PDA

View Full Version : so the health dept says.....

kingbrutis
12-09-2009, 11:27 AM
I just talked to them and in our county, the smoker has to fully eclosed. I was hopeing to do local events as well as private gigs. Looks like thats out the window. I'd love to get a small enclosed trailer with an fec, but just dont have that kind of money. Advice?

Jerk Pit Master
12-09-2009, 12:30 PM
What type of license?

For street vendng an enclosed smoker is typically required. At local events and catering I often see non-enclosed smokers/cooking equipment. Check the HD list for a 3-day or less special event license.

Make sure you are asking the correct questions.

Ford
12-09-2009, 12:45 PM
I just talked to them and in our county, the smoker has to fully eclosed. I was hopeing to do local events as well as private gigs. Looks like thats out the window. I'd love to get a small enclosed trailer with an fec, but just dont have that kind of money. Advice?
I've heard AZ is real tough on licensing.

kingbrutis
12-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Yea, there are farmers markets every week at different locations. Even though each one is once a week, I was told they are considered ongoing, so those are out. I am trying to currently trying to get ahold of the special event woman in charge to figure it all out. Getting a callback from the HD is nearly impossible.

I've heard AZ is real tough on licensing.

chambersuac
12-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Let us know how this all works out for you. I pray you get it done the way you want.