PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Stith, Big Creek BBQ, announces candidacy for KCBS Board

Diva
08-21-2009, 07:24 PM
It was announced that Jeff Stith is putting his hat in the ring for the KCBS Board of Directors!

Scottie
08-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Good luck bro!!!

Now let's get someone from NEBS to run as well.

MilitantSquatter
08-21-2009, 09:26 PM
good luck Jeff !!!

I'll look forward to reading about your formal position on many of the issues and your ideas ideas for future direction of KCBS that would touch all existing and future potential members.

(Don't worry - we won't dig up old posts !! :wink: )

Hey wait... does this mean I need to renew my KCBS membership ? :eek:

Diva
08-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Go to www.votejeffkcbs.com

Just Pulin' Pork
08-21-2009, 09:55 PM
He has my vote! Go for it Jeff. You just made me renew my membership!

BBQ Grail
08-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Go to www.votejeffkcbs.com (http://www.votejeffkcbs.com)

Nice sight. A real campaign!

Can I get a button to wear?

The Pickled Pig
08-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Very nice...a great display of your passion and interest. Good luck Jeff!

moocow
08-22-2009, 12:04 AM
I heard it first hand tonight from the man himself! Good luck Jeff, We will do whatever we can for ya!

Captain Caveman
08-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Good luck Jeff! You have our support.

Sledneck
08-22-2009, 04:33 AM
my condolences:tongue:

SloppyQ
08-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Nice, guess I should have made the trip to Harrisonville last night. Good luck Jeff.

ThomEmery
08-22-2009, 08:20 AM
It will be interesting to see where you stand on "the issues" Jeff

Bigdog
08-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Where do I get my "I Like Jeff" button? Just make sure mine has the usual crooked lettering. :-P:mrgreen::wink:

BBQ_Mayor
08-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Good luck Jeff. You have my vote!

Exe-que-tioner
08-22-2009, 12:13 PM
You can count on our votes Jeff!

stan
08-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Good luck brother! You know you have my vote.

HoDeDo
08-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Good luck Jeff, I'm sure your focus and dedication will get you far. Thanks for putting your hat in the ring.

watertowerbbq
08-22-2009, 09:14 PM
I wonder if he is opinionated? :rolleyes: :-D

Good luck Jeff.

Didn't some guy named Phil run once before? :rolleyes:

Plowboy
08-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Like his political idol, his campaign is based on change.

Good luck, Jeffbama!!!

Plowboy
08-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Website is great. A nice touch.

Jeff_in_KC
08-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks guys! This has been a topic of much discussion around the house and with a handful of others over the last couple of weeks. Steph said she was going to nominate me and I first had to discuss it with my family before saying I'd accept her nomination. Of course official nominations don't take place until October 1 but she emailed the KCBS office to let them know her intentions. Thanks to her for her support and belief in me.

I will be building more into my Web site in the coming weeks but the basis of my campaign is that the cooks need a voice on the BOD and I want to be that voice. Last night, I told the group assembled for the potluck dinner that you can count on the fact that if elected, I will be accessible and I will listen to you and ask questions. All of my votes will be made with all of you in mind. Also, you will never see any committee I might chair listed as having "no report" in the monthly minutes. All of this is not to say that I won't represent any member of the KCBS but you can take it to the bank that I'll have the wishes of the cooks in mind in my voting.

Thanks for the support I've received already so early in the process! I look forward to an exciting next few months!

Just Pulin' Pork
08-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Jeff thanks for running for the board. You are perfect for this position.

Jeff_in_KC
08-23-2009, 01:32 PM

Thanks Jon. Don't know if "perfect" is the right word but if I am fortunate enough to have this happen, I'll do my very best and our cooks will be represented. :wink:

bbqbull
08-23-2009, 04:20 PM

Thanks for throwing your hat into the ring Jeff.

If your on the ballet its the only reason I will renew my dues, just to vote!

The_Kapn
08-23-2009, 04:51 PM
my condolences:tongue:

What Sled said.

But, if you can keep some of your sanity, you should do well on the board.

Good Luck.

TIM

KC_Bobby
08-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Which board members are ending their terms this year?

Spydermike72
08-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Jeff, you have my support, but if I may ask a question. If Elected and a scenario comes up to a vote, and in this scenario it will benefit the membership as a whole and not the cooks, how would you vote ?

Now having asked that, I cannot foresee any scenario that would have that outcome, but you never know. I also know it is early, but it was something that hit me. I will also ask all candidates the same question. As I said, you have my support!!

Jeff_in_KC
08-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Jeff, you have my support, but if I may ask a question. If Elected and a scenario comes up to a vote, and in this scenario it will benefit the membership as a whole and not the cooks, how would you vote ?

Now having asked that, I cannot foresee any scenario that would have that outcome, but you never know. I also know it is early, but it was something that hit me. I will also ask all candidates the same question. As I said, you have my support!!

If it benefits the membership as a whole, that includes the cooks, right? :wink: If you're asking if I'd vote in favor of something that was good in general but at the expense of the cooks (key part there), I would vote against it. Reason is that without the cooks, there is no KCBS and no need for anyone else associated with competitive barbeque. I will remain a cook myself and will listen to what cooks tell me they think and carry all of those opinions to the board room with me to vote. That's my campaign commitment - to be an advocate for the cooks.

Now on the other hand... if something is good for the KCBS and I've learned through my discussions at board meetings that it would not be detrimental to cooks, I would try to explain to as many cooks as possible. At that point, I just try to do what's right. However, I know that all of the cooks I've ever met know their stuff and would be able to recognize something good for the KCBS so I'm thinking that, like you said, Mike, this won't become an issue.

Rookie'48
08-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Are you giving out free razors as a campaign gimmick :twisted: ?

Hell, if Steph gives you the "okey-dokey" then you might be all right :biggrin:. Good luck, Jeff. Let me know if I can help.

Jeff_in_KC
08-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks for throwing your hat into the ring Jeff.

If your on the ballet its the only reason I will renew my dues, just to vote!

Wow, thanks Mike! I'm honored! Jus Pullin Pork Jon said the same thing, as did Vinny (kind of! :lol: ). Those kind of comments are the reason I decided to do this in the first place - Barbequers are good humans and I want to help make sure the Board doesn't forget their opinions and concerns!