PDA

View Full Version : A note from your friendly neighborhood moderators!

Ron_L
07-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Hi gang! With competition season if full swing we'd like to ask for you help with a few things that will make our jobs easier (it is all about us, after all :-D)

1. When you start a thread about a competition (an announcement, roll call, results, etc.) please search first to see if a similar thread exists. It is OK to have separate announcement, roll call and results threads. This is actually preferred for competitions with a lot of forum traffic.

2. When posting a thread about a competition, please include enough info in the thread title to allow folks to determine the name of the competition, where it is and when it is. I'd like to suggest a format for threads about specific competitions to make sure that the requested information is included...

<Name_of_competition>, <Location_of_competition> - <Dates_of_competition>

Where "Name_of_competition" is the name that shows up in the sanctioning body's listings, "Location_of_competition" includes the city AND state as show in the listing, and "Dates_of_competition" includes the year since many of these events happen every year.

3. When posting competition results, please take an extra couple of minutes to highlight the Brethren teams using bold text. If you are not sure who are Brethren teams please use the Listing Of Brethren Members Teams (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18964). That's what we do :-D If you compete and you want your team name highlighted please make sure that you are listed in that thread.

Thanks in advance! With the increase in competition activity in this forum we are spending quite a bit of time cleaning up these items and any help that you can give us is appreciated!

Ron_L
08-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Several of you have read the above and have taken the time to follow these requests. thanks! I am bumping this to see if i can get everyone's attention, especially when posting competition results.

3. When posting competition results, please take an extra couple of minutes to highlight the Brethren teams using bold text. If you are not sure who are Brethren teams please use the Listing Of Brethren Members Teams (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18964). That's what we do :grin: If you compete and you want your team name highlighted please make sure that you are listed in that thread.

If you post competition results (and we encourage to do so), please take the time to highlight the Brethren teams, especially if you are going to post the full results instead of the top 10s. Please?

Coz
08-09-2009, 08:26 PM
I am sorry Ron I am a computer retard and just wanted to pay the homage to the guys who whipped our asses.