PDA

View Full Version : SmACk TaWK Waterloo/LaPorte Challenge

DMDon
07-14-2009, 08:12 AM
A little something extra for teams competing in both. Combined high score for both, wins bottle of Templeton Rye and the pot. $10 per team, see me before the 10am shot in Waterloo.

KC_Bobby
07-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Cindy just sent out an email with the list of W'Loo teams. (33 right now)

2 Empty Bottles
A Boy & His BBQ
Big T'z Q Cru
Boondoggle BBQ
Buster Dog BBQ
Cancersuckschicago.com
Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
Denver Southern Smoke Shack
Dirty Pig BBQ
Family Ties BBQ
Farmboy BBQ
FFE BBQ
Grillin and Chillin DU Style
Grumpy Old Farts BBQ
Holy and Oly's BBQ
Iowa State Grill Team
Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
Jim's "Smokin The Wheels On the Grill" BBQ
Lermon BBQ
Let's Kick Some Ash
Meadow Valley BBQ
Pellet Envy
Quau
Smokehouse 72 (formerly Shotgun BBQ & BBQ Council)
Smokin' Bandits BBQ
Smokin Big Dawgs
Smokin' Bonz BBQ
Smokin' Triggers
Southland Park BBQ
Spanky and the Meat Mafia
Sweet Chipotle BBQ
The Slabs.com
Zippy's BBQ

Does anyone have a list from Roy?

Edit - I've highlighted the teams that I think are competing in both (guessed to the best of my ability for now, but have sent Roy an email requesting a team list) Last I heard Pat was on the fence and Spanky, Capt Ron & Holy/Oly were not headed to LPC - let me know if that's changed

musicmanryann
07-14-2009, 08:37 AM
I'm in, and will have a nice crisp ten dollar bill ready for you when I see you.

BBQ_Mayor
07-14-2009, 09:00 AM
We're in. I'll bring a not so crisp ten dollar bill.

DMDon
07-14-2009, 09:07 AM

Good, just don't bring me 10 dirty $1 bills.

BIG T'z
07-14-2009, 10:20 AM
You better put a pair of sunglasses on that old Hamilton!! It's probably been in your wallet for years!! Bet it's not even the new design!?! Look forward to seeing everyone in Waterloo!!:icon_cool:icon_cool

monty3777
07-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Good, just don't bring me 10 dirty $1 bills.

That's funny!

KC_Bobby
07-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Anyone have a weekend weather report for Black Hawk County?

Can we dub the winner Chief Black Q? (someone help with some witt here)

BBQ_Mayor
07-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Looking great!

Thursday, Jul 16
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/17.gif
High: 80 °F RealFeel®: 81 °F
Sunshine and some clouds with a shower or thunderstorm

Thursday Night, Jul 16
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/33.gif
Low: 52 °F RealFeel®: 48 °F
Clear and cool

http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/images/forecast/starGazing.gif
Stargazing conditions (http://www.accuweather.com/astronomy.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1)

Forecast Details (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=50701&metric=0&fday=3) | Hourly Forecast for Thursday (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=50701&metric=0&hbhday=3&hbhhour=7) | Hourly Forecast for Thursday Night (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=50701&metric=0&hbhday=3&hbhhour=19) | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-accupop.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=50701&metric=0)
Friday, Jul 17
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/01.gif
High: 75 °F RealFeel®: 74 °F
Pleasant with a full day of sunshine

Friday Night, Jul 17
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/33.gif
Low: 52 °F RealFeel®: 49 °F
Clear and cool with the temperature approaching the record low of 50 set in 1984

Stargazing conditions (http://www.accuweather.com/astronomy.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1)

Forecast Details (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=50701&metric=0&fday=4) | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=50701&metric=0&fday=4) | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast (http://www.accuweather.com/premium-accupop.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=50701&metric=0)

Saturday, Jul 18
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/01.gif
High: 77 °F RealFeel®: 78 °F
Delightful with a full day of sunshine

Saturday Night, Jul 18
Low: 54 °F RealFeel®: 52 °F
Clear and cool with the temperature approaching the record low of 53 set in 1970

Scottie
07-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Man... Might have to put the heater on in the RV.... :icon_shy

KC_Bobby
07-14-2009, 12:41 PM
That might be the perfect double cookoff forecast - even if it doesnt mention a prison, momma or a train.

Big Mike's BBQ
07-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Something is wrong with that for cast, it is always hot in Waterloo. Who says we have a problem with global warming?

Big Mike

musicmanryann
07-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Lets just hope the wind cooperates. ;-)

You know me, "Always look on the bright side of life...."

BBQ_Mayor
07-14-2009, 02:51 PM
You better put a pair of sunglasses on that old Hamilton!! It's probably been in your wallet for years!! Bet it's not even the new design!?! Look forward to seeing everyone in Waterloo!!:icon_cool:icon_cool

I'm not constantly stuffing new bills into my wallet like you guys have been these days.. :biggrin:

musicmanryann
07-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Except for last weekend when you mopped the floor with us, although I think it was because you had Bob cook the chicken! :):):):)::):):):):)):):):):) Woot!

Wow btw--that guy is hilarious! Chicken Gravy!

pat
07-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Except for last weekend when you mopped the floor with us, although I think it was because you had Bob cook the chicken! :):):):)::):):):):)):):):):) Woot!

Wow btw--that guy is hilarious! Chicken Gravy!

You placed 1st in two categories....thought you had it AGAIN!

Bob is freakin hilarious:biggrin: Hope to be near him in Waterloo for some good laughs!

Smokin' Joe
07-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Cindy just sent out an email with the list of W'Loo teams. (33 right now)

2 Empty Bottles
A Boy & His BBQ
Big T'z Q Cru
Boondoggle BBQ
Buster Dog BBQ
Cancersuckschicago.com
Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que
Denver Southern Smoke Shack
Dirty Pig BBQ
Family Ties BBQ
Farmboy BBQ
FFE BBQ
Grillin and Chillin DU Style
Grumpy Old Farts BBQ
Holy and Oly's BBQ
Iowa State Grill Team
Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
Jim's "Smokin The Wheels On the Grill" BBQ
Lermon BBQ
Let's Kick Some Ash
Meadow Valley BBQ
Pellet Envy
Quau
Smokehouse 72 (formerly Shotgun BBQ & BBQ Council)
Smokin' Bandits BBQ
Smokin Big Dawgs
Smokin' Bonz BBQ
Smokin' Triggers
Southland Park BBQ
Spanky and the Meat Mafia
Sweet Chipotle BBQ
The Slabs.com
Zippy's BBQ

Does anyone have a list from Roy?

Edit - I've highlighted the teams that I think are competing in both (guessed to the best of my ability for now, but have sent Roy an email requesting a team list) Last I heard Pat was on the fence and Spanky, Capt Ron & Holy/Oly were not headed to LPC - let me know if that's changed

I'm in for both, if I'm allowed to compete:shock: They cashed my check, but I haven't gotten any of the emails (I assume these went to everyone?). I sent a message to someone last week and they told me that I was in, but I see Im still not on the list (I don't think it was Cindy). San someone please send me here email address?

KC_Bobby
07-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Cindy Wells - cjwsews@mchsi.com

pat
07-14-2009, 05:51 PM
No LP for me!

Ron_L
07-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Last I heard Pat was on the fence and Spanky, Capt Ron & Holy/Oly were not headed to LPC - let me know if that's changed

We're heading home after W'Loo. Amy has to work on Sunday. She has every Friday and Saturday off so we don't want to push it.

Ron_L
07-14-2009, 06:19 PM
That might be the perfect double cookoff forecast - even if it doesnt mention a prison, momma or a train.

Now that's funny! David Allen Coe fan or Steve Goodman fan? And you forgot the pickup truck.

Buster Dog BBQ
07-14-2009, 07:57 PM
I'll take some action there. I have 40 quarters for you Don.

Smokin' Joe
07-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Ok, I heard from Cindy and all is good...thanks for the help guys. She said my spot is on Park Ave, hopefully with a few brethren and in a long row of trailers headed to LPC!

thenewguy
07-14-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm doin' both too.
And I would be the one with the dirty dollar bills...hopefully they'll not be wet.

musicmanryann
07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Ok, I heard from Cindy and all is good...thanks for the help guys. She said my spot is on Park Ave, hopefully with a few brethren and in a long row of trailers headed to LPC!

Sweet.

musicmanryann
07-14-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm doin' both too.
And I would be the one with the dirty dollar bills...hopefully they'll not be wet.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! !!!!!!!!! LMAO!

pat
07-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Anyone know if spots are open in LP?

thenewguy
07-14-2009, 09:19 PM
No spot for you! There's already enough people showin up to beat me...

Buster Dog BBQ
07-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Anyone know if spots are open in LP?
I have Roy's contact info if you need.

pat
07-14-2009, 09:26 PM
No spot for you! There's already enough people showin up to beat me...

Hey come on man...I just want another shot of Cabo from you :roll:

I have Roy's contact info if you need.

Rod thanks. I will give him a call tomorrow. Still not sure if I can make it but gonna try REAL hard :biggrin:

musicmanryann
07-14-2009, 09:33 PM

Rod thanks. I will give him a call tomorrow. Still not sure if I can make it but gonna try REAL hard :biggrin:

By try real hard do mean convince real hard? :wink:

Smokin' Joe
07-14-2009, 09:48 PM

It might be more fun to sit around and drink Mike's Cabo and watch Big T'z, Pellet Envy, and Smokey D's fight it out for the GC:shock::mrgreen:

Buster Dog BBQ
07-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Pat, just tell her if you can go to LaPorte City you promise not to ask about Waucoma, Independence or Dubuque.

pat
07-14-2009, 09:57 PM
By try real hard do mean convince real hard? :wink:

Pat, just tell her if you can go to LaPorte City you promise not to ask about Waucoma, Independence or Dubuque.

You guys are good....way to read between the lines :biggrin: Rod I really like your line of thinking here. I will also throw in Mtown and Waterloo just to see if she is really listening! :lol:

pat
07-14-2009, 09:59 PM
It might be more fun to sit around and drink Mike's Cabo and watch Big T'z, Pellet Envy, and Smokey D's fight it out for the GC:shock::mrgreen:

Hmmmmm.....

thenewguy
07-14-2009, 10:09 PM
That's the best thing I've heard all day!
I'll pack up a few extra stogies!
I'll just be standing in the background rockin' back and forth in my clown shoes...

Smokin' Joe
07-14-2009, 10:17 PM
That's the best thing I've heard all day!
I'll pack up a few extra stogies!
I'll just be standing in the background rockin' back and forth in my clown shoes...

I bought Ribs and Jack at Sams tonight...the checkout guy said it looked like a good combo...since I bought the ribs anyway I will probably cook 'em...but the Jack will be the focus:lol:

KC_Bobby
07-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Roy told me he's up to 31 teams, he's gonna send me the list tomorrow.

pat
07-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Roy told me he's up to 31 teams, he's gonna send me the list tomorrow.

THe app says limit of 30 teams...so I assume it is full then?

KC_Bobby
07-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Don't hurt to call, doesn't change the number of judges needed.

BIG T'z
07-15-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm not constantly stuffing new bills into my wallet like you guys have been these days.. :biggrin:
I would gladly take a roll of quarters, if times are hard!?! I look forward to sharing that bottle of Templeton's with all the "Brethren", and teams!! Ryan hates it when I do this!! See ya round the "Q" in Waterloo!!:razz:

Scottie
07-15-2009, 09:44 AM

I like going to contests when folks don't expect much from me.... Can I sit with you guys and watch those teams too? I'll bring Johnny with me, if that is OK?

KC_Bobby
07-15-2009, 10:38 AM
I'll bring you guys some Jager and tequila if you promise to drink it all too.

monty3777
07-15-2009, 12:08 PM

If only they were the only ones. I'm thinking with Scottie there we should assume that he will do his best to bend us all over:mrgreen: I'm also thinking that Capt. Ron and Boondoggle (hope I spelled that right) are within sniffing distance of a GC. And Smokehouse 72 and Buster Dog (he's got one coming real soon)?? And what about...

Don't put any money on Holy and Oly's. We are actually trying NOT to win much so that we remain humble. It's been tough, but we've managed! :wink:

musicmanryann
07-15-2009, 01:01 PM
If only they were the only ones. I'm thinking with Scottie there we should assume that he will do his best to bend us all over:mrgreen: I'm also thinking that Capt. Ron and Boondoggle (hope I spelled that right) are within sniffing distance of a GC. And Smokehouse 72 and Buster Dog (he's got one coming real soon)?? And what about...

Don't put any money on Holy and Oly's. We are actually trying NOT to win much so that we remain humble. It's been tough, but we've managed! :wink:

And don't forget about Joe himself as well. His crew already has one GC this year, and I guarantee you it was not a fluke.

Overall, I'd say well over half of the competitors in the field this weekend can put together a cook good enough to take it all. Once the food is out of our hands it is up to 6 judges, or 24 however you want to look at it.

What I like about this weekend is that the dual competition brings in a lot of teams that don't make it over to the Hawkeye State a whole lot. That gives us newer cornfed boys an opportunity to get to know some other teams and increase our network of bbq friends, and maybe even get to take a sniff of Scottie's combos I have been hearing so much about! ;-)

Looking forward to it--especially if the weather holds up and my Stoker comes in the mail prior to Friday.:-D

Jorge
07-15-2009, 01:27 PM
I like going to contests when folks don't expect much from me.... Can I sit with you guys and watch those teams too? I'll bring Johnny with me, if that is OK?

Walker, or The Old Man? That sounds like some prime motivational Smack Talk right there.:wink::lol::twisted::mrgreen:

Scottie
07-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Walker, or The Old Man? That sounds like some prime motivational Smack Talk right there.:wink::lol::twisted::mrgreen:

The Old Man of course... He invented Smack Talk.... And if you don't believe it, just stand around him for a contest... :twisted:

Jorge
07-15-2009, 01:35 PM
The Old Man of course... He invented Smack Talk.... And if you don't believe it, just stand around him for a contest... :twisted:

I don't need another lesson, but I'll gladly listen to somebody get their's:mrgreen:

Diva
07-15-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm thinking with Scottie there we should assume that he will do his best to bend us all over:mrgreen:

:eek:

Scottie
07-15-2009, 02:10 PM
:eek:

:icon_shy

Smokin' Joe
07-15-2009, 02:12 PM

Sorry I didn't mean to offend or slight anyone...and I certainly didn't want to provide any further motivation. Just an attempt at a joke about the amazing field of teams this weekend.:oops:

Oh and you guys left out Quau and The Slabs:twisted:

And Scottie your welcome to come partake anytime in my camp:-D

monty3777
07-15-2009, 02:12 PM
:icon_shy

:icon_blush:

Scottie
07-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Sorry I didn't mean to offend or slight anyone...and I certainly didn't want to provide any further motivation. Just an attempt at a joke about the amazing field of teams this weekend.:oops:

I'm kidding Joe. I mean, I am so motivated now, I think I am going to sharpen my knives tonight when I get home... 8-)

I'm taking all those teams out too Joe. I am bringing beefs for reason... And giardiniera... :shock:

Ron_L
07-15-2009, 03:08 PM

This just in...

We're officially changing our team name to "Chopped Liver" for this competition :-D

I'm kidding Joe. I mean, I am so motivated now, I think I am going to sharpen my knives tonight when I get home... 8-)

I'm taking all those teams out too Joe. I am bringing beefs for reason... And giardiniera... :shock:

Beefs? Did someone say beefs?

Scottie
07-15-2009, 03:17 PM

Will trade for margarita...... I'd say coffee too, but my sis won't be there, so I will OD on Red Bull's all by myself.... :eek:

KC_Bobby
07-15-2009, 03:39 PM

Too truly admire the talent in this field, you have at least have been to LaPorte once. It's a small town of about 2,000 people that sits on a creek and floods. To get this field there shocks me.

Being that the Boondoggle Boys grew up in LaPorte, of course we are going to go back. Last year we figured we'd have some of the usual Iowa teams there, maybe a team or two from Illinois, and a handful of locals. When Roy Porter came over to check us in and we saw the list with Pellet Envy and Lotta Bull our jaws dropped. Honestly, we thought we'd be fighting with the rest of the teams to finish second to Darren.

This year we have Pellet Envy, Smokin Triggers, Cancer Sucks, The Slabs, Quau, and Smokey D (the ones I can think of off of my head) - who have all been to Lynchburg - some of them have even won it. Plus, Big T's has already won Iowa's largest two competitions this year. I don't even care to count the number of teams who already have a GC this year who we'll be competing against. Holy Fark - someone give me some Tylenol.

We've got 3 top ten finishes out of 4 comps so far this year and we're like the third tier team in comparison. Seriously, I'm bringing a lot of booze to hand out to the other teams.

Scottie
07-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Is LaPorte in a park or what kind of set-up is it? I'm thinking if I need to bring some entertainment like bikes or scooters for my girls...

also, I don't suppose there any gas stations there? I will need to fill up my gas cans after Waterloo. Now that they have talked me into giving up my electricty...

KC_Bobby
07-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Scottie,
When you pull into LaPorte, you'll pass a Pronto and a Casey's as soon as you get to town. You can gas up at either - although I'm not sure of the height restrictions for the RV - I think they both have canopies.

The park is fairly small - most of it will be used by teams and vendors/band. Last year this event drew in about the whole town until it rained for about 30 minutes, but when it stopped - everyone stayed downtown as they had some event out on a street there too. Although it does have a fenced in area with the normal playground equipment. How old are your daughters?

monty3777
07-15-2009, 04:13 PM
This just in...

We're officially changing our team name to "Chopped Liver" for this competition :-D

Hey - I gave you respect!!8)

ModelMaker
07-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Scottie,
When you pull into LaPorte, you'll pass a Pronto and a Casey's as soon as you get to town. You can gas up at either - although I'm not sure of the height restrictions for the RV - I think they both have canopies.

The park is fairly small - most of it will be used by teams and vendors/band. Last year this event drew in about the whole town until it rained for about 30 minutes, but when it stopped - everyone stayed downtown as they had some event out on a street there too. Although it does have a fenced in area with the normal playground equipment. How old are your daughters?

I gassed up the class C at Caseys, no problem.
It's gonna be a perfect weather, perfect group of cookers both days.
I'm judging W'loo and will pry show for awards Sun.
Julie & I will be around Fri. night to howdy & hey
Good Luck all.
ModelMaker

Buster Dog BBQ
07-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Is LaPorte in a park or what kind of set-up is it? I'm thinking if I need to bring some entertainment like bikes or scooters for my girls...

also, I don't suppose there any gas stations there? I will need to fill up my gas cans after Waterloo. Now that they have talked me into giving up my electricty...

There is also a truck stop up that way either on the road to LaPorte or the next exit. Right up around there. Also the Pronto has a dump station if you carry water.

Scottie
07-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Looks like I'll be going to Pronto, so I can dump...

Thanks

musicmanryann
07-15-2009, 08:45 PM
So which night do people plan on getting more sleep? Friday or Saturday? Sorry I am a big weenie, and want to get some sleep, sometime during the weekend.:icon_blush: At the same time I don't want to miss the party.:mrgreen:

Ron_L
07-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Hey - I gave you respect!!8)

Yes you did. You get coffee on Saturday morning. :rolleyes:

BBQ_Mayor
07-15-2009, 09:36 PM
So which night do people plan on getting more sleep? Friday or Saturday? Sorry I am a big weenie, and want to get some sleep, sometime during the weekend.:icon_blush: At the same time I don't want to miss the party.:mrgreen:

If you go to sleep you'll miss the party. It's up to you. what to do, what to do. :mrgreen:
I for one would love to have a margirita and beefs.

musicmanryann
07-15-2009, 09:56 PM
If you go to sleep you'll miss the party. It's up to you. what to do, what to do. :mrgreen:

As long as the 72 boys are at the party I'm there. They know how to get it done right!

BTW--My whole posse will be there for the first time this year. I would imagine things might get a little crazy in Big T'z camp.:mrgreen:

monty3777
07-15-2009, 10:19 PM
As long as the 72 boys are at the party I'm there. They know how to get it done right!

BTW--My whole posse will be there for the first time this year. I would imagine things might get a little crazy in Big T'z camp.:mrgreen:

There's more????:-D:-D:-D:-D

musicmanryann
07-15-2009, 10:30 PM

I'm just talking about my buddies who encourage me to stay up and drink with them until the sun comes up. It would be okay for one comp, but two? :shock:

Smokin' Joe
07-15-2009, 10:43 PM

LMAO...that was my first thought too:mrgreen:

My drinking crew is along for the ride as well this weekend...might be entertaining:twisted:

Smokin' Joe
07-15-2009, 10:47 PM

I wasn't worried about you Scottie:twisted:
I just reread my comment without the alcohol fog of Tuesday night and didnt want to offend...

Hell I even motivated myself, I got my parsley prepped for the weekend tonight:lol:

Buster Dog BBQ
07-15-2009, 10:54 PM
That's why I turn over the pit duties to Buster and the water boy at 10pm. So I can party down. WOOO.

KC_Bobby
07-15-2009, 10:58 PM
La Porte comp list - teams doing both in red (17)

Ponderosa
Sadler saucy slabs
Lets kick some ash
Big t’z Q cru
Purdy good meat
Grillin and chillin Du Style
Iowa outlaw bbq
A boy and his bbq
Iowa smokey d’s bbq
Vinny bbq
Meadow valley bbq
Cancer sucks Chicago.com
Smokehouse 72
Busterdog bbq
Boondoggle BBQ
Quau
Smokinbandits
Spanky and the meat mafia
Smoking trigger
Pellet envy
Farmboy bbq
Tippy canoe bbq
Smoker on wheels
Bonnie and clyde
Ms. Spanky diner
Fsc bbq (might be - W'Loo has a team listed as FFE BBQ)
Parkers bbq
The slab.com

BBQ_Mayor
07-16-2009, 06:57 AM

I don't know how much partying will be going on in our camp. KCRG TV is going to be shadowing us the whole weekend.
You'll need to give'em a pull of your JD. :wink:.

BIG T'z
07-16-2009, 08:36 AM
The road is smokey, dark and deep, but you have butts and briskey's to cook, and miles to go before you sleep, and miles to go before you sleep!!:lol: P.S your young, you can sleep when your dead!!

KC_Bobby
07-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Seriously, all those teams listed in red above are welcome to come over and pick up a bottle of moonshine. One condition, they must drink the entire bottle before leaving our spot ... cause you might need another to take back to your spot with you.

Note to self: get some moonshine

Scottie
07-16-2009, 09:36 AM
La Porte comp list - teams doing both in red (17)

Ponderosa
Sadler saucy slabs
Lets kick some ash
Big t’z Q cru
Purdy good meat
Grillin and chillin Du Style
Iowa outlaw bbq
A boy and his bbq
Iowa smokey d’s bbq
Vinny bbq
Meadow valley bbq
Cancer sucks Chicago.com
Smokehouse 72
Busterdog bbq
Boondoggle BBQ
Quau
Smokinbandits
Spanky and the meat mafia
Smoking trigger
Pellet envy
Farmboy bbq
Tippy canoe bbq
Smoker on wheels
Bonnie and clyde
Ms. Spanky diner
Fsc bbq (might be - W'Loo has a team listed as FFE BBQ)
Parkers bbq
The slab.com

So what's the matter with Big Moe not doing both? The big wuss.... :roll:

Jorge
07-16-2009, 09:48 AM
So what's the matter with Big Moe not doing both? The big wuss.... :roll:

I'd leave Moe alone, if I wanted a cheesesteak......

KC_Bobby
07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
He's gonna have chezsteaks ready for us when we arrive in LaPorte?

Buster Dog BBQ
07-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if Big Moe is doing the Pleasant Hill contest to get some vending in.

BBQ_Mayor
07-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if Big Moe is doing the Pleasant Hill contest to get some vending in.

If he's cooking Waterloo, which he is, he won't be doing any vending at Pleasent Hill. My money would say he would be going to LP as well.

Buster Dog BBQ
07-16-2009, 10:07 AM
If he's cooking Waterloo, which he is, he won't be doing any vending at Pleasent Hill. My money would say he would be going to LP as well.
Did he just sign up? Bob didnt have him in red text as doing both.

KC_Bobby
07-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Ponderosa was not on the list Cindy sent out - not that that means anything, TippyCanoe wasn't on there either.

Ponderosa BBQ
07-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Friends I can't make Waterloo because I an vending in pleasant hill but I will make the laporte contest I will be in late with my game face on:) there is a whole mess heavy hitters doing the Waterloo/laporte city shuffle!

Scottie
07-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Friends I can't make Waterloo because I an vending in pleasant hill but I will make the laporte contest I will be in late with my game face on:) there is a whole mess heavy hitters doing the Waterloo/laporte city shuffle!

Oh snap... I forgot you hang here too... You know I was just kidding about being a wuss... Right.... :eek:

See you Saturday night bud!:wink:

thenewguy
07-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Well guys... Looks like I'm not gonna make the trip. If someone wants to use my entry and get in with it let me know!
Work calls....the joys of self employment.

Rookie'48
07-16-2009, 10:25 PM
..... there is a whole mess heavy hitters doing the Waterloo/laporte city shuffle!

This from the guy that took 3rd in W'loo & RGC in LPC last year?

:rolleyes: :-D :biggrin:

monty3777
07-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Well guys... Looks like I'm not gonna make the trip. If someone wants to use my entry and get in with it let me know!
Work calls....the joys of self employment.

Sorry to hear that. And I mean it seriously. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can still make it. Will you be going to Nevada in August?

thenewguy
07-17-2009, 10:00 PM
If work slows down I will be there!!