PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Oinktoberfest - Clarence, NY Sept 25-26

smknwhlswife
09-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Smoke On Wheels will be there with help from Rob.

WannaBeBBQueen
09-10-2009, 07:03 AM
We will be there in spirit!!!

goodsmokebbq
09-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Dates are Sep 25 / 26 for Oink

goodsmokebbq
09-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Smoke On Wheels will be there with help from Rob.

Great to have you in NY again! You flyin in again?

The Giggler
09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
The BBQ Circus can be seen during the whole weekend. Mr Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars will be cooking KCBS, and The 5th Artery (Kevin and Gail Smith) will be cooking the Backyard on Sunday.

C'mon by.

QN - you traveling up this year?

The Giggler
09-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Great to have you in NY again! You flyin in again?

Word is The Rabbit will be running! Kansas, unlike our wonderful State, allows and promotes the purchase and use of supremely efficient, new, diesel automobiles (cars to the lay-person).... I am really anxious to hear how LITTLE fuel the Gronemans use this trip out. Have a safe trip guys!

Andy and Kim - I, for one, am very proud of you. Your decision to forgoe convenience and speedy travel, for a romantic and fuel efficient motor trip, is inspiring to those of us in the Green Movement. The environment thanks you for your consideration, as you minimize your carbon footprint. :roll:

comfrank
09-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Doghouse Willie will be there for the KCBS comp. If anyone finds a site map, please post it!

--frank in Wilson, NY

QN
09-10-2009, 02:12 PM
The BBQ Circus can be seen during the whole weekend. Mr Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars will be cooking KCBS, and The 5th Artery (Kevin and Gail Smith) will be cooking the Backyard on Sunday.

C'mon by.

QN - you traveling up this year?

Won't be able to make it this year. Ya'll have a cold one for me! Good luck with the comp. Definitely a good contest there at the pumpkin farm.

Nitrofly
09-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey Mark

Will we see you at the Jack?

smknwhlswife
09-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Dates are Sep 25 / 26 for Oink

Oops!!:oops:

HoDeDo
09-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Word is The Rabbit will be running! Kansas, unlike our wonderful State, allows and promotes the purchase and use of supremely efficient, new, diesel automobiles (cars to the lay-person).... I am really anxious to hear how LITTLE fuel the Gronemans use this trip out. Have a safe trip guys!

Andy and Kim - I, for one, am very proud of you. Your decision to forgoe convenience and speedy travel, for a romantic and fuel efficient motor trip, is inspiring to those of us in the Green Movement. The environment thanks you for your consideration, as you minimize your carbon footprint. :roll:

That plan changed somewhat tonight... the FEC fairy is bringing a cooker, so we will not be in the rabbit as planned.... BUT, the diesel truck is a 6.7l Cummins bluetec, and the lowest emission diesel truck in production. So our carbon footprint will be very low still...:-P

U2CANQUE
09-11-2009, 04:53 AM
That plan changed somewhat tonight all is the same still, right?

QN
09-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Hey Mark

Will we see you at the Jack?

Well, you can remind Lunchmeat that meat inspection will start at 8am on Friday morning....
BAAAHHHHHHBQQQUUUUE!!!

does that sum it up?

I think that's a yes!

Swinebuck
09-11-2009, 01:43 PM
My son Neil (Head cook for Swinebucks) just moved to Buffalo NY and will be judging. I don't know if he will be wearing the Swinebucks green & white. Hope you guys get to meet him and talk BBQ
Thanks
Mike

smknwhlswife
09-14-2009, 01:58 PM
If anyone wants anything from KC, let me know! We are driving up so we have room to transport things.:wink:

pigmaker23
09-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Frozen Custard from that place in the mall by your house...LOL

BubbaBones
09-16-2009, 12:30 PM
I will be attending as a judge.

I am not sure if the Brethren hats or aprons are done yet. If so will there be anyone who will be bringing extras so that I may purchase one?

smknwhlswife
09-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Frozen Custard from that place in the mall by your house...LOL

I'll do my best!:wink:

Diva Q
09-16-2009, 07:17 PM
we are coming in for this this one. For the first time ever all 3 of our children will be there. Oh my goodness. (they are 3, 5 & 11 Gabe, Ella & Lexi) this is going to a challenge for sure.

HoDeDo
09-16-2009, 11:07 PM
we are coming in for this this one. For the first time ever all 3 of our children will be there. Oh my goodness. (they are 3, 5 & 11 Gabe, Ella & Lexi) this is going to a challenge for sure.

Sorry the girls won't be with us!!! they would have had a blast together.

lunchlady
09-17-2009, 08:24 AM
For the first time ever all 3 of our children will be there. Oh my goodness. (they are 3, 5 & 11 Gabe, Ella & Lexi) this is going to a challenge for sure.

You can do it, don't worry! They'll have a GREAT TIME! Just have the 11 year old take them over to the kid's area from 11:30 to 1:45, and give them a cell and plenty of money... with the instructions NOT to come back with a rabbit for a pet!
Or, just hook up the VCR or PS2... :mrgreen:

BEWARE that big black slide is WICKED FAST!!!!! (hence the sign on it)
Prolly a little too fast for 3 and 5 yr olds... IMO.
Try it yourself and see...
Last year I had a woman (a nurse I found out) come up to me at 11:45 to tell me that my son, who is 10, may have sprained his ankle... he stupidly jumped off the little train cuz someone dared him. ????
Needless to say I was piggy-backing him (120 lbs :shock:) to our site while I was supposed to be getting the chicken in the box!

I am SO bummed out... it looks like lunchmeat is not going out to the Oink this year so any chance of a 4-peat is gone, gone, gone...

It's the final leg of the Empire State Championship and that there is one tight race! I'll be waiting with bated breath to hear results so all y'all that post from events... please do!

Best of Luck to EVERYONE! we'll miss ya!

goodsmokebbq
09-17-2009, 09:34 AM
You can do it, don't worry! They'll have a GREAT TIME! Just have the 11 year old take them over to the kid's area from 11:30 to 1:45, and give them a cell and plenty of money... with the instructions NOT to come back with a rabbit for a pet!
Or, just hook up the VCR or PS2... :mrgreen:

BEWARE that big black slide is WICKED FAST!!!!! (hence the sign on it)
Prolly a little too fast for 3 and 5 yr olds... IMO.
Try it yourself and see...
Last year I had a woman (a nurse I found out) come up to me at 11:45 to tell me that my son, who is 10, may have sprained his ankle... he stupidly jumped off the little train cuz someone dared him. ????
Needless to say I was piggy-backing him (120 lbs :shock:) to our site while I was supposed to be getting the chicken in the box!

I am SO bummed out... it looks like lunchmeat is not going out to the Oink this year so any chance of a 4-peat is gone, gone, gone...

It's the final leg of the Empire State Championship and that there is one tight race! I'll be waiting with bated breath to hear results so all y'all that post from events... please do!

Best of Luck to EVERYONE! we'll miss ya!

You will be MISSED! It won't seem like Oink with out ya.

Don't forget the BBQ Brethren in Sayville (problably forgot because you will be busy that weekend :-P) which will be the last Empire State Championship Contest.

Heed the warning on the black slide, is all I'm saying.

The Giggler
09-17-2009, 12:28 PM
lunchmeat - you guys will definitely be missed.

Diva Q
09-17-2009, 06:35 PM
You guys re going to be missed for sure.

lunchlady
09-17-2009, 08:34 PM
aww shucks... thanks guys... I'll be there in spirit.
HEY!... Maybe you could get George to set up a webcam?

(sorry about letting Sayville slip my mind...)

U2CANQUE
09-18-2009, 06:56 AM
Maybe you could get George to set up a webcam? That could ALMOST be a very scary thing........will miss you guys....but, see you soon on down the line...

The Giggler
09-18-2009, 08:07 AM
HEY!... Maybe you could get George to set up a webcam?

That's not such a good idea. A web cam might overload the circuits.... :roll:

bbqpitstop
09-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Congrats on going to the Jack, Giggler and Lunchmeat.....and yes there will be plenty of electric at the oink cause I'm bringing southern comfort soaked cherries and we'll all be glowing throughout the night.

Hmmmm....what would I like from Kansas City? Damn......
1. Chicken Tortilla soup from the brewery in River Market
2. Dog bowls from the garden center at Planters Seed
3. New kitchen gadgets from Function Junction at the Plaza
4. A "smokey" from Winslows
5. A customized delivery van from Fiorella Jackstack
And if you wouldn't mind, make a trip to Emporia and grab my girlfriend Mandy out of the original Desperados and make her come up to see me.

You did say you were bringing a truck ?

The Giggler
09-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Congrats on going to the Jack, Giggler and Lunchmeat.....and yes there will be plenty of electric at the oink cause I'm bringing southern comfort soaked cherries and we'll all be glowing throughout the night.

And if you wouldn't mind, make a trip to Emporia and grab my girlfriend Mandy out of the original Desperados and make her come up to see me.

I'm thinking that those Southern Comfort soaked cherries might work really well in some cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Yummy!

U2CANQUE
09-22-2009, 07:57 AM
has George released the set up yet?

jbiesinger
09-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Diva, our 5 yr old girl will be around some of friday and most of saturday. She loves to play with others, but can be a bit shy initially. Maybe we can hook them up.

as of now, the weather outlook is great. Yesterday, we had some rain for the first time in a while, which got me worried, but it looks clear after thursday.

what's oinktoberfest without lunchmeat....and 8 ball?

goodsmokebbq
09-22-2009, 12:51 PM
My two little ones will be around causing trouble...

U2CANQUE
09-22-2009, 01:50 PM
My two little ones will be around causing trouble...
you mean your kids, not your teammates, right?:twisted:

jbiesinger
09-22-2009, 01:54 PM
maybe george can set aside a pen at the petting zoo for us.

goodsmokebbq
09-22-2009, 03:34 PM
maybe george can set aside a pen at the petting zoo for us.

Now your thinking...

goodsmokebbq
09-22-2009, 03:34 PM

Another great idea...

HoDeDo
09-22-2009, 06:02 PM

DUDE!!! Plan ahead! I could have nailed it all but the van (towing a camper, so no dolly for one of thier vans.)

I drove through Emporia last weekend on my way home from Ponca City....
I was at scavuzzo's grabbing briskets yesterday... so could have nailed all the downtown stuff!!

We live out west, about 5 miles south of Lansing, near the speedway/dubs dread.

HoDeDo
09-22-2009, 06:04 PM

Does that make you our kid this weekend LOL....

U2CANQUE
09-22-2009, 06:21 PM
and a partridge in a pear tree.....

U2CANQUE
09-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Does that make you our kid this weekend LOL....well, lets see, let me practice......."but Dad, everyone else is drinking Jack"......."Dad, come on, all the other teams are squirting that lady in the white t-shirt with water guns".......yeah, I think I would qualify.......but, you are sleeping in the "stuffed animal" room.......:twisted:....and I will use blackmale if I catch you sleeping with one of them....or, strategically placed....lol

smknwhlswife
09-22-2009, 07:45 PM
well, lets see, let me practice......."but Dad, everyone else is drinking Jack"......."Dad, come on, all the other teams are squirting that lady in the white t-shirt with water guns".......yeah, I think I would qualify.......but, you are sleeping in the "stuffed animal" room.......:twisted:....and I will use blackmale if I catch you sleeping with one of them....or, strategically placed....lol

hehehehe

The Giggler
09-22-2009, 08:12 PM
has George released the set up yet?

Here's the link for the map.

http://www.oinktoberfest.com/teammap.html (http://www.oinktoberfest.com/teammap.html)

The tongue of my trailer will be on the edge of your site, Brendan. The door will open towards the center Isle. We're putting the trailer to weather this year! :biggrin:

TooSaucedToPork
09-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Hi Ya'll!

My fiancee and I just moved to Buffalo from Memphis 3 weeks ago. We will be judging Sat and Sun. See you soon!

Neil Gallagher
Swinebucks BBQ

The Anchorman
09-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Good Luck to all! Go get em Mr. Bobo and the All Stars!

The Giggler
09-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Good Luck to all! Go get em Mr. Bobo and the All Stars!

Thanks Ray!

The Anchorman
09-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks Ray!

That was one of my favorite contests! Awesome organizer, good time for all the family!

ac30
09-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Since I live right down the street, I'll be trying to stop by tomorrow. The only problem is I'll have 2 butts, 3 racks of ribs, 20 ABT's and a fatty on the smoker for the houseful we'll be having over Sunday for the Bills game.
Still, I'd be hard pressed to miss a chance to see the pros in action.

Now if only there were a beer tent....Oh wait!

WannaBeBBQueen
09-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Way to go Andy & Kim!! Whoo HOOOO!! Congrats!! Hotter than hot!!

U2CANQUE
09-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Congrats to Andy and Kim....way to run rough shot over the NE.....was a great weekend....had a blast....and always remember, "the damn juice is behind my head".....:twisted:

ique
09-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Congrats Andy and Kim!

Crap look at the winning score! Western NY lives up to its reputation again... a 680 :shock:

bbqbull
09-27-2009, 07:19 AM
Way to go Andy & Kim!! Whoo HOOOO!! Congrats!! Hotter than hot!!

Congrats Andy & Kim!

SmokeInDaEye
09-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Congrats Andy and Kim!

Crap look at the winning score! Western NY lives up to its reputation again... a 680 :shock:

Where you seeing results, Chris?

Congrats, Andy and Kim! A warm up to next weekend, huh?