PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Kennesaw, Georgia

Saiko
12-24-2003, 06:28 PM
Heya! I was a frequent lurker on the old Bandera mailing list, but didn't realize most people have wandered over here :D
I've had a Bandera for about 4 years now, but I only get to use it about once a month. I've already made most of the mods from the old mailing list (aluminum heat baffle, grate in firebox, etc.), but I'll prolly have tons of other questions.
I'm also gonna rely on you Texas guys when I finally decide to smoke a brisket, since right now I'm only doing pork shoulder, ribs, chicken and turkey.
Look forward to getting some veteran advice!

Saiko (Mark)

homepage:
http://www.markandteri.com

BBQchef33
12-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Saiko.. Welcome over.!! We moved from the bandera-brethren Yahoo group in August. Still keep an eye over there and try to direct everyoen here. You got a wealth of info here to hget yuou going to the ultimate brisket... Why wait??? go get a packer cut and we'll get ya goin!!!

happy Holidays!!

chad
12-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the group. I was just up your way last month for a wedding.

slat
12-24-2003, 08:55 PM
Hey Mark welcome to what most of us would call our home away from home. The knowledge here is plentiful. Glad to have a new member of the Brethren.

Solidkick
12-24-2003, 10:13 PM
Welcome fellow brother! I know I sent you a welcome PM, as I try to do all new members, but I'll offically do it again.

Stay away from the Texas guys when it comes to Q'n, the Midwest Chapter is where the knowledge is, so ask us. Or is it the drinking we know and the Q'n we're trying to learn? Damn......... I forget......... anyone got a beer? LOL Just joking, the southern boys got it going on too!

Bill-Chicago
12-24-2003, 10:35 PM
There some knowledge in the Midwest Psycho, but don't listen to David H in Portland. He's suffering from Mad Cow.

From my post count, you will see I play the role of village idiot.

But I keep track of who posts what, most times. So if you got a Question, that you didnt get a good answer for, just hit the PM button on any one of my posts for a private message. I will direct it to the appropriate resident expert (there are alot of them here) or two and get you some answers quickly.

But post your questions first, cuz these guys are nice and active here.

Welcome aboard Gary. We try to keep Q talk in its own forum, and insanity in the Woodpile, but sometimes it crosses over. This is a great group, where we are all one big neighborhood.

Hope you enjoy the backyard!!

Bill-Chicago
12-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Hey Psycho, just checked out your web site.

Damn, you know how to vacation.

When I saw the dog picture, I knew instantly that you are our kinda guy.

Some great pics there man, and they just opened a JB "Cheeseburger" place here.

SoCalCraigster
12-25-2003, 10:27 AM
Mark,

welcome back!

I really enjoyed the website and the Hawaii-5-0 theme song.

SoCalCraigster-California

Solidkick
12-25-2003, 11:18 AM
Welcome aboard Gary. We try to keep Q talk in its own forum, and insanity in the Woodpile, but sometimes it crosses over. This is a great group, where we are all one big neighborhood.

And sometime Bill forgets who he's talking to. LOL

Mark, Gary, Brother, just answer to all, that's what I do........... :lol:

Bill-Chicago
12-29-2003, 10:54 AM

And sometime Bill forgets who he's talking to. LOL

Mark, Gary, Brother, just answer to all, that's what I do........... :lol:

LMAO Mr. Kick.

But I must defer to my disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything I type which is stamped passed 8pm.

Now this Gary reference, hell that was 10:30pm on Xmas Eve. My family tradition is Mass, then Margaritas at the mexican joint on Xmas Eve. So I am shocked I even was able to type with my face as clearly as I did, albeit using the wrong name. I was clearly **** faced at the time, waiting for Santa so I could kick his ass.