PDA

View Full Version : B2 Pulled Pork

Oldtimer
09-25-2003, 03:49 PM
Who's sauce creation was that ?

cabo
09-25-2003, 06:35 PM
Who's sauce creation was that ?Which sauce, I had to leave to catch a farking plane??
Harry

Oldtimer
09-25-2003, 07:25 PM
Stuff on the pulled pork on Sunday before you hauled ass. I think ?

cabo
09-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Stuff on the pulled pork on Sunday before you hauled ass. I think ?

Nope, I missed it. Had to be at the airport by 10:30. Damn.........

BBQchef33
09-25-2003, 08:04 PM
I think harry brought the sauce from a local place(that apple juice bottle?). We put that in first, but it made the butt a little "off"... some weird spice in there..... So I made a mixture of cider vinegar, white pepper, cayenne, nutmeg and some salt and added that in to.

Oldtimer
09-25-2003, 08:25 PM
No cumin or Southern flavor ?

cabo
09-25-2003, 08:31 PM
No cumin or Southern flavor ?

Damn!!!! :shock: That was the problem :oops:
If anybody figures out what that "wierd spice" was please let me know.

BBQchef33
09-25-2003, 09:03 PM
Nope, no cumin or SF... Gary and I worked on it, and honestly, i think it was the vinegar sitting out.. Is that possible.???? The stuff made the pork Bitter.... usually vinegar brings out sweetness.... Maybe the organo.. Who knows.... I used it the next day and the same thing, but I added some salt & red pepper and nutmeg right to the bottle and it sweetened right up. Still good.. just needed a little push.

cabo
09-25-2003, 09:13 PM
Nope, no cumin or SF... Gary and I worked on it, and honestly, i think it was the vinegar sitting out.. Is that possible.???? The stuff made the pork Bitter.... usually vinegar brings out sweetness.... Maybe the organo.. Who knows.... I used it the next day and the same thing, but I added some salt & red pepper and nutmeg right to the bottle and it sweetened right up. Still good.. just needed a little push.Don't know. I got the sauce about a week & a half before the Bash, not including travel time. Could be, I guess. Worth looking into. Hope I didn't upset anybodies digestive track........Sorry!!!!! :oops: :oops:

Bill-Chicago
09-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Well I had some of David Little sauce on my pulled pork. That stuff in the square bottle

It was farking awesome.

Like Arby's bbq sauce, with a vinegar kick

Oldtimer
09-26-2003, 07:01 AM
Was Chad's home made ? I didn't get any. Harry are digestive tracks had nothing to do with your sauce, at least mine. :P

chad
09-26-2003, 07:40 AM
Well I had some of David Little sauce on my pulled pork. That stuff in the square bottle
It was farking awesome

Was Chad's home made ? I didn't get any. Harry are digestive tracks had nothing to do with your sauce, at least mine.

It's home made but not by me -- they put it together in the shack at Peeble's in Auburndale, FL. Used to just sell it in "old" Worchestershire bottles (by the gallon) or in carry out cups.

BBQchef33
09-26-2003, 09:38 AM
harry, the sauce was fine...just need some sweetening. I was still using it yesterday.