PDA

View Full Version : Todd from up North

midnight
10-20-2003, 08:12 AM
Hey all! I live in a small town in South Dakota ( land of NO bbq.) I have been smoke cooking for about 13 years now. Started on a WSM that I still use today. In addition to my WSM I also have a Cook shack electric, a home made horizontal offset, brinkman water smoker, little chief cold smoker, and of course my Bandera.
I never even heard of a Bandera until one day as I was walking into Wal-mart and they had a bunch of grills set outside that were on close out. Mixed in with them was one Bandera, They never had one in the store before so I don't know where it came from, or how much the regular price was on it. I bought it for $140.00 and Its my favorite smoker now.

I am working on getting a trailer mounted smoker so I can start my own cattering business. When I am not bbqing I spend my time hunting, fishing, and camping.

I hope to start competing in BBQ competitions next spring, I judged at the Minnesota state BBQ cook off last May.

parrothead
10-20-2003, 08:26 AM
Welcome aboard Todd.

chad
10-20-2003, 09:18 AM
Howdy! Welcome to the group.

Oldtimer
10-20-2003, 09:27 AM
So how is the Buffalo ?

Bill-Chicago
10-20-2003, 12:08 PM
Welcome Todd.

Sounds like you got lots of experience to share with the group.

Hope you enjoy the site and have some fun.

BBQchef33
10-20-2003, 10:20 PM
hey Todd.. Welcome Welcome....

We may be called the Bandera Brethren... but we've definately expanded beyond jsut the bandera in the past year.. We got a few WSM's too.... personally, i just got mine a month or 2 ago and still gettin used to it.

Hope you enjoy the site....... Welcome again!!

stlmike
10-21-2003, 07:08 AM
Welcome Todd,
What part of SD are you from? I used to hunt all the time in a town called Howard when I was stationed in Omaha.
StL Mike

midnight
10-21-2003, 08:09 AM
I live in Leola SD (pop:438) it is in the North east part of the state . About 45 miles from the town of Aberdeen (pop:24,000) the 3rd largest town in SD and the best area for hunting (IMHO).

At the moment I work for a Floor covering store but by next summer I hope to be cattering almost full time.