PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment New Albany, Indiana "HOOSIER DADDY?" Oct 9th & 10th State Championship

Pages : [1] 2

juicybuttsbbq
06-29-2009, 03:32 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/papashowcow/hoosier2-1.jpg

Coming Oct 9th and 10th 2009 The KCBS Sanctioned "HOOSIER DADDY" BBQ State Championship / Qualifier in conjunction with New Albany's 42 yr old Harvest Homecoming Festival drawing over 600,000 people a year to downtown historical New Albany and the Riverfront. This Championship will be held on the Banks of the Ohio River next to the Brand New Amphitheater, Live Music Nightly, Beer Gardens, Park like settings, Water, Electric, Ice Provided. Teams in on Thursday and out Sunday. 200.00 entry fee
space limited this year to 30 teams and more sites for next year.
KCBS REPS-Kathy and Phillip Brazier
**Watch for Judge Class and Table Judge Class Notification**

This will be a cook friendly event that you won't want to miss,

When All The Smokes Clears And The Judges Scores Are Tallied Our Champion Will Stand And Declare "HOOSIER DADDY NOW?"

website coming real soon www.hoosierdaddybbq.com (http://www.hoosierdaddybbq.com) On Line registration, Judges, Professional Teams, Backyard

Kevin "Porkchop" Manring 502-664-7102
email info@hoosierdaddybbq.com

Dale P
06-29-2009, 03:56 PM
See you there!

juicybuttsbbq
06-29-2009, 04:35 PM
DP, You won't need AC at this one, but you might need a Blanket,, You and Mert can snuggle..:)

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
06-29-2009, 07:37 PM
We're Definately There! Yummy Snuggling Weather! What About Showers or do we just wash in the river? River = Motorboats

juicybuttsbbq
06-30-2009, 06:44 AM
Hot Showers or Cold Shower if you prefer at the YMCA by the Amphitheater, Yeck you can even get in a workout too,,,not saying you need it but DP "Fit for Life" May want to,, you know the way those Buffed Perry Dudes are!!

U2CANQUE
06-30-2009, 07:18 AM
This is now on the must watch list......depends on finances......but, I already know that if you folks are going to all be there, it will at least be some major fun....

Skinny Cook
06-30-2009, 08:11 AM
This contest will be taking place at a brand new venue. It runs rite along side the Ohio River and is the perfect place for a BBQ competition. You can set your smoker up, throw in a line to catch Catfish(DP's cold Chix works great for bait), and walk over the floodwall to the Harvest Homecomming Festival all at the same time. There will be more to see and do than you can imagine.

We hope to see you there. :-D

BTW Kathy & Phillip, the Harvest Homecomming colors are your fav shade of Tenn Orange. :wink:

Lippy
07-01-2009, 05:38 AM
Sounds like going to be a good comp. If finances look good, almost to close not to go.

juicybuttsbbq
07-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Got the Paper work together today on the Judging Class,, now We have to set a date,, I Like that Thursday the week of the event,, what do you guys think???

andy_christy
07-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Will the contestants be vending Q or will there only be vendors like in Jeffersonville? If so will there be more than 2?

juicybuttsbbq
07-02-2009, 06:19 AM
We are working with the Floyd County Health Dept to work out having teams that want to serve. But they will have to be Permitted, Serve-safe Certified and Set-up or Rig Inspected and be setup by the stage and near the Beer Tents,, The Festival will have everykind of food you can imagine in the main vending section of the festival.. We will be posting an Application Link for BBQ vending on the website. www.hoosierdaddybbq.com (http://www.hoosierdaddybbq.com) ~Porkchop

juicybuttsbbq
07-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Any Brethren Teams interested at Vending At Hoosier Daddy? A few teams expressed an Interest a couple months back just need to know if I should go forward with Health Dept. please contact me this week, if Not I'll Turn this over to Vendor Committee of the Festival with regional BBQ Vendors and start going throught the list to get the good ones. ~Thanks, Porkchop

Double D's BBQ
07-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Kevin,

Best of luck with the contest. I saw on the KCBS website where it is a State Championship so I'm assuming that you have a Governors proclamation for the event. Is this a first year contest? In other words will you be needing 15 or 25 teams to make it a qualifier? Also what is the prize money and how many places are you planning on paying out? Thank you in advance for answers to these questions.

Dallas
Double D's BBQ

Smoky River BBQ
07-06-2009, 10:41 AM
I am going to try my best to make this one. After I win my GC at Madison this year, the finances may look a little better.. HAHA :icon_shy

juicybuttsbbq
07-06-2009, 02:32 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/papashowcow/HoosierDaddyProclamationcopy.jpg
Hey Dallas,, This is a first Year so 15 & yes we have the Proclamation,, this Event is going to soo coool in all aspects weather, Location, Atmosphere
This Year Guarantee pay out is 4000.00, paying back 5 spots this year Based on 20 teams, If more teams come of course the pay out will increase. After this year our electric and water will be paid for and the purse will increase in the future.
Also We are very close on a Sponsor for a Hoosier Triple Crown award in conjunction with Madison's Ribberfest, Jeffersonville's Smokin on the River, and New Albany's "Hoosier Daddy" and that adward will be escrowed and grow each year until someone wins it that's pretty Cool,, Hopefully we can announce this very soon and post the details,, Shoot Podge already has the first leg whooped

Double D's BBQ
07-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the answers Kevin. Looks like its shaping up to be a great contest and you've thought everything very well out. I like the idea of an Idiana Triple Crown. We'll give the contest serious consideration. Best of luck to you! Indiana really has it going with all the new contests.

Dallas

U2CANQUE
07-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Shoot Podge already has the first leg whooped yeah, the gameface in Jeffersonville was on.......me, just had the sweat on......

juicybuttsbbq
07-06-2009, 04:09 PM
hahaha Rob!!! Lot's of Sweat was going On!!!

Lippy
07-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Sweat? What sweat? Our food was just a little more salty then normal.

U2CANQUE
07-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Our food was just a little more salty then normal you are not lying there!!!

juicybuttsbbq
07-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the reply Rob,, your advice was well taken during the meeting last night

U2CANQUE
07-08-2009, 02:50 PM
glad to give any feedback.....appreciate the hard work that it takes to get everything in place.......see ya this weekend.......you bringing the entire Juicy Butts Nation with ya?

juicybuttsbbq
07-08-2009, 03:06 PM
hahaha That's what fun and fabulous about Juicy Butts,,, everywhere you go your "Juicy Butts Nation" Everyone Loves Juicy Butts,,,hahaha just try to say Juicy Butts without Smiling

U2CANQUE
07-08-2009, 03:19 PM
impossible.....have you guys started mass producing shirts yet?.........

Podge
07-08-2009, 03:29 PM
yeah, the gameface in Jeffersonville was on.......me, just had the sweat on......

Geez, I guess I better ink this contest on my calendar !

U2CANQUE
07-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Geez, I guess I better ink this contest on my calendar !
Dont worry, I will pull some strings, and I bet I can even get you in for free......but, it will cost you one winning chicken recipe though:rolleyes:......ok, to the corner now.....

Skinny Cook
07-08-2009, 07:23 PM
impossible.....have you guys started mass producing shirts yet?.........

We already do. Just hit our website or send us an email. We will send the shirt. :biggrin:

U2CANQUE
07-08-2009, 07:29 PM
laughs, or just bring a 2xl this weekend to Kettering...lol.......

U2CANQUE
07-08-2009, 07:32 PM
wait, you guys are not on the list......thought you were there this weekend....

Podge
07-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Dont worry, I will pull some strings, and I bet I can even get you in for free......but, it will cost you one winning chicken recipe though:rolleyes:......ok, to the corner now.....

well, i will say this about chicken, i've seen people overthink it way too much on this website !!!

Skinny Cook
07-08-2009, 07:39 PM
wait, you guys are not on the list......thought you were there this weekend....

We are not competing, Pork Chop says he is driving up there just to look the VA Hospital over. I'm guessing he is sneakin up there to catch a good Chicken recipe ? :eek: :lol:

U2CANQUE
07-08-2009, 07:40 PM
well, i will say this about chicken, i've seen people overthink it way too much on this website
back to basics is the theme of the weekend.....travel safe bud....I lifted the restraining order....now, the potholes, I am not responsible for....I swear

juicybuttsbbq
07-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah I'm picking up my old Army MediVac Crew in Cincy and we're heading up,, The VA Holds A special Place in This Old Thumpin Gizzard of Mine,, Dad was a "Hill 303" POW and Purple Heart Korean Vet, and I Ran Medivac as a Flight Nurse during my stint.
here a Link to the work being completed at the venue for Hoosier Daddy,, it will give you an idea of the setting,, cause once 50,000 people get down there you wont see the grass and street,,haha
http://brokensidewalk.com/2009/05/12/new-albanys-riverfront-amphitheater-under-construction/#more-4707

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
07-13-2009, 06:46 AM
Porkchop
will you have Information on the Harvest Homecoming Beer Walk on the website,, I Looked everywhere for info but can't find it,, but everyone talks about this,, where does the walk start?? I know it Friday afternoon and I wanna make Sure Perry Bros, Hoosier Craw, Podge, Sid, Fly Burritos and That Ohio City Boy get to go walking from tavern to tavern,,, don't worry guys you'll be back in plenty enough time to get your meat on,:wink::wink:

Double D's BBQ
07-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Looks like a beautiful site, Kevin. We're going to do everything we can to try and make it and Nelsonville back to back.

Dallas

juicybuttsbbq
07-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Hot Racks you Crack me Up,, You Are sooo Helpful,, if they do the Walk They'll certainly have their Game faces on,,,and a little swagger in the walk too!
I try to find all the Info on it,, Ya Know it's the "Unofficial" Harvest Homecoming Beer Walk, that why it's not on the websites,, But Scott Minyard the chair of Hoosier Daddy "Knows All" I Know It Starts at the Beer Tent after the Business Luncheon on Friday then down Main Street over to Market Down Pearl ending I think at ummmm I Don't remember,, Kendra Knows more than she's telling,, she tripped or stumbled over the curb last year.. but there is three new Micro Breweries down there also..
Dbl D I Appreciate your interest and tell little D That we'll try to find some bOOkends with Pom Poms that he can get up next too for a photo..:)

Dale P
07-13-2009, 08:42 AM
We need to make sure that Craw-daddy becomes CRAWL daddy. If you know what I mean. lol
2 in a row. Wow.

juicybuttsbbq
07-13-2009, 09:59 AM
We need to make sure that Craw-daddy becomes CRAWL daddy. If you know what I mean. lol
2 in a row. Wow.

hahaha Crawl Daddy :twisted::twisted::rolleyes:

DP the Granddaughter is doing good,, surgery was successful,,pretty pink cast now adores her little Punchin Arm,,hahahaa still Mean as a Snake!!

Skinny Cook
07-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Porkchop
will you have Information on the Harvest Homecoming Beer Walk on the website,, I Looked everywhere for info but can't find it,, but everyone talks about this,, where does the walk start?? I know it Friday afternoon and I wanna make Sure Perry Bros, Hoosier Craw, Podge, Sid, Fly Burritos and That Ohio City Boy get to go walking from tavern to tavern,,, don't worry guys you'll be back in plenty enough time to get your meat on

HEY you forget somebody ??? Can I cheat and use my FATBOY dolly ?? :shock: :lol:

I'll just go to the one acrossed from the jail and wait for you to catch up. :lol:

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
07-13-2009, 01:52 PM
First of all! It was not just a small curb. It was about a 2-foot drop off. Hey, I only had to go to the ER the next day after knocking someone's air conditioner clear off the foundation. I usually do the night time beer walk, but there is one that starts about 2p or so. Let me see if I can remember all of the bars down there in a 3-block area: Hitchin Post (we always start here), Love's, New Albanian Microbrew, Conners, Hugh E Bir's, Pasttimes, VFW, Studios, Wick's Pizza and Pub, new one going in the old Russ's, and something in the old New Albany Bread Company. Probably a couple more. There is a beer tent down on the riverfront as well. I need to learn how to sleep to compete in these things though. MB Keri still drinking vodka at 7am is not a good idea!

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
07-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Skinny, that's the Hitchin Post and actually this is where we start!

Dale P
07-13-2009, 02:04 PM
If Matt and I make it to Wicks pizza, we may never leave.

Love it.

juicybuttsbbq
07-13-2009, 03:01 PM
I just Proved the Website!!! as soon as they make the changes it will be up and running. Hopefully by the weekend, It will have On Line sign up since everyone liked it last time.

Lippy
07-13-2009, 04:06 PM
PorKChop, The place looks great. Can we just start at Wicks? Would make it a lot easier.

juicybuttsbbq
07-13-2009, 07:12 PM
hahaha That's where I'll Be,,, In My Usual Booth,,,I'll Meet you guys there,,, Trying to get turn-ins there,,hehehe

Skinny Cook
07-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Skinny, that's the Hitchin Post and actually this is where we start!

Hondo will keep me company till you crawl back. :lol:

Wicks ? When did they open a place there ?? Is that the same guy as in Louisville ? :roll: I'd rather grill some big ole 2" thick Steaks, Vidallia Onions, and Corn on the Cob.

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
07-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Opening in the old Speak Easy. You know, the place Dan wanted for his restaurant. Backs up to Hondo's.

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
07-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Oh, and yes. The same as Wick's in Louisville. DELICIOUS!!

Skinny Cook
07-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Oh, and yes. The same as Wick's in Louisville. DELICIOUS!!

Tony Impellizzeri's will put Wicks in the trash can. :lol:

I'll take you & Pork Chop out there. Dale P can go too. :wink:

Smoky River BBQ
07-14-2009, 03:09 PM
2 in a row. Wow.

Doug is my brother in law, so I can expose weaknesses to you...but I do charge a beer or two.. lol

Dale P
07-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Tony Impellizzeri's will put Wicks in the trash can. :lol:

I'll take you & Pork Chop out there. Dale P can go too. :wink:

I cant argue that at all. Impellizeris is my favorite. Wicks is still good though. Hometown Pizza is another one around here that I dont mind going to either.

Roger, what does Doug really like to drink? hee hee hee!

juicybuttsbbq
07-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Luigi's is the Best

thunter
07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Heck this is only 2 hours from Indy! I am going and I hope to see/meet you brethren there! :)

Podge
07-14-2009, 07:13 PM
I hit the Impellizeris for lunch when i can.. My wife likes Wicks the best, and I like Bearno's the best !!.. but for a stromboli, I go to Arni's !

Skinny Cook
07-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Heck this is only 2 hours from Indy! I am going and I hope to see/meet you brethren there! :)

Just look for the "EVERYONE LOVES JUICY BUTTS" shirts. :lol:

Hope to see you there. :wink:

Skinny Cook
07-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Luigi's is the Best

HA ! He must put Adobo chili powder on his pizza ?? :roll: :lol:

Sounds like we need a Pizza throwdown ?? :icon_devil

juicybuttsbbq
07-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Somebody Told Me that "Old Dave" Makes a Pretty Good Pizza,, I Know Grill Seargents made a mighty Good One In Madison last year,, Maybe that could be a Catagory :)

Anybody Wanna Judge????

juicybuttsbbq
07-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Tony,, You have to Come!! You'll be Representing The Capital,,Maybe you can take that Hoosier Daddy Plaque back to the Heart of Hoosier Land!!

thunter
07-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Tony,, You have to Come!! You'll be Representing The Capital,,Maybe you can take that Hoosier Daddy Plaque back to the Heart of Hoosier Land!!

Sold! :) I am going. Besides... my wife said I could last night! lol! :-D

Skinny Cook
07-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Sold! :) I am going. Besides... my wife said I could last night! lol! :-D

:shock: :lol:

That sounds like my house. :icon_devil

juicybuttsbbq
07-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Dallas Tell Little D the Offers for Cheerleaders have been coming in by the truckloads,,check out this truckload suggested anonymously by DP I Think,,
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/86196/Ugly.png

Dale P
07-16-2009, 07:40 AM
I do like red heads but i have a NEW rule. If I cant pick them up off of the ground for a few seconds, I tell them my name is Rob and I am from Cleveland Ohio.

Double D's BBQ
07-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Dallas Tell Little D the Offers for Cheerleaders have been coming in by the truckloads,,check out this truckload suggested anonymously by DP I Think,,
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I can see why you need truckloads Porkchop to bring these mama's in. I'll have to blindfold Little D the entire contest if those are the cheerleaders. Might be too truamatic for Dan to handle!:-D

BLUECHIP BBQ
07-16-2009, 10:03 AM
have they set a date for the judging class?
thanks

U2CANQUE
07-16-2009, 01:31 PM
I tell them my name is Rob and I am from Cleveland Ohio.....phew, just glad that their truck would run out of gas before they got out of KY....may have to move up to Canada if not.....lol......Kentucky Born, Grain Fed....isn't that where you been getting your brisket Dale?:twisted:

Lippy
07-16-2009, 04:06 PM
I don't know what to say. I'm speechless.:confused:

Skinny Cook
07-16-2009, 04:08 PM
I do like red heads but i have a NEW rule. If I cant pick them up off of the ground for a few seconds, I tell them my name is Rob and I am from Cleveland Ohio.

:eek: ROFLMAO !!! Now that was funny !!!

Dale you could always use them as a MOTORBOAT instead of picking them up ??? :lol:

Skinny Cook
07-16-2009, 04:09 PM
have they set a date for the judging class?
thanks

Not yet, it's still being decided. :smile:

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
07-16-2009, 05:04 PM

HAHAHA!!! Hide Your Chicken Legs BOYS

Skinny Cook
07-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Dang Pork Chop that ruined my dinner !!! :eek: :lol:

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
07-17-2009, 10:05 AM
When's the website gonna be up and running?

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
07-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Ah Porkchop! You weren't supposed to post that picture of our newest teammates. They were gonna make their debut down at Hoosier Daddy?!!

Lippy
07-17-2009, 11:59 AM
New name: "Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks, Featuring Saggy Racks and BBQ Rolls" ?

CaptTable
07-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Keep on being mean and somebody will take away your Reserve!:twisted:

Lippy
07-17-2009, 12:05 PM
I can laugh at that now.

juicybuttsbbq
07-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Site is Up! http://www.hoosierdaddybbq.com/ Ed/KCBS is seeing if our date of 8th Oct 2009 will work for the judging class
hopefully we'll know soon

Double D's BBQ
07-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Pretty slick looking site there Kevin!

We just signed up for the contest on the site. Very cool!

Dallas

juicybuttsbbq
07-17-2009, 02:34 PM
We got it!! Thanks Bunches

Skinny Cook
07-17-2009, 08:50 PM
OK, where's Smokey Jeep on that site ?? He cooked the first, original JUICY BUTTS BBQ. :mrgreen:

juicybuttsbbq
07-17-2009, 09:03 PM
If you double click the vistor counter on the Hoosier Daddy Website it will show you where everyone is, that has looked at the site,, somebody just east of Africa looked it this afternoon,, awesome!! Hoosier Daddy is going global!!!

Skinny Cook
07-17-2009, 09:19 PM
I hit the Impellizeris for lunch when i can.. My wife likes Wicks the best, and I like Bearno's the best !!.. but for a stromboli, I go to Arni's !

ARNI's ?? :eek: :lol:

Podge, I took Pork Chop for his first visit to Tony Impellizzeri's today. I'm guessin he won't eat for a day or two. :lol:

BTW I told Tony that you frequent his place and he said to make sure you introduce yourself next trip in. :wink:

juicybuttsbbq
07-17-2009, 09:26 PM
haha Don't tell him you know Skinny,,he'll put a little extra on your pie,, Isn't a Stromboli that thing that clean the Ice at the Hockey Game??

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
07-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Lippy, I went thru town today, Wick's isn't open, but they're working on it, it's two blocks from where the Contest will be, It's a really a cool old Building and there's Micro Bars all over down there and a Liquor Store at the end of the street where we'll be setting up that I never new was there..

The Pigman
07-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Wow first year and your pic on website

See you there!

The Pigman
07-20-2009, 09:40 AM
JayAre Rob found his girls he will need alittle extra space and a new addition to trailer to hold them.

The Pigman
07-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Dale p may be looking for a camp to hang out in as dont know if I will have a job by then. Went back to work after Kettering after 2 weeks vac and they laid off another 100. So dont know if I will be competeing but would like to hang with you guys. Hell I will even bring some Goetta. May just start that as my next 2 weeks vac and end it with Nelasonville. The pub crawl does sound good exspessially if I am not competeing. Screwed myself at Kettering was sober and cooked from wrong side of smoker...............

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
07-20-2009, 11:19 AM
that I never new was there..

Hey What can I say It's "Kentucky Spelling" I wanted Lippy to be able to understand,, plus I typed it really slow cause he and DP don't read real fast...:shock::shock::shock:

Lippy
07-20-2009, 04:01 PM
The problem is I read it and thought it was fine. The crawl sounds cool. MAybe for Saturday.

Podge
07-21-2009, 08:47 AM
ARNI's ?? :eek: :lol:

Podge, I took Pork Chop for his first visit to Tony Impellizzeri's today. I'm guessin he won't eat for a day or two. :lol:

BTW I told Tony that you frequent his place and he said to make sure you introduce yourself next trip in. :wink:

I go to the Impellizzeri's off of the corner of hurstbourne lane and shelbyville road, not the one on bardstown.

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
07-21-2009, 09:08 AM
They have a poker crawl on Sat., but I think it starts right around the time of awards. Heck, Hot Racks might as well go ahead and forego the awards anyway. There will be plenty visiting the downtown pubs/taverns Sat. night as well.

juicybuttsbbq
07-21-2009, 08:00 PM
not the one on bardstown.
Good Thang,,, Bunch of Weird People hang around Bardstown Rd,,:shock:

Skinny hangs with Tony out there on Shelbyville Rd,, Juicy Butts is on the Wall :wink:

Skinny Cook
07-21-2009, 09:14 PM
I go to the Impellizzeri's off of the corner of hurstbourne lane and shelbyville road, not the one on bardstown.

Podge THE Hurstbourne/Shelbyville Rd store IS Tony's !! That's where I go all the time & it's the ONLY place I will eat Pizza.

Make sure to say hi to him. :wink:

Podge
07-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Podge THE Hurstbourne/Shelbyville Rd store IS Tony's !! That's where I go all the time & it's the ONLY place I will eat Pizza.

Is he the short, skinny dude with black/grey hair and glasses ?

Skinny Cook
07-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Is he the short, skinny dude with black/grey hair and glasses ?

That be him. The only guy in the kitchen. :wink:

Podge
07-22-2009, 12:10 PM
That be him. The only guy in the kitchen. :wink:

and he is moving non-stop.. !!!!.. I'll be sure to tell him skinny sent me when i go back !

Skinny Cook
07-22-2009, 09:18 PM
and he is moving non-stop.. !!!!.. I'll be sure to tell him skinny sent me when i go back !

Yep, that's what keeps him so skinny cause it sure ain't his breadsticks !! :lol:

juicybuttsbbq
07-23-2009, 06:43 AM
OKay They Just Announced the Theme of this years Harvest Homecoming "Fall Mardi Gras",,,,Best Decorated Space!!!,,,DP Get your Beads Ready,,MB for Beads,,,:)

Dale P
07-23-2009, 07:52 AM
The only decoration you might see at our site is a big sign that will be placed for all to see during the hours of 7pm Friday until 2pm Saturday and it says-

"This team is busy cooking and they want to win this competition.
If you want a free sample or want to learn how we do things just see our new PR person who is very easy to find.
Look for and go straight to Helen Wait."

I like it.

The Pigman
07-23-2009, 09:05 AM
LOL
I like that.........

The only decoration you might see at our site is a big sign that will be placed for all to see during the hours of 7pm Friday until 2pm Saturday and it says-

If you want a free sample or want to learn how we do things just see our new PR person who is very easy to find.

I like it.

Skinny Cook
07-23-2009, 12:28 PM

I like it.

I LOVE it !!! I KNOW we need that sign ! :eusa_clap

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
07-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Sweet! I love that idea.

Dale P
07-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Hahahaha

juicybuttsbbq
07-23-2009, 09:13 PM
just see our new PR person who is very easy to find.
She's from Puerto Rico,,
With a Name Like Helen?????

Dale P
07-23-2009, 09:18 PM
She is from Mexico but she isnt even close to being as spicy as any girl who hails from Indiana.

Skinny Cook
07-24-2009, 11:39 AM
She is from Mexico but she isnt even close to being as spicy as any girl who hails from Indiana.

Probably never seen a motorboat huh Dale ? :eek: :lol:

Dale P
07-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Nope, no motorboats for me. I am a happily married man.

Skinny Cook
07-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Nope, no motorboats for me. I am a happily married man.

Me too Dale. :cool:

Lippy
07-24-2009, 09:24 PM
What's a motorboat?LOL

Skinny Cook
07-25-2009, 01:13 AM
What's a motorboat?LOL

We will answer you when we see you in October. :icon_shy

juicybuttsbbq
07-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Skinny your buddies in Melbourne Australia have hit the map on Hoosier Daddy,, wouldn't that be cool if they came?? Click the
There are
http://whos.amung.us/widget/bhb2ojmb2dfc/Hoosier%20Daddy%20State%20BBQ%20Championship (http://whos.amung.us/stats/bhb2ojmb2dfc/)
Visitors right now
to see

Skinny Cook
07-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Skinny your buddies in Melbourne Australia have hit the map on Hoosier Daddy,, wouldn't that be cool if they came?? Click the
There are
http://whos.amung.us/widget/bhb2ojmb2dfc/Hoosier%20Daddy%20State%20BBQ%20Championship (http://whos.amung.us/stats/bhb2ojmb2dfc/)
Visitors right now
to see

I see that. VERY COOL !! JUICY BUTTS BBQ GOES WORLD WIDE !! :lol:

Thanks for the heads up PC.

juicybuttsbbq
07-28-2009, 07:54 AM
I Know you guys are wondering about the Judge Class, I've gotten the emails and phone calls,, KCBS is still finding a instructor for our Judging Class,, Oct 8th 2009, Northside Christian Church, New Albany Indiana is the Location we've selected but has not been confimed with KCBS as of yet, Right now we have 22 people on the list,,and I wanted to hand out information at Jasper this weekend,,,Ed says he'll contact me as soon as he has a instructor.. Call Me for addtional information 502-664-7102 or Email me info@juicybuttsbbq.com if you want to get on the list.

Smoky River BBQ
07-28-2009, 10:42 AM

I have been hearing a lot about this pizza. Someone will have to show me the way so that I can try it myself!

Dale P
07-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Roger, the Super Sicillian is the best pizza I have ever tried.

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
07-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey, I think New Albany should buy some of this infamous pizza for the Friday night cooks meeting! Ooh, Wicks may get mad though.

juicybuttsbbq
07-28-2009, 04:28 PM
I thought about having the cooks compete in a slider eating competition before the Beer Walk,,ooohh that would be Ugly!!!!

Skinny Cook
07-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey, I think New Albany should buy some of this infamous pizza for the Friday night cooks meeting! Ooh, Wicks may get mad though.

Just let me know. I have the technology to make this happen. :lol:

Wicks get mad ?? :roll:

Skinny Cook
07-28-2009, 05:45 PM
I thought about having the cooks compete in a slider eating competition before the Beer Walk,,ooohh that would be Ugly!!!!

OMG the poor folks downwind on Sat AM !! :eek: :lol:

PC you ain't right buddy.

Smoky River BBQ
07-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Just let me know. I have the technology to make this happen. :lol:

Wicks get mad ?? :roll:

I could go for a cooks meeting like that! Hmmm...technology could be a wonderful thing :smile:

juicybuttsbbq
08-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Here is the layout of Hoosier Daddy,, 30 pro sites, Setup is Level Asphalt with grass on either side, spaces are 20 x 30+ First Come First Serve, Electric and Water. Backyard will be setup in parking lot across from Pro Teams behind sponsors booths, 16 spaces 12' x 15' No Electric/shared water.
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/papashowcow/HoosierDaddyLayout-1-1.jpg

juicybuttsbbq
08-02-2009, 09:27 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=riverfront+amphitheather,+new+albany+indiana&ie=UTF8&ll=38.281894,-85.821837&spn=0.00395,0.006877&t=h&z=17

This is an Old Image but you can kinda get an idea of where we're setting up.
The New Pedway is not shown on google earth yet

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
08-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Layout looks good. Little tough to read, but I know the area. Getting vamped up!

juicybuttsbbq
08-12-2009, 11:37 AM
OKAY Just Got Word Today,, KCBS Judging Class Is Back On we Finally got a Instructor,, Oct 8th 5pm Northside Christian Church New Albany 45.00 KCBS Members
80.00 Non Members, 21 confirmed on the List, Info & sign up should be on the website tomorrow Call Me for Questions 502-664-7102

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
08-13-2009, 06:58 AM
Can a person take the class then judge Hoosier Daddy while their in town?

juicybuttsbbq
08-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Hott Racks,, I'm Sorry but No,, we are just about to the Limit anyway with Experienced CBJ for the Hoosier Daddy,, But if those folks wanna stay and judge the Traeger Backyard Hot-N-Fast they could get experience but no KCBS Credit for judging it,, The Backyards will be cooking the 4 Meat Catagories, and Scored with KCBS System,, they will get a chance to use what was taught and what to expect when they do get the apportunity to Judge the Pro's,,, this would be like a follow up to the class.
Now Speaking entirely for myself,,, I would rather be judged by a group of CBJ that had a couple events under their belts and I realize that everyone has to start somewhere,, But using the Traeger Backyard with the KCBS scoring system, turn in presentation and meats that their going to see down the road would be really helpful for everyone,, the Backyard Judges that we used for Blues Cruise and BBQ are now signed up to to take the CBJ class, those folks now know what to expect on the Pro Side, Kathy, Phillip and their Table Capt Mr Miller worked with them as they Scored the Backyarders cooking 4 catagories and they scored using KCBS system,, that Experience has set their Hook into KCBS and that is what we're trying to Acheive with the Hoosier Daddy Format,,

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
08-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Darlin Thanks I related your answer and They wanna know how to sign up for judging the Backyard,, do they do that on line also? or do they Email you?

Porkchop what was you thinking when you started that reply,, "Hott" with two TT:)

HickoryFlats
08-16-2009, 07:19 AM
OK, after reading this entire thread how could I say no even if Perry Bros. are going to be there. I just signed up.

Paul

Lippy
08-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Paul we are the main attraction.

Dale P
08-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Perry Brothers (pear-ree bruth'ers)
1- Awesome
2- to prevail
3- To strike fear upon bbq teams from Indiana, and Cleveland Ohio

:razz:

HickoryFlats
08-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Dale, if that's the case then I'll just let Pat cook and I'll hang out at the New Albanian and just come by for the awards.

Paul

Dale P
08-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Wouldnt be the same without you there ol buddy.

Only thing people fear from us in when we find their coolers.

juicybuttsbbq
08-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Paul Thanks for the Note,, I'll def be by in Madison,,I'm Glad your Coming to Hoosier Daddy,, I was begining to think I'd be the only "Hoosier" There,, Notice I put you on top of those Perry Brothers,,,You Gotta stay on top of them ya Know!!!

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
08-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Hey, I see the Harvest Homecoming site is finally updated for 2009. I heard that Wick's Pizza and Steinerts Tavern both opened in the last two weeks as well!!

juicybuttsbbq
08-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Just to let everyone Know,,, we have 9 spots left for the KCBS judging class Oct 8th 2009 @ 5:00,, if you want to come don't delay any longer just sign up on Line www.hoosierdaddybbq.com (http://www.hoosierdaddybbq.com) we will post this Sept 1 2009 and advertise locally to fill the remaining spots,, if you have any questions be do not hestitate to call me 502-664-7102---Thanks Porkchop

Podge
08-24-2009, 01:32 PM
so, is there, or is there not, going to be a triple crown for Indiana this year ??

juicybuttsbbq
08-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Funny you should ask,, I'm in the Parking Lot of one of the sponsors trying to get an Answer,, I'll post after My Meeting at 4:00pm,,,,stay tuned

HickoryFlats
08-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Podge, it could be a showdown.

Paul

juicybuttsbbq
08-24-2009, 04:51 PM
I Just Love Corp Lawyers and all that goes with them,, But we're closer I think,, Here ya Go,, Originally they wanted a 2500.00 starting purse a Grand Champion of All three events and 1000 added yearly, that's almost impossible with all the good cooks out there, so Here's what I asked for as of today... Win Place or Show all three highest score tie breaker, 2000.00 starting pot & each year the pot increases 1000 with the donation escrowed until a winner acheives, and to benefit teams cooking in the events every year,, highest accumulated score in all three events gets paid entry into following year competitions at Jeffersonville's Smokin on the River, Madison Ribberfest, New Albany's Hoosier Daddy,, they are chewing on this while I await our next meeting Sept 1 2009,, I'm still shooting for this year,,I let you know as soon as I get an answer ~Porkchop

Podge
08-25-2009, 07:24 AM
I Just Love Corp Lawyers and all that goes with them,, But we're closer I think,, Here ya Go,, Originally they wanted a 2500.00 starting purse a Grand Champion of All three events and 1000 added yearly, that's almost impossible with all the good cooks out there, so Here's what I asked for as of today... Win Place or Show all three highest score tie breaker, 2000.00 starting pot & each year the pot increases 1000 with the donation escrowed until a winner acheives, and to benefit teams cooking in the events every year,, highest accumulated score in all three events gets paid entry into following year competitions at Jeffersonville's Smokin on the River, Madison Ribberfest, New Albany's Hoosier Daddy,, they are chewing on this while I await our next meeting Sept 1 2009,, I'm still shooting for this year,,I let you know as soon as I get an answer ~Porkchop

Thanks for the update, sounds interesting.

Podge
08-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Podge, it could be a showdown.

Paul

Hell, the way you've been cooking it'll be more of a stomping that a showdown !

U2CANQUE
08-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Paul and Podge, you guys can take a vacation day....we won't complain, I swear......

Podge
08-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Paul and Podge, you guys can take a vacation day....we won't complain, I swear......

I'm already a has-been.. Paul is the one to watch. He'll hit a G.C. before long.

juicybuttsbbq
08-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Just Got Home from a Very Very Interesting Meeting,,, pretty sure I'll have something to announce to you guys Next Week on the Triple Crown,,, Fingers Crossed,,,stay tuned,,,oooh and BTW,, Paul,,I May take you up on the cooking offer for the BBQ Judging Class,,, We are Getting LOADED UP!

jonboy
08-31-2009, 07:43 AM
Just checking on judging class....are there any chairs left for the class?
I submitted this morning but haven't heard anything yet.
thanks,
jonboy

juicybuttsbbq
08-31-2009, 09:26 AM
Jonboy, We have a few seats left, we added another cook but those seat are filling up fast,, I'd say by this weekend I expect it to be full
I got your info Jonboy and you have seat

juicybuttsbbq
08-31-2009, 12:55 PM
WOO HOO!! Old Dave is Coming!!! Odds are getting better that a Hoosier Might Win the Hoosier Daddy!!!! hahaha

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
09-01-2009, 06:02 AM
better be watching and rootin for Hot Racks cause that Trophy is OURS! Hey I hear the BBQ Class is Nearly full,, do you need another cook?

U2CANQUE
09-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Thinking that it is time that a Buckeye comes and takes one from IN.....talk about the ultimate taunt...."Hoosier Daddy".......*response*.....O-H-I-O:twisted:

juicybuttsbbq
09-01-2009, 09:19 AM
hahaha,, A Buckeye with a Twist of Vinegar Sauce,, I thought Hickory Flats had a pretty good shot,,, Hope Paul remembers to take his Ginko Biloba,,hehehehe

indianagriller
09-02-2009, 03:12 AM
Any more seats for the judging class?

juicybuttsbbq
09-02-2009, 06:21 AM
Indiana we have five seats left with the Current Cooks, We've already moved from a classroom to a Large Room at the Church. It's going to be a Great Class with Plenty of exchanges. I'll Prob add another cook anyway because I have a News release that went out locally yesterday and 6 Locals signed up last night alone.
~Porkchop

Fired Up
09-02-2009, 09:00 AM
If anyone needs a helper for this event I would be glad to join up. I am taking the judges class on Thursday and will be there the whole weekend. More info about me on my post in the team mentoring section.

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
09-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Porkchop, looks like it's filling up. Old Dave must have alot of pull! Wish me (notice my team isn't gonna be around to help) luck this weekend, and hope to see you down at the lake.

juicybuttsbbq
09-02-2009, 11:12 AM
I think everyone wants to see The Comedy of the Perry Brothers or Them Ohio City Boys maybe they want to see if Paul pulls all the Pins Out this time,,, Or it might be the Beeer Walk!!! hehehe
You'll be fine this weekend,,, Who's Judging???

juicybuttsbbq
09-02-2009, 03:16 PM
I'm already a has-been.. Paul is the one to watch. He'll hit a G.C. before long.
Heck He Even gives the Judges A Tooth Pick with his Entries!!!
Sorry Paul I couldn't resist

Short Note to Everyone, We Now have four Seats Left for the Judging Class!

juicybuttsbbq
09-03-2009, 09:27 AM
We are adding another cook for the Judging Class on Oct 8th as we are overwhelmed with request,
Hoosier Daddy has 6 Pro Spots Left for this year.
Our Current list is:
B&R BBQ SALES
Perry Brothers and Sons
Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
Them Ohio City Boys
Indy Smokehouse
Double D's BBQ
Hoosier Crawdaddy
Bluechip BBQ
ZZ-QUE
Pirates of the Grill
Egg & the Family Stone
Hickory Flats BBQ
BBQologist
TCA Smokers
JT's Smokin BBQ
Weiskracks
Stink-Eye BBQ
Smoking Cures Hunger
Ribs & Bibs
Making Meat BBQ
The Rolling Bones
Getta Que
Pig-Pak
Spring Lake BBQ
The Brethren is represented quite well in this gathering.

We Also have quite a few Amatuer Spots to fill yet
Thanks Ya'll
~Porkchop

EatonHoggBBQ
09-03-2009, 10:15 AM
This looks like it's going to be a real good contest. Hope to meet some new Brethren there.

Skinny Cook
09-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Dang Pork Chop where is SHIGS N PIT ?? I can't believe they aren't comming ?

Are all the donated Treagers spoken for yet ?

Podge
09-03-2009, 10:29 AM
We are adding another cook for the Judging Class on Oct 8th as we are overwhelmed with request,
Hoosier Daddy has 5 Pro Spots Left for this year.
Our Current list is:
B&R BBQ SALES
Perry Brothers and Sons
Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
Them Ohio City Boys
Indy Smokehouse
Double D's BBQ
Hoosier Crawdaddy
Moonswiners
Bluechip BBQ
ZZ-QUE
Pirates of the Grill
Egg & the Family Stone
Hickory Flats BBQ
BBQologist
TCA Smokers
JT's Smokin BBQ
Weiskracks
Stink-Eye BBQ
Smoking Cures Hunger
Ribs & Bibs
Making Meat BBQ
The Rolling Bones
Getta Que
Pig-Pak
Spring Lake BBQ
The Brethren is represented quite well in this gathering.

We Also have quite a few Amatuer Spots to fill yet
Thanks Ya'll
~Porkchop

Wow !!.. did i get a free entry ? because I haven't sent one in.

juicybuttsbbq
09-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Sorry Podge I was holding a spot for you from our Private Message 7-19,,, Whoa Sorry I Assumed,, Totally My Bad, I'll Correct It..

Podge
09-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Sorry Podge I was holding a spot for you from our Private Message 7-19,,, Whoa Sorry I Assumed,, Totally My Bad, I'll Correct It..

Hey ! I really appreciate !!.. don't think I don't..!! :-D:-D but I won't be making it this year.

juicybuttsbbq
09-03-2009, 11:05 AM
FIXED! Man I'm Sorry you won't make it,, Odds on a KY Team Winning the Covenant Hoosier Daddy Trophy Just Went Drastically Down :)

juicybuttsbbq
09-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Dang Pork Chop where is SHIGS N PIT ?? I can't believe they aren't comming ?

Are all the donated Treagers spoken for yet ?

Shigs is probably gearing bigger ventures,, As far as the Traegers I'll have to check and see how many Amatuers are going to be using,, I Know we have several out of state Amatuers using the opportunity to travel light and not worry about dragging along a cooker and others wanting to experience a Pellet Pooper. I'll let you know what I find Out

Podge
09-03-2009, 11:51 AM
FIXED! Man I'm Sorry you won't make it,, Odds on a KY Team Winning the Covenant Hoosier Daddy Trophy Just Went Drastically Down :)

Don't count out the perry bro.'s !!!..

CaptTable
09-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Perry Bros. would just get it taken away from them!

Skinny Cook
09-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Perry Bros. would just get it taken away from them!

LMAO,,,

BTW Phillip did you complete your traffic school class yet ? :tongue:

See you in Owensboro buddy. :biggrin:

juicybuttsbbq
09-03-2009, 02:00 PM
LMAO,,,

BTW Phillip did you complete your traffic school class yet ? :tongue:
I thought about Hiring a Designated Driver for Phillip, but it will be cheaper to tell everyone to keep their Awnings put up while Phillip is out and about on the cart unless they want a shiny new one..:eek::shock::eek: hahahaha We Love Ya Phillip!!

Dale P
09-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Bringing it back to Kentucky!

We might have a special guest cook.:eek:

juicybuttsbbq
09-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Wake Up DP,, Your Dreaming!!! Paul Says It His,,, If he can remember One Little Thing,,,,Hummmmm what Was It?????

Lippy
09-04-2009, 01:43 AM
We would only get it taken away if the Reps screwed up, or Rep. And I'm not talking about Kathy.

Podge
09-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Bringing it back to Kentucky!

We might have a special guest cook.:eek:

yeah, you never know !!

juicybuttsbbq
09-10-2009, 10:08 AM
I Think We Are Full!!! If All that signed up on line and sends in confirmations,, we will be FULL.. We met last night on the River trying to decide if we could add more team sites this year,, We could,,, but decided since this is the first year let's go with what we got and not take a chance of fouling up what we have planned so far. Last thing I want to do is foul anything up, The Judging Class is FULL to The Brim,, Certified Contest Judges FULL, PRO's FULL, and Backyards are getting there. Asphalt is DONE, Landscaping is Done, Amphitheater is DONE, Electric and Water is being put in this weekend,
I think we're Just About Ready!! Someone emailed me and asked what kind of electric is provided,,,,I was Told the Electric is a 110volt 20 amp single Pole???
(Bring Extra Cords and Hoses... The Army Corp of Engineers has there own way of doing things,, we don't get exactly what we ask for!!) I'll post Monday and email the teams what they install this weekend,, ~Porkchop

U2CANQUE
09-10-2009, 03:48 PM
looking forward to the trip.....checkola going out tomorrow......FINALLY back to OHIO.........phew

juicybuttsbbq
09-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Rob,,Glad ya had safe travel,, I was down at the river this morning watching the electric guys,,,,let's just say INTERESTING,,,Government works in strange way,,,I'll be back

Skinny Cook
09-11-2009, 08:32 PM
You got my chairlift installed yet ? :mrgreen:

CaptTable
09-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Hey, folks, all is well here in Mt. Carmel.. . .Paul finally made it here. Said his vehicle kept pulling into the parking lot of every "Staples" he went by!!:icon_blush:

Matt, Kathy said thanks for the comment earlier . . .I said #@!*&%$#!!!!

Good night, all!

juicybuttsbbq
09-11-2009, 10:53 PM
WHOA!!! That's Cruel !!!! Phillip, you wonder why nobody likes ya!! hahaha

Lippy
09-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Phillip you know everything comes straight from the heart.LOL

juicybuttsbbq
09-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Just Got back from the Riverfront,, They have the Electric Panels Located in two locations along the Pedway,, Teams will be setup on the approx. 700LF asphalt pedway and they have two electric panels 330lf apart with 30 20amp outlets in each,,,,If this is right someone may have to use 150lf cords,,, Dang That Not what I asked for,, Government Doing their Own Thing!!! Let me make some calls!! OBTW
T-Shirts (BLACK) LOOK GREAT!!!!!

U2CANQUE
09-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Let me make some calls!!
Keep up the good work....and keep us updated so we can plan ahead

juicybuttsbbq
09-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Rob You May Want to Pack Scissors,, No Cleveland Style Shirt ordered these all have Sleeves,,hehehehe

U2CANQUE
09-13-2009, 07:28 AM
moi?......sleeveless?......why you must have been talking to Shawn from Butts and Breastts.......lol

Dale P
09-13-2009, 07:38 AM
Can we be set up next to Them Ohio City Boys since his purty girlfriend is going to be there?
Remember Rob, it doesnt hurt to look. lol

U2CANQUE
09-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Laughing, I would not have it any other way.....my fav's to be set up next to.....if all else fails, it ends up being a great time.....

Dale P
09-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Is Monty pigthon coming? If so, they are great neighbors too. I could go on for hours.

HickoryFlats
09-14-2009, 06:21 AM
I cooked with Old Dave of Ribs and Bibs in Mt. Carmel and Phillip was kind enough to set up a metal detector at the turn in door. It worked and we finished with a Grand at Mt. Carmel. If he brings that metal detector to New Albany it could mean trouble for you guys. If he doesn't it could mean trouble for me.

Paul

juicybuttsbbq
09-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Congrats Paul and Old Dave,, I Guess the Odds Maker downtown at the favorite watering hole might be right,, He Has one of the older guys Favorite to Win the Hoosier,,:rolleyes::rolleyes: the Other Place has their eyes on those Boys and Brothers :eek::eek: I Say I Like the Long Shot Hoosier Team......

I'll be at the riverfront tonight and will report back on the electric situation

Hey Paul you got any friends with the Army Corps,, G Wernke from Greenville couldn't help,,

juicybuttsbbq
09-14-2009, 06:43 AM
Is Monty pigthon coming? If so, they are great neighbors too. I could go on for hours.

DP,, Don't have Monty,,,You two will have to play together without Sid,,haha,, You Can't blame anything on him Now :shock:

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
09-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Congrats Paul and Old Dave,, I Guess the Odds Maker downtown at the favorite watering hole might be right,, He Has one of the older guys Favorite to Win the Hoosier,,:rolleyes::rolleyes: the Other Place has their eyes on those Boys and Brothers :eek::eek: I Say I Like the Long Shot Hoosier Team..

Which HOOSIER Team?

Skinny Cook
09-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Pork Chop I need to know about the pizza deal ??

U2CANQUE
09-16-2009, 06:13 AM
Paul, great job with Dave over the weekend.....I have some wet Kingsford to bring you....you know, kinda level out the playing field......I will have to go put down some money on one of the older guys Favorite to Win the Hoosier...as much as I love to hear the team name called, if Hickory Flats was called you would not hear any complaints from me at all.....talk about being due.....

juicybuttsbbq
09-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Rob you better pack a Long Cord,, I sending out a Layout to all the Teams just as soon as I can figure how to convert this drawing,, Really not too bad though,, they ended up running two panels like I discribed earlier,, may have some other spots across from where the teams line up along the river for Pros to set up next to the Backyard Guys,,, the Longest walk to turn-ins is 500lf every spot else is really close.

U2CANQUE
09-19-2009, 12:19 AM
beggin for a close spot to electric....well, within 40-50 feet....(close enough to tape Paul for the entire contest)........wait, speaking of which....no Shigs in Pit for this one?????

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
09-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Busy Today cleaning off the Mantle for my Hoosier Daddy Trophies and Perfecting my Mustard Sauce, Electric huh! Who Needs that Stuff since I'm not breaking out the Showtime Rotisserie, oh Wait! ya might need an Electric Blanket

juicybuttsbbq
09-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Busy Today cleaning off the Mantle for my Hoosier Daddy Trophies and Perfecting my Mustard Sauce, Electric huh! Who Needs that Stuff since I'm not breaking out the Showtime Rotisserie, oh Wait! ya might need an Electric Blanket

Hmmmm! Interesting,,,Odd Makers still have the Older Guys,Boys and Brothers,,,,
We will have Breakfast for you guys Sat Morning, I'm bringing down the Juicy Butt Kitchen Trailer and we'll whip up some Hoosier Hospitality Style Breakfast Items... GRITS are a must

Dale P
09-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Grits! Now youre talking! After HCD, I may need a bigger mantle.:razz:

Sidw
09-23-2009, 07:26 PM

Won't be making it there this year DP. Doing Owensboro this weekend and Springfield the next weekend - too old and broke to do 3 in a row. Sounsd like it is going to be a primo event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the great neighbor comment - it is amazing how an "Open Cooler" policy can cloud people perception of the word great.

juicybuttsbbq
09-23-2009, 10:00 PM
DP,, What Does City Slicker Ohio Boys eat for Breakfast???? Quiche??

What Primo Mean?????? hahahaha,,, One thing for sure It's Goin to be Interesting with the Likes of Perry Brothers, Phillip, Rob and All the others Kidders there... Might be a Good Thing you not there Sid,,, Somebodys Gotta Bail them Out,,,hahaha

Lippy
09-24-2009, 01:34 AM
Sid wish you could make it. I guess you have to get ready for that other little comp at the end of this month too. :biggrin:

Dale P
09-24-2009, 02:15 AM
Thats right. Sid & Connie has that little comp down in Lynchburg they have to deal with.

indianagriller
09-24-2009, 06:39 AM
How many teams are doing the backyard cook? also would there be room for a pop up camper and a generator for us backyarders?

CaptTable
09-24-2009, 07:19 AM
Wow, do I feel special!! Getting listed in the same sentence with Rob & THE Perry Brothers!! But, I do take offense at being called a "kidder":evil: I'm the serious one!

You guys know me, I'm ALL business.

Phillip

U2CANQUE
09-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah, that is Phillip, the consummate professional…representing not only the mission and goals of KCBS, but, a darn near perfect representative of not only Jack Daniels, but, of the lovely peoples of TN (ok, you can now send the check or money order Phil)

U2CANQUE
09-24-2009, 11:44 AM
wait, I forgot, those damn KY and IN fellas are reading the post......:twisted:....to break down my previous post....
consummate: extremely skilled and accomplished, it is used as a adjective here...
as compared to using it as a verb (action), which would be to complete (the union of a marriage) by the first marital sexual intercourse....
just wanted to make sure that we did not mix that up and give Phillip a bad rap or anything......

You know I love ya all like brothers, the evil step brothers, but, brothers none the less.....:biggrin:

juicybuttsbbq
09-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Indiana Griller there is room for a popup in the event parking area there on River Rd.
It just down the road abit on the other side of 64 bridge..
Oh and there is just 9 backyard teams so far

juicybuttsbbq
09-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah, that is Phillip, the consummate professional…representing not only the mission and goals of KCBS, but, a darn near perfect representative of not only Jack Daniels, but, of the lovely peoples of TN

Spoken Like a True "City Boy"
Rob you are so Articulated,,Characterized by persuasive, powerful discourse,,you must have Lots of Learnings,,hahahaha

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
09-25-2009, 05:49 AM
How many teams are doing the backyard cook? also would there be room for a pop up camper and a generator for us backyarders?

A couple friends cooking the Backyard are bringing a camper too,, The area Porkchop is talking about is straight down River Front Road just on the other side under the Bridge really close.
if you pull up google earth you see it's about 800lf away,, really close

juicybuttsbbq
09-26-2009, 03:42 PM
For you that need directions the street address for the Hoosier Daddy site is:
201 E Water St, New Albany Indiana 47150
or here's the link: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Indianapolis&1s=IN&2c=New+Albany&2s=In&2a=201+E+Water+St&2z=47150
Map Quest will bring you right in, Indianagriller if you look at the mapquest map you'll notice a split train track on the otherside of the 64 bridge,, those are no longer there and that's where you can setup your campers, That is the Parking area for the teams and workers.

U2CANQUE
09-28-2009, 06:23 AM
Spoken Like a True "City Boy"
Rob you are so Articulated,,Characterized by persuasive, powerful discourse...the only problem with that is that I am actually from the hills of NC....Mayberry RFD to be exact...not a place like it, the actual place....Mt. Airy....I just had to lob a grenade at some of my favorite brothers out there......afterall, smack tawk is half the fun....

Yet another team from OH to watch out for, DD....he was pretty darn consistant over the weekend in NY.....seems to have that Geer pit dialed in pretty well......

Is it time to head to IN yet?.......looking forward to it.....going to be a hellova 3 week period.......Hoosier, Ohio Smoked Meats, then a little road trip to some contest in the hills of TN.......

thanks for the address....helps much!

juicybuttsbbq
09-28-2009, 02:30 PM
...the only problem with that is that I am actually from the hills of NC....Mayberry RFD to be exact...not a place like it, the actual place....Mt. Airy....I just had to lob a grenade at some of my favorite brothers out there......afterall, smack tawk is half the fun....:shock::shock::shock:
I Know where your from, that bottle of musTurd gives it away everytime,,,,,I just wanted to hear you Admit It!!!!!
Plus You don't Talk Like a Buckeye,,hahahaha
Oh! I Guarantee Dbl DD will be ready to put the Smoke On!!! I Can't wait to see everybody, It's going to be a Blast,,, Chill Is In the Air!!!
Whoa Baby!!!!!:wink:
Oh Hey BTW!! The World Reknown Phillip Brazier will hold The Table Captain Class after the 3:00pm Meet and Greet on Friday if ya Know anyone who wants to Upgrade their Judging Resume,,:)

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
09-29-2009, 02:45 PM
I just read in the paper that 6th Street will be closed Friday for the Business Luncheon on the River. Porkchop You might wanna check that out!

juicybuttsbbq
09-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks For the Heads Up Kendra,,We will use my original Plan take Main Street west to W10th Street turn Left by JC Liquors go 1 1/2 blocks through the Floodwall & turn left on Water Street along the river to the big yellow Amphitheater,, don't worry I'm sending out maps. This Was my original Plan so you could see how close we were to a package liquor store,, :)

PS it was Cold down on the River this evening,,Brrrrr! Perfect for a Cookoff!!
DP,, does that Tee Pee have Heat???

U2CANQUE
09-30-2009, 07:19 AM
This Was my original Plan so you could see how close we were to a package liquor store....hmmmmmmm, trying to level the playing field?.....I volunteer to keep Paul and Daves glasses really full.....

EatonHoggBBQ
09-30-2009, 10:48 AM
I know they were talking about a shuttle service but, how far of a walk is it from the Holiday Inn to Pearl st. then down to the big yellow Amphitheater? 1/4 mile? 1/2 mile? more? less?

juicybuttsbbq
09-30-2009, 09:41 PM
John,
The Holiday Inn is less than 1/2 mile from the site, Just over the flood Wall and up the street.
If all my help shows up we should be able to get people back and forth.
Weather forecast is calling for 62-66 degrees on Friday Night and is usually 10 degree colder on the riverfront,,,,Brrrrrr,,,Wait That's Summer Weather for you guys,,hahahaa
~Porkchop

juicybuttsbbq
09-30-2009, 09:47 PM
....hmmmmmmm, trying to level the playing field?.....I volunteer to keep Paul and Daves glasses really full.....
hahahaha Now That's an example of what we call
"Hoosier Hospitality" Rob Your sooo Helpful!!
Rob can I have yer Sleeves when you get your Hoosier Daddy T,, so I can Make my dogs a neck warmer??:)

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
10-01-2009, 01:57 PM
No Rob,,,,Please, let me have them so I can make a Long Sleeve T, I just Seen the Weather Forecast for Harvest's Hoosier Daddy,, Expecting 3" of Snow,, Okay maybe it not that bad but still,, I'm wearing my Long Johns,,Burr Perfect cooking and Moonbeam weather

EatonHoggBBQ
10-01-2009, 03:00 PM
John,
The Holiday Inn is less than 1/2 mile from the site, Just over the flood Wall and up the street.
If all my help shows up we should be able to get people back and forth.
Weather forecast is calling for 62-66 degrees on Friday Night and is usually 10 degree colder on the riverfront,,,,Brrrrrr,,,Wait That's Summer Weather for you guys,,hahahaa
~Porkchop

Thanks for the info. 1/2 mile hmmmmmmm, hope there are some watering holes along the way. That's a loooooooong walk.
Nice summer like temps too. Maybe even warm enough to take a dip in the river. :eek:
See you all next Friday.

Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks
10-01-2009, 03:12 PM
John The Hitchin Post is On the Way,,, and will be PACKED Friday Night,, Shoot join the Beer Walk Friday start on One end of town (Studio's on Main) and Every other door is a BAR...:)

indianagriller
10-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Whats everybody doing on friday night? I think it will just be me and my co-cook friday till about midnight when the rest of the crew gets off work.

U2CANQUE
10-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Friday night, pretty much veg....Thursday night, or Saturday night....depends on who all is around........with the Perry Brothers in the neighborhood it has been known to get a lil rowdy........grins........which is why I stick around....

U2CANQUE
10-01-2009, 08:15 PM
and no, during cook time, no sleeves allowed.......love the chill in the air......

juicybuttsbbq
10-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Definately Thursday and Saturday Night will be PARTY Night, I have the Judging Class Thursday Night till 10'ish,, There is a Texas Hold'em Tournament On The riverfront Thursday and Studio's Bar just over the Flood wall Will Be shaken, WICK's Pizza is Open and is a Hop Skip and Jump also,, Friday Night is The "Unofficial" Harvest Homecoming BEER WALK,,ALWAYS A PARTY,,Saturday Party Time,,, 200,000 people running in every direction downtown!!!!
"Mardi Gras" is the Theme this year.
I'll Have some Moonbeam Chili, Queso snacks, Chicken Bites in Boom Sauce for the Cooks Meeting Friday, If you wanna throw Down Something just Bring it.
We're Making Breakfast Saturday Morning, Country Style Egg Mess, Bacon, Sausage, Biscuit and Sausage Gravy, Grits (For DP) and COFFEE LOTS OF COFFEE

indianagriller
10-01-2009, 09:35 PM
I am going to have to try and find all the brethren at some point friday to introduce myself. I feel left out lol everybody knows everybody around here...

juicybuttsbbq
10-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Indianagriller just set out your Brethren attention getter :rolleyes::rolleyes: Cooler full of Beer

Plus were not telling those Perry Brothers How Long a Cord to Bring, (But an Extra would be advised in case you roll in at the right time and you the lucky recepient of a space that is the furtherest from the panels), What Time Breakfast is (6am), And were getting trophies (Cause DP Ripped my Arsh at the last contest I did and gave him a Big Check), and That Dallas and Brandon will be dropping ice Because DP Ripped my Arsh at the Last Contest I had because I didn't have a regular Ice Route and it never cost extra, or How long freshness stays in a can (No One will every know around the Perry Brothers, That's Like Asking how many Licks does it take to the center of a tootsie pop, Sleeves are Mandatory unless your a Transplant from NC and Represent Drew Carey's City or You just Look Really Good dressed like Rob, All the Judges are first Time Hoosier Daddy Judges and are actually between 80 and 84, Plus You can Put Honey in your Box but Money Works Better,, And It's All About Respect Anyway:)
Indianagriller we're here to help a fella out

Dale P
10-02-2009, 08:24 AM
I am going to have to try and find all the brethren at some point friday to introduce myself. I feel left out lol everybody knows everybody around here...

You arent missing much.

CaptTable
10-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Man, Dale, you still down in the dumps???

juicybuttsbbq
10-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Someone Crap in Dale's Chili or what,,Ohhh I Know,,, Hey Dale can you build me a Accessible Ramp to the judges tent wide enough for the Judges walkers and their seeing eye Dogs

Dale P
10-02-2009, 11:07 AM
I hate to admit it Phillip, but yes I am. We have done poorly before but we, or I really should say ME always figured we deserved what we got. Not this time. Owensboro took something away from me.

Dale P
10-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Porkchop, it was a weekend to forget. Long story short.
Thursday night- We were yelled at by the owner. Guilty by association.
Friday- Good boys, drank coffee and cooked all night
Saturday- boxed up some fine food for the judges.
Sunday- went home and looked into chili cook offs.
Like I told you on the phone, I will get over it in a few months of cold, and snow.

Double D's BBQ
10-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Hey Dale who were those Double D's guys cooking under our name?

We had one in New York too at the backyard cook.

I can certainly sypathize with you on the judging especially with my 57th place brisket that destroyed our competiton in Madison. We rebounded nicely last weekend with a 4th place finish in brisket cooked the same way as Madison, so go figure. Sometime you just got to say WTF?

CaptTable
10-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Dale, take this for what it's worth, but if every team that got blind-sided like you guys did, switched to chili cook-offs, we would have to change our organization to KCC(hili)S. There wouldn't be enough teams left to compete in bbq.

Your BEST medicine would be to go to New Albany and feed the reps bunches and bunches of mushrooms!!!!! You (and they) will feel a whole lot better.:lol:

Dale P
10-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Dallas, you know that shocked a lot of people. Well, I looked & it wasnt you! lol

Phillip, You are right. But I think you know me well enough that our team will pull together and have fun once again. Plus the GC Smoking Ts and RC Shigs in Pit are both some of the best cooks around and I wouldnt want to take anything from their victorys.
I wanted it too bad but our brisket was. Mmmmmmmm a delicious 32nd. I saw the score and that is when the bottles began to be emptied into my gullet.

Man there were some good teams. Old Dave from Ribs & Bibs won it once, Hoosier Crawdaddy, Monty Pigthon, Shigs, are all going to the Jack, and then there was Double Ds South. Sorry Dallas. I couldnt help myself.

U2CANQUE
10-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Dale, it will get better, even if I have to loan you my sleeves....grins....I think that if we can be next to each other that we will not only have fun, but, be able to compete with the flowing mojo.....
The best thing after a contest is that it is over.....never take it with ya.....but, with that said, see ya next weekend bud....you and your Groupie.....grins,.....could not resist Podge

juicybuttsbbq
10-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Good Thing is we have Lays Salt and Vinegar Chips for the Judges to cleanse their Palats,, So they'll Love Your Brisket here :icon_devil:icon_devil:icon_devil

Dale P
10-02-2009, 04:11 PM
hahaha. Im thinking vidalia onion marinade.

Just when is this contest? Next week? Dmmit man.

juicybuttsbbq
10-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Ohhhh!!! I Can't Believe you went There!!! I Still Love You Though,,hahaha

Lippy
10-03-2009, 03:19 AM
Dale Dale Dale

Dale P
10-03-2009, 07:14 AM
I think we need to buy some thicker foil.

CaptTable
10-03-2009, 08:32 AM
or grow some thicker skin.:lol:

Dale P
10-03-2009, 09:12 AM
My attitude has been bad, maybe border line pathetic, but its just about back to where it needs to be. It only took about 6 1/2 days longer than normal.

Phillip, arent you getting tired of those mushrooms? I got something a bit different planned for this one. You're going to love it.

We are getting fired up and ready to roll the dice again.
Looking forward to seeing our friends.

Rob, check your PM.

CaptTable
10-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Never!!!!!!!

Double D's BBQ
10-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Phil, are you taking any orders for Sundrop?

SaucyWench
10-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah, Philip, are you? I could be a major hero if I could score some Sundrop for my sister in Michigan, who just happens to be coming for a visit the next week.

indianagriller
10-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Sun Drop is the best tasting pop there is, When we go on vacation I ususally stock up on it and Cherry Lemon Sun drop. I tihnk i am going to do the Sun Drop BBQ Competition next year...

U2CANQUE
10-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Ok, as the week counts down and the Hoosier Daddy gets a little closer....down to days!!! Is there anyone interested in having a pot luck on Friday night? I know that Dale is always good for the shrooms (and evidently he has some other surprise up his sleeve) and I can think up something or another.....if I could get a e-mail list of the teams I am more than willing to organize a last minute cooks dinner.........what say you all?

Double D's BBQ
10-04-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm in! Put us down for some baked beans (with maybe a little brisket and pulled pork thrown in).

juicybuttsbbq
10-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Hey Guys here's a Link for ya'll coming in from Indy way, I'm bringing you in from w 10th street that you wont get in any street closing crap, the only physical address was riverside recycling on floyd st, Once you come between the floodwall to the stop sign at Floyd & 10th Turn Left, Floyd turns into Water Street, BBQ Site is just under the I-64 Bridge: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Indianapolis&1s=IN&2c=New+Albany&2s=IN&2z=47150&2pn=Riverside+Recycling#a/maps/l:::Indianapolis:IN::US:39.768299:-86.158096:city:Marion+County:1/l:Riverside+Recycling:1001+Floyd+St:New+Albany:IN: 47150:US:38.276977:-85.831605:address::1/m::5:39.024829:-85.958517:0:::::1:1:1::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

juicybuttsbbq
10-04-2009, 08:07 AM
For those of You Coming through Poland :) here's your Link: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Louisville&1s=KY&2c=New+Albany&2s=IN&2z=47150&2pn=Riverside+Recycling#a/maps/l:::Louisville:KY::US:38.2542:-85.759399:city:Jefferson+County:1/l:Riverside+Recycling:1001+Floyd+St:New+Albany:IN: 47150:US:38.276977:-85.831605:address::1/m::10:38.27012:-85.796385:0:::::1:1:1::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

Dale P
10-04-2009, 08:10 AM
We are in. You should have seen the spread at Owensboro. Wow!