PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Alabama

bamasmoker
10-28-2003, 10:19 AM
Great site. I have got to get busy on my mods though. Just looked at the 101 download. I've been smoking for over 20 years on a vertical smoker and for the last few years have been slobbering over the Bandera. I finally got one! Smoiking in AL is easy since most of the summer it is close to smoking temp any way, just add wood. I like bbqing in the winter though so I can slow down the cooking time. I don't think that is going to be a problem with the Bandera, huh?

Happy times on the patio!

Bamasmoker

Bill-Chicago
10-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Where in Bama? Carl is in Tuscaloosa.

This group feeds on DreamLand BBQ sauce originating in Tuscaloosa. Ever try any?

How about Southern Flavor out of Selma. We eat that stuff up too.

Glad to have you aboard.

BBQchef33
10-28-2003, 12:40 PM
Welcome Bama!!! Jump on in..!!!! Water great.. Glad your got Q weather year round.. We just swimmin out the 3 days of rain we had. Us northerners live thru our southern brothers during the winter months... so prepare to feed the masses.

Bill-Chicago
10-28-2003, 12:54 PM
but no chitterlings, please

cabo
10-28-2003, 06:03 PM
but no chitterlings, pleaseWelcome Bama

Bill, that's chitlins, not chitterlings. :)

A guy flies all the way to New York and still can't teach folks nothin'. :lol: :wink:

Oldtimer
10-28-2003, 06:06 PM

A guy flies all the way to New York and still can't teach folks nothin'. :lol: :wink:

I wondered what the hell he was talking about, but I'm in a being nice mod. Got to have them chitlins with tobasco sauce. :lol:

cabo
10-28-2003, 06:09 PM

I wondered what the hell he was talking about, but I'm in a being nice mod.Hey, Somebody call Brian and tell him somebody's using his logon!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Bill-Chicago
10-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Don't you Southern Folk go poking fun at us Northerners just because we speak english.

Chitlins, as you so fondly call them, are the lazy mans way of saying chitterlings. Let me quote you from the good book, the hyperdictionary that is:

CHITTERLINGS
Pronunciation: 'chitlunz

Matching Terms: Chitterling

WordNet Dictionary

Definition: [n] small intestines of hogs prepared as food

Synonyms: chitlings, chitlins

See Also: organs, variety meat

Webster's 1913 Dictionary

Definition: \Chit"ter*lings\, n. pl. [Cf. AS. cwi[thorn] womb,
Icel. kvi[eth], Goth. qi[thorn]us, belly, womb, stomach, G.
kutteln chitterlings.] (Cookery)
The smaller intestines of swine, etc., fried for food.

Now Harry, I could have saved you the air fare. You thought us younguns, especially Yankee younguns, didn't know squat. Well you two, start apologizing (and don't even start it with "Yo College Boy")

david
10-28-2003, 11:22 PM
See Also: organs, variety meat

MMMMMM, variety meat

bamasmoker
10-29-2003, 07:12 AM
Now Harry, I could have saved you the air fare. You thought us younguns, especially Yankee younguns, didn't know squat. Well you two, start apologizing (and don't even start it with "Yo College Boy")

My grandmother used to call them chitterlings too. She was from OH. You Yankees shore do tawk funny!

Where in Bama? Carl is in Tuscaloosa.

This group feeds on DreamLand BBQ sauce originating in Tuscaloosa. Ever try any?

How about Southern Flavor out of Selma. We eat that stuff up too.

Glad to have you aboard.

I'm in Calera, just south of B'ham. We have a Dreamland here and it is good. I haven't tried the one from Selma but it's just down the road (where I was born).

Thanks for the warm welcome. :lol:

Bill-Chicago
10-29-2003, 07:34 AM
You were born in Selma? Well Southern Flavor is a line of seasonings, season salt really, that comes in Red Label (Charbroil) Orange (Cajun) and Yellow (garlic). You'll see tons of references, like Josh and his SF Black Briskets or Phil and So Flav Cajun scallops and such.

Send me a private message (hit the PM button on this post) and give me your address if you want a sample. If you intimidated about leaving an address, thats fine. You'll get use to us pretty soon. Once your comfortable, we have the trading group forum that we have a near monthly exchange of stuff. It's pretty cool.

This is like no group you ever joined before, and you'll have plenty of friends in no time.

Again, welcome.

Oh yeah. If your ever back in Selma, stop at a little Ma and Pa place called Mark's Mart. Grab one of those cardboard bottoms from a case of pop that is sitting piled up next to the door, walk over to the refridgerator and pull out as many Chicken Swirls as you can carry.

Grill, smoke, etc. Sprinkle lemon pepper and Southern Flavor Charbroil on both sides. Its chicken, smoked beef, seasonings, wrapped in bacon with a stick through it. Heaven. I get them flash frozen and shipped up her from a buddy in Selma.

chathorne
10-29-2003, 07:52 AM
Bama
Good To See Some Other Alabama Folks Round Here

t4ell ya this bunch is good group

these uys are pretty informative and they they seem to know how to cook good as well

if you're ever in tuscaloosa give me a call

Bill-Chicago
10-29-2003, 12:01 PM
And give me a call, and I'll meet you there :)

LMAO on that Shore dew tawk funny line

threesticks
11-07-2003, 01:26 PM
Welcome.
My brother went to school at Alabama in Tuscaloosa and after recently attending a football
game there, sent me a bottle of Dreamland BBQ sauce. Unbelievable!

Threesticks (aka Chuck)
Texas

Bill-Chicago
11-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Fall off the face of the earth mod

BigBelly
11-18-2004, 02:24 PM
I kinda feel weird by calling you a "bama"=0

What the hell! Welcome aboard BAMA!

Wow, smoking for 20 years, heh? What have you been smoking on prior to getting your hands on the bandera? Well, enjoy the site. You will find a great bunch of fellas and ladies that all share the same passion for great Q!

Cheers.

CinCity25
11-19-2004, 06:34 AM
Welcome bama.....good to have you here! :)