PDA

View Full Version : Marketing help

GratefulSmoker
06-25-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm interested in doing private parties only and am not sure how to market myself. What are some marketing ideas that you all have used? Thanks!

Bbq Bubba
06-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Don't laugh but start wih a free CL ad.I'm interested in doing private parties only and am not sure how to market myself. What are some marketing ideas that you all have used? Thanks!

txschutte
06-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Give food away.

tony76248
06-26-2009, 06:01 AM
You gotta find one party first and then do it up right. Nobody is gonna start off with a bang unless they get credibility first. I have done a couple of weddings and whenever I am at the reception halls, the folks working there always ask me for my card saying they can get me all kinds of business. I have maybe received one call as a result but then again never persue it.

When you say private party, do you mean small party of large catering job?

How busy would you like to be, one a month, two, maybe three?

blues_n_cues
06-26-2009, 06:38 AM
cards,shirts,yellow pages,& what the others have said.
try cooking for a charity event or 2 to get some exposure.hit the lion's club,rotary,chamber of commerce,& see what events & festivals you may have around-do samplers.
tv & radio community calenders in your area.

GratefulSmoker
06-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the tips guys! I appreciate it. I am planning on doing about 3-4 a month to start off with. Doing parties of around 100 or less. I am a stay at home dad so I don't have quite the freedom as some do. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions in the very near future.

big brother smoke
06-26-2009, 12:47 PM
A website is your friend!

Jeff Hughes
06-27-2009, 07:24 PM
I think what Josh means is that he wants to cook on site only. No commissary, no vending.

He wants a part time catering gig like many of us have.

GratefulSmoker
06-27-2009, 09:41 PM
That's it Jeff, that's what I was trying to get out. Thanks!

blues_n_cues
06-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the tips guys! I appreciate it. I am planning on doing about 3-4 a month to start off with. Doing parties of around 100 or less. I am a stay at home dad so I don't have quite the freedom as some do. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions in the very near future.
i'd still say hook up w/ the rotary club which meets once a week usually in a restaurant but you may get a banquet room for them once a month.
be sure to send samples to work w/ people you know & advertise as a special events(wedding etc.)private caterer.