PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!

armor
12-02-2009, 05:30 AM
A friend has asked me to cook on site for a small business party this Saturday. This party is to take place outside complete with a bonfire. The party is taking place at a home they purchased last summer but have not moved into. It is in the country with lake, barns etc. Very picturesque. I guess that is why the party is happening there. There is no furniture in house so this get together is definitely staying outside. My concern is keeping the food warm. I may be wrong but I am not sure chafing dishes will do the job as the temps are supposed to top out at 39 degrees. Yes there is electricity but I didn't want to invest in slow roasters etc but that may be the only way. Any input would be appreciated.

Ron_L
12-02-2009, 07:08 AM
Unless some of the experienced caterers have a great idea I think an electric roaster like a Nesco is the way to go. Chafing dishes sometimes struggle at normal indoor temps :) Good luck!

Mr Applejacks
12-02-2009, 11:43 AM
borow beg steal

armor
12-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Saved by the weather report. Mix of rain and snow. :-D Party has been moved inside so not cooking on site. Deliver, set up, and serve. Providing everything but drinks and deserts. Now I have to find tables and chairs to rent. :-D:-D

Jburt
12-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Where in VA? There are certainly places to pick that stuff up depending on where you will be.

Arlin_MacRae
12-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Moved over to Catering to see if more in-the-know folks can jump in.

Bbq Bubba
12-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Moved over to Catering to see if more in-the-know folks can jump in.

Thanks Arlin! :biggrin:

Sounds as if you got it under control!

Let someone deal with the tables and chairs and just charge them for some awesome Q!

armor
12-07-2009, 05:05 PM
You are right about tables and chairs. I will never do it again. didn't lose money on it, just too much trouble.

PCDoctor_1979
12-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Agreed. I don't even pretend to be a full service caterer. No frills, just awesome food and excellent service. The venue and furnishings are up to the customer.

PCDoctor_1979
12-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Just to clarify - I will provide paper goods, disposable table service, etc. No china, real silverware, white tablecloths or any of that other foof. Just honest to goodness barbecue.