PDA

View Full Version : Me

parrothead
08-22-2003, 09:52 AM
I am Greg Smith.

I live in Northern Illinois.

Just turned 36.

Going through the big D and I don't mean dallas.
She would say "I'm tired of eating smoked food", that's just wrong.

I have 2 partners in a little company we call Spectrum Technical Services. We do engineering work for cable tv companies all over the country (currently St. Louis, west Chicago suburbs, Memphis, and some small towns in Idaho and Oklahoma).

In the mean time I have to help my soon to be ex set up a bridal and cake shop. Part of our agreement (that and a house). Enough about that.

I love outdoor cooking of every type and style. I have enough gear to choke a farking whale, so I bought a 5 by 10 enclosed trailor, biult shelves in it, and affectionately call it my chuckwagon. I also built a big ass portable. Doesn't look great, but works pretty darn good. I use these to cook for partys that my friends or neighbors are having. All just for the hell of it.

I have had a bandera for about 2 years now, and a coleman gas grill.

Oh yeah, love buffett, hence the moniker "parrothead".

I love the good natured banter here! I think I found a home! Thanks to all who made feel welcome right from the start!

Wishin I could make bash II,
Greg

parrothead
08-22-2003, 09:57 AM
Almost forgot, I love rice! but can't have it cause of atkins

Oldtimer
08-22-2003, 10:09 AM
Great excuse can I use it ?

Almost forgot, I love rice! but can't have it cause of atkins

threesticks
11-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Hey Greg-
Grew up in Chicago, went to SIU, visited DeKalb a few time (from what I remember).
Where you at? (beside N. Ill)

Chuck (aka threesticks)

parrothead
11-14-2003, 12:56 PM
Hell, I used to go to Dekalb all the time on weekends to party with my friends that were in college there. I live near Morris, about 20 min southwest of Joliet. Grew up in Dixon.

Oldtimer
11-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Never been to Dekalb but worked for them once. Got a Uncle near Peoria maybe you guys and Bill should meet up with him. He is a Baptist preacher. :roll:

tommykendall
11-14-2003, 01:15 PM
I have enough gear to choke a farking whale, so I bought a 5 by 10 enclosed trailor, biult shelves in it, and affectionately call it my chuckwagon. I also built a big ass portable. Doesn't look great, but works pretty darn good.

Can I be Pitbitch at B3?

willkat98
11-14-2003, 01:34 PM
Going through the big D and I don't mean dallas.

We do engineering work for cable tv companies all over the country (currently St. Louis, west Chicago suburbs).

In the mean time I have to help my soon to be ex set up a bridal and cake shop.

I have enough gear to choke a farking whale,
I also built a big ass portable

Oh yeah, love buffett,

I love the good natured banter here! I think I found a home! Thanks to all who made feel welcome right from the start!

Wishin I could make bash II,

If my selective editing gets the jist, then your girlfriend is a D cup and your working your way through it, your the farker that been farking with my cable, your setting up and probably catering your previous wifes next wedding (nice guy), you fish alot, you are proud of the fact that you make port-a-pottys for large rear ended people, you like this kind of thing I'm writing now, and you offered to host Bash 3.

Did I read your bio correctly?

Seriously Greg, glad I found your other site and we hooked up. I was shocked you hadn't posted a bio, cuz I knew all this stuff already.

And it's people like you and the rest that make this a great site, not a great site that you just came across.

Mark
11-14-2003, 04:51 PM
I love buffetts too. So much in fact that I've been kicked out of them on more than one occaision. Mind you these were "all you can eat" buffets, I learned the true meaning of that when the manager came up to me and said "that's all you can eat, now get the hell out."

Oldtimer
11-14-2003, 06:09 PM
Never been to a buffetts concert.

parrothead
11-15-2003, 08:31 AM
I was shocked you hadn't posted a bio,

I did post one. Look at the date. It says August.

parrothead
11-15-2003, 08:33 AM
Can I be Pitbitch at B3?

Anytime TK

willkat98
11-15-2003, 09:56 PM
Greg
It was good talking to you today.

When are you going to be back in St Louis?

Need to know, cuz of package deliveries and such.