PDA

View Full Version : Brethren attending THE JACK!

Bossmanbbq
09-18-2009, 11:38 AM
I just wanted to start a thread to see who among us will be attending THE JACK. I would like to get by and see some of you in person:-D

I'll be their cooking with Wild Hogs! My Friend Mike Bratton has had an AWESOME year here in Colorado and I was honored to get an invitation from him to go and be on his team for this event.

Look forward to experiencing this event and hopefully meeting some of the Brethren!!

Sledneck
09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
See you there

Diva
09-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Sledneck, will you email me at info at theslabs dot com please

Don Marco
09-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Looking forward to mee(a)t y´all ! :mrgreen:

DM

ThomEmery
09-18-2009, 03:22 PM
We will be there

U2CANQUE
09-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Will be there with Butts and Breastts from SC

lunchlady
09-18-2009, 03:24 PM
lunchmeat will be there... hopefully we will be down at the end of the crick again... swing by if you make it that far down the road...

Jeff_in_KC
09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
lunchmeat will be there... hopefully we will be down at the end of the crick again... swing by if you make it that far down the road...

I'll be down that way, Michelle!

sfisch
09-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Part of the Michigan Mafia is coming, me, Bubba,Spydermike and Bruce B.

Scott

ThomEmery
09-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Would you Guys like to meet Friday Night?

Just Smokin' Around
09-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Just Smokin' Around will be there and I suspect we'll be down in the same part of town Michelle is. Hope it's dry this year.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
09-20-2009, 09:29 AM
3 Eyz will be there. Bill - don't ya worry, we always bring the rain (at least this season) :-P

Dale P
09-20-2009, 10:20 AM
We are planning on going to cheer on our friends, and drink their booze.

Ulcer Acres
09-20-2009, 06:09 PM
We will be there

Diva
09-20-2009, 06:44 PM
I'll be there as an honorary I Smell Smoke!!! ...person....party coordinator....dinner planner.....but, most importantly....professional taste tester/dishwasher/bartender!

Bbq Bubba
09-20-2009, 06:53 PM

I'm up for that Tom! :biggrin:

QN
09-20-2009, 07:58 PM
I'll be there starting Wednesday morning around 8am parking teams and doing meat inspection on Friday (starting at 8am; right lunchmeat?). Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Jeff_in_KC
09-20-2009, 08:00 PM

I should be available to have a refreshment or two myself! :wink:

Stu's Q
09-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Stu's Q BBQ will be there. Come by and say Hi. We would love to meet you guys.

Stu
Stu's Q BBQ

ThomEmery
09-20-2009, 09:20 PM
The teams will be at a party up the hill correct?
What is a central location to gather?
The town is dry right?

QN
09-21-2009, 07:26 AM
The teams will be at a party up the hill correct?
What is a central location to gather?
The town is dry right?

Yes, the town and county are dry. You will have to bring your beverages and put them in a cup. There is a picnic pavilion on the right as you come down through the main entrance from up at the square. It is where the cook's meeting is usually held on Friday afternoon, but there ususally isn't anything going on there Friday evening. The parade of teams is usually around 5:30pm. I have not seen an official schedule yet, so hopefully someone who has received a packet and schedule can chime in with details.

rweller
09-21-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm planning on being there Friday Afeternoon. Let me know where were meeting at, I'd like to meet you guys.

Rub
09-21-2009, 03:45 PM
The Swamp Boys crew will be pulling in Thursday morning, can't wait!

butts
09-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Butts and Breaststs will roll in Thursday morning! Rob with Them Ohio City Boys will be there lending a helping hand!

Just Smokin' Around
09-21-2009, 09:45 PM
I have not seen an official schedule yet, so hopefully someone who has received a packet and schedule can chime in with details.
QN - the offical packet did not have a schedule of events except to mention the parade. It didn't have turn in times, order sheets for shirts and stuff or any information on a cooks gathering on the hill.

It mentioned that check in went until 6:00 PM. We will be driving 12 hours on Thursday to get there and were hoping to check in between 6:00 and 7:00 PM, depending on travel conditions. Can arrangements be made for a late arrival on Thurdsday? Since your the man parking folks, I thought I could ask. Thanks.

bcis93
09-21-2009, 10:54 PM
DoRagQ will be there helping our friends Bobbie & Lee McWright of Music City Pig Pals.

QN
09-22-2009, 07:30 AM
QN - the offical packet did not have a schedule of events except to mention the parade. It didn't have turn in times, order sheets for shirts and stuff or any information on a cooks gathering on the hill.

It mentioned that check in went until 6:00 PM. We will be driving 12 hours on Thursday to get there and were hoping to check in between 6:00 and 7:00 PM, depending on travel conditions. Can arrangements be made for a late arrival on Thurdsday? Since your the man parking folks, I thought I could ask. Thanks.

No problem with your arrival time. I will be there; usually at least until 10 or 11pm depending on what is going on. Seems like there are always folks around starting Wednesday night with food and beverages to share. See you at the Jack. Travel safe.

Scottie
09-22-2009, 08:32 AM
I'll probably be pulling in late Wednesday Mark. Leave a light on....

EarlyBird
09-22-2009, 09:57 AM
My wife, Jana, and I will be going to the "JACK" to party with and cheer for our friends that are cooking. We look forward to meeting are Brethren friends. See ya there!

Jaybird
09-22-2009, 10:02 AM
I should be pullin in Wednesday afternoon sometime.

dmprantz
09-22-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm thinking about going to the Jack for the CBJ class on Friday and then hanging around on Saturday. If I do that, I'd love to stop by and meet ppl. If any one needs an extra pair of hands or fire watcher, let me know as I'd love to learn:)

dmp

blues_n_cues
09-22-2009, 10:30 AM
we'll be there visiting saturday. looking forward to meets & greets.

Just Smokin' Around
09-22-2009, 10:01 PM
No problem with your arrival time. I will be there; usually at least until 10 or 11pm depending on what is going on. Seems like there are always folks around starting Wednesday night with food and beverages to share. See you at the Jack. Travel safe.

Mark - THANK YOU! Much appreciated.

ThomEmery
09-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Flyin in Thursday

Don Marco
09-23-2009, 12:27 AM
We´ll also be there on thursday morning.

DM

ThomEmery
09-23-2009, 07:38 AM
I doubt everyone has a Brethren Tee Shirt to
identify themselves as a Brethren
Wearing my hat :) usually folks can figure out
"its that all hat no cattle Guy from California"

We are going to be posting live videos to our website
Interviews, observations and the awards

Nitrofly
09-23-2009, 07:54 AM
I put my Brethren hat in a safe place.
now I don't know where a safe space is. :icon_blush:

U2CANQUE
09-23-2009, 08:00 AM
BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!
is the best way to hear some Brethren members......especially those from the NE......strange breed I tell ya, strange breed....save the voice until then......

BBQ_Brian
09-23-2009, 04:58 PM
If you are touring around the grounds, don't forget about us international folks... I understand there will be 19 international teams this year (so far) - House of Q will be one of two teams from Canada... just look for the maple leaf flags, the hockey sticks, the touques (if you know what those are) or simple phrases such as "eh?" Sorry though that we will be flying in thus we have limited supply of real Canadian beer.

Cheers!

Jeff_in_KC
09-23-2009, 06:53 PM
If you are touring around the grounds, don't forget about us international folks... I understand there will be 19 international teams this year (so far) - House of Q will be one of two teams from Canada... just look for the maple leaf flags, the hockey sticks, the touques (if you know what those are) or simple phrases such as "eh?" Sorry though that we will be flying in thus we have limited supply of real Canadian beer.

Cheers!

And Bob and Doug MacKenzie playing on a wide screen? :lol: Can you bottle some of that scenery? I understand British Columbia is one of the most beautiful places in the world!

Jeff_in_KC
09-23-2009, 06:56 PM

If you video me, just be sure it's BEFORE I've dipped into the Templeton Rye! Oops! :shock: Actually, I better leave that stuff at home and bring the JD Single Barrel for this weekend! :lol:

Sidw
09-23-2009, 07:31 PM
We will be there sometime on Thursday!

blues_n_cues
09-23-2009, 11:15 PM
I doubt everyone has a Brethren Tee Shirt to
identify themselves as a Brethren
Wearing my hat :) usually folks can figure out
"its that all hat no cattle Guy from California"

don't worry .. we know ya left coast que'rs-(not queers) but left coast cookers?? better eh?

i'll bring plenty of freebies & swag... heck we may even vend...:-D

ThomEmery
09-24-2009, 07:32 AM
LOL Yea Man looking forward to this deal
I am bringing a empty suitcase on Southwest with me
so I have room to take home many treasures

Scottie I found your CBBQA Shirt

Jeff_in_KC
09-24-2009, 08:28 AM
LOL Yea Man looking forward to this deal
I am bringing a empty suitcase on Southwest with me
so I have room to take home many treasures

Scottie I found your CBBQA Shirt

We're driving so no need of an empy bag here! :lol: Which reminds me too... if anyone needs anything KC related like sauces, rubs, etc, I'll be glad to pick up a few items here and bring to Lynchburg to deliver to you as long as you don't start getting into a bunch of $50 orders that I gotta pay for up front! :lol:

QN
09-24-2009, 08:38 AM
We're driving so no need of an empy bag here! :lol: Which reminds me too... if anyone needs anything KC related like sauces, rubs, etc, I'll be glad to pick up a few items here and bring to Lynchburg to deliver to you as long as you don't start getting into a bunch of $50 orders that I gotta pay for up front! :lol:

Bring products from Boulevard Brewing Co. You definitely won't get that in Lynchburg...:mrgreen:

ThomEmery
09-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Hijack Alert
We are looking for a new Rib Rub What cha got?

ThomEmery
09-24-2009, 08:39 AM
I have a couple of CBBQA Aprons to trade

blues_n_cues
09-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Hijack Alert
We are looking for a new Rib Rub What cha got?
we'll be bringing some shirts & i'll bring ya some butt blessings.
hopefully soon i'll have some B-N-C coozies for giveaways.

ThomEmery
09-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Gotcha

Jeff_in_KC
09-24-2009, 10:26 PM
I should bring some "Vote for Jeff" can coozies! LOL!

ThomEmery
09-25-2009, 07:35 AM
I am working on the video to website project this weekend
The camera phone does not produce a quality picture
So maybe I will get a new gadget..........

Videos from the Jack is the goal

lunchlady
09-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Videos from the Jack is the goal

That would be fantastic!!!!
(apparently FoodTV doesn't much enjoy the 'BAAHHBEQUUE yelling guy') :shock:

I cannot wait to see everyone and it is still a month out!

I don't have a Brethren hat but I got a RED SOX hat... heeheehee:wink:

back on topic...
so Brethren are meeting up Friday after the parade AT the picnic pavilion? Is that where the cook's meeting was held last year?

QN
09-25-2009, 11:21 AM
so Brethren are meeting up Friday after the parade AT the picnic pavilion? Is that where the cook's meeting was held last year?

Yes, the picnic pavilion is where the cook's meeting was last year. It would be an easy place for everyone to meet. I don't think anything is scheduled there after the parade. See you in Lynchburg.

Vince RnQ
09-26-2009, 01:49 PM
RnQ will be arriving in Lynchburg Wednesday night.

rweller
10-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Look forward to meeting everyone. :-D

KC_Bobby
10-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Bring products from Boulevard Brewing Co. You definitely won't get that in Lynchburg...:mrgreen:

I resemble that remark

indianagriller
10-16-2009, 09:48 PM
I know it is really late notice, but just got the weekend off of work. If any Brethren team needs ANYTHING, let me know we will be heading down friday morning once i get off work, should be pulling in around 1300 hours. WOuld love to experience the Jack first hand.

EarlyBird
10-19-2009, 12:11 PM

I'm bringing a couples of cases of Boulevard. Find me and I'll have a cold one for you. I'll be hanging with the I Smell Smoke team.

EarlyBird
10-19-2009, 12:12 PM
I resemble that remark

Me too :lol: