PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Ohio Smoked Meat & BBQ Festival, Nelsonville, OH 10/16 & 17

beardjp
09-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Wow!!! 30 days to go, so far yet so close. Nelsonville is ready for everyone again. "Life Saving BBQ" is ready to welcome everyone and especially Brethren. We will be at the head of the Public Square again with a friendly fire and information and directions. This year we will also be sporting the BBQ Brethren colors with a fear the pig banner. See everyone in October!!!

Podge
09-17-2009, 08:56 AM
This will be the first time ever, that i wished i was going to this contest.

U2CANQUE
09-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Wish you could make it.......and those Damn Perry Brothers as well.....

U2CANQUE
09-17-2009, 11:45 AM
But, Them Ohio City Boys are in.....looking forward to having this one be a qualifier again.....

roksmith
09-17-2009, 11:50 AM
We'll see ya over there..sending our entry form in this week.

The Pigman
09-19-2009, 06:18 PM
It dosent look good for me to spend the money. Travis my son was laid off yesterday with no good sight for going back. he gas to go to union hall monday to see if he can get on somewhere else. I am living month by month at the Enquirer and it really dosent look good there. But I will be out for the day if nothing else.

beardjp
09-19-2009, 06:42 PM
We will always have a place for you in Nelsonville Roger!!

beardjp
09-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Here is how we are lining up to date;

Jaws BBQ
Lava Pigs BBQ
Life Saving BBQ
Cincinnati Kids
Timothy T. &
The BBQ High Rollers
Gentle Ben's Barbecue Sauce
Pirate BBQ
Smoker Wild
William's Smoke'm
If You Got'em
Wrangler Concession
LIQALOTA-Q
Ribs & Bibs
Ohio Mountain Militia 101st
Hillbilly Brigade
BBQ Vittles Battalion
Scramblin Eggs BBQ
Getta Que
Rollin Ribs
Steel Smokin' BBQ
Hickory Flats BBQ
Them Ohio City Boys
Blacksmith Barbecue
Jay Are B-Q

The Giggler
09-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Here is how we are lining up to date;

Jaws BBQ
Lava Pigs BBQ
Life Saving BBQ
Cincinnati Kids
Timothy T. &
The BBQ High Rollers
Pirate BBQ
Smoker Wild
William's Smoke'm
If You Got'em
Wrangler Concession
LIQALOTA-Q
Ribs & Bibs
Ohio Mountain Militia 101st
Hillbilly Brigade
BBQ Vittles Battalion
Scramblin Eggs BBQ
Getta Que
Rollin Ribs
Steel Smokin' BBQ
Hickory Flats BBQ
Them Ohio City Boys
Blacksmith Barbecue
Jay Are B-Q

CONGRATS on getting 25 teams!

Sarge
09-20-2009, 05:43 PM
I just wanted to clarify the number of teams we have registered for the Ohio Smoked Meat & BBQ Festival.

We are currently at 21 teams (not 25, yet). In Bear's posting a few of the teams names were long and took up 2 lines. So, here is the re-formatted list of teams.

Jaws BBQ
Lava Pigs BBQ
Life Saving BBQ
Cincinnati Kids
Timothy T. & The BBQ High Rollers
Pirate BBQ
Smoker Wild
William's Smoke'm If You Got'em
Wrangler Concession
LIQALOTA-Q
Ribs & Bibs
Ohio Mountain Militia 101st Hillbilly Brigade BBQ Vittles Battalion
Scramblin Eggs BBQ
Getta Que
Rollin Ribs
Steel Smokin' BBQ
Hickory Flats BBQ
Them Ohio City Boys
Blacksmith Barbecue
Jay Are B-Q

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks.

Sarge

Dale P
09-21-2009, 07:49 AM
Never say never until the week of, if you are talking about the Perry Brothers. I would love to cook this one.

The Giggler
09-21-2009, 08:08 AM
I just wanted to clarify the number of teams we have registered for the Ohio Smoked Meat & BBQ Festival.

We are currently at 21 teams (not 25, yet). In Bear's posting a few of the teams names were long and took up 2 lines. So, here is the re-formatted list of teams.

Jaws BBQ
Lava Pigs BBQ
Life Saving BBQ
Cincinnati Kids
Pirate BBQ
Smoker Wild
Wrangler Concession
LIQALOTA-Q
Ribs & Bibs
Scramblin Eggs BBQ
Getta Que
Rollin Ribs
Steel Smokin' BBQ
Hickory Flats BBQ
Them Ohio City Boys
Blacksmith Barbecue
Jay Are B-Q

Sarge

Sorry about that.... :icon_blush:

So you need 4 more teams. I see one team that's not on that list that said they were going. From experiece, there was a flurry of registrations the last few weeks leading up to the contest, and even one who pulling in Friday night, scratched out the application, and paid cash.

U2CANQUE
09-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Mike, come on, close to family and friends.....I would love to see Giggling Pigs out and about at this one......

Dale....remember, you have been double dog dared.....but, even if not, will see ya down at New Albany.....

Double D's BBQ
09-21-2009, 09:13 AM

Jaws BBQ
Lava Pigs BBQ
Life Saving BBQ
Cincinnati Kids
Pirate BBQ
Smoker Wild
Wrangler Concession
LIQALOTA-Q
Ribs & Bibs
Scramblin Eggs BBQ
Getta Que
Rollin Ribs
Steel Smokin' BBQ
Hickory Flats BBQ
Them Ohio City Boys
Blacksmith Barbecue
Jay Are B-Q

Sarge

You can add us to the list as well. Our application will be going out this week. Also talked to the Smokin' Scotsmen over the weekend and they are strongly considering as well.

The Giggler
09-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Mike, come on, close to family and friends.....I would love to see Giggling Pigs out and about at this one......

Dale....remember, you have been double dog dared.....but, even if not, will see ya down at New Albany.....

Mr Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars is considering it. We were thinking of coming down Thursday before Nelsonville, doing the comp, then spending a good part of the week with family before heading to Lynchburg. The only problem is that we have AC/DC concert tickets after Nelsonville on Sunday Night....

Smoky River BBQ
09-21-2009, 10:25 AM
I would really like to come to this one. Gotta see how the finances play out, though.

Wonder if I could convince my wife to take on a second job to support my BBQ habit?? :confused::shock:

juicybuttsbbq
09-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Trying to Talk Hot Racks into going

SteveGrinstead
09-22-2009, 05:15 PM
It's official Nelsonville is over 25 teams (no double lines this time)

Bear has been sent the updated list of teams so the website will probably be updated soon

Judges. paging 7 more judges

Steve

U2CANQUE
09-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks a lot Steve.....glad to see Ohio's Oldest contest back on track and breathing! Grateful for all of the work that they have put in down in Nelsonville........it seems like they are really trying to get the community behind it as well..........
Looking forward to it!

beardjp
09-23-2009, 09:25 AM
We have crossed that magic line and still rolling on. Dallas I'll get you put on the list your word is good enough for me. Check and see if little D can bring his girls from Kettering. LOL

Are we still considering the "Mine Tavern" on the public square the official brethren watering hole? I know the owner Tim Loved it last year.

So much work to do and so little time. Come on down to Nelsonville!!!

beardjp
09-23-2009, 10:02 AM
2008 defending Grand Champion Shigs-In-Pit is signed up and now we have 28. Keep it rolling!!!

Smoke'n Ice
09-23-2009, 02:12 PM
My wife, who is from Deleware, and I are considering a road trip to visit her family in and about Columbus. Question:

Since we only compete in the TX & OK area I am unsure of the what the taste buds in the upper midwest are after. Any insight would be of use if anyone would care to share.

We won't know for another week if we can get the logistics together for the trip.

Mack & Sharon
Smoke'n Ice
Dallas, TX

beardjp
09-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Mack,
Even if you can't figure out the logistics come on down to Nelsonville and check us out. BBQ Brethren are always welcome. In regards to taste, what are you doing inthe Southwest?

Smoke'n Ice
09-23-2009, 03:56 PM
To me, it is up about 1,000 miles. The tastes in OK are candy sweet ribs, Head Country BBQ sauce on the pork and chicken and a crap shoot on the brisket with a thin bbq sauce sometimes working along with burnt ends.

Mack

Smoky River BBQ
09-24-2009, 10:26 AM
To me, it is up about 1,000 miles. The tastes in OK are candy sweet ribs, Head Country BBQ sauce on the pork and chicken and a crap shoot on the brisket with a thin bbq sauce sometimes working along with burnt ends.

Mack

Sounds like you will fit in just fine!

U2CANQUE
09-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Mack, sure hope that you guys are able to arrange the trip, always great to meet out of town'ers......

Smoky River BBQ
09-28-2009, 08:14 AM
We have crossed that magic line and still rolling on. Dallas I'll get you put on the list your word is good enough for me. Check and see if little D can bring his girls from Kettering. LOL

Are we still considering the "Mine Tavern" on the public square the official brethren watering hole? I know the owner Tim Loved it last year.

So much work to do and so little time. Come on down to Nelsonville!!!

I finally got permission to attend, so have you got room for one more team??

U2CANQUE
09-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Oh yeah, from what I hear they would be tickled pink to get 40, so, still pushing the contest to a lot of folks......look forward to seeing ya there...

The Pigman
09-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Since I wont be able to come and compete. I am thinking about coming and Judging. Please mark the 4th bar stool from left for me ....Thanks

It's official Nelsonville is over 25 teams (no double lines this time)

Bear has been sent the updated list of teams so the website will probably be updated soon

Judges. paging 7 more judges

Steve

beardjp
09-28-2009, 02:45 PM
You are going to be picky about which bar stool you get this year? LOL

32 Teams and still rolling WOW!!!

beardjp
09-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Smoky River BBQ. Get us your application form and your in.

Just Q'in
09-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey, new member here. Seriously considering this as my first pro comp... is there still room/time to get in the app?
Matt

beardjp
09-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Matt,

Come on over we still have space. You can get all the information you need at www.ohiobbq.com (http://www.ohiobbq.com). I hope you cane make it. To the best of our knowledge the most teams Nelsonville has had in 13 years is 33. We would not mind at all if we beat that.

U2CANQUE
09-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Matt, plenty of folks there to help you along the way, come on out, it is going to be a pretty decent one I do believe........

Also, a big thank you to everyone down that way putting in such hard work......hope they are prepared for the swine, bovine, and cluckin stampede of bbq teams down there this year.......grins, remind the Giant Eagle, Parsley, Parsley, and Parsley....wait, one of the sponsors is GFS.....any idea on their ability to provide parsley?

beardjp
09-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Rob,

I'll alert the Krogers of our coming. I have a good working relationship with them. I can check on GFS. Last year that offered to let teams pre order and it would delivered to Rocky's Boot Grill for pick up. I'll have to check this year. I know that they are supplying the butts for the people’s choice competition. I'll let you know.

We are working to be ready for all the teams. I just ordered in two commercial size generators for the competition area, and welcomed a new sponsor, Buckeye Power Supplys. Just like Santa we are making our list and checking it twice.

Ford
09-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Great Lakes BBQ & Feed Co will be there. I'll be sending in my check tomorrow. Not sure if it will be just me or Carol and the dogs as well. If Carol comes we'll have the motorhome. I'll be there Thursday evening after 6:00 although I may get there a little earlier and park somewhere until I can setup.

Looking forward to seeing people and taking some Ohio cash back to Michigan.

Scottie
09-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Looking forward to seeing people and taking some Ohio cash back to Michigan.

Why, is Troy cooking this contest?

U2CANQUE
09-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Why, is Troy cooking this contest? coffee out the nose mod.....come on down, another entry into the pot.....:twisted:......Ohio is not a "walk in" state any longer......looking forward to some Ohio teams stepping up to the plate this year....several have been close all summer, and about due...

EatonHoggBBQ
09-30-2009, 10:54 AM

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Dayum....

Scottie
09-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Well, if you want to talk smack. Be prepared to be smacked...

ford knows I am joking. just like he was joking. We all know the Scotsmen will be taking a large suitcase!!! lol

U2CANQUE
09-30-2009, 12:37 PM
oh, love the smack talk, and hang with the best there as well.......know Ford, and enjoy cooking against him....plenty of experience cooking....and respect him much......
As the contest gets closer, much more smack to be spoken.....just grateful that another Ohio contest has 1, not only a large payday, but, 2, is getting up to the Kettering numers....gives me hope for next years contest in Cleveland.....
really looking forward to seeing downtown filled in Nelsonville...and getting a chance to keep those damn shigs from repeating....

Ford
09-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Thankfully no. Otherwise MI could take top 3 easy. :biggrin: Time we kicked some IN butt as they've thought of this contest as their private playground the last few years with Ribs and Bibs and Shigs. :icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil

I'm pretty sure Troy will be getting ready for his trip to The Jack. But he does have a bunch of travel money with 3 GC's in 6 weeks.

And it's been strange year for me. Based on the books I keep I'm real close to break even this year so a good showing at Nelsonville could put me in the black. Kind of exciting turning point in competition.

Scottie
09-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Thankfully no. Otherwise MI could take top 3 easy. :biggrin: Time we kicked some IN butt as they've thought of this contest as their private playground the last few years with Ribs and Bibs and Shigs. :icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil

That's cause all the teams go to Libertyville...

Ford
09-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Now that's funny.

Scottie
09-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Now that's funny.

Well, I figured there had to be some reason for you driving to a farther away contest. Especially after you've already been to Libertyville...

Ford
09-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Well, I figured there had to be some reason for you driving to a farther away contest. Especially after you've already been to Libertyville...
Money. pure and simple.

beardjp
09-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Now I know Nelsonville is back and alive when the teams are talking smack. With everyones help Nelsonville is at 36 teams with Ford's entry. To the best of our knowledge that is a new record. The old one being 33. We are actually discussing a cut off number, ONLY DISCUSSING. There is still room at the inn.

Just a little extra Nelsonville is having a Backyard BBQ contest on the evening of 10/16. Categories - Pork Loin, Chicken Wings & Dessert. Each category is paying 1st $150, 2nd $100, and 3rd $75. More information at www.ohiobbq.com (http://www.ohiobbq.com).

Scottie
09-30-2009, 03:43 PM
You still have to win though, right? I managed to walk away with a couple thousand from last year's Libertyville contest... So it's there...

Ford
09-30-2009, 03:52 PM
One other plus is I can pull in Thursday night, hang out with folks in the bar and walk back to the motorhome after. :biggrin: :icon_cool Even get a good burger. And of course I'll stay far away on Friday.:icon_devil

U2CANQUE
09-30-2009, 05:45 PM
One other plus is I can pull in Thursday night, hang out with folks in the bar and walk back to the motorhome after. and they take care of ya at the bar there too.....and yeah, Friday night....I pass as well...... but, we should be down Thursday too.....have to get my spot in front of the salon/spa.....some great bartering there....and the pizza shop

Smoky River BBQ
10-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Smoky River BBQ. Get us your application form and your in.

You should be seeing the app and check anytime now!

SteveGrinstead
10-01-2009, 05:41 PM
I recieved an email from the organizers stating they had 40 entries and are talking about capping, so if you are planning on coming to Nelsonville get your apps in soon

Also we need 20+ CBJs so if you can go to www.ohiobbq.com (http://www.ohiobbq.com) and follow the link for judges it would be greatly appreciated.

40??? in nelsonville???? Looking forward to seeing everyone there

Steve

Ford
10-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Looks like I'll need a runner at Nelsonville. Carol is going to have to stay home with a sick dog. Surgery will be the Monday or Tuesday before the contest so no way she can travel. So if anybody is comingto visit and wants to watch a crazy man on Saturday morning let me know. You're welcome to hang out both dats if you want.

SteveGrinstead
10-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Looks like I'll need a runner at Nelsonville. Carol is going to have to stay home with a sick dog. Surgery will be the Monday or Tuesday before the contest so no way she can travel. So if anybody is comingto visit and wants to watch a crazy man on Saturday morning let me know. You're welcome to hang out both dats if you want.

we can probably find someone for you Ford if you need. Let me know

Steve

U2CANQUE
10-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Ford, will be able to get someone for ya....I even promise that they will not shake the boxes....too much..........sorry about the dog......you can use mine as a mascot over the weekend.....

Peoples choice....during turn-ins....maybe not the best idea.......any chance on changing the times?

The Pigman
10-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Everyone involved with turning this comp around last year and saving it you did a great job. In 1 year you have the numbers. I will know by monday if I am coming and will let you know then. If I come I will be judging. And maybe taking pics of all.

beardjp
10-01-2009, 08:46 PM
OMG 40 teams in Nelsonville greater than we ever expected.

Ford-I was just looking at were to place you. We may put you right in front of the turn in area I need to check on all the spaces, but I will get you as close as I can.

Rob-I am open for suggestions on the "Best Of". You have been at a lot of comps. What works best? Give me some options and I can work with it.

Ain't nothing set in stone yet, except there is going to be some serious BBQing in Nelsonville in a few weeks, hot damm!!!

Sarge
10-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Everyone involved with turning this comp around last year and saving it you did a great job. In 1 year you have the numbers. I will know by monday if I am coming and will let you know then. If I come I will be judging. And maybe taking pics of all.

Gee, Pigman,

I'm beginning to think you may be a little scared to compete here in Nelsonville. :lol:

No, really, I know your situation and I feel for you. I hope you can make it up to judge. Looking forward to having a drink and a bowl of chili with you.

Sarge

U2CANQUE
10-02-2009, 08:51 AM
I am open for suggestions on the "Best Of".

Maybe 1:30-3:30, depending on what time awards are going to be.....it would just be difficult to do during turn in time....I was not sure what time they were planning on awards....are we providing the containers for the samples? It will all be fun, no matter what.....

beardjp
10-02-2009, 09:18 AM
We will supply the sample containers and a pork butt to cook. We still have to do some final changes so I will work on the times.

U2CANQUE
10-02-2009, 01:57 PM
that sounds like a winner......cutoff going to be 49?......I cannot wait to see how all of these BIG rigs are all going to fit.......me, mini-rig, same spot, happy as a clam....will be in on Thursday evening.....keeping Fords stool warm for him....

Ford
10-02-2009, 02:24 PM
that sounds like a winner......cutoff going to be 49?......I cannot wait to see how all of these BIG rigs are all going to fit.......me, mini-rig, same spot, happy as a clam....will be in on Thursday evening.....keeping Fords stool warm for him....
I'll be there by 6 Thursday.

Coz
10-02-2009, 03:31 PM

Scotty ,I think after we talked about me pit bitchin for him he had 2nd thoughts about me learning his chicken recipe.After all we could end up in the U.P. again.I guess I am going to have to break down and take one of the high $$$$$$ classes this winter.Or I should have paid more attention when I took Alexs.I think I slept thru the chicken part.:oops:

beardjp
10-02-2009, 04:08 PM
We haven't set a cut off number yet. We are working on the placements to get everyone in. Who is planning on coming in Thursday evening? That will really help with placement.

U2CANQUE
10-02-2009, 04:54 PM
I will be there Thursday, I think that Cowboy Dan is planning on heading in too....he has a hog ass production hauler, Ford.....I think that some of the other Marietta guys.....

The Pigman
10-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Sarge hopefully this is what you will see next year driving away with one of the tropheys???????

Gee, Pigman,

I'm beginning to think you may be a little scared to compete here in Nelsonville. :lol:

No, really, I know your situation and I feel for you. I hope you can make it up to judge. Looking forward to having a drink and a bowl of chili with you.

Sarge

Smoke'n Ice
10-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Smoke'n Ice would like to become a part of this contest. Will arrive sometime on friday and need a 20X20 (space for trailer (6X12 with ramp), fec, traeger, and car) 110, 20 amp and water. Will be sending app via snail mail on monday along with check.

Will be visiting family in Deleware, OH and some will probably make the trip to nelsonville.

Sarge
10-03-2009, 09:42 AM
No, really, Bear had this done and it just got in. It 3'X6' and will be proudly hanging at the head of the Square for the comp. Make sure y'all come by and visit.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2666/3977235096_63567aa31d.jpg

What do you think if we have some smaller ones made so we can officially designate "The Mine Tavern" as the "official brethren watering hole" for the weekend?

Sarge

P.S.

We are now at 41 TEAMS!

Looks like we may have to tear down a few old buildings to make room for everyone.

Sarge
10-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey Pigman,

Nice rig, but we thought it needed some work. Here is our suggestion to make your truck look... better.

Sarge and Bear.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2437/3976880963_48f4fe9540.jpg

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

The Pigman
10-03-2009, 03:33 PM
You serve REAL BBQ in nelsonville??????

Sarge
10-03-2009, 03:39 PM
That was good.

Bear got a good laugh. He and I are working a 24 hour shift together at the EMS station.

Hope to see you in 13 days.

Sarge

The Pigman
10-05-2009, 08:41 AM
I do know some firemen that were happy on Sept 26th.. They had fatties for breakfast, ribs for lunch and pulled pork for supper. I did a big cook next door to the firehouse and thought I would treat them. They asked if they hit the lottery and how much they owed. The response was just a pic. But I did go over turn in time told them they would get them at noon. give or take 4/5 minutes bul****ting before pic was takin.

That was good.

Bear got a good laugh. He and I are working a 24 hour shift together at the EMS station.

Hope to see you in 13 days.

Sarge

Smoky River BBQ
10-05-2009, 10:16 AM
We haven't set a cut off number yet. We are working on the placements to get everyone in. Who is planning on coming in Thursday evening? That will really help with placement.

I am planning on being there Thursday night around 7 or 8. I have a 8' x 25' camper I bring.

roksmith
10-05-2009, 10:50 AM
I will be there Thursday, I think that Cowboy Dan is planning on heading in too....he has a hog ass production hauler, Ford.....I think that some of the other Marietta guys.....

Kevin should be there Thursday as well....we're still debating..either late thursday or first thing in the am friday..

You got room for us in your toy hauler Rob? : )

U2CANQUE
10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
yeah, tons of space in that 48 foot toy hauler, a bit of advice though, IT GETS COLD AT NIGHT!!!!

JayAre
10-05-2009, 05:50 PM
JayAre-B-Q will be rolling in mid-Day on Thursday...hope to get the spot at the bank parking lot!

beardjp
10-05-2009, 10:10 PM
We are up to 45 teams in Nelsonville. We will not be ready for teams until Thursday evening at 6pm. We have to let the downtown businesses empty out before we start closing streets.

If anyone gets in earlier we can arrange for an area to drop trailers so you can explore the area easier if you want. We have another planning meeting 10/6 so we will get everything worked out for all the teams.

beardjp
10-06-2009, 01:30 PM
We are working on a handout for the public to help them understand the competition. Please let me know if anyone has other comments or suggestions we should include. Thank you for your input.:icon_blush:

BBQ Competition Etiquette
Samples and meeting the teams

1. BBQ teams love to talk about their cooking and there cookers. Remember this is a professional competition. Between 11:00 am and 1:30 pm BBQ teams are preparing their entries for judging and may not be very talkative. Please take this into consideration, remember these teams have invested a lot of hours and money to compete.

2. Do not enter BBQ team cooking areas unless you are invited to do so. Teams are very busy and have routines that must be completed.

3. Food Samples – BBQ teams are not required to make food samples available to the public. Public food samples are entirely at the discretion of the BBQ team.

If a team does not have samples available please respect their wishes. Do not take anything from any teams cooking area; this may be their BBQ entry you just destroyed!!

The Pigman
10-06-2009, 04:20 PM
48 ft ??????/did it grow since kettering

yeah, tons of space in that 48 foot toy hauler, a bit of advice though, IT GETS COLD AT NIGHT!!!!

U2CANQUE
10-06-2009, 04:32 PM
grins, hell no, if anything it got washed with hot water, and shrunk some more.....lol

Ford
10-06-2009, 05:31 PM
3. Food Samples – BBQ teams are not required to make food samples available to the public. Public food samples are entirely at the discretion of the BBQ team.

If a team does not have samples available please respect their wishes. Do not take anything from any teams cooking area; this may be their BBQ entry you just destroyed!!
I hate contests where people put out their leftovers after each turn-in. Draws the viltures in and causes problems. Is the local/county/state health dept on board with this? Here in MI it's basically not allowed as we are not inspected.

At least I'm self contained within the trailer and people can't get to me.

Now about about people coming down Friday. I'd encourage that as we have lots more time and usually cook comething for dinner and if it's left over well it's just cooking dinner for friends. And we have lots of time to talk.

For some teams that 11 - 1:30 might be a little tight. I know a lot that get pretty uptight after 10 am.

U2CANQUE
10-06-2009, 05:40 PM
the heck with dinner Ford, ya doing your special breakfast treat?

Ford
10-06-2009, 05:49 PM
the heck with dinner Ford, ya doing your special breakfast treat?
nope.

SteveGrinstead
10-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Once again a plea for certified judges. We are aproximately 30 short for Saturday, if certified judges have not signed up we will start taking general public

beardjp
10-06-2009, 08:03 PM
We currently have 44 teams entered in the Nelsonville competition. We are setting the cap on teams at 50, and a entry deadline of October 9, 2009 at 4 pm Eastern time. Any teams that want to enter must have their entry form faxed or emailed to the Nelsonville Chamber of Commerce by the dealine.

Double D's BBQ
10-07-2009, 01:02 AM
Once again a plea for certified judges. We are aproximately 30 short for Saturday, if certified judges have not signed up we will start taking general public

Maybe next year you could have a judges class on Thursday night. With the support we saw from the general public last year, I would think that there would be many people locally interested in becoming a certified judge. It would be a good thing for the cooks as well.

If the general public is going to be making up two thirds of the judging pool for this years contest all I can say is...................its time for fall off the bone ribs!

The Pigman
10-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Steve sent you message.

beardjp
10-08-2009, 09:02 PM
We are working on a judges class for February 19 & 20, 2010. I will keep ewveryone up to date as we get everything confirmed.

The Pigman
10-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Will that include one for Captins table position also????

We are working on a judges class for February 19 & 20, 2010. I will keep ewveryone up to date as we get everything confirmed.

Ford
10-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Well I have a helper for the contest. For some of the old timers at Nelsonville will remember Tom O'Connor who cooked with John Rumery of The Outdoor Cook. Tom is the guy who now owns my first Klose pit. While it's tempting to ask him to bring it we'll be cooking on a pair of FE's. So that means I not only have a runner but I also have somebody to help with meat trimming and the parsley boxes. That means more time for me to socialize. Now I just hope I can get the handicapped cart to keep a charge.

And does anybody have more details on the cook's breakfast? I was thinking if somebody like Old Dave could bring an Egg casserole I might be convinved to thaw a tenderloin out. Maybe somebody else has Fruit to bring and before we know it a few of the Brethren could have their own breakfast.

Smoke'n Ice
10-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Smoke'n Ice would consider supplying "Maudee's" (our sponsor) own twist on a Cinnamon French Toast Casserole with Triple Berry Sauce and a dollop of sweetened cream cheese. That is, if Texans are allowed to participate!

I made an assumption that we were talking about Saturday morning!! Won't be in until noon on Friday.

Mack

beardjp
10-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Well we have 47 teams signed up, a new record for Nelsonville. Still working on placement of teams. But we will get everyone in.

beardjp
10-13-2009, 04:50 AM
Correction, we have 48 teams signed up for Nelsonville. Wow what a great feeling. Now to get everyone where they are happy. We are working on the war board today and playing with our little cards and moving them around. Trying to meet everyones requests.

"The Mine Tavern" is honored to be considered the official BBQ Team watering hole. Tim, the owner will be ready for everyone. I told him we should start showing up Thursday evening. I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

U2CANQUE
10-13-2009, 06:04 AM
I do not envy you with having to place everyone.....even with utilizing all of the extra area it is going to be a interesting feat......Thanks for all of the work that you guys have put into this.....and a big thanks to the sponsors who decided to back the contest 1,000%......Hopefully the town is ready for the crew that is going to be rolling in......

Ford
10-13-2009, 06:32 AM
Better bring the red flannels and maybe an umbrella. At least it may not be an all day rain.

Thu (http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/wxdetail/USOH0655?dayNum=2)
Oct 15

http://i.imwx.com/web/common/wxicons/45/11.gif?12122006
Few Showers

53°
33°

30%

Fri (http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/wxdetail/USOH0655?dayNum=3)
Oct 16

Showers

48°
32°

50%

Sat (http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/wxdetail/USOH0655?dayNum=4)
Oct 17

Few Showers

51°
30°

30%

Sun (http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/wxdetail/USOH0655?dayNum=5)
Oct 18

http://i.imwx.com/web/common/wxicons/45/32.gif?12122006
Sunny

54°
30°

0%

juicybuttsbbq
10-13-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey That Forecast looks real familiar!!! Rob,, Good Thing you cooked the HD to get your practice in,, Man!! Sleeves two weeks in a row,,hahaha
Wish we could make this one

U2CANQUE
10-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Sleeves two weeks in a row.......watch your tongue.....you know better than that.....

SteveGrinstead
10-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Rocky is having its annual fall sale, up to 70% off on select items and each team will be getting 25% of coupons

Steve

The Pigman
10-13-2009, 05:52 PM
How about judges?????

Rocky is having its annual fall sale, up to 70% off on select items and each team will be getting 25% of coupons

Steve

The Pigman
10-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Tell Tim and Joli at the MINE Tavern "We be coming"

Rob whats this I am hearing about Sleeves ?????????

Correction, we have 48 teams signed up for Nelsonville. Wow what a great feeling. Now to get everyone where they are happy. We are working on the war board today and playing with our little cards and moving them around. Trying to meet everyones requests.

"The Mine Tavern" is honored to be considered the official BBQ Team watering hole. Tim, the owner will be ready for everyone. I told him we should start showing up Thursday evening. I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

U2CANQUE
10-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Rob whats this I am hearing about Sleeves ?????????
Well, in Jeffersonville, IN this summer I got a bad rap for being in a sleeveless shirt....was 100 plus degrees.......and so this weekend, since I got soooooooooooo much grief about it from Juicy I had to go a while without sleeves for a while just to be "me"....and it was SO far from 100 degrees.....cold and rainy.....
what can I say, I love my Harley shirts.....

Looking forward to seeing ya Roger.....

Travel safe all........

How is the judging setting up Steve?

SteveGrinstead
10-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Judges? yeah i think we can work something out for judges

The Pigman
10-14-2009, 09:37 AM
I didnt think that she bought you anything but sleeveless shirts. Even last year when it got cold ...oh wait a minute thats when you went STICKBURNER

Well, in Jeffersonville, IN this summer I got a bad rap for being in a sleeveless shirt....was 100 plus degrees.......and so this weekend, since I got soooooooooooo much grief about it from Juicy I had to go a while without sleeves for a while just to be "me"....and it was SO far from 100 degrees.....cold and rainy.....
what can I say, I love my Harley shirts.....

Looking forward to seeing ya Roger.....

Travel safe all........

How is the judging setting up Steve?

beardjp
10-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Roger,
The folks at the Mine Tavern are all ready and waiting for their BBQ friends this weekend. I am trying to keep warm thoughts for the weekend so don't scrap your sleevless shirts yet Rob.

Ford, you have to remember this is Ohio, give it ten minutes and the weather will change. The only problem is we just don't know what it will change to. Keep thinking warm, there are enough of us this year we might make a difference, LOL

Ford
10-14-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm thinking warm and packing one sleeveless to show the ink. However I also have long sleeves and jackets and ectra blankets for sleeping.

As there was only 1 response on breakfast I decided not to bring a tenderloin. I should be there around 6 tomorrow. Tell them I'd prefer a table rather than the bar at The Mine.

beardjp
10-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Good news. The coffe shop on the square will be opening up early on Saturday morning so everyone can get there caffiene jolt.

Double D's BBQ
10-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Hot coffee should come in handy on Saturday morning Dan. I see that they are calling for snow on Saturday!:eek:

juicybuttsbbq
10-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Anyone have results???

SteveGrinstead
10-18-2009, 08:42 AM
results are up on the kcbs website

roksmith
10-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Congrats to Smoke 'n Ice on your GC!
Great results and even better folks.

Brutus & Co.