PDA

View Full Version : Howdy all!

chromesporty
10-21-2003, 01:26 PM
I live in Rockwall, Tx and I've been smokin' for close to 20 years now. Just bought my first Bandera 3 mo. ago. Been cookin' on Brinkmanns all those years.

Lookin' for a good trailer mounted smoker to start doin' a few competitions. Haven't had any luck finding one in my price range so I've 'bout decided to build my own. If I take that route I'll keep ya'll posted.

My bio...45 years old and a '87 grad of Texas A&M. Born and raised in Kaufman, Tx. Married 20 years with no kiddo's.

Larry

Oldtimer
10-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Hey Larry,

Nice to see another Texan on the board. Browse around and don't hesistate to ask questions. I will wait awhile before I start on A&M jokes. :mrgreen:

BBQchef33
10-21-2003, 02:07 PM
hey Larry!!!! Welcome to our humble abode!!! Lots of info and peoples here to tap...... we aint a manual, this groups more than that... ...... heres where we hangout, talk Q... but also yap bout all other stuff that goes on while the smokers cooking..... Welcome to our backyard BBQ. !!!! Grab a beer and enjoy the site!!

I started on a Brinkman all-in-one 15+ years ago.. got a Hondo, a bandera, couple webers, Klose BYC and some other stuff.

You may be interested in the Bandera 101 document in our files section. Think its in General info, or Bandera Mods. Not sure. Let me know if ya cant find it and I'll email it to ya.

Welcome aboard. !!

BTW.. you borrow that shirt from Greg??(Parrothead)

parrothead
10-21-2003, 03:16 PM
BTW.. you borrow that shirt from Greg??(Parrothead)

I was gonna say that shirt looks awfully familiar.

Welcome aboard Larry. You've got great taste in shirts.

chromesporty
10-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome...no need to wait for the aggie jokes, I luv 'em. I catch quite a bit of ribbin' for my taste in colorful shirts. Like I always say, "If'n ya can't stand up, at least stand out!"

Later guys,

Larry

Wayne
10-22-2003, 03:25 PM
I served with a lot of fine A&M officers in the army. They all ranked up there with the very best. Welcome to the party.

Bill-Chicago
10-22-2003, 06:58 PM
If you ever come to a Bash, you are NOT in charge of building a bon fire. That's Colts job

tommykendall
10-23-2003, 06:33 AM
If you ever come to a Bash, you are NOT in charge of building a bon fire. That's Colts job

Maybe Larry can be in charge of letting the fire go out, then Colt can spark it back up. :wink:

Larry - welcome to the site.