dxesmkr
11-16-2003, 08:13 AM
Hello Everybody!
My name is Willy T.
I'm from upstate SC
I'm Electrician by trade.
33yrs old
Married for 8yrs. w/ no kids.

I've been Q'in for about 5yrs.(every weekend if I could)!Started coompeting 4yrs ago and have been hooked since.

I Haven't bought a Bandera as of yet,but its on the wish list.My asenal now consists of two mobile pits,three WSM's,two kettles,and a Bubba's BBQ Oven.

I've been lurking for a few weeks and there is a lot of great info passing through here.Looking forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge and maybe giving some along the way.

Willy T.
http://www.geocities.com/willytsdxesmkrs

BBQchef33
11-16-2003, 09:20 AM
hey Willy!!!! welcome!!! rGeat to have another competition member that can share the experience of the competiiton circuit. We can offer you advice on how to light the hair on your arms on fire, exploding pork butts and new twists on any mod you can think of.

And along with that... theres alot of great cooks too.

notice the chimney mod on solidkicks avatar???

Bill-Chicago
11-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Yeah, Phil lit his farking yard on fire the other day. Forgot that dry leaves have a tendency to burn when you got 2 feet of them around your charcoal chimney.

slat
11-16-2003, 08:33 PM
Good to have another member. I've been here a short time, but I have learned a lot since I joined. Lots of info to be had here.

Solidkick
11-16-2003, 10:08 PM
Yea, the chimney mod was the easiest one!

(Solidkick takes a knee and chants "I'm not worthy") Checked out your website. Awesome cookers and great looking presentations. You may have as much to share with us as you'll take away. Welcome to the club, just a good ol' bunch of Q'n boys and girls that like playin with fire.

chad
11-17-2003, 08:41 AM
Welcome to our nightmare! :D

I NEED one of your mobile pits!!! I'm doing Corninsh Game hens for 250 this weekend and am going to be forced to use ovens (crap!). My ECB just won't handle that much volume :D

Missed out on a couple of competitions here in cenral Florida in October due to family committments -- so I'm hoping to learn something from you guys that DO compete. I'm going to give it another try next year for sure.

Bill-Chicago
11-17-2003, 12:26 PM
You can do the shelf mod to the ECB on both racks. That would give you 4 racks. Then pack those farkers up. Should hold 250 hens easy :)

chad
11-17-2003, 12:29 PM
Should hold 250 hens easy

With enough Wabo it could happen :D

parrothead
11-17-2003, 02:47 PM
Should hold 250 hens easy

Only if you spatchcock them.

dxesmkr
11-17-2003, 05:46 PM
I NEED one of your mobile pits!!! I'm doing Corninsh Game hens for 250 this weekend and am going to be forced to use ovens (crap!). My ECB just won't handle that much volume :D

That's why I picked the WSM over the ECB.The cooking capacity. :D

Come get my mobile pit! The cooker with the vertical will handle that no problem.All I need is a $15,000.00 deposit and you can keep it as long as you want. :D I'll even deliver.

Willy T.

Bill-Chicago
11-17-2003, 08:00 PM
Willy.
You brought something up, and I need to ask.

You put a smiley face after your comment: That's why I picked the WSM over the ECB.The cooking capacity.

Was this a joke?

The capacity on them is approx the same (at least for me.) 2 shelves. one or two items per shelf.

dxesmkr
11-17-2003, 08:12 PM
Hey Bill,
Yeah, I was joking.The two are basically the same size.

Willy T.

chad
11-18-2003, 07:27 AM
(quote) "That's why I picked the WSM over the ECB.The cooking capacity.

Come get my mobile pit! The cooker with the vertical will handle that no problem.All I need is a $15,000.00 deposit and you can keep it as long as you want. I'll even deliver. "(quote from Willy T., above)

Oh, geez, thanks!! I appreciate the offer :D Of course your in SC and I'm in central FL. I like the special deal you're offering -- only $15K deposit -- man, what a deal. Ain't it great the way brethren look out for brethren!! :D

Yeah, I wish I could have three (3) WSM's -- with that huge grill capacity (and yes Bill it's the same as the ECB!!) I could definately cover my needs!!

Between you and your cooker wagon train and Phil and his cooker store showroom backyard ordinary *******s like me don't stand a chance :D ****, you've got more invested in cookers than I have in my HOUSE!