inevitably ensue.:roll:

Solidkick
03-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Last two arrived yesterday (4 Legs Up and Buffalo's BBQ).

No match for the Brethren National team (gulp!)

spicewine
03-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Maybe we can get Donnie to smile.:brushteeth:

Jeff_in_KC
03-13-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm not kidding... I'm glad I'm organizing this contest and not cooking it! Y'all are looking at a top flight field! We're pretty excited!

HoDeDo
03-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Yep, I am ready to take the first whuppin of the season. That field is going to be one tough crowd.

Plowboy
03-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Yep, I am ready to take the first whuppin of the season. That field is going to be one tough crowd.

Yes, take your first whuppin in P. Hill and not in Little Rock this weekend. I've got a paint job to pay for. :pray:

This Is How We Que It
03-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Yes, take your first whuppin in P. Hill and not in Little Rock this weekend. I've got a paint job to pay for. :pray:

LOL. What that first place ribs didn't cover that? :-P

Sticks-n-chicks
03-15-2010, 07:55 AM

I still have sticky sticker stuff to get off my trailer...:rolleyes:

Jorge
03-16-2010, 02:05 PM
I've had something come up, that will keep me at home. I was looking forward to getting to spend time with friends that I don't see nearly often enough! Jeff and Stan have clearly done things right, based on the teams they've been able to draw to this event, and I'm sorry that I'll miss it. It's on the calendar for next year already! Best of luck to all!

stan
03-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Jorge we will miss ya brother! Hope to see you later this year then!

Solidkick
03-16-2010, 06:34 PM
I've had something come up, that will keep me at home. I was looking forward to getting to spend time with friends that I don't see nearly often enough! Jeff and Stan have clearly done things right, based on the teams they've been able to draw to this event, and I'm sorry that I'll miss it. It's on the calendar for next year already! Best of luck to all!
That's OK.....sorry you have to miss:wacko: .....we've got the left hander warmed up and we're going to the bullpen......nothing like bringing in a member of the 2009 AR Open Grand Championship team....:thumb:

Jorge---keep the phone charged!

Arlin_MacRae
03-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Dang, George... :(

Bigdog
03-17-2010, 09:16 AM
That's OK.....sorry you have to miss:wacko: .....we've got the left hander warmed up and we're going to the bullpen......nothing like bringing in a member of the 2009 AR Open Grand Championship team....:thumb:

Jorge---keep the phone charged!

We have one hell of a good bullpen don't we. :cool:

KC_Bobby
03-17-2010, 10:02 AM
I'd like to thank the Brethren for adding me to the roster. Sorry the roster opening is due to one members other obligations and I hope to fill it to the best of my abilities. (Truth be told, they asked me cause they were already using the Qchen).

The plan is for me to serve up ribs. This will be a comp first for me :pray: (wonder if the others know that) but I'm looking forward to it. I'll be using some Jedi powers so Don is able to watch over my shoulder and provide wisdom.

Solidkick
03-21-2010, 11:02 AM
I'd like to thank the Brethren for adding me to the roster. Sorry the roster opening is due to one members other obligations and I hope to fill it to the best of my abilities. (Truth be told, they asked me cause they were already using the Qchen).

The plan is for me to serve up ribs. This will be a comp first for me :pray: (wonder if the others know that) but I'm looking forward to it. I'll be using some Jedi powers so Don is able to watch over my shoulder and provide wisdom.
No worries....you've got it covered.....

smknwhlswife
03-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Anybody ready for this one? :confused: Been pretty quiet, esp. since it is this weekend!!!:wave:

moocow
03-29-2010, 02:48 PM
When is it again?:wink: Look forward to seeing everyone out there.

Arlin_MacRae
03-29-2010, 02:50 PM
I was just thinking the same thing, Kim.

FRIDAY!!!

U2CANQUE
03-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Anybody ready for this one? :confused: Been pretty quiet, esp. since it is this weekend!!!:wave:
I think that between the Kookers Kare event, and the Plowboys class, and those who have been hitting the road to events to get a jump everyone is dead today, and knowing that it is going to be a long week of prep.....ahhhhhhhhhhh, the joys.........:thumb:.........it is on now........(well, since nobody will be watching Kansas play in the final 4 :boxing:)........:becky:

Sticks-n-chicks
03-29-2010, 03:56 PM

I wish it was today, but I'm not ready yet... when are you guys heading out there?

The Giggler
03-29-2010, 04:23 PM

I'm certainly siked! Good to see all my Midwestern Friends again! And get the cook on with my boy, Rob! Anybody check the temp forecast! Gonna be seasonable by my Snow Country point of view.

Kim - I'll be in touch with my flight information this week. Wrapping up all my loose ends, and getting ready for the trip!

KC_Bobby
03-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Sunny and windy all week long. Hopefully the sun stays for the weekend but the wind moves on. Forecast has some chances of rain this weekend, but I'll start up an anti-rain dance.

I got our PC Pork cooked and in the freezer waiting to come out on Wednesday to start the thaw. A few things to do on the trailer the next few nights, but I'll have it ready to roll by Thursday.

Plowboy
03-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Don't be surprised if the county health inspector that is looking at the PC teams to make sure they have a triple sink also asks you if the food was cooked on site. If they ask, the answer is "absolutely". They won't let you use precooked food. They want it cooked on site. Jackson County has been pushing this rule pretty hard the last two years. At Blue Springs, they make us cook everything onsite that we plan to vend.

Sticks-n-chicks
03-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Anyone up for putting on a pot luck dinner?

Plowboy
03-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Polishing my cowbell.

Rookie'48
03-30-2010, 12:40 AM
I just put the Templeton in the freezer. See y'all Friday!

Bigdog
03-30-2010, 06:25 AM
...and I will have a cooler full of ice cold Shiners. :bow:

U2CANQUE
03-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Will have a case of Gabby Blonde from Indiana........courtesy of the Shigs In Pit team from Fort Wayne....

Plowboy
03-30-2010, 11:01 AM
A bottle of Single Barrel is going into the freezer for a midnight shot for my ten year wedding anniversary. Everyone is welcome to stop by. We've got a pig cake being made.

Arlin_MacRae
03-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Scotch, beer, cigars, Scope... ;)

Plowboy
03-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Scotch, beer, cigars, Scope... ;)

I'll pass on getting "scoped". :shock:

Solidkick
03-30-2010, 12:09 PM
I just put the Templeton in the freezer. See y'all Friday!

Oh...the temptation.....My first experience with Templeton's was last years American Royal....."hey, where's Kick?"......<my wife says in response>...."oh....he's over there sitting down for awhile, that Templeton's kicked his butt!......"

Diva
03-30-2010, 12:34 PM
When is it again?:wink: Look forward to seeing everyone out there.

Don't forget the margarita machine! :biggrin1:

moocow
03-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Don't forget the margarita machine! :biggrin1:
Its ready to go!!!

Paola Greg
03-30-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm hoping to give out my first ever official 9 there this Saturday, so you all cook real good now, ok..........

Arlin_MacRae
03-30-2010, 06:02 PM
I'll pass on getting "scoped". :shock:

It's for Andy. No worries, Todd. :becky:

The Giggler
03-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Chicken trimmed! Resting peacefully in the fridge.

Anyone ever flown with a cooler? Will I have a problem with ice?

Can't wait. One more day of work.

Plowboy
03-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Chicken trimmed! Resting peacefully in the fridge.

Anyone ever flown with a cooler? Will I have a problem with ice?

Can't wait. One more day of work.

Use the gel packs.

KC_Bobby
03-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Just watched the weather forecast - bring your rain gear

file:///C:/Users/BOBDEN%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.pnghttp://localtvdev.com/wdaf/Long_Ranger.JPG

Jeff_in_KC
03-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Any of you guys coming out to play, we might need some help serving people's choice from 6-8 on Friday night. Email me at BigCreekBBQ at Embarqmail dot com if you can help. I MIGHT not make it back here much before the contest!

This Is How We Que It
03-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Any of you guys coming out to play, we might need some help serving people's choice from 6-8 on Friday night. Email me at BigCreekBBQ at Embarqmail dot com if you can help. I MIGHT not make it back here much before the contest!

I should be there by 6pm (hopefully) I will help out.

Jeff_in_KC
03-30-2010, 11:53 PM
I should be there by 6pm (hopefully) I will help out.

Thanks, Bryan!

Jeff_in_KC
03-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Bob, thanks for posting the absolute WORST of all the local forecasts! LOL! I like weather Channel best... only a 20% chance of rain Friday and 40% on Saturday. Last I checked anyway.

Jeff_in_KC
03-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Actually, here is the latest from Weather channel:

Thu (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/64080?dayNum=2)
Apr 1

http://i.imwx.com/web/common/wxicons/45/30.gif?12122006
Partly Cloudy

80 hi
59 lo

0% chance precip

Fri (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/64080?dayNum=3)
Apr 2

http://i.imwx.com/web/common/wxicons/45/38.gif?12122006
Scattered T-Storms

70 hi
47 lo

50% chance of precip

Sat (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/64080?dayNum=4)
Apr 3

http://i.imwx.com/web/common/wxicons/45/37.gif?12122006
Isolated T-Storms

62 hi
46 lo

30% chance of precip

KC_Bobby
03-31-2010, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I noticed that this morning too when Don Harmon's forecast listed a much lower chance of showers compared to Mike Thompson's. Then I checked the website this morning and it still had the one I posted. One would think all the meteorologists at the same station would work together on the forecast rather then each show their own.

That said, weather.com is the worst for the KC area - it never gets updated after it's loaded.

Divemaster
03-31-2010, 10:07 AM
Well, it looks like I may be down in Overland Park this weekend. I finally got approval for the vacation I had put in about a month ago...

I'm hoping to be able to stop by and see as many of you on Friday evening and again for the awards on Saturday...

lunchlady
03-31-2010, 10:23 AM
why don't I live in MO? ... :doh: I wanna come and play!

Best of Luck to everyone!

Weather or no, you'll have a great time ... I'll be toasting at midnight too!

U2CANQUE
03-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Tell me about it Michelle.....laughing, I am just grateful that I took the assignment out here, I will have 10-11 contests in by the time that I head back to Ohio.....a nice little jump on the year........best of luck to you guys this year.....

U2CANQUE
03-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Well, it looks like I may be down in Overland Park this weekend. I finally got approval for the vacation I had put in about a month ago...

I'm hoping to be able to stop by and see as many of you on Friday evening and again for the awards on Saturday...

Look forward to catching up again Jeff.....it has been a long year since we last bs'd

BBQchef33
03-31-2010, 11:52 AM
im packed..arriving 930 tomorrow.... all i think i need is

RAIN GEAR!:frusty:

Divemaster
03-31-2010, 11:57 AM
Look forward to catching up again Jeff.....it has been a long year since we last bs'd
Looking forward to it too!!!

Solidkick
03-31-2010, 12:22 PM
im packed..arriving 930 tomorrow.... all i think i need is

RAIN GEAR!:frusty:

Bass Pro at 70 & 291 (I think)...tell 'em "Kick" sent you! LOL :laugh:

Jeff_in_KC
03-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Man, this organizer chit is crazy! I've worked day and night the last week and a half and STILL feel like I have a ton of stuff to do! LOL! Stan said if I was employed, we'd be hosed! (paraphrased)! Somehow I gotta find time to clean up the Spicebox for Jay and Gary! Still has salt/road grime from the ordeal coming home from Little Rock in the snot.

Solidkick
03-31-2010, 09:05 PM
She don't have to look pretty for me.....beside, the rain will clean her up.....on the outside that is!

Plowboy
03-31-2010, 09:24 PM
She don't have to look pretty for me.....beside, the rain will clean her up.....on the outside that is!

It is Teal. By definition, it is "pretty" :drama:

Solidkick
03-31-2010, 09:36 PM
It is Teal. By definition, it is "pretty" :drama:
I wasn't gonna go there..... :peace:

BBQchef33
03-31-2010, 10:03 PM
hey folks..

i have to make some stops on the way from the airport.

From airport, gotta go to...

KC BBQ Store

Whole foods 7401 West 91st Street, Overland Park

Comfort Inn http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/symres:sb_safeannotation.png607 Southeast Oldham Parkway, Lees Summit

Contest site..

which is best route to take before finishing up at hotel... bbq store first, or whole foods first. ??

Arriving at 9:30... doing the shopping,m checking into hotel, then meeting bobby after work and going to site..

Plowboy
03-31-2010, 10:41 PM
hey folks..

i have to make some stops on the way from the airport.

From airport, gotta go to...

KC BBQ Store

Whole foods 7401 West 91st Street, Overland Park

Comfort Inn http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/symres:sb_safeannotation.png607 Southeast Oldham Parkway, Lees Summit

Contest site..

which is best route to take before finishing up at hotel... bbq store first, or whole foods first. ??

Arriving at 9:30... doing the shopping,m checking into hotel, then meeting bobby after work and going to site..

You've got it. KC BBQ Store from airport and then work East: Whole Foods, Hotel, Contest site.

You'll drive right by my office when you go to Whole Foods.

KC_Bobby
03-31-2010, 11:47 PM
My office too - don't forget to wave. Phil, will you do me a favor and pick up one extra thigh and don't touch it. Interested in inspecting one Whole Food thigh. I might give them a go this year.

The Giggler
04-01-2010, 05:09 AM
Getting ready to board. Checked the chicken cooler. Hope they have a comfortable flight. Also hitting the KC Bbq store pre-contest. Arriving at 10:00 am (KC). Not sure who's picking up Phil @ 9:30, but I'll be there too.

Bigdog
04-01-2010, 06:03 AM
Getting ready to board. Checked the chicken cooler. Hope they have a comfortable flight. Also hitting the KC Bbq store pre-contest. Arriving at 10:00 am (KC). Not sure who's picking up Phil @ 9:30, but I'll be there too.

Phil is renting a car. Be careful if you ride with him though, he has a history with the Missouri Highway Patrol. :twisted::tsk::heh:

Bigdog
04-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Somehow I gotta find time to clean up the Spicebox for Jay and Gary!

You mean that it still has some "suspicious" stains? :twisted::twisted::twisted: I can't imagine how that would have happened. :heh:

The Giggler
04-01-2010, 06:29 AM
BigDog, how would I get in touch with him? I might be able to save Andy and Kim a trip to pick me up. We're all going to the same place. :)

Bigdog
04-01-2010, 06:40 AM
PM sent

daedalus
04-01-2010, 07:12 AM
I am totally stoked about this weekend...Woody with Fullwood Brothers has graciously allowed me to help get my feet wet(pun intended) with his team this weekend. It will be the first time I have cooked with a team in an actual sanctioned comp. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you guys in person. I have a feeling this is going to be an interesting weekend. Today is going to be the longest day ever at work!

Plowboy
04-01-2010, 07:50 AM
My office too - don't forget to wave. Phil, will you do me a favor and pick up one extra thigh and don't touch it. Interested in inspecting one Whole Food thigh. I might give them a go this year.

Bobby wants to touch Phil's thighs. Pass it on.

Sticks-n-chicks
04-01-2010, 07:54 AM

I think I just go t the hebee gebees.....shake it off.....

moocow
04-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Anybody have room for Bobby in there camper? After this I am not sure I want him staying with us!!:-P

Fat Woody
04-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Will have a case of Gabby Blonde from Indiana........courtesy of the Shigs In Pit team from Fort Wayne....

Tell Todd that Phil & Lydia from the Fullwood Bros' say hey! He can send us along some of that fine Mad Anthony Old Woody Pale Ale too!

Fat Woody
04-01-2010, 08:57 AM
The Fullwood Bros' cigar lounge will be open to all Brethren herfers throughout the weekend; stop by for "a schmoke and a pancake" at your leisure. I'll have a fresh bottle of Laphroaig to wash it all down.

Jeff_in_KC
04-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Don't worry, Shane... I have the perfect place for farkers like Bob who wanna touch other guys' thighs - he can hang with Stan in the Farmers rig! :clap2::laugh:

More and more, this is looking troublesome for the weekend. Farking weather!

:rain:

Arlin_MacRae
04-01-2010, 09:29 AM
The Fullwood Bros' cigar lounge will be open to all Brethren herfers throughout the weekend; stop by for "a schmoke and a pancake" at your leisure. I'll have a fresh bottle of Laphroaig to wash it all down.

Woo-hoo!!! I'll have to bring up a different single malt since you've got Laphroaig covered. Another of the Classic Six.

And cigars. ;)

Plowboy
04-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Woo-hoo!!! I'll have to bring up a different single malt since you've got Laphroaig covered. Another of the Classic Six.

And cigars. ;)

Arlin the Lounge Lizard

Arlin_MacRae
04-01-2010, 10:33 AM
I prefer "patio lizard", Todd. It lets me play with hot steel and meat while I get my drink and my smoke on.

SmokyOkie
04-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Is there a roll call thread for this competition?

I'll be up there but not cooking. I'd like to find out who all I will get a chance to meet.

Exe-que-tioner
04-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Is there a roll call thread for this competition?

I'll be up there but not cooking. I'd like to find out who all I will get a chance to meet.

Go to the website and then select "TEAMS".

www.smokinonbigcreekbbq.com

SmokyOkie
04-01-2010, 12:14 PM
I guess I was thinking in terms of screen names. I don't know what screen name=what team name, save a few.

Solidkick
04-01-2010, 12:25 PM
I guess I was thinking in terms of screen names. I don't know what screen name=what team name, save a few.

After a couple of beers, you'll just be calling everyone "brother" or "sister" anyway....:becky:

SmokyOkie
04-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I have gotten in trouble for that before.:icon_blush:

VGuilford
04-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Phil is renting a car. Be careful if you ride with him though, he has a history with the Missouri Highway Patrol. :twisted::tsk::heh:
Well he better behave then cause there is a troop headquarters in Lee's Summit, if I'm not mistaken not to far away from the hotel. :cop::mod:

Jorge
04-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Well he better behave then cause there is a troop headquarters in Lee's Summit, if I'm not mistaken not to far away from the hotel. :cop::mod:

It was a county deputy:becky:

I might call them myself, since I got a picture of Phil's lunch from Oklahoma Joe's in Olathe a little while ago!

KC_Bobby
04-01-2010, 02:25 PM

State Troopers HQ is about a 7/8 iron from his hotel - directly caddy-corner on the intersection of his hotel.

Rookie'48
04-01-2010, 02:47 PM

Another good reason that I'm bringing my trailer! :-D

KC_Bobby
04-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Dave, I figured you'd be there by now.

KC_Bobby
04-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Anyone have the info packet with them? Would like to know what time People's Choice Pork turn in is due.

thanks

BBQchef33
04-01-2010, 03:51 PM
i have it in the car.. will see u in a few.

kc-bobby..............we're at the hotel.. call me when youre ready...

daedalus
04-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Anyone have the info packet with them? Would like to know what time People's Choice Pork turn in is due.

thanks

Peoples Choice turn in is at the Miller Lite Pavilion between 5:30 and 5:45 on Friday evening.

Jorge
04-01-2010, 04:07 PM

Dude?! Hasn't their been enough talk about your thighs already?

spicewine
04-01-2010, 05:29 PM
BEWARE!!! THE SPICEMAN COMETH!! :mad2:

smknwhlswife
04-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Better news on the weather front. Channel 9 is saying that we should only have rain for a few hrs on Friday and then it should be done. But strong winds with it.

SmokyOkie
04-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Kim, I see you have a Hasty Bake Suburban (mod 410). I also see that on their website, they list the Suburban as a 414, or 415 for stainless.

do you know what the difference is, or di they just change the model#.

I have a Suburban, circa 1993 that I bought for $50 (jealous of the $25).

I also have a stainless Legacy that the insurance co. bought me.

tonto1117
04-02-2010, 07:01 AM
i have it in the car.. will see u in a few.

Please tell me they didn't let ya drive........:crazy::becky:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6933/20080118confusingstreetyg5.jpg