PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment Norwalk CT Bar*B*Q Pit September 11 -13, 2009

utopiacsp
08-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Thirty days to go…The BBQ Pit @ the Norwalk Oyster Festival becomes a reality…. we are very excited here in Norwalk, CT about our first BBQ / Grilling contest. The event is located at Veterans Park on Long Island Sound and we expect over 40,000 to attend the 33d annual Norwalk Oyster Festival.

The BBQ Pit event… over $20,000 in cash prizes guaranteed… 20’x 20’ sites…on site parking….prizes paid to the 10th place…. easily accessible water & electricity at your site….cash prizes for best site, three people’s choice awards… with cash prizes… KCBS & NEBS certified… certified Connecticut Championship….. 100% certified judges…. free oysters…. welcome dinner, Friday night…. full breakfast Saturday AND Sunday morning…. shuttle vehicles for the “I forgot to get” store runs… We have openings available …… sign up now, no late fee charges…check us out at www.NorwalkBBQ.com…… for questions contact us at info@NorwalkBBQ.com

MilitantSquatter
08-12-2009, 08:53 PM
how many teams have signed up so far ?

Lakeside Smoker
08-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Sent in the app today.

trohrs123
08-13-2009, 05:48 PM
T'N'T Dynamite BBQ is in!!

Jacked UP BBQ
08-13-2009, 09:28 PM
We are in!

pigmaker23
08-14-2009, 09:23 PM
How Many Teams Signed up so far.

Thirty days to go…The BBQ Pit @ the Norwalk Oyster Festival becomes a reality…. we are very excited here in Norwalk, CT about our first BBQ / Grilling contest. The event is located at Veterans Park on Long Island Sound and we expect over 40,000 to attend the 33d annual Norwalk Oyster Festival.

The BBQ Pit event… over $20,000 in cash prizes guaranteed… 20’x 20’ sites…on site parking….prizes paid to the 10th place…. easily accessible water & electricity at your site….cash prizes for best site, three people’s choice awards… with cash prizes… KCBS & NEBS certified… certified Connecticut Championship….. 100% certified judges…. free oysters…. welcome dinner, Friday night…. full breakfast Saturday AND Sunday morning…. shuttle vehicles for the “I forgot to get” store runs… We have openings available …… sign up now, no late fee charges…check us out at www.NorwalkBBQ.com…… (http://www.NorwalkBBQ.com……) for questions contact us at info@NorwalkBBQ.com

rbsnwngs
08-15-2009, 05:18 AM
were in

gb7488
08-15-2009, 09:17 PM
I think at lasy count there 22 with a dozen verbals - we're guessing based on phone calls and verbals to be about 35 total

gb7488
08-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Spent a lot of time planning this with the teams wants & needs in mind. Got rid of the late fee, added a chowder cook off. It's going to be a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing you there.

greg

CTSmokehouse
08-16-2009, 09:43 PM
I think at lasy count there 22 with a dozen verbals - we're guessing based on phone calls and verbals to be about 35 total

Your Lasy count does not add up...

Perhaps your entry fee is tooo.....high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verbals don't count.................!!!!!

You have 22...period!!!! Have a nice contest!!!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

nancee
08-22-2009, 09:44 AM
WTF??? Am I part of the 22<G>???!!!
Nancee

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

nancee
08-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Greg
What are the rules for the chowda contest? As we start building this thing next weekend, I am getting psyched!!!
Nancee

Spent a lot of time planning this with the teams wants & needs in mind. Got rid of the late fee, added a chowder cook off. It's going to be a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing you there.

greg

Jacked UP BBQ
08-22-2009, 09:52 AM
We will be there. I want a piece of that 20k prize money. I am not sure why anybody wouldn't???? I paid 250 for a comp and got 40 for third place brisket.

bbqdavarrow
08-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Also looking forward to this, sounds like it will be a great event, competitor friendly, and it doesn't hurt that it is only 20 minutes away!
dave
red planet bbq

pigmaker23
08-22-2009, 09:27 PM
The Traveling BBQ Circus will be attending, and cooking whole hog with a special guest :-D

bbqdavarrow
08-23-2009, 07:09 AM
does anybody know if the oyster fest has a web site? is there music at the oyster fest? (Nancee do you know?)
dave

bbqdavarrow
08-23-2009, 07:26 AM
does anybody know if the oyster fest has a web site? is there music at the oyster fest? (Nancee do you know?)
dave
nevermind, In answered my own question. Yesterday when I searched it I couldn't find it.:roll:
Chuck Wicks country music singer friday night 9pm
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Saturday 9m
Beatlemania Sunday 6pm

norwalkbbq
08-23-2009, 08:22 AM
In addition, we will also have a stage set up for bands to play in the competition area all weekend long. There is also a dinner on Friday night for all competitors and their team members and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning and, of course, Oysters.....Though you will be working hard for a piece of that 20k...we want to make sure that you have fun, too... If you have any other questions...please feel free to contact me at johnv@norwalkbbq.com

norwalkbbq
08-23-2009, 03:42 PM

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Cliff,
Up until recently, you were very positive about our event....what happened to make you go sour on us? The prizes remain the same dollar amount regardless of the number of competitors...Why wouldn't you be in???? Even if you place seventh in all KCBS categories...you would win back your entry fee. To sweeten the pot, the chicken wing competition on Friday night pays $500 to the first place winner and we supply the wings!!!!! Please check the prize payout at our website and you will see the many opportunities to win! You are a local guy and this should be right up your alley. What is it going to take to get you in? Understand, too, that this is charity event and all our proceeds go to the prevention of child abuse. Help us make this a grand event! Please feel free to contact me at JOHNV@NORWALKBBQ.COM and we can make this happen for you and anyone else who is interested.
Yours in BBQ
John Vuoso
Norwalk BBQ Pit
Proud Member of The Norwalk Exchange Club

TB Barberque
08-25-2009, 10:10 AM
I have already signed up and wondering if the wings for friday nights contest are provided by norwalkbbq or do we bring our own? How is the wing competition judged (only peoples choice?)?
Also do you provide the clams for the chowder cook-off?

dreed
08-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Three men and Baby back are in.

SmokeInDaEye
08-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Sounds like a good contest. Considering it depending on how my schedule plays out over the next week or so.

norwalkbbq
08-25-2009, 01:51 PM
I have already signed up and wondering if the wings for friday nights contest are provided by norwalkbbq or do we bring our own? How is the wing competition judged (only peoples choice?)?
Also do you provide the clams for the chowder cook-off?

Yes, We provide the wings,>
Wings are 100% peoples choice>
Chowder we supply the clams>
Cooks package will be sent out this week with all information which will include a special entry pass to enter the park!
ciao in bbq

John V
Norwalk Bbq
Proud Member Norwalk Exchange Club

dreed
08-26-2009, 08:12 AM
When is the chowder turn-in? Friday night?

norwalkbbq
08-26-2009, 10:42 AM
When is the chowder turn-in? Friday night?

Chowder Cook Off is a peoples choice award by 16:30hrs Saturday .
I hope this answer your question, if not,please feel free to contact me @johnv@norwalkbbq.com
Hope to see you there!

ciao in bbq,
johnv
Norwalk bbq

rbsnwngs
08-27-2009, 05:33 AM
the Chowder is it New England or MANHATTAN

norwalkbbq
08-27-2009, 07:46 AM
the Chowder is it New England or MANHATTAN
Good morning,
Its a chowder cook off you cook which ever will make you WIN !!

However we will supply CLAMS and the CREAM !

Hope that answer your question

ciao in bbq
John V
Norwalk Bbq

Proud Member of the Norwalk Exchange Club

rbsnwngs
08-27-2009, 09:19 AM
a creamy Mahattan sounds good LOL

Jacked UP BBQ
08-27-2009, 09:29 AM
a creamy Mahattan sounds good LOL

I think the bostonians took credit for that!!!!:-?

CTSmokehouse
08-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Yes, We provide the wings,>
Wings are 100% peoples choice>
Chowder we supply the clams>
Cooks package will be sent out this week with all information which will include a special entry pass to enter the park!
ciao in bbq

John V
Norwalk Bbq

What kind of clams are they... Quahogs (Chowder) etc...? How about the "Free" Oysters...are they native Blue Points? Why are you doing Clam Chowder at an Oyster Festitval...? enquiring minds want to know...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Ridgefield BBQ
Proud Member Ridgefield Rotary Club...
Purple Primal Smoker Turtle...

CTSmokehouse
08-27-2009, 11:22 PM
WTF??? Am I part of the 22<G>???!!!
Nancee

Better chances ... Go Turtles!!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

CTSmokehouse
08-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Cliff,
Up until recently, you were very positive about our event....what happened to make you go sour on us? The prizes remain the same dollar amount regardless of the number of competitors...Why wouldn't you be in???? Even if you place seventh in all KCBS categories...you would win back your entry fee. To sweeten the pot, the chicken wing competition on Friday night pays $500 to the first place winner and we supply the wings!!!!! Please check the prize payout at our website and you will see the many opportunities to win! You are a local guy and this should be right up your alley. What is it going to take to get you in? Understand, too, that this is charity event and all our proceeds go to the prevention of child abuse. Help us make this a grand event! Please feel free to contact me at JOHNV@NORWALKBBQ.COM and we can make this happen for you and anyone else who is interested.
Yours in BBQ
John Vuoso
Norwalk BBQ Pit
Proud Member of The Norwalk Exchange Club

Not sour at all...I hope that your event is a great success..!!!

I really could care less about the cash prizes...in fact I do it just for fun...and think that what you are doing is really great for the community...

Alot more teams would be inclined to participate with a more customary entrance fee...

You have an extremely busy schedule for Saturday with a ton of turn ins... before a KCBS contest... not to mention the Whole Hog Competition and the People Choices Wings, Chowder etc...

It looks like a burn out weekend for most... and for me less is more....

I will be competing at your event with some really good friends and the Home Town Favorites ....

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

norwalkbbq
08-28-2009, 12:57 PM
What kind of clams are they... Quahogs (Chowder) etc...? How about the "Free" Oysters...are they native Blue Points? Why are you doing Clam Chowder at an Oyster Festitval...? enquiring minds want to know...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Ridgefield BBQ
Proud Member Ridgefield Rotary Club...
Purple Primal Smoker Turtle...

Hi Cliff, Clams are Quahogs,The "Free" Oysters are Native Blue Points Donated by Bloom Bros.and lastly since this is a peoples choice contest more people like clam chowder rather than Oyster Chowder its as simple as that .
Thanks for inquiring......
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

norwalkbbq
08-29-2009, 07:16 AM
Not sour at all...I hope that your event is a great success..!!!

I really could care less about the cash prizes...in fact I do it just for fun...and think that what you are doing is really great for the community...

Alot more teams would be inclined to participate with a more customary entrance fee...

You have an extremely busy schedule for Saturday with a ton of turn ins... before a KCBS contest... not to mention the Whole Hog Competition and the People Choices Wings, Chowder etc...

It looks like a burn out weekend for most... and for me less is more....

I will be competing at your event with some really good friends and the Home Town Favorites ....

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Cliff ,Were glad you will be on the field and your right, Busy Saturday is putting it lightly>> As this is our first event of course we will make mistakes, However,Input and comments from you and everyone else will help us make the corrections now if possible !! As far as the entrance fee, We will look at that for next year at our wrap up meeting and talk about possibly lowering the Prize Money since , you and many others say its not important and making the entrance fee very reasonable ....Next year we will make sure no more crazy Saturday, Fix other little screw ups, But this comes from listening to you competitors and we do!! So if you or anyone else has ideas please let us know, Email me @JOHNV@NORWARLKBBQ.COM We honestly try to correct it.. As we want this event to be fun, exciting and THE GREATEST BBQ EVENT YOU BEEN TOO!!!
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

nancee
08-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Let me go on record that I care a LOT about the cash prizes!!!!! Bet Steve Farrin and a whole lot of other guys do too and I doubt Myron Mixon is coming because he heard we grow great oysters in norwalk<GGG>
Don't need no more dust collectors...show me the money$$$!!!
LOL...now I'll come in DAL...

Cliff ,Were glad you will be on the field and your right, Busy Saturday is putting it lightly>> As this is our first event of course we will make mistakes, However,Input and comments from you and everyone else will help us make the corrections now if possible !! As far as the entrance fee, We will look at that for next year at our wrap up meeting and talk about possibly lowering the Prize Money since , you and many others say its not important and making the entrance fee very reasonable ....Next year we will make sure no more crazy Saturday, Fix other little screw ups, But this comes from listening to you competitors and we do!! So if you or anyone else has ideas please let us know, Email me @JOHNV@NORWARLKBBQ.COM We honestly try to correct it.. As we want this event to be fun, exciting and THE GREATEST BBQ EVENT YOU BEEN TOO!!!
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

norwalkbbq
08-30-2009, 07:25 AM
Nancy believe it or not, the Oysters came from competitors request, as we traveled the bbq comp events !! As far as the Cash$$$ Our group in April talked about, if this was a successful event, We were going to an add another $10,000 to the prize package and $7500 of it would be add to the KCBS Grand Champion purse totaling THE CHAMPION RECEIVING $10,000.00 compared this year at only $2500.00 however a whole lot of competitors state to us in person that the prize money was not as important as was the entry fee.At first I thought they were kidding but, obviously not ! We hope to get as much info as we move forward to make this perfect!
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

Let me go on record that I care a LOT about the cash prizes!!!!! Bet Steve Farrin and a whole lot of other guys do too and I doubt Myron Mixon is coming because he heard we grow great oysters in norwalk<GGG>
Don't need no more dust collectors...show me the money$$$!!!
LOL...now I'll come in DAL...

Lakeside Smoker
08-30-2009, 08:12 AM
...however a whole lot of competitors state to us in person that the prize money was not as important as was the entry fee.At first I thought they were kidding but, obviously not ! ...
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

Don't let them fool you John. Prize money if often a deciding factor when it comes to what event to go to for some teams. Try having a comp with no prize money and see how many teams you get. :-D

I for one can't wait for this comp. I think you guys are doing great! You've done your research and I have seen you guys at 3 or 4 other comps this year. Keep up the good work.

-Mike

bbqdavarrow
08-30-2009, 08:21 AM
Don't let them fool you John. Prize money if often a deciding factor when it comes to what event to go to for some teams. Try having a comp with no prize money and see how many teams you get. :-D

I for one can't wait for this comp. I think you guys are doing great! You've done your research and I have seen you guys at 3 or 4 other comps this year. Keep up the good work.

-Mike
I agree Mike!, What I also Like is giving prize $$ all the way to 10th place, should be a fun event. The only thing I am worried about is all the people and traffic - so don't forget anything!
dave
red planet bbq

norwalkbbq
08-30-2009, 08:42 AM
I agree Mike!, What I also Like is giving prize $$ all the way to 10th place, should be a fun event. The only thing I am worried about is all the people and traffic - so don't forget anything!
dave
red planet bbq

We will have available a shuttle to bring you to purchase such forgotten items!! No worries we got your back!!!

ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

nancee
08-30-2009, 10:18 AM
John
I think part of the problem is that people didn't/haven't spent enough time looking at the entry fee structure. They just looked at the big $# for all 14 or 15 categories and thought it was high. As you know, there were several options available at lesser cost bringing it back in line with most of the better contests. I can't tell you how many times teams don't participate in grilling whether there is or is not an additional charge. And certainly not everyone is going to cook a pig.

So I guess my point to the uncommitted teams is that this is a great event, otherwise it wouldn't have been around for 30+ years!!! Come hang out with all your buds and just cook the kcbs or just do grilling if that's your style...take another look at the payouts vs entry fee and compare it to some others we do (we all know who they are!) that have releatively high entry fees and don't pay squat...
nancee

Nancy believe it or not, the Oysters came from competitors request, as we traveled the bbq comp events !! As far as the Cash$$$ Our group in April talked about, if this was a successful event, We were going to an add another $10,000 to the prize package and $7500 of it would be add to the KCBS Grand Champion purse totaling THE CHAMPION RECEIVING $10,000.00 compared this year at only $2500.00 however a whole lot of competitors state to us in person that the prize money was not as important as was the entry fee.At first I thought they were kidding but, obviously not ! We hope to get as much info as we move forward to make this perfect!
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

norwalkbbq
08-31-2009, 05:54 AM
John
I think part of the problem is that people didn't/haven't spent enough time looking at the entry fee structure. They just looked at the big $# for all 14 or 15 categories and thought it was high. As you know, there were several options available at lesser cost bringing it back in line with most of the better contests. I can't tell you how many times teams don't participate in grilling whether there is or is not an additional charge. And certainly not everyone is going to cook a pig.

So I guess my point to the uncommitted teams is that this is a great event, otherwise it wouldn't have been around for 30+ years!!! Come hang out with all your buds and just cook the kcbs or just do grilling if that's your style...take another look at the payouts vs entry fee and compare it to some others we do (we all know who they are!) that have releatively high entry fees and don't pay squat...
nancee

Nancee were you Hiding in a closet at one of our September of 08 meetings!! After our research, We determined based on our pay outs and events and needs and wants of the teams we came up with the entrance fee.The one thing we didn't want to do was nickel and dime the teams to death EVERYBODY needs water and electric so why not included it .Every event we went too the complaints were about water and electricity except New Paltz NY, no complaints, then space came in second ,and then space. Never any mention about FEEs >so that how we came up with the fee structure!

Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

Skip
08-31-2009, 12:46 PM
12. The use of gasoline for any purpose is prohibited.

I noticed this in the rules. Does that mean no generators? I hope its cool that weekend because 20 amp service normally pops when an A/C unit is drawing from it.

Just a heads up for organizer and competitor.

norwalkbbq
08-31-2009, 08:30 PM
12. The use of gasoline for any purpose is prohibited.

I noticed this in the rules. Does that mean no generators? I hope its cool that weekend because 20 amp service normally pops when an A/C unit is drawing from it.

Just a heads up for organizer and competitor.

Skip,
Rule 12 refers to the use of gasoline in the cooking process. Therefore, a generator is allowed as long as it is a low decibel unit (quiet). Please understand that if it is loud you will have to shut it down.
Ciao in bbq,
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

TB Barberque
09-01-2009, 02:36 PM
hey john, I was wondering how many teams you have signed up for the whole hog competition thus far?

norwalkbbq
09-02-2009, 06:46 AM
hey john, I was wondering how many teams you have signed up for the whole hog competition thus far?

As of Tuesday evening September 1, we have TEN (10) Pd in full Whole Hoggers!
Two that have partially paid, so they don't count yet!
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

Jacked UP BBQ
09-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Is there a team list yet?????

norwalkbbq
09-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Is there a team list yet?????

Matt, I've been holding off to list teams, However since Friday will be a cut-off date for us to order the pigs, I will Post teams up on Friday Evening. I just wanted to wait as long as possible hoping others would sign on? I just wanted to list them once, however, I guess we will have to update list! You have our phone #s if you need to know call me and I will share........ hows that?
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

Skip
09-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Lakeside Smokers
T'N'T Dynamite BBQ
OC Pig Assassins
Queer Eye For The BBQ Guy
Mr. Bobos Travelling BBQ All Stars
Red Planet BBQ
Purple Turtle Catering Company
TB Barbeque (team name?)
Three Men and a Babyback
I Smell Smoke
Jacks Old South BBQ

Those are the teams I can come up with from here and whats been mentioned.

norwalkbbq
09-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Lakeside Smokers
T'N'T Dynamite BBQ
OC Pig Assassins
Queer Eye For The BBQ Guy
Mr. Bobos Travelling BBQ All Stars
Red Planet BBQ
Purple Turtle Catering Company
TB Barbeque (team name?)
Three Men and a Babyback
I Smell Smoke
Jacks Old South BBQ

Those are the teams I can come up with from here and whats been mentioned.

Skip some of those teams that you listed, are either not paid in full or not entered ! I will post the list of teams Friday night, when the application process closes >
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Noorwalkbbq

ique
09-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Thats a good bit of $$ on the table for so few teams!

Skip
09-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Skip some of those teams that you listed, are either not paid in full or not entered ! I will post the list of teams Friday night, when the application process closes >
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Noorwalkbbq

Just quoting who committed on this thread. :mrgreen:

norwalkbbq
09-02-2009, 09:23 PM
A few clarifcations The space we give you is 20x30 with teams coming early Friday We have parking in the rear of your space for those BIG RIGS ! Raw oysters, music, beer, food and LOTS OF CASH WHAT ARE YOU Waiting FOR >>> Team list will be posted Friday evening

WE are closing this out on FRIDAY evening so if you can't commit until Friday evening you better email me Friday night September 5,2009 @ JOHNV@NORWALKBBQ.COM or theres always next year!!!

Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

Skip
09-02-2009, 10:01 PM
A few clarifcations The space we give you is 20x30 with teams coming early Friday

Did that change because the PDF says 20x20 with each 10x20 at an additional premium. Is the PDF wrong John?

norwalkbbq
09-03-2009, 03:40 AM
Did that change because the PDF says 20x20 with each 10x20 at an additional premium. Is the PDF wrong John?

Was changed we went around to other comps and explained the changes/We thought we got everyone guess not ? sorry

Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

trohrs123
09-03-2009, 05:52 AM
C'mon Skip, bring the fam down and cook this one!!

WannaBeBBQueen
09-03-2009, 06:27 AM
for you Tim we would without a doubt...but we can't.

Skip
09-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Was changed we went around to other comps and explained the changes/We thought we got everyone guess not ? sorry

Thats a shame. Not looking to place any blame John but the PDF really should've been ammended. Chalk it up to a learning curve.

norwalkbbq
09-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Thats a shame. Not looking to place any blame John but the PDF really should've been ammended. Chalk it up to a learning curve.

Your'e 100% right!

John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

pigmaker23
09-04-2009, 05:16 AM
Good Morning

Its a great day, and a great weekend for BBQ !. I had the pleasure of attending a meeting last night with the organizers at the site in Norwalk. The site is beautiful, 11 acres on Long Island Sound, all sites have a waterfront view! All sites are 20x30 and are on mowed park grass. There are 32 paid teams.

Just an update on additional perks for the contest, there is a team welcome party at 9:30 PM Friday night with adult beverages, Breakfast at 7:30 on both Saturday and Sunday Mornings, all compliments of the Norwalk Exchange Club!

So if you have been on the fence about this one, don't miss out! there is still time to sign up today by contacting John. Hope to see a bunch of you there!

norwalkbbq
09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Good Morning

Its a great day, and a great weekend for BBQ !. I had the pleasure of attending a meeting last night with the organizers at the site in Norwalk. The site is beautiful, 11 acres on Long Island Sound, all sites have a waterfront view! All sites are 20x30 and are on mowed park grass. There are 32 paid teams.

Just an update on additional perks for the contest, there is a team welcome party at 9:30 PM Friday night with adult beverages, Breakfast at 7:30 on both Saturday and Sunday Mornings, all compliments of the Norwalk Exchange Club!

So if you have been on the fence about this one, don't miss out! there is still time to sign up today by contacting John. Hope to see a bunch of you there!

Good Morning , Anyone interested to sign up, there still is time and space"of course" Todays cutoff is primarily for Whole Wog contestants !I must place the order for the HOGS tonight!! The team list will be posted sometime today after receiving mail delivery< ANYONE INTERESTED THAT WHATS TO SIGN UP PLEASE CONTACT ME @JOHNV@NORWALKBBQ.COM >>>OR MY CELL 203-623-0606 PLEASE CALL IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS< I WILL TRY TO ANSWER..

PS: Eric forgot to mention the oysters!!!
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

nancee
09-04-2009, 10:42 AM
What's up with that?

norwalkbbq
09-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Hey guys, we were thinking instead of Italian dinner ie: pasta homemade meatballs and sausage ,salad... HOW ABOUT A LOBSTER DINNER WITH CORN ON THE COB STEAMED MUSSELS COLESLAW POTATO SALAD .............
Please let me know what you think !!! your input will decide which one!!!!

Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

Lakeside Smoker
09-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey guys, we were thinking instead of Italian dinner ie: pasta homemade meatballs and sausage ,salad... HOW ABOUT A LOBSTER DINNER WITH CORN ON THE COB STEAMED MUSSELS COLESLAW POTATO SALAD .............

Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

I think that would be great....on Saturday night....:-D

trohrs123
09-04-2009, 08:52 PM
sounds great!!

dreed
09-04-2009, 10:08 PM
hmmmmmmm.......meatballs or lobster?..................LOBSTER

Skip
09-04-2009, 10:26 PM

Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

I won't be there so its not my decision but what about those who don't like seafood all that much?

norwalkbbq
09-05-2009, 03:21 AM
I think that would be great....on Saturday night....:-D

No it would be on Friday night!
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

bbqdavarrow
09-05-2009, 07:15 AM
I won't be there so its not my decision but what about those who don't like seafood all that much?
thats true, some people just don't eat seafood??

I would enjoy and appreciate either, so what is ever easier for you guys I think would be the way to go.

dave
red planet

norwalkbbq
09-05-2009, 08:56 AM

Thats why I am asking, I would like the competitors input then we as a group will decide based on your input.... Hows that?
Ciao in bbq
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

YankeeBBQ
09-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I will take meatballs over Lobster any day. Unless there Moink balls that is...

Jacked UP BBQ
09-05-2009, 10:56 AM
make the lobster dinners and throw out some pasta with it for the non seafood eaters

Skip
09-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Team list?

norwalkbbq
09-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Burning Hot
Bwell Bq
Cardello Architects
Wilsons Bbq
Fat Angel Bbq
Hog Feathers Bbq
I Like Smoke N'Lighting
I Smell Smoke !!!
Its All Good
Jacks Down Home Bbq
James Doyle
Jeffs Cuisine
Lakeside Smokers
Moonbeam Bbq
Mr Bobo's Traveling Bbq All
Stars
Ocean City Pig Assassins
Pig Monsters
Purple Turtle
Red Planet Bbq
Saints & Sinners
Sono Smokers
T'N'T Dynamite Bbq
The Bbq Guru
The Perfect Butt
Three Men And A Babyback
Team Chimney
Two Little Pigs
Transformer BBQ
Whistleville Smokers
Yankee butcher
ZBQ

These are the teams that are paid in full at this time. Thanks for all your help!
If some team wants to come,it may not be too late, just drop me an email at JOHNV@NORWALKBBQ.COM

Ciao
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

Skip
09-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Awesome line up. Good luck to all.

Lakeside Smoker
09-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Anything Butt says open garnish. Are we turning in with a standard 9 X 9, or can we use a platter. If so, how big?

Thanks
-Mike

gb7488
09-06-2009, 09:45 AM
You'll get a 9x9 for ID purposes but... you can turn in on anything you want - How big? good question, I'd say as big as you want but , I'm afraid... Has to be manageable by whoever has to take it off your hands- you might want to bring an alternate.

greg

Lakeside Smoker
09-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the quick response Greg. Most comps allow between 12" X 12" to 18" X 18" platters. Your call.

-Mike

norwalkbbq
09-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Can we get a little more input from some more competitors.....looks like 2 for lobster, 2 for meatballs and pasta!
John Vuoso
Norwalkbbq

nancee
09-06-2009, 07:32 PM
please lobsta
we get meatballs and pasta ALL the time ...

CTSmokehouse
09-07-2009, 06:55 AM
please lobsta
we get meatballs and pasta ALL the time ...

What Nancee said...!!!

Lobster would be great way to start a competition!!!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Lakeside Smoker
09-07-2009, 07:03 AM
I will take meatballs over Lobster any day. Unless there Moink balls that is...

Lies!! Steve loves lobster!
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n40/lakesidesmoker/IMG_7018.jpg

I won't be there Friday night, so my vote doesn't count. But my opinion would be lobster.

bbqdavarrow
09-07-2009, 07:23 AM
I said it didn't matter - but I will vote Lobster
dave
red planet

gb7488
09-07-2009, 10:07 AM
up to 18x18 sounds like a plan - don't know how they are going to get 6 on a judges table, but we'll worry about that when the time comes

greg