PDA

View Full Version : Stumps platinum series

Jacked UP BBQ
08-28-2009, 02:59 PM
What is your thought on these cookers. Do they cost a lot to run? Are they durable? How is the product? How many butts at one time?

Any feed back would be great, positive or negative. My friend needs something to cook for the masses and he is really liking these. I just told him to always ask you guys first.

HIT ME:biggrin::eek:

smokinit
08-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey bud is he looking at anything else I can give him the Matt discount on a BWS:biggrin:

tony76248
08-31-2009, 07:38 AM
I do not own a platinum series, but I do own a stumps. From what I have heard, they are as conservative with charcoal as the GF models. I cooked this weekend and lit my GF223 at 2PM on Friday and last night (Sun) at 8PM I still had 225 degrees. That was one 18lb bag of charcoal. I am not too sure about the durability, time will tell. I have a few rust issues, mine is 3 years old this November.

Like any cooker there are the pros and cons. Mostly all pros, but with a few cons. It will all depend with how much weight you place on them as to whether the cons even matter to you. Biggest con at this time is the stumps prices, I believe that the cooker has gone up almost $1k since I bought mine. After shipping it might be advantageous to purchase a used one or to buy locally. My shipping was over $400.

I was also under the impression that Stump was going to shy away from the platinum series and go back to the GF series. That said, I don't fawn over the stumps forum as some of the homers do, so might be off on that topic.

BigJimsBBQ
08-31-2009, 02:10 PM
My old Cook-Off partner sold his Lang 84 and got a Stumps Platinum 4. It is very efficient (Gravity Fed Charcoal Chute and Fully Insulated). He also uses a Guru and it stays dead on temp. In fact he Loved his Stump P-4 so well, he became the Texas distributor when he moved last year http://www.texasupinsmoke.com/index.htm

P-4 = 320lb Butts ($4.8K)
P-5 = 450lb Butts ($5.8K)
P-6 = 600lb Butts ($6.9K)

They also make smaller Vertical Comp models as the P Series is there Horizontal larger smokers.

Hope that helped...

chopshop
09-17-2009, 07:47 PM
man i put you to the test of finding out about a smoker and you getter done.
can you get the matt discount on anything else? disney tickets. underwear. webkinz? any kinda discount will help