PDA

View Full Version : used Klose smoker for sale

badger
09-08-2003, 12:03 AM
I found a used Klose smoker for sale in the Bay Area for $300.00. I took a look at it today, it is your typical sideways barrel with a fire box. The smoke chamber has two doors. Maybe 6 feet in length.

custom built around '85
in very nice shape on the outside
very used on the inside, looked like it was pitted a bit with a little rust.
shipped from Texas out to California when he moved here.
shook the hell out of it and it did not budge!

This thing was impressive to say the least! I gave him $100.00 to hold it for me until I can get a few guys and a trialer to pick it up.

What do you guys think? How much work do I need to do to clean up the inside, or do I even need to?

I figured the shiping alone is worth at least $300.00.

John

chad
09-08-2003, 07:47 AM
I'd clean the grates build a fire and cook something. It is apparently seasoned alread so unless the current owner has been using nasty wood to you should be ready to go. The appearance issue is up to you -- you'll find out if anything's loose (welds, bolts, etc) when you move that bit Dawg! For that price I wouldn't sweat the internal "pitting" -- I'm sure Phil can provide more info but it sounds like you're getting a pretty good deal.

BBQchef33
09-08-2003, 08:39 AM
6 foot horizontal? Personal preferences aside(I like verticals) a Klose Horizontal for 300 bucks? who gives a ****! go get it!!! Details dont even matter as to what options it has....its 300 bucks!!! 20 bucks more than a Bandera at HD.

Dont clean inside, if the pitting is inside, whirewheel it down and reseason it. If its outside, hi temp rustoleum is it. Go get that bad boy!!! NOW!!!!

Oldtimer
09-08-2003, 09:27 AM
If it wasn't in California I come get it myself. I was banned from the state several years ago. Lite a cigarette in the city park of LA and was thrown out. :oops:

chad
09-08-2003, 09:28 AM
To bad it wasn't a joint -- you'd probably be running for governor now :D

david
09-08-2003, 09:51 AM
If you don't want it, for that price I'll even make the 10 hour drive down from portland.

badger
09-08-2003, 10:48 AM
Personal preferences aside(I like verticals) a Klose Horizontal for 300 bucks?

I too love my new vertical Bandera, the Klose will take the place of my current horizontal (NB Black Diamond) and I plan on doing the LP mod to the NB Black Diamond (much cheaper than a new gas grill).

If you don't want it, for that price I'll even make the 10 hour drive down from portland.

I gave the guy $100.00 to hold it for me until I can get a few guys and a trailer over there.

david
09-08-2003, 11:17 AM

I gave the guy $100.00 to hold it for me until I can get a few guys and a trailer over there.

Just giving you options :D

badger
09-08-2003, 11:47 AM

Just giving you options :Dok...ok... you buy it and I will help you load it and tie is down. when it falls off don't worry about it, I will take good care of it. :)