PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Depot Membership via KCBS

ammoore
11-01-2009, 06:38 PM
From the KCBS Website
Restaurant Depot Membership KCBS Members can now receive a free membership to Restaurant Depot. Present your current KCBS membership card and the access number 5717668 to receive your Restaurant Depot card today.

OK...so I went in to the nearest RD and guess what...I was told I can not get a card because there are multiple people already registered to the KCBS account. The lady said she could however give me a temp. one day pass.

I just wanted to check it out so the one day pass was ok. I wasn't in the mood to argue with her but logically if there are already multiple people registered under the KCBS account, then having multiple people on one account isn't an issue.

Just curious if anyone else had any success using this "free membership to Restaurant Depot". I was impressed with their meat selection and would like to use them for my contest meat going forward.

MilitantSquatter
11-01-2009, 06:40 PM
May want to contact the KCBS office to seek resolution. Or maybe one of the BOD members will see this.

Jacked UP BBQ
11-01-2009, 08:14 PM
I have a restaurant depot card and it was FREE!

HoDeDo
11-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Our RD manager was not aware of it either. I asked them when we were in last time how many folks had taken advantage of it, he had never heard of it... so I showed him the Bullsheet, and he was still clueless lol

Yakfishingfool
11-01-2009, 08:42 PM
We encountered this on the island. I told them that I was using their "tax ID number" from KCBS and registering it under my name. Bingo, it worked. Oh It'z BBQ is registered at RD. Now if there was one closer than 90 minutes away. Scott

Jeff_in_KC
11-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Large, spread out corporation... slow communication within. I'm surprised that of all places, the RD in Kansas City would not know. Maybe it takes awhile.

txschutte
11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Haha!! The nearest RD from me is in Denver, I believe. A 6 hour one way drive!

dhuffjr
11-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Might be sending KCBS some money :>)

bbq ron
11-02-2009, 05:28 AM
i got to check it out today and thx :-P:-P

Spydermike72
11-02-2009, 06:16 AM
We have run into the same problem with trying to get a membership for the GLBBQA members. It is free to anyone with a Business Tax ID or paperwork from the State, but some of our members (both KCBS and GLBBQA) are not businesses that could really benefit from the savings that you can get from RD. I hope it is worked out soon.

timzcardz
11-02-2009, 06:58 AM
Yes, there has been some confusion regarding this benefit.

I was to RD twice and in between had spoken to the store manager who was going to check with corporate.

Long story short, I have a card, and I don't think tha they did it the right way, but I have to assume that they know their business better than I do. :wink:

Jorge
11-02-2009, 09:40 AM
I'd suggest we leave the tax issue out of the discussion from this point on.

Ashmont
11-02-2009, 09:48 AM
I have a card that we use for all the church dinners. I is great quality and a price that we can have dinner fund raisers and make a decent profit.

Yakfishingfool
11-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Jorge, if I could just add, that when I signed up I told them that I would be paying taxes on all purchases. She said no problem, that way I did not have to produce a tax exempt number of any kind. Scott

Jorge
11-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Mod note: I've done some cleanup on paying taxes. That issue is not relevant to the original intent of this thread.

I've left the post from Yakfishingfool, for those that had been following this, to make sure that his clarification of what he'd done was clear to all.

bbq ron
11-02-2009, 10:41 AM
contacted rd and they said i would need a tax exempt letter from kcbs so i e-mailed them and waiting for a reply will keep you posted
thanks
Ron :-P:-P

Gene01
11-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Hello, if anyone has a problem with a restaurant depot and getting a card, please e-mail me at ggoycochea@kcbs.us, I will handle this for you....

Thanks,

Gene

Gene01
11-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Rd does have on file at corporate a tax letter, tell them to check with corporate and to read their e-mails...

Lakeside Smoker
11-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know how this came about? Was it an idea from the BOD? KCBS office? Either way, I think it's great.

-Mike

Westexbbq
11-02-2009, 11:00 AM
As per Yak, there was some confusion at our local Bohemia RD. I had filled things out and picked up two cards, thinking others could as well. Scott stopped by later and they told him Wes had picked up the cards already. Anywho, he got it sorted out and I went back last weekend and got a new card in my team name. I think they will get it all sorted out in due time according to the front desk and the mgt team. You can get it done with just the number posted already, no need for the follow up certificate as best I can tell..

ique
11-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know how this came about? Was it an idea from the BOD? KCBS office? Either way, I think it's great.

-Mike

Finally that KCBS membership is good for something. :-P :wink:

butt head
11-02-2009, 12:48 PM
I got my rd card through my church mens club. non profit fund raiser:mrgreen:

Gene01
11-02-2009, 01:08 PM

-Mike

This is from the Board of Directors, I have been working wih Rd for 3 months to get this on track, we are stil working the bugs out...... should be a grat asset for our members.

stlgreg
11-02-2009, 01:38 PM
sure will....awesome job Gene!

Merl
11-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Gene is a team player. But Gene has put this together for the BOD despite some internal resistance. Thank you Gene. What a home run!
Merl

Bentley
11-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Great idea.

I proposed the CBBQA do it about a year ago, they are getting the bugs worked out there too.

bbqbull
11-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks to Gene and the other board members who are making this possible.

Smokin Mike
11-02-2009, 04:35 PM
I am sorry, but I don't understand how this works,,

Do you,

A- already have tax papers (and pay the taxes later, like me) ,have the card, and get additional discount with my kcbs membership?

or

B- you can get a RD card using kcbs tax number? no additional discount?

DocStl
11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
You can not use KCBS tax number with your card, if you did they would get everyones tax expempt discount come tax time and they would have to cover the tax bill. It took me about 20 minutes to get my card, few phone calls, etc. I was told I need to bring my tax exempt letter in to be tax exempt, for now just pay the tax. no prob

LindaM
11-02-2009, 07:26 PM
One of our members here in Philly called me from RD. He had the posting printed from the website, they were not aware either, but I told them to look at the global records, they did and a card was issued. I think you just need to give them the correct facts.

smokincracker
11-02-2009, 11:37 PM
I'd suggest we leave the tax issue out of the discussion from this point on.

What he said

Professor Salt
11-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Well done, Gene << That's a KCBS director who's giving value to members.

Hopefully y'all are in an area where RD is located. But still, you get my point. Way to go, Gene Goycochea!

Meat@Slim's
11-03-2009, 04:50 AM
We went in to RD with Business Cards. (As directed by one of our restaurant owner friends.) And, twenty minutes later, had a card on our own. If we had registered with RD online we would have received a discount on our first purchase.

Finney
11-03-2009, 06:50 AM
We went in to RD with Business Cards. (As directed by one of our restaurant owner friends.) And, twenty minutes later, had a card on our own. If we had registered with RD online we would have received a discount on our first purchase.

I forgot to use my coupon. :mad:

mrwicks
11-03-2009, 10:30 AM
I forgot to use my coupon. :mad:

used mine for my brisket slicing knife:-D:-D

HoDeDo
11-03-2009, 03:01 PM
I am sorry, but I don't understand how this works,,

Do you,

A- already have tax papers (and pay the taxes later, like me) ,have the card, and get additional discount with my kcbs membership?

or

B- you can get a RD card using kcbs tax number? no additional discount?

Many competitors do not have thier own businesses. RD normally requires you have proof you are a business entity to shop there. In addition, if you want to buy in true wholesale fashion, sans tax (the assumption being you will charge tax on your sales) you have to provide your Tax ID, or a proof of Tax Exemption (not for profit, for example).

This benefit is for all the folks that fit that mold. Those of us operating a business, can already be members for free. Those that are not business owners cannot. This KCBS program allows everyone to join RD, even if you don't own a business. Should be a great benefit for folks.

There are no additional "discounts" to be had. (outside of the initial purchase coupon from the web)

ModelMaker
11-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Congrats to all of you lucky enough to have a RD nearby. No such luck here.
Any chance a deal could be made with Sams Club??
ModelMaker

billm
11-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Congrats to all of you lucky enough to have a RD nearby. No such luck here.
Any chance a deal could be made with Sams Club??
ModelMaker
Sams Club has a yearly fee..RD does not so
anyone can get a Sams Club membership

RubMeTender
11-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Is restaurant depot much better than Sam's? We dont have one anywhere close that I am aware of.

EatonHoggBBQ
11-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Is restaurant depot much better than Sam's? We dont have one anywhere close that I am aware of.

There's one in Tampa.
810 North 50th Street Tampa, FL 33619 :-D

stlgreg
11-05-2009, 09:32 AM

It depends on the item. For instance over the summer Pork Butt was 1.19 lb at Rest Depot and 1.78 at Sam's.

The soda prices are the same if not 75 cents or so higher at RD. When doing a fundraiser cook i generall shop at both places.

Ashmont
11-05-2009, 10:38 AM
One thing I like about RD is the walking drivin lol coolers. I can inspect the cases of meat and pick one around the weight I want. I like Excel for pork butt but when I ask Sams for a case they always bring out Hillshire farms brand and they are smaller. Cheese and pizza stuff there is a huge Isle.....

ModelMaker
11-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Oh
ModelMaker

SmokeInDaEye
11-17-2009, 08:46 AM
I tried to get a card twice and they told me both times that I need to bring in a business license.

EatonHoggBBQ
11-17-2009, 08:52 AM
I tried to get a card twice and they told me both times that I need to bring in a business license.

Maybe contact Gene and see if he can resolve the problem.

Hello, if anyone has a problem with a restaurant depot and getting a card, please e-mail me at ggoycochea@kcbs.us, I will handle this for you....

Thanks,

Gene

swamprb
11-18-2009, 07:24 AM
**Just a FYI for those KCBS members in the Seattle area**

I brought the Bullsheet with me to RD and a copy is on file at the CS desk. They were not aware of it, but were very happy to give me a membership card. No hassle.

Warthog
11-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Here in New Jersey it took about 10 minutes to obtain the card. I went to the store located in South Plainfield. The staff was very pleasant and willing to offer any help needed.You must supply the number listed on the bullsheet. This the the account number. All cards properly issued will say Kansas City Barbeque not your name. They are all linked to one account. If you have one under your name they did not do it properly. But heck it will still work. I will bring a winter coat next time I go. Walked through the fridge for about 45 minutes, was pretty cool in there. All you BBQers will just love looking at the meat selection. Also found on other products you need not purchase a case, they do sell single items at a slightly higher cost.

butt head
11-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Here in New Jersey it took about 10 minutes to obtain the card. I went to the store located in South Plainfield. The staff was very pleasant and willing to offer any help needed.You must supply the number listed on the bullsheet. This the the account number. All cards properly issued will say Kansas City Barbeque not your name. They are all linked to one account. If you have one under your name they did not do it properly. But heck it will still work. I will bring a winter coat next time I go. Walked through the fridge for about 45 minutes, was pretty cool in there. All you BBQers will just love looking at the meat selection. Also found on other products you need not purchase a case, they do sell single items at a slightly higher cost.
check the doors by the walkins the one by me has jackets hanging their for everyone to use

Ashmont
11-18-2009, 02:33 PM

Yup went there this summer and since I had been there before knew they keep the Walk/ Drive in's at 36 degrees. Wife couldn't understand why in July 100 degrees or so I was looking for my winter coat and hat... She getting better with pics of food kinda.....