PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 1st Annual Vista Smokin' Q Classic, Vista, CA - July 31 & Aug. 1, 2009

Vince RnQ
07-28-2009, 03:52 PM
OK, Brothers and Sisters, who's going to be joining us for this inaugural event?

Scottie
07-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Good luck RnQ....

Alexa RnQ
07-28-2009, 11:06 PM
They just now announced that it's NOT a state championship. http://www.divaherself.com/funny/blank.gif
At 9PM on the Tuesday night before the comp.

musicmanryann
07-28-2009, 11:18 PM
They just now announced that it's NOT a state championship. http://www.divaherself.com/funny/blank.gif
At 9PM on the Tuesday night before the comp.

I think that deserves a big fat WTF!:confused:

Alexa RnQ
07-28-2009, 11:28 PM
After having announced back on April 10 that it would be. http://www.divaherself.com/funny/devilspin.gif

musicmanryann
07-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Man I know Arnie is busy with the budget crises and everything, but you'd think he have ten seconds to sign a darn proclamation...

Alexa RnQ
07-29-2009, 12:01 AM
That would be if the promoters had actually sent in a request.

Vince RnQ
07-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Now that this news is out, I think the question in my original post may need to be changed to:

"OK, Brothers and Sisters, who's going to be joining us in asking for an entry fee refund for this inaugural event?"

This is absolutely unbelievable.

smokinyankees
07-29-2009, 01:33 AM
Sorry it worked out this way i was really looking forward to seeing you guys!

Vince RnQ
07-29-2009, 04:05 AM
I've heard contest organizers complain about why teams don't sign up for contests early and end up waiting until the last minute. This is why I'll be a lot less likely to sign up early or at least until I know that the contest meets the needs I have in order to participate.

bbqczar
07-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah,this is REALLY bad ! I signed up also thinking I would do this one instead of Viejas(I couldn't swing both ),but now what a mess :mad: Organizers really should have been up on this.I already know what they are going to say,"we PLANNED on it being a state championship,we NEVER guarenteed it " :roll: Way to screw what could have been a good thing :sad:

Scottie
07-29-2009, 11:23 AM
It even states right on the application that it is a "State Championship"... Wow, that is not good... As it's not listed as a State Championship on the KCBS site...

TOPS BBQ
07-29-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm sorry to hear that this happened. I'm still going, as that I have a lot of friends and family in the area and it's going to be fun for us. Unfortunately, when you have time & money invested with expectations of something bigger, it becomes a downer. One promoter fessed up to his mess up and hopefully will refund monies paid to those that want out now.

I know Jay is planning on staying home. Who else? RnQ? I wish you would still go, because I enjoy competing against the best and both of you are considered just that.

Scottie
07-29-2009, 02:06 PM
It seems that Larry now has the proclamation. So good luck to all that are competing...

Especially Rhythm 'n Que.... :roll:

Scottie

Alexa RnQ
07-29-2009, 02:50 PM
http://www.divaherself.com/funny/woot.gif http://www.divaherself.com/headbang.gif

I get my beach weekend after all!!!

Vince RnQ
07-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Man, I'm so friggin' happy that this worked out. One of the contest organizers and I spoke at length about it on the phone earlier today and I know they now have a much better understanding of how important a proclamation is for many of the teams.

My toes could use a dip in the surf too!

Scottie
07-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Good luck Vince. Remember. Right before awards... Bottoms up.... None of these little half shots either!!! :twisted:

Vince RnQ
07-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Yessir, Mr. Johnson, sir!

bbqczar
07-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Scottie,I will make sure he does a FULL shot of Crown with me right before awards !

Scottie
07-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Unfortunately Tim, it has to be Jack... For the good mojo to work properly, it has to be a completely tip the bottom shot too. So please hold him down and make sure he does a full shot... If needed, put him in a full Nelson... :twisted:

bbqczar
07-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Unfortunately Tim, it has to be Jack... For the good mojo to work properly, it has to be a completely tip the bottom shot too. So please hold him down and make sure he does a full shot... If needed, put him in a full Nelson... :twisted:

LOL !! Will do !

Vince RnQ
07-30-2009, 01:08 PM
You can't put me in a full Nelson unless you're in original Ranger garb!

Alexa RnQ
07-30-2009, 01:08 PM
He's going to get a naughty little thrill out of that.

NTTAWWT.

Bentley
08-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Congrats to Tropical Heat on their 2nd GC and 1st GC in a KCBS contest! Way to go Bill and Dan. Nice RGC to Rhythm n Que too!

big brother smoke
08-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Damn Bowtie Bill is on fire now! Also congrats to Rhythmn N Que and all who walked!

Alexa RnQ
08-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Congratulations to Bill and Dan! When a GC is six years in the making, it's awfully sweet -- and it was wonderful to see the happiness in their faces, they were flying! Their GC trophy is taller than I am, with a Weber Smokey Joe as the top piece -- it's a work of art. They're going to have a fine time working out joint custody and a visitation schedule for it. That's a great win to enjoy for a long time, although this was a first-year contest there was a good-sized field with no shortage of fine teams.

I don't see you two retiring those lavender-and-teal shirts anytime soon, they've been having a great year!

BowtieBill
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks everyone. Still floating here.
Congrats to all who took walks.
Alexa, as I said to Vince, you guys made the win even more special. We will never forget it, thanks you so much.
And CONGRATS on the RGC. Hope Jay got your BAT home in one piece.
As for our BAT, looks like I am getting custody of it. Dan says he does not have the room. Or maybe it was his wife that said it, not sure. Mine is still in the living room, don't know how long Sherry (my wife) is going to allow that.
Hope to see you all soon.

Bill

Vince RnQ
08-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Bill, you better add another Smokey Joe to the list of equipment in your signature!

ThomEmery
08-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Yes this was a nice contest
Really nice to see Bill and Dan get a Championship GC