PDA

View Full Version : USA championship

dreed
12-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Thinking of doing this one in March 2010. 100K in prizes with payout to the top 40. Has anyone have any feedback or have participated in a Smoke on Water Production comp?

getyourrubonbbq
12-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Yes, What type of info are you looing for?

E Mellow
12-07-2009, 07:28 PM
cold, wet, didn't see the sun the 3 days we were down there... oh yeah and James Stephens hanging around our tent for basically the whole contest. Other then that it was well run, great live music, and made many new friends. New venue this go around and the larger prize pool will for sure have a bunch of people coming this year.

Big Ugly's BBQ
12-08-2009, 06:49 AM
We did Degaque (Smoke on the Water Prod) last year, other than the weather and haulin water, it was well organized.

CajunSmoker
12-08-2009, 09:59 AM
We've done 4 of the Smoke on the Water contests and all have been very well run. The only problem we've had was the loading in and out last year at Little Rock and that wasn't the fault of the organizer it was just a difficult place to get everyone in and out of.

Jacked UP BBQ
12-08-2009, 01:22 PM
We will be there!

HoDeDo
12-08-2009, 01:32 PM
We have cooked Pine Bluff, Hot Springs, and Little Rock, and Ronnie runs good contests in general. My personal experience has always been ok -- Little Rock last year, was a little touch and go... but I think the venue was not suited for a BBQ contest. So, it was working with what you had - and crappy weather. This year should be better with the new venue.

Scottie
12-08-2009, 01:43 PM
The themed dinner party was fun though.... I did bring Green River soda for muddy water drinks for all though... OK and some beefs... Which had green jardiniera on it... So I guess I was in the "theme"...

Goo dthing Steph isn't around, or she would be yelling at me...

getyourrubonbbq
12-08-2009, 02:40 PM
cold, wet, didn't see the sun the 3 days we were down there... oh yeah and James Stephens hanging around our tent for basically the whole contest. Other then that it was well run, great live music, and made many new friends. New venue this go around and the larger prize pool will for sure have a bunch of people coming this year.

Well, when you guys offered the crab cakes that's all it took:lol: Don't forget about me fixin your your Piglet door Elliot, that was the magic touch that helped produce that 1st. place Brisket:roll:

E Mellow
12-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Well, when you guys offered the crab cakes that's all it took:lol: Don't forget about me fixin your your Piglet door Elliot, that was the magic touch that helped produce that 1st. place Brisket:roll:

I would have to agree, if you didn't fix that door for us it would have been a long drive back to St. Louis.

dreed
12-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Thanks All, I think an RV park for a comp is brilliant. Everyone gets their own personal hook-ups.

OC Pig Assassins can you trailer all our equipment, we will fly and meet you there:mrgreen:

HoDeDo
12-08-2009, 05:22 PM
The themed dinner party was fun though.... I did bring Green River soda for muddy water drinks for all though... OK and some beefs... Which had green jardiniera on it... So I guess I was in the "theme"...

Goo dthing Steph isn't around, or she would be yelling at me...

The soda was awesome!!!!

QueTPiesBBQ
12-08-2009, 06:12 PM
don't believe I am going to get to cook in this one, but will come up and check everyone out. Mabye I can find a group to shelter with if it rains...hehehe

JD McGee
12-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Where is it located? Anyone have a link? :cool:

getyourrubonbbq
12-08-2009, 06:44 PM
don't believe I am going to get to cook in this one, but will come up and check everyone out. Mabye I can find a group to shelter with if it rains...hehehe

Come on brother, I got you covered!!

getyourrubonbbq
12-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Where is it located? Anyone have a link? :cool:

http://www.smokeonthewaterbbq.com/

JD McGee
12-08-2009, 06:54 PM
http://www.smokeonthewaterbbq.com/

Cool...thanks James! :-P That's a pretty good chunk of change for GC...:cool:

getyourrubonbbq
12-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Yes sir it is...look forward to seeing you there.

goodsmokebbq
12-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Thanks All, I think an RV park for a comp is brilliant. Everyone gets their own personal hook-ups.

OC Pig Assassins can you trailer all our equipment, we will fly and meet you there:mrgreen:

I am thinking about this one too. North East caravan? :-P

dreed
12-09-2009, 09:54 AM
I am thinking about this one too. North East caravan? :-P

That sounds good, we will probably be leaving the Wed before. You probably will swing down through PA on 81.

Dana

Smokin' Joe
12-09-2009, 10:08 AM
We are planning on it...first comp of 2010 and can't wait:biggrin:

Any other Iowa Brethren attending?

Born2Smoke
12-09-2009, 10:14 AM
I smell a Road Trip.....OC, we'll meet you at exit 109 GSP

Candy Sue
12-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I think the contest in March 2010 will be better than this year at the Clinton Center! The RV park is on the opposite side of the river and is better sheltered from the winds. Due to scheduling restraints in March, BBQr's Delight won't be cooking it. I am planning on being a judge or table captain and I will definitely bring pellets to any who request them.

In 2009, the weekend before the contest, temps were in the 70s and it was gorgeous! Weather could be terrible or great?!!??

Diva
12-09-2009, 01:23 PM

Good thing Steph isn't around, or she would be yelling at me...

Smartass :cool:

goodsmokebbq
12-09-2009, 01:31 PM
That sounds good, we will probably be leaving the Wed before. You probably will swing down through PA on 81.

Dana

Looks like 90 is the best for us, you rolling 81 to nashville?. We were also thinking Wed.

dreed
12-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Looks like 90 is the best for us, you rolling 81 to nashville?. We were also thinking Wed.
Looks to be two different routes, I will have a cold beer with you on Thursday night when we arrive

QueTPiesBBQ
12-11-2009, 09:08 PM
I think the contest in March 2010 will be better than this year at the Clinton Center! The RV park is on the opposite side of the river and is better sheltered from the winds. Due to scheduling restraints in March, BBQr's Delight won't be cooking it. I am planning on being a judge or table captain and I will definitely bring pellets to any who request them.

In 2009, the weekend before the contest, temps were in the 70s and it was gorgeous! Weather could be terrible or great?!!??

We are planning on cooking at it, and probably will need pellets. I will be sure to submit my order in plenty of time. Hoping for good weather.