View Full Version : Staying Legal

The Pigman
08-20-2009, 11:09 AM
A small bar is wanting to do a Laua night and is wanting me to do the cooking with my smoker there. Around 100 people that they are selling tickets for. They have a kitchen and food permit for their building. I do not whereas I have only done private parties at private properties. How do I get around the board of health???? My truck is not done so I do not have my food lic. yet. Want to stay legal whereas I do not want any thing to go wrong. We can prep the food inside their kitchen and serve using their items.

C Rocke
08-20-2009, 11:28 AM
It would seem that if you use their kitchen and facility, you become a contractor or personal chef for the event. In most cases, "occasional" outdoor cooking is not a problem. Might be best to have the bar owner approach his Health inspector to ask the question.

Bbq Bubba
08-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Become an employee for the event using their kitchen & license.

The Pigman
08-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks Bubba

08-20-2009, 06:35 PM
+1 on becoming an "employee" The biggest thing you have to remember is that you want to cover yourself in case people get "a little sick" as you want the liability OFF of you.

08-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Here that would be a chef for hire and all of there insurance an lic. apply. Check with your health inspector. He will give you all the information you need.

08-20-2009, 07:19 PM
if it's under their name & license you are golden.. nuff said...........