#4" everyone shut up, Brian wants to talk. Go head Brian"

#5 "Nooooooooooooooooooooo"

Bill-Chicago
09-21-2003, 11:42 PM
Okay, Day 3 is over.

I wil need a few days to recuperate and Phil is at Fleeetwood Mac/

One final bash bite:

Ticket Counter: Sir, it looks like your flight is dealyed and hour and a half"
Neil (St Loius): Thats' okay, I gonna go tak a piss that will last a half an hour"

Bill-Chicago
09-21-2003, 11:45 PM
Brethren,
I hope to get as much up as posssilble in the next 2 days, but 2 bottlews of Cabo Wabo Tequila (you da man harry) and such has got me slowed.

Havent drank 2.5 cases in 2 days in a long time

Brian, you want a shot?

"NOoOooooooooooooooo"

nthole
09-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Just touching base. 41 hours after leaving home to the minute I'm back home. Only my first flight was delayed. Made the second. Pissed 4 times from Long Island to St. Louis. Geeezus we drank a lot of beer. My piss smells like a brewery.

I'm going to bed...

Good times...good times...

gary
09-22-2003, 06:45 AM
Thank You Phil
WOW what a weekend! :D Best time I've had in a long time.
It was great to finally get to meet & talk Q with some of the members.
Monday am farts smell like smoke and pee like beer..... Haven't had that happen in a long time.
Pass the Cabo...
Hey Ray more Cabo in your coffee?
Brian, Sunday 7:30 am, as he looks in the cooler... no more water?.... oh well, as he cracks open a corona....
Gary Siedlik

cabo
09-22-2003, 07:47 AM
No flights delayed, got back right on schedule.
If anybody here offers me a shot of Cabo I just might
have to get on a chair and slap ‘em. :evil:
This weekend ranks in the top three, and that
includes a trip to Disneyland when I was 11.
Yes Neil I said Disneyland. I am THAT old.
Only problem I had, was having to leave at all! :cry:
HELLOFAPARTY.........Thank's Phil and Sharon. :lol:
Sharon, you are a special kind of lady to put
up with a bunch of nut cases like us for three days,
OH wait !!! You live with the head nut 24/7. My condolences. :twisted:
By the way do you think that car salesman will ever be the same?? :shock:
Harry S.C.

Oldtimer
09-22-2003, 08:38 AM
All they above and then some. Flight from Long Island to Cleveland was fine. Cleveland to Dallas blew big time, had tubulents the entire trip so could not get up to use the head. Plane shook the whole trip I don't think it was just me. Offerd us a smoked ham sandwich on the flight. I took a seven up and a pillow. Sleep most of the way. Anywya got to bed bout midnight, up at 5AM and now at work. Wonder how long I will last ?

Thanks to all had the best that I can remember.

"Chad you take a breath yet ?"

Bill-Chicago
09-22-2003, 10:19 AM
You guys made my summer.

Perfect bookends, Bash 1 to kick it off, Bar Bash Bites in St Louis in August to keep it going, then end it with Bash 2 and the Seafood fest in the Midwest.

Best part I took home from Bash 2 (besides the website of the Jalepeno Jelly (You da man David Hamman, those jelly ribs were the bomb)) was being able to share my "goto" pork loin with a group of folks that I respect there input on, and getting nothing but kudos.

Thanks guys (and thank TK for the brisket method that I applied to the loin). I will post the loin method in the recipes section. I encourage all the Brethren to try it, cuz it now has 8 or 9 testimonials available of fellow members.

Well, I am gathering bites, and the stories that go along with them, and will post some shortly.

"Do you prefer the term little people?" God damn was that funny.

Bill-Chicago
09-22-2003, 10:21 AM
Best part I took home from Bash 2 (besides the website of the Jalepeno Jelly (You da man David Hamman, those jelly ribs were the bomb)) .

For older people like harry :), that is bomb as in good, as opposed to shrimp bomb which tastes like **** :)

nthole
09-22-2003, 10:28 AM
Speaking of that Jelly...uh, could you post that site? Some of us didn't think to write it down, and probably would have last it if we had tried. I took a few pix of the jar, but I dunno if they'll come out. Especially since I had the crappy camera. Next time I'm bringing the digital.

cabo
09-22-2003, 10:36 AM
Speaking of that Jelly...uh, could you post that site? Some of us didn't think to write it down, and probably would have last it if we had tried. I took a few pix of the jar, but I dunno if they'll come out. Especially since I had the crappy camera. Next time I'm bringing the digital.Hey Guy, be careful. That stuff could short circuit your Easy Bake!! :twisted:
Harry S.C.
Oh and I'm still sorry about your father. :lol:

david
09-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Glad the Hab-jelly was good on the ribs (I've never tried it, usually just get out a spoon). they sell the stuff at one of our farmers markets, so we stock up during the summer

http://www.rosecitypepperheads.com/

chad
09-22-2003, 08:27 PM
The Habanero Jelly was spoon licking good -- we'd tried it before applying it to the first rib -- it done real nice on the ribs.

That pork loin was SUPER -- Phil and I had some cold and warmed up on Monday and it cut like butter but kept it shape and didn't shred -- super, super job. Please do post the recipe/procedure.

David
alias "Chad" (didn't know I'd picked up the nickname until Sunday :D)

Bill-Chicago
09-22-2003, 11:38 PM
David Hamman,

We took your Jalepeno jelly and put it on the ribs after the meat started to pull back from the bone, as we wrapped in foil. Back in the cooker for 3 hours.

Jelly made a knock dick glaze.

Awesome
gonna work on them folks for group discount. You may just have the "goto" rib jelly on your hands for this group.

Bill-Chicago
06-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Okay, so you think you are a Brethren?

Try this.

The BRETHREN was FOUNDED on experimenting.

Not about "you must do this" or "you must do that"

HELL, we spent like a year shoving every type of sausage in a pork loin.

So the above is a testament to a method I stumbled on, using a brisket method TK originally posted on Yahoo.

DO NOT listen to anyone about temperature.

ANYONE that posts here saying this it "too much" has not tried the method.

Pork loin. Not tenderloin. 4# cryosuck halves, or 8# Cosco wholes

Rub 12 hours before in favorite rub.

Cook at 225* or so, spritzing with whatever.

When at 175 or so, wrap in foil after spraying liberally.

Take to 190*

pull off the cooker, and into the cooler.

After couple hours, unwrap. WATCH OUT FOR JUICE. Cut into 1" slices. serve.

DO NOT let someone tell you 190 is too much for loin.

DO NOT let someone tell you the loin will be dry.

Chad's post was the kicker for me here.

When I got his vote, I felt I accomplished something.

Bbq Bubba
06-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Bill's having a flashback moment!!

Pork loin will dry out past 160..............:twisted:

SmokeInDaEye
06-15-2008, 01:01 AM
David Hamman,

We took your Jalepeno jelly and put it on the ribs after the meat started to pull back from the bone, as we wrapped in foil. Back in the cooker for 3 hours.

Jelly made a knock dick glaze.

Awesome
gonna work on them folks for group discount. You may just have the "goto" rib jelly on your hands for this group.

Sounds like a great time, knock dick glaze and all. Where's this pork recipe, Bill?

Norcoredneck
06-15-2008, 08:07 AM
You can cook Pork Loins in a smoker? Nice to hear from you Bill.

tommykendall
06-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I've tried the 190 pork loin several times, probably cooked one once. It's great - especially with some Dreamland BBQ sauce.

BBQchef33
06-16-2008, 12:45 PM
I'll admit.. 190 porkloins are good eating.. its like a pork butt that holds together better and with A LOT less marbling. My family will eat a 190 loin, but wont go for a sliced butt because of the fat. The key is WRAPPING IT.. the amount of juice that comes out of the foil will fill a bucket, and serve it with those juices.. Just go in thinking its gonna be a different product that a 160 loin.. Different texture and more tender.

chit.. I just made myself hungry.

Sledneck
06-16-2008, 01:11 PM
I keep going back to the top of this this thread reading down and can't figure out where all of this 190 porkloins tallk comes from? Huh?? Am I missing something here??

Bigdog
06-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I keep going back to the top of this this thread reading down and can't figure out where all of this 190 porkloins tallk comes from? Huh?? Am I missing something here??

Here it is.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39793

BBQchef33
06-16-2008, 01:45 PM

nope.. just an old history lesson.

heres the threads.. Road map has them all.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118280&postcount=4

Norcoredneck
06-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Why would someone doubt a guy that invented the Frito-Pie? They all said that would never work.

swamprb
06-17-2008, 09:19 AM
I was taking @10 lb loins and cutting them in thirds and smoking them without foil to 160-165 like all the suggested meat temps. Wasn't happy! Then went to the 140, pull and rest cooks and was happy with the results.

But....

Does Bills high temp loin cook have a different texture? And does stuffing the loin with a sausage have any effect? I've actually gotten bored with loins and would be willing to try this method.

Papa Hogg
06-17-2008, 09:26 AM
The BRETHREN was FOUNDED on experimenting.
If I'm not mistaken, so were your college days, with a little help from some alcohol :eek::wink:

HELL, we spent like a year shoving every type of sausage in a pork loin.
Is that what you crazy experimenting kids called it back then?

BBQchef33
06-17-2008, 11:27 AM
I was taking @10 lb loins and cutting them in thirds and smoking them without foil to 160-165 like all the suggested meat temps. Wasn't happy! Then went to the 140, pull and rest cooks and was happy with the results.

But....

Does Bills high temp loin cook have a different texture? And does stuffing the loin with a sausage have any effect? I've actually gotten bored with loins and would be willing to try this method.

yes, different texture. Similar to the money muscle in a butt..

This is an entirely different end product than a sliced loin brought to 140-160.

The sausage stuffing thing is totally different(can be done in the 190, but it didnt start out there.) look in the roadmap thread I posted above under 'how to stuff a loin". We would make an X SLIT lengthwise down the center, and then stick a semi-frozen sausage in there(so its easier to push thru) and cook it to whatever temp was the target for the day.

swamprb
06-17-2008, 07:35 PM
yes, different texture. Similar to the money muscle in a butt..

This is an entirely different end product than a sliced loin brought to 140-160.

The sausage stuffing thing is totally different(can be done in the 190, but it didnt start out there.) look in the roadmap thread I posted above under 'how to stuff a loin". We would make an X SLIT lengthwise down the center, and then stick a semi-frozen sausage in there(so its easier to push thru) and cook it to whatever temp was the target for the day.

OK I got the sausage stuffed loin down, but how does it turn out using Bills method? Is it worthwhile to try?
The money muscle is what i need to work on and the 190 loin is opening a new door- I better spend some quality time in Roadmap.

BBQchef33
06-17-2008, 09:42 PM
honestly, I never did a 190 loin WITH the sausage.. When I do the sausage one, i bring it to 150 and let it rest and slice. The 190 I have done several times just plain.

jgh1204
06-18-2008, 06:59 PM
I tried cooking outside the box once. The meat never got done. You have to cook inside the box. That might piss off some non-conformists, but that is what it is.

190 for pork loin is just crazy talk.