PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Long Island, NY 10/24-25

MilitantSquatter
10-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Who's gonna be there cooking, judging or hanging out ?

Are there any out of towners coming ? (Andy & Kim don't count - they are NY residents but haven't accepted it yet)

Sledneck
10-07-2009, 11:29 PM
I hope they can get a celebrity to hand out my award

timzcardz
10-08-2009, 07:09 AM
I'll be there cooking again with my team mates Mike, Mike, and Mike.

And it is still frustrating when I ask one of them to do something. Either it gets done three times, or it doesn't get done at all!

MikeR
10-08-2009, 07:15 AM
Oh c'mon now- You couldn't ask for a better bunch of Mikes. Ask me to get ya a beer and I've got it covered.

smknwhlswife
10-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Lol!!!!

Yakfishingfool
10-08-2009, 09:10 AM
I hope Andy and Kim are helping with the taxes now that they are New Yawkers. I'll be with Phil Thursday evening. Scott

early mornin' smokin'
10-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Early Mornin' Smokin' will be there in some capacity saturday, full force sunday

Westexbbq
10-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Westex BBQ is cooking the Battle this year.

Skip
10-08-2009, 09:38 AM

Just leave your apple butter home 'k?

Great to have you on the comp side rather then the Judging side but I fear we'll be down one good and fair judge this year now.

JimDandysNYDan
10-08-2009, 09:39 AM
JimDandy's will be there doing their very FIRST competetion :shock: ( very nervous mod)

trohrs123
10-08-2009, 09:42 AM
T'N'T Dynamite BBQ is in!!

Cue's Your Daddy
10-08-2009, 10:11 AM
JimDandy's will be there doing their very FIRST competetion :shock: ( very nervous mod)

ABout time!!!!!!!!!!!!

barfly
10-08-2009, 11:03 AM
>Westex BBQ is cooking the Battle this year.

JimDandy's will be there doing their very FIRST competetion ( very nervous mod)<

who's bringing the stellas???

eenie meenie miney moe....

BigBarry
10-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Team BigBarryQ will be there!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

goodsmokebbq
10-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Good Smoke is in...

drumfreak
10-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Smokehouse Rules previously known as Bayside Buttheads is back in action and looking forward to having some fun after a 2 year hiatus!! Are we doing any potluck meals on Saturday?

Yakfishingfool
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Man, this is going to be a battle. there seems to be a bit less smack talk and the undertone is kind of serious/competitive. This is going to be a big one. Can't wait!!!

MattCom
10-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Out of the Ashes and into the fire will be there taking up space.

Did someone say FIRE?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

BBQPETE
10-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Does anybody know if there room for another team

SmokeInDaEye
10-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't miss it for the world. Gonna try to sweet talk one of these Food Network crews tomorrow night in to coming with me.

May come out late Friday but probably early Saturday.

HoDeDo
10-08-2009, 06:24 PM
spider pig.... spider pig... I'm thinkin a food network SPLAT is in order from the SoW East contingent....

Frank Sacco
10-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Application mailed in late: Check
Make a gilling menu with Bob for Saturday: Check
Make arrangements to pick up the green horsey trailer.... :biggrin:

Westexbbq
10-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Man, this is going to be a battle. there seems to be a bit less smack talk and the undertone is kind of serious/competitive. This is going to be a big one. Can't wait!!!

Not to worry my my friend,
we're just warming up.
Hail, it's only 10/8.
W

biggs98
10-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Chubby Hubby BBQ will be in the house!!!! Can't wait. The Egg and UDS will be in full effect!!!

Muzzlebrake
10-08-2009, 10:45 PM

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK

there, I got the smack talk going

MAsQue
10-08-2009, 11:41 PM
We're there...with a shared 13th place chicken at Williepalooza already under our belt, we're hoping to take the second leg of the 13th place chicken bi-fecta for 2009. Facing strong competition from Wes, though.

motoeric
10-08-2009, 11:52 PM
We're there...with a shared 13th place chicken at Williepalooza already under our belt, we're hoping to take the second leg of the 13th place chicken bi-fecta for 2009. Facing strong competition from Wes, though.

Wow, well good luck. That would be no poultry feet. Hah! Get it? See what I did there?

(jokes like those and many more will be available for no charge at the 2009 Battle of the BBQ Brethren)

Eric

NorthwestBBQ
10-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Mike, Mike, and Mike is cool with me! :-D

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
10-09-2009, 05:18 AM
Smoker's Lounge will be there, can't wait to see everyone!

timzcardz
10-09-2009, 05:53 AM
Mike, Mike, and Mike is cool with me! :-D

So then, are you flying in to join The Grim Reaper Smokers for this prestigous event?

I AM predicting a Grim Reaper Smokers win this year!

Cue's Your Daddy
10-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Hey Eric,
Just wondering if you recieved my PM in regards to the Large spot.

Paul

MikeR
10-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Bump.

Meat@Slim's
10-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Meat at Slim's will be there. We cannot wait!

motoeric
10-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Just a bit of a warning. I'm seriously thinking about jumping up on stage when the GC is announced and pulling a Kanye.

'Grim Reaper Smokers brisket was the best brisket of the year.' or something along those lines.

I think it'll go over well.

Eric

MikeR
10-11-2009, 06:54 AM
Hey- that works for me- Tim and I thank you for the shameless plug, but Tim will be the one your grabbing the mic from.

tgellert
10-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Hey everyone!

Looking forward to being on the 'competition side' @ Sayville this year after judging last year's competition. Let's all do our best "good weather" dance in preparation for this year's event. When my BBQ partner John and I arrived last year (on Sunday morning) the competition area looked something like Hurricane Katrina! Good luck to everyone!

Tom Gellert, Ed-'Que-Cators BBQ :-P
Northport, NY

Checkout our mention in the feature story at cnn.com:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/07/01/barbecue.competition.teams/index.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Backwoods Party
WSM
Big Smokey Grill

1st Place - 2009 Hudson Valley RibFest - "Chef's Choice"
3rd Place Overall - 2009 Hudson Valley RibFest - Grilling
5th Place - 2009 Hudson Valley RibFest - Dessert
8th Place - 2009 Hudson Valley RibFest - Beef Steak
10th Place - 2009 Hudson Valley RibFest - Chicken

SmokeInDaEye
10-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Hey everyone!

Looking forward to being on the 'competition side' @ Sayville this year after judging last year's competition. Let's all do our best "good weather" dance in preparation for this year's event. When my BBQ partner John and I arrived last year (on Sunday morning) the competition area looked something like Hurricane Katrina! Good luck to everyone!

Tom Gellert, Ed-'Que-Cators BBQ :-P
Northport, NY

Checkout our mention in the feature story at cnn.com:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/07/01/barbecue.competition.teams/index.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Backwoods Party
WSM
Big Smokey Grill

1st Place - 2009 Hudson Valley RibFest - "Chef's Choice"
3rd Place Overall - 2009 Hudson Valley RibFest - Grilling
5th Place - 2009 Hudson Valley RibFest - Dessert
8th Place - 2009 Hudson Valley RibFest - Beef Steak
10th Place - 2009 Hudson Valley RibFest - Chicken

First of all, I love the link in your signature. The guy in the picture looks very familiar.:oops: I am actually hoping for rain again since it seems to have treated me alright last year and it helps control the fires my neighbors may trfy to set in the grass.

I may have a large crew with me depending on what these food network folks want but am looking forward to hanging out and losing to tim, phil, que's your daddy, smoke on wheels east, etc. And Vinny will be making his first appearance ever in Sayville!!!

smknwhlswife
10-11-2009, 10:12 AM
First of all, I love the link in your signature. The guy in the picture looks very familiar.:oops: I am actually hoping for rain again since it seems to have treated me alright last year and it helps control the fires my neighbors may trfy to set in the grass.

I may have a large crew with me depending on what these food network folks want but am looking forward to hanging out and losing to tim, phil, que's your daddy, smoke on wheels east, etc. And Vinny will be making his first appearance ever in Sayville!!!

You know that we would LOVE to see you win again! We debated even cooking this one or just coming and hanging out. But we decided to cook it, why not.:biggrin:

I am hoping for at least a "little warm" weather. Here in KC we are already dealing with 40s as a high. All I know is that I get to sleep in a nice warm camper!!!! :wink::mrgreen: Thanks Swamp Pit!!

SmokeInDaEye
10-11-2009, 10:23 AM
You know that we would LOVE to see you win again! We debated even cooking this one or just coming and hanging out. But we decided to cook it, why not.:biggrin:

I am hoping for at least a "little warm" weather. Here in KC we are already dealing with 40s as a high. All I know is that I get to sleep in a nice warm camper!!!! :wink::mrgreen: Thanks Swamp Pit!!

When are you all arriving? Is everyone coming out to the site Friday? All you all gotta do is cook and win the Empire State Cup so I can film it. Don't beat up on us too bad! :)

MikeR
10-13-2009, 08:35 AM
OK- we're getting closer- who else is in?

Westexbbq
10-13-2009, 09:34 AM

I am also very pleased and highly honored to announce that the one and only Mineola Fred will be joining me to help and assist along with my son Morgan, (and perhaps another player to be named later.)

"I'll get by with a little help from my friends........."

SmokeInDaEye
10-13-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm planning on spending Saturday getting ready since I haven't really been home all month. Hopefully the trailer isn't too messy from New Holland.

HoDeDo
10-13-2009, 08:24 PM
We fly in on friday night, Laura Z. is picking us up from the airport! i don't know what our plans our yet, Sean and I have to do some final logistics... But we can't wait to get out there... we are doing our weather dance starting now :)

Frank Sacco
10-13-2009, 08:39 PM
We fly in on friday night, Laura Z. is picking us up from the airport! i don't know what our plans our yet, Sean and I have to do some final logistics... But we can't wait to get out there... we are doing our weather dance starting now :)

Keep dancing Andy, keep dancing... I checked accuweather today. It's not looking to promising. It's looking like we'll be around freezing point in the evening. Bring some thermal underwear and a warm coat.

HoDeDo
10-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Keep dancing Andy, keep dancing... I checked accuweather today. It's not looking to promising. It's looking like we'll be around freezing point in the evening. Bring some thermal underwear and a warm coat.

On the list... polar swine early this year. :twisted:

SmokeInDaEye
10-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Don't forget tequila. My chicken guy loves tequila.

Jacked UP BBQ
10-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Where is the closest hotel??

JimDandysNYDan
10-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Where is the closest hotel??

Holiday Inn....4 miles away.....Eric posted the info in the other thread I think with a speacial code for a discounted rate.

Dan

motoeric
10-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Accommodations:
Looking to stay over night? The Holiday Inn at Islip Macarthur Airport is convenient, clean and reasonably priced. They have plentiful parking and are situated between the Long Island Expressway and Sunrise Highway. The Sayville Fall Festival has arranged for discounted rooms for our visitors. Use code BV6 when making your reservations and you will receive your choice of a single or a double for $99.00
3845 VETERANS MEMORIAL HIGHWAY
RONKONKOMA, NY 11779
UNITED STATES
Hotel Front Desk: 1-631-585 9500

There are closer hotels, but they are sort of 'pay by the hour' if you get my drift.

Eric

Meat@Slim's
10-15-2009, 05:22 AM
What is the team count up to? I know you want 50. That would be amazing.

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
10-15-2009, 05:57 AM
What is the team count up to? I know you want 50. That would be amazing.

Eric posted a (tentative?) team list in the Contest Announcement thread last night. Looks like about 44 teams right now.

early mornin' smokin'
10-15-2009, 07:03 AM
woo hoo...44 confirmed teams....idk about you guys but im starting to get pretty pumped for next weekend!!!!

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
10-15-2009, 07:46 AM
woo hoo...44 confirmed teams....idk about you guys but im starting to get pretty pumped for next weekend!!!!

I hear you, SO pumped!

MikeR
10-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Can almost smell the food now....

Skip
10-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Can almost smell the food now....

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Not yet. I have another couple of days before I have to smell that. lol

Jacked UP BBQ
10-15-2009, 08:14 AM
I love pay by the hour hotels!!!!!

Skip
10-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Especially at BBQ contest where a 4 hour short stay is perfect. lol

MikeR
10-15-2009, 08:41 AM
4 hours- I'm impressed.

Skip
10-15-2009, 03:49 PM
4 hours- I'm impressed.

Thank you I lie well and take long showers

HoDeDo
10-15-2009, 06:25 PM
interesting.... very interesting..... taking notes...

Dean A
10-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey all ----Me and my wife are new to competitions--- and recently met some really nice and helpful brethren members like the swamp pit crew ,and meat at slims guys , (just to name a few) at my first comp at Westport CT. ( didnt do to bad for rookie, as some of you know who where there ) we just made up our minds today and as of now im sending in my application tomorrow morning -so i guess you can make that 45 teams----( i just spoke to eric today and it sounds like it might hit 50 teams) hope to meet some of you there and make some new friends Dean A and Marie A DEANS 911 RES-Q-CREW Newburgh, NY ----------New Brethren member .

Sledneck
10-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey all ----Me and my wife are new to competitions--- and recently met some really nice and helpful brethren members like the swamp pit crew ,and meat at slims guys , (just to name a few) at my first comp at Westport CT. ( didnt do to bad for rookie, as some of you know who where there ) we just made up our minds today and as of now im sending in my application tomorrow morning -so i guess you can make that 45 teams----( i just spoke to eric today and it sounds like it might hit 50 teams) hope to meet some of you there and make some new friends Dean A and Marie A DEANS 911 RES-Q-CREW Newburgh, NY ----------New Brethren member .Great job you guys did at your very first comp. Hopefully nobody will stumble in to your cooker during the wee hours of the night like at westport:rolleyes::biggrin:

motoeric
10-15-2009, 10:27 PM
I'll be making fatties and armadillo eggs for the Pot Luck on Friday.

Is anyone compiling a list of who is in and what they are making?

Eric

trohrs123
10-16-2009, 05:38 AM
I'll be making fatties and armadillo eggs for the Pot Luck on Friday.

Is anyone compiling a list of who is in and what they are making?

Eric

We are making a tray of Chicken enchiladas

Meat@Slim's
10-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Hey all ----Me and my wife are new to competitions--- and recently met some really nice and helpful brethren members like the swamp pit crew ,and meat at slims guys , (just to name a few) at my first comp at Westport CT. ( didnt do to bad for rookie, as some of you know who where there ) we just made up our minds today and as of now im sending in my application tomorrow morning -so i guess you can make that 45 teams----( i just spoke to eric today and it sounds like it might hit 50 teams) hope to meet some of you there and make some new friends Dean A and Marie A DEANS 911 RES-Q-CREW Newburgh, NY ----------New Brethren member .
Dean, Great that you are coming out! If your hooked you might as well jump in with both feet. Looking forward.

SmokeInDaEye
10-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Thank you I lie well and take long showers

I slept 7 hours at the American Royal invitational.

Granted I set my alarm wrong and should have been up at 5 instead of 7 but it still counts and the meat got cooked!:biggrin:

Skip
10-16-2009, 10:11 AM
I slept 7 hours at the American Royal invitational.

Granted I set my alarm wrong and should have been up at 5 instead of 7 but it still counts and the meat got cooked!:biggrin:

Nice having a doctor of BBQ on your team huh.

SmokeInDaEye
10-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Nice having a doctor of BBQ on your team huh.

Ray slept until 8 but he did make a mean breakfast.

Skip
10-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Ray slept until 8 but he did make a mean breakfast.

Wow what did you do boil the ribs?!?! :shock::shock::shock:

Jacked UP BBQ
10-16-2009, 10:31 AM
I'll take some of those girls from that hair salon down the corner to the short stay. Did you fellas walk by there last year? If not make sure you go by this year, there are some serious sights over there.

Jacked UP BBQ
10-16-2009, 10:33 AM
I'll be making pot brownies for the pot luck dinner

SmokeInDaEye
10-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Wow what did you do boil the ribs?!?! :shock::shock::shock:

It was awesome. I looked at my watch, jumped up off the floor of Ray's trailer and one contact popped out of my eye. Luckily I had the WSM loaded with wood and charcoal the night before and I lit two fire starters and threw them in the middle of the fuel.

I let the fire rage for about 5 minutes while I rubbed the ribs, threw them on to cook and I only ended up about 20 minutes behind schedule. Cranked the heat up a bit higher than normal and got em done with time to spare while only being able to see out of one eye.

SmokeInDaEye
10-16-2009, 02:10 PM
I don't think I will make it for the pot luck Friday but will either get there around 9 Friday night or early Saturday morning depending on the weather forecast.

SmokeInDaEye
10-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know if the Johnsonville Brat grill will be selling food and what other "venders" will be on hand?

Also, I am bringing a nice bottle of Gentleman Jack so we can toast to Sled, Chris, Steve, Bobo, and the other locals who are cooking down South next weekend.

Skip
10-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know if the Johnsonville Brat grill will be selling food and what other "venders" will be on hand?

Also, I am bringing a nice bottle of Gentleman Jack so we can toast to Sled, Chris, Steve, Bobo, and the other locals who are cooking down South next weekend.

I'm pretty sure that sales is the reason that grill comes out or doesn't. I was under the impression it doesn't come out unless 10K are expected at the event.

A bottle of Gentleman? Mmmm hope I am close to your site. Trade you tequila shots!

Westexbbq
10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Per the sayville fall festival website

FOOD VENDORS

Looking for some true, low and slow BBQ? Premier BBQ vendor and competition team OC Pig Assassins will be on hand with their delicious pulled pork, ribs, chicken and brisket.

Johnsonville is bringing the Big Taste Grill to the Sayville Fall Festival.

http://www.sayvillefallfestival.com/images/grilltruck.jpg
Ever have a hankering for a bratwurst? What about a brat cooked on the worlds largest grill? Well, we have you covered! This amazing grill is 65' long and 20' high. After feeding hungry fans at the Superbowl, the Kentucky Derby and various NASCAR events, the Big Taste Grill is going to make sure that you don't leave Sayville hungry.

Word has it the man manning the grill might be some sort of local celebrity;
at least that's the rumor I heard.....

Dean A
10-16-2009, 03:34 PM
hey all ---i know your all looking for a count for pot luck-- sorry ---count me out for now----- i would love to make it but i would be realllly pushing it to get there Fri night ( plus the traffic is horrible on friday nights getting from Orange Co into BX and out to the island for me,---especially with trailer) - ill be there sat morning around 8am --------- Does anyone know if where doing a dinner sat night and breakfast sun morning ??? and is it pot luck too? Dean

SmokeInDaEye
10-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Per the sayville fall festival website

FOOD VENDORS

Looking for some true, low and slow BBQ? Premier BBQ vendor and competition team OC Pig Assassins will be on hand with their delicious pulled pork, ribs, chicken and brisket.

Johnsonville is bringing the Big Taste Grill to the Sayville Fall Festival.

http://www.sayvillefallfestival.com/images/grilltruck.jpg
Ever have a hankering for a bratwurst? What about a brat cooked on the worlds largest grill? Well, we have you covered! This amazing grill is 65' long and 20' high. After feeding hungry fans at the Superbowl, the Kentucky Derby and various NASCAR events, the Big Taste Grill is going to make sure that you don't leave Sayville hungry.

Word has it the man manning the grill might be some sort of local celebrity;
at least that's the rumor I heard.....

Cool. If anyone knows how to get in touch with the Johnsonville folks or the grill master let me know. I have this idea that is sort of a companion piece to my video The World's Smallest Bacon Explosion on the World's Smallest Grill.

motoeric
10-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Dean,

There will be a team dinner Saturday and breakfast Sunday provided by the Chamber. Nothing fancy, probably pizza and pasta.

Eric

hey all ---i know your all looking for a count for pot luck-- sorry ---count me out for now----- i would love to make it but i would be realllly pushing it to get there Fri night ( plus the traffic is horrible on friday nights getting from Orange Co into BX and out to the island for me,---especially with trailer) - ill be there sat morning around 8am --------- Does anyone know if where doing a dinner sat night and breakfast sun morning ??? and is it pot luck too? Dean

Sledneck
10-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Dean,

There will be a team dinner Saturday and breakfast Sunday provided by the Chamber. Nothing fancy, probably pizza and pasta.

Eric
Pizza and pasta for breakfast sounds delish

Skip
10-16-2009, 04:08 PM
I hope they go back to the egg sandwiches this year.

early mornin' smokin'
10-16-2009, 04:11 PM
dont knock pizza and pasta till ya tried it

Skip
10-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Umm he's from NY. I'm pretty sure he's tried it. :tongue::tongue::tongue:

In fact I would bet he calls it a pizza pie too! :lol::lol::lol:

MikeR
10-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Pizza and pasta for breakfast sounds delish
Too bad you won't be able to enjoy it with us.

BBQchef33
10-16-2009, 07:40 PM
there will be a buffet breakfast Sunday. No pizza and pasta.. thats Saturday night.

SmokeInDaEye
10-16-2009, 10:27 PM
there will be a buffet breakfast Sunday. No pizza and pasta.. thats Saturday night.

I am aware that Motoeric doesn't respond directly to me but if anyone can help out with a concept for a video featuring the cooking of worlds largest xxxxxxx, I'd love that. Getting info for the food network shoot last week was much easier than getting info from the illuminati. :biggrin:

Westexbbq
10-16-2009, 10:38 PM
For those folks still looking for pizza and pasta for breakfast,
there's nothing better somedays than a little frito pie,
(if there's any leftover.)

Actually, you can't beat migas in the morning.

Smoker'sLoungeBBQ
10-17-2009, 05:45 AM
Weather update: Apparently all the rain expected for Saturday day and night has been moved up to "a couple of showers" on Friday night, clear the rest of the weekend!

Frank Sacco
10-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Friday, Oct 23
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/07.gif
High: 64 °F RealFeel®: 60 °F
Considerable cloudiness with a shower

Friday Night, Oct 23
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/12.gif
Low: 49 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
Cloudy most of the time with a couple of showers

Forecast Details (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&zipcode=11772&metric=0&fday=7) | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&zipcode=11772&metric=0&fday=7) | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-accupop.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&zipcode=11772&metric=0)
Saturday, Oct 24
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/07.gif
High: 63 °F RealFeel®: 61 °F
A passing shower in the morning; otherwise, considerable cloudiness

Saturday Night, Oct 24
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/38.gif
Low: 38 °F RealFeel®: 29 °F
Mostly cloudy

Forecast Details (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&zipcode=11772&metric=0&fday=8) | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&zipcode=11772&metric=0&fday=8) | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-accupop.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&zipcode=11772&metric=0)

Sunday, Oct 25
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/04.gif
High: 57 °F RealFeel®: 51 °F
Times of clouds and sun

Sunday Night, Oct 25
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/35.gif
Low: 43 °F RealFeel®: 35 °F
Partly cloudy

SmokeInDaEye
10-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Is anyone planning on bringing a coffee pot? I have some smoked coffee beans I was thinking of grinding and letting people try Saturday or Sunday morning.

Also, is there a list of competitors for the grilling contest?

BBQchef33
10-17-2009, 09:35 AM
I always have a coffee maker in the trailer. You can use that. Need the beans already ground though(no grinder).

Frank Sacco
10-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Is anyone planning on bringing a coffee pot? I have some smoked coffee beans I was thinking of grinding and letting people try Saturday or Sunday morning.

Also, is there a list of competitors for the grilling contest?

:mrgreen::mrgreen: Trying to figure out your fate?? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

SmokeInDaEye
10-17-2009, 02:00 PM
:mrgreen::mrgreen: Trying to figure out your fate?? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Ha! Nope, just interested. I have conceded victory to the returning champ and am not competing.

I have just been too busy to even think about what to cook and I didn't personally care for the onsite judging last year.

I am, however, available to assist any team competing in the grilling contest.:twisted:

Frank Sacco
10-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Ha! Nope, just interested. I have conceded victory to the returning champ and am not competing.

I have just been too busy to even think about what to cook and I didn't personally care for the onsite judging last year.

I am, however, available to assist any team competing in the grilling contest.:twisted:

I for sure thought you'd be in it to win it. You've been very successful in the grilling comps.

I for one am a fan of the onsite judging. The interaction between judges and competetor is what attracts me. You have a chance to explain the dish or food prepared. You have the time to put that personal touch to the plate that you don't ordinarily have with a styrofoam box. But what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander.

Best of luck this upcoming weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing all the Brethren in attendace.

Yakfishingfool
10-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Wes, whats a miga? I make something for breakfast called a magita...fresh fried corn chips, salsa and an egg or three...one pot meal. Scott

motoeric
10-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Unless I'm missing something from earlier in the thread, so far for the pot-luck we have:

Chicken Enchiladas
Armadillo Eggs
Fatty

Anyone else?

Eric

biggs98
10-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Any word on a list of the teams for the Grilling portion???

SmokeInDaEye
10-18-2009, 01:15 PM
The following are not questions, just fun statements:

I just found a bottle of moonshine when sorting through the basement so anyone who wants a nip, stop by Saturday night. Just don't knock over your cookers afterwards.

Also, if anyone competing in the grilling contest doesn't mind having me hang out for judging, I need to shoot some video for a competition cooking thing I'm working on for someone.

BarkBurners
10-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Can someone refresh my memory on the allowable Garnishes we can use.

smknwhlswife
10-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Don't think we will be bringing anything to the potluck. Our plane doesn't get in til 6 something. I think.

Jacked UP BBQ
10-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Ill order some pizzas if I am there in time!

BBQchef33
10-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Can someone refresh my memory on the allowable Garnishes we can use.

grilling is open garnish.

For KCBS this is taken form the rulebook (http://www.kcbs.us/pdf/KCBS_Rules_and_Regulations_2009.pdf).

12) Garnish is optional. If used, it is limited to chopped,
sliced, shredded or whole leaves of fresh green lettuce,
curly parsley, flat leaf parsley and/or cilantro. Kale, endive,
red tipped lettuce, lettuce cores and other vegetation are
prohibited. Improper garnish shall receive a score of one (1)
on Appearance.
13) Sauce is optional. If used, it shall be applied directly to
the meat and not be pooled or puddled in the container. No
side sauce containers will be permitted in the turn-in
container. Chunky sauce will be allowed. Chunks are to be
no larger than a fine dice, approximately 1/8 inch cubed.
Sauce violations shall receive a score of one (1) on
Appearance.

SmokeInDaEye
10-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Don't think we will be bringing anything to the potluck. Our plane doesn't get in til 6 something. I think.

6 something on Sunday if my bribe works out...

BarkBurners
10-18-2009, 06:49 PM
thanks, I was wondering for Sunday a list of garnishes.

Eric we will have either a jambalaya or pot of Chile for Fri night

BarkBurners
10-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Pig assassins alright, the BarkBurners are back

BBQchef33
10-18-2009, 07:07 PM
im doing hot wings for potluck.

Cue's Your Daddy
10-18-2009, 07:50 PM
hey phil, i cant find it but you said there will be someone selling big green egg lump and wicked. is that still the case and how much is a bag.

Sledneck
10-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Ill order some pizzas if I am there in time!Would you like me to give you directions again this year?:tongue:

Jacked UP BBQ
10-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Would you like me to give you directions again this year?:tongue:

Please! I can't believe you are so big time you are not going to be there this year.

BBQchef33
10-19-2009, 10:02 AM
hey phil, i cant find it but you said there will be someone selling big green egg lump and wicked. is that still the case and how much is a bag.

yeah, Eric(From Vitale) is bringing a supply down. Makes its easier on us not to transport.

No clue what the prices are. Send uncle Eggy a note.

HoDeDo
10-19-2009, 10:51 AM
6 something on Sunday if my bribe works out...

We hit LGA @ 7:15 Eastern, so I would imagine we will be there around 8:30, after a store run.

early mornin' smokin'
10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
just so you know hodedo, if you are landing at lga at 715, you wont be in sayvile til about 10pm

HoDeDo
10-19-2009, 11:03 AM
just so you know hodedo, if you are landing at lga at 715, you wont be in sayvile til about 10pm

Yea, I guess Friday evening traffic is worse than the other times I've come in. And we will be at the airport @ 6am on Monday morning...

See everyone at 10pm then :) Guess that means Sean will have a lap or two on me for the Bushmills run.

timzcardz
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Saturday, Oct 24
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/18.gif
High: 57 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
Windy with rain

WOOOOOOHooooooo!

Wind and Rain! I wouldn't want it anyother way!

Westexbbq
10-19-2009, 12:13 PM
I prefer a different forecast, thank you very much.

As far as Friday pot-luck goes, my focus Friday eve is to get the basics set up and then come back Saturday for all the fun and frolic.
Most likely can bring some Frito Pie though to add to the mix.

Have a good flight Andy and Kim.

early mornin' smokin'
10-19-2009, 12:34 PM
windy and rainy, as long as it's not the farking monsoon we had last year!!! well, we'll be there either way.

timzcardz
10-19-2009, 12:35 PM
I prefer a different forecast, thank you very much.

As far as Friday pot-luck goes, my focus Friday eve is to get the basics set up and then come back Saturday for all the fun and frolic.
Most likely can bring some Frito Pie though to add to the mix.

Have a good flight Andy and Kim.

Hey, I don't make this stuff up. It does bring back ?fond? memories of last year's monsoon though!

Right now, my son wants nothing to do with pot luck, and being that Friday is his birthday, we will probably be out there setting up but may not be in on the pot luck.

JimDandysNYDan
10-19-2009, 12:37 PM
What time are we allowed into the park on Friday to set up?

timzcardz
10-19-2009, 12:44 PM
What time are we allowed into the park on Friday to set up?

From the application document:

Entrance to the Grounds

Teams can arrive no earlier than 5:00 pm on Friday Oct. 23 without prior arrangement. Sites will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you have any special requests, please make them ahead of time and we will see what we can do. We will make every effort to accommodate you. The tentative start time for electric and water hook-ups is 5:00 pm

JimDandysNYDan
10-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks....My brain is in overload mod.

SmokeInDaEye
10-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Hey, I don't make this stuff up. It does bring back ?fond? memories of last year's monsoon though!

Right now, my son wants nothing to do with pot luck, and being that Friday is his birthday, we will probably be out there setting up but may not be in on the pot luck.

Ah the memories. Canopy collapsing from the water and drenching my entire site. I think the smokers had about 4 inches of water in them Sunday morning.

biggs98
10-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Saturday, Oct 24
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/18.gif
High: 57 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
Windy with rain

WOOOOOOHooooooo!

Wind and Rain! I wouldn't want it anyother way!

Why does it not surprise me that this forecast comes from someone with the name Grim Reaper!!!!!

timzcardz
10-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Why does it not surprise me that this forecast comes from someone with the name Grim Reaper!!!!!

That's Accuweather, so don't blame the messenger.

My forcast is as follows:

Satruday, Oct 24
http://www.cal-lector.com/Brethren/Shorts.jpg
TimzFeel®: Shorts weather

BBQ Bandit
10-19-2009, 02:07 PM
That's Accuweather, so don't blame the messenger.

My forcast is as follows:

Satruday, Oct 24
http://www.cal-lector.com/Brethren/Shorts.jpg
TimzFeel®: Shorts weather

Tempting... Feel Timz shorts... don't tease.

UNCLE EGGY
10-19-2009, 08:52 PM
You know I'll be there with eggs on

BBQchef33
10-19-2009, 09:20 PM
You know I'll be there with eggs on

eric.... folks were asking about the lump charcoal prices.

??

motoeric
10-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Ok, I made 12 good sized armadillo eggs. They are sitting in the freezer waiting for the potluck. I'll probably make some ABT's and I'm thinking about a smoked turkey with jalapeno/sausage cornbread stuffing. Eric

Cue's Your Daddy
10-20-2009, 06:13 AM
The prices are $17 for the BGE and $21 for the wicked good. I assume they are the 20lb bags. Eggy hit me yesterday. Sorry for not posting.

JimDandysNYDan
10-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Put us down for Chicken Francese for the potluck...

drumfreak
10-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Is potluck on Friday or Sat night?

BBQchef33
10-20-2009, 09:55 AM
potluck is friday.

weather looks GREAT!!! :icon_sleepy

Jacked UP BBQ
10-20-2009, 10:06 AM
^^^^^^thats what I'm talking about^^^^^^^^^^

WannaBeBBQueen
10-20-2009, 10:16 AM
We're in for the potluck just haven't decided what I'm making...

WannaBeBBQueen
10-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Is potluck on Friday or Sat night?
Friday:biggrin:

smknwhlswife
10-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Someone better be doing a better "go away rain dance"!!!!!

Westexbbq
10-20-2009, 12:09 PM

I'm workin' it!

JimDandysNYDan
10-20-2009, 12:13 PM

I hear that....I have no room to pac my snorkel and flippers.

early mornin' smokin'
10-20-2009, 01:04 PM
i dont think it could possibly be as bad as last year. Weathers looking up, sunday's sunny...windy rainy saturday....bring your waders!!

SmokeInDaEye
10-20-2009, 01:11 PM
i dont think it could possibly be as bad as last year. Weathers looking up, sunday's sunny...windy rainy saturday....bring your waders!!

I just came across some pictures from two years ago. Almost everyone was in shorts. Wouldn't that be nice?

early mornin' smokin'
10-20-2009, 01:21 PM
^^^^you've got the hooch for shorts!!! That stuff will keep you warm all day long!!!^^^^

MrsBigBarry
10-20-2009, 01:21 PM
I heard last night about a chemical that Russia wants to use to prevent snow from falling in certain areas. Maybe we can find one to dry the rain before it hits about 7' off the ground in the park. :?::eusa_clap

Last year we had our rain gear in the car to keep our site less cluttered...guess who got drenched going to the car to get the rain gear. :cry:

Dean A
10-20-2009, 02:04 PM
besides lump charcoal is there gonna be a ice trailer ( not like what you come with will really melt much in 45-55 degree weather!) and how much $$$???

motoeric
10-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Ice will either be on site or will be delivered to the site.

Eric

biggs98
10-20-2009, 04:24 PM
I'll be in shorts no matter what!!!!