PDA

View Full Version : Guide for Competition BBQ

U2CANQUE
10-14-2009, 08:28 AM
I had previously found a site that had basically a checklist for starting up a BBQ contest from the organizing side of things, and cannot for the life of me find it now. Does anyone have any ideas that may help me out? I am meeting Monday with a group that is interested in having a contest in Cleveland in 2010......and I would like to take that to the meeting to give them an idea of what all is going to be needed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

SteveGrinstead
10-14-2009, 09:24 AM
there is a very good guide on the KCBS website, i believe its in the download section

Steve

goodsmokebbq
10-14-2009, 09:36 AM
I had previously found a site that had basically a checklist for starting up a BBQ contest from the organizing side of things, and cannot for the life of me find it now. Does anyone have any ideas that may help me out? I am meeting Monday with a group that is interested in having a contest in Cleveland in 2010......and I would like to take that to the meeting to give them an idea of what all is going to be needed.

Help them pick a good date. Who knows you might get some NY teams :-P

WannaBeBBQueen
10-14-2009, 09:46 AM
you will definitely get some NY team....that's a promise!!!

The Giggler
10-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Send me a PM with your email address. I've got some good info and notes from my first year.

Also, make a request to Motoeric to join the Organizers Roundtable.

juicybuttsbbq
10-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Hey Rob Just Shoot from the hip, Make it up as you go,,That's what I do,,hahaha,, I'll Send you my logistic sheets and budget sheets from Cruise, Blues & BBQ and Hoosier Daddy

The Pigman
10-14-2009, 10:29 AM
And here i was going around saying He new everything........

See you Friday.

J_Don
10-14-2009, 10:45 AM
I have been trying/looking for the same information. I am trying to do the same here since we do not have a comp here. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Maybe one of the brethren could start a forum on this subject. My email is jdc_jeff@yahoo.com

Divemaster
10-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Help them pick a good date. Who knows you might get some NY teams :-P

you will definitely get some NY team....that's a promise!!!
Maybe even some teams from Chicago!

U2CANQUE
10-14-2009, 01:20 PM
looking at the 3rd weekend in September....did not seem to be a lot in the middle region....working on getting Michael Symon to judge the iron pork extra category.....10 grand in prize money.........and hell, even willing to store a trailer or two for those far eastern teams and get their stuff out to Oink if needed..........grins.......will keep everyone up to date after Mondays meeting........thanks SO much all!!!

motoeric
10-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi,

Go to www.homeofbbq.com, click on 'comp tools' on the navigation bar, click on 'Event Expenses' in the new window and a document should open that was developed by myself and Linda Mullane with a lot of great input from a number of Brethren.

It should give you an overview of what to expect $ wise and have some ideas on possible revenue generators.

There is also a tool there that you can d/l that will help you determine how much of what you should have on hand depending on the # of teams competing.

Eric

beardjp
10-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Rob,
Emailed you some stuff that really helped me with Nelsonville. Jim Ferguson was also a great resource for me last year when I was doing CPR on the Nelsonville Comp. See you this weekend.