PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. U.P. Hog Wild - Kingsford MI, July 17 and 18, 2009

Boss Hog Wild
06-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Hoping to see some of you fellow Brethren up in Kingsford Michigan for the 5th Annual UP Hog Wild on July 17th and 18th. Looking forward to having everyone as a guest in Michigan's wonderful Upper Peninsula.

Coz
06-19-2009, 08:53 PM
We will be there.Looking forward to getting out.A month to go and a healthy amount of teams already.

Trainwreck
06-19-2009, 09:49 PM
We will be there. Finally got the application in the mail today. Coz we doin a convoy

Divemaster
06-24-2009, 09:26 AM
I talked with Chris and he said that he only had a few slots left...

My app. and check went in this morning.

afreemaniii
06-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Hopefully we'll be there too. I had some problems finding the checkbook since I rarely write checks, but our app and check are going in the mail tomorrow morning.

Coz
06-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Look Aubrey is still alive!

Ford
06-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Maybe I'll come up. Will decide next week.

Coz
06-26-2009, 04:18 PM
I hope we see you there Ford.

Scottie
06-26-2009, 04:24 PM
I was told it's sold out...

Boss Hog Wild
06-26-2009, 08:27 PM
I never thought I would have to worry about such a thing. We are not closed to applications as of yet. We have 25 official entries. I hear or read about people talking about coming up. Our only position is that we may have to cut it off at some point if we suddenly are flooded with applications and we can't find enough judges. By the way WE ARE LOOKING FOR JUDGES.. I have been told to inform judges that we have a pasty breakfast on Saturday morning for the teams and judges that show up early.... Don't know what a pasty is.... Ask Buzz Dean... We are still accepting them.... just don't know for how long. Depends on what's in the mail box... Thanks to all for your support.

Scottie
06-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Mmmmm. Pasty....

Boss Hog Wild
06-26-2009, 11:41 PM
One of my board members has a nice pasty business. We call him the Pasty Pimp. Now the rest of us..... except Ms. Daisy.... all look like we are trying to eat up his profits. But we really do have a pasty breakfast that he hosts on Saturday morning. I think it's a tax write off for him.... good fortune for the rest of us.

Coz
06-27-2009, 06:55 AM
I bet thats way better then the usual Pop Tart sittng on op of the cooker for breakfast.

Boss Hog Wild
06-28-2009, 01:19 PM
We would love to see both Scottie and Ford, and anyone else that is interested up in Kingsford on the 17th and 18th. It's really turning into a fun year for us. Thank's everyone.

Ford
06-29-2009, 05:43 PM
OK - so if there's room and it looks like there is we'll be there. I suggest that you batten down the hatches and prepare for a hurricane. No wait we're makin' Bahama Mama's from the Bonesmokers recipe so it won't be a hurricane after all just a major disaster for some. This is where we revert to 2002-2005 when the party shirts are worn Friday night. And Carol says she's ready for it.

And the kids are coming! So they will probably be onsite for part or all of this. And that's a blast for sure. Max, Jim, Candy and Pearl all say they are prepared to judge the other teams entrys and I guarantee nothing below a 7 and probably a 9 as they can demolish food faster than anything you've seen. Of course I'll keep them on chains. They have been know to chew thru canvas leads in under 10 minutes.

Trainwreck
06-29-2009, 07:02 PM
For any interested I will have my hot Rum punch again on Friday night.

Coz
06-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Ford ,I will save some chicken for the kids.

Ford
06-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Ford ,I will save some chicken for the kids.
They will sure appreciate that. :cool:

You'll be sober enough Saturday to cook it but I'm not sure about some others.:icon_devil You are about to see the dark side and we're not talking the Royal. Just ask the Shigs, or wait don't ask them they were in bed at 7 and the party went until after 10 at Fairbanks last year. I figure the Bahama Mamas and 2 - 1/2 gallons of frozen Jack for starters. And of course the single barrel for Carol. Not to mention a cigar run before.

Looking forward to seeing you and will the MRS be with you? And does she like fruit juice drinks? Trying to do anything I can to cripple you on Saturday:mrgreen:

Divemaster
06-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Now Ford, your just not playing nice... I may have to put up the electric fence around our space just to keep my guys in!

Trainwreck
06-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Has anyone asked if we can all be placed near each other? Ford looking forward to meeting you.

Divemaster
06-30-2009, 01:46 PM
For any interested I will have my hot Rum punch again on Friday night.
So now your joining up with Ford to get every one drunk so they don't mind thier pits??? (BTW, that punch of yours is just WAY to good!!!!)

Has anyone asked if we can all be placed near each other? Ford looking forward to meeting you.
I don't think anyone has, I would love to have it happen!

Coz
06-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Yes Ford my wife will be with and if you get her drinking you take her back home with you!I shouldnt need much crippling as I have not practiced much.Every weekend has been any where from 16 to 30 butts for grad parties.So its not been much for practice.Going to try to get one in yet.

afreemaniii
06-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Coz, I wouldn't worry about practicing if I were you. Just stroll on in and get everything going. You'll be fine. I promise.

Coz
06-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Coz, I wouldn't worry about practicing if I were you. Just stroll on in and get everything going. You'll be fine. I promise.

OK if you say so :eek::eek::eek:

Boss Hog Wild
07-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Out of a desire to maintain the high standards we have set for ourselves in serving both our guests and our competing teams, we have chosen to close further registration to UP Hog Wild. We feel it would be an injustice to both further entrants, and to our event, if we allowed additional teams to enter. We hope this causes no one any inconvenience. Thank you to all the teams who have shown their support. Because of you, we will be doubling our size over last year. We believe in continuous yet managed growth for our event in order to ensure the enjoyment of everyone. Thanks again.

Divemaster
07-01-2009, 06:16 PM
John, is there any way to get the Brethren teams in the same general area? We promise to be good. Maybe. Lol

Boss Hog Wild
07-01-2009, 09:19 PM
What a day guys... I am just catching my breath. We met tonight to see about getting more buried power lines to distribution blocks so that everyone can have power. The city is great about getting you water. Sorry we had to close but it was like the doors blew open this morning. Want everyone to be taken care of and happy.

Chris will be talking with all of you and laying out maps as to where he is going to put you. When you come in, when you leave, and where you want to be are all considered. Oh and lest I forget... the size of your rig matters too.

I know it is tough on a lot of you who travel a long ways.... but our saturday night party is a hoot, and no needs to leave until Sunday. If you want, just call Chris and talk to him about whatever you need.

Don't forget, the good folks (and our dear friends) at Royal Oak Charcoal send in a generous supply of charcoal for us to distribute to our guests. Hope we have enough for everyone this year. Both lump and briq. And yes, this event is held on the old site of kingsford chemical, and an old Ford plant where they made...... charcoal biquettes.

We are all looking forward to meeting everyone one of you.

Trainwreck
07-02-2009, 05:29 PM
I sent an email off to Chris asking if we could all be placed near each other. I will let you know when I hear back. Jeff you bringing that new golf cart along?

Divemaster
07-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Chris, I got your message this morning and I'll call you tonight..

I sent an email off to Chris asking if we could all be placed near each other. I will let you know when I hear back. Jeff you bringing that new golf cart along?
Only if one of the guys wants to bring an extra trailer... My guess is no though.... lol

Ford
07-08-2009, 01:39 PM
We'll be pulling in sometime Thursday afternoon. When I talked with Chris he said something about a campfire and get together. Now I'm not sure about all those WI, IL types, but where I grew up that means glasses of some fun beverages as well. We'll have the dogs Thursday night but now plan to kennel them on Friday night so we can enjoy the time with friends.

See everybody soon. And got the trailer back from the plumber and now all the sinks work right and everything will pass inspection. It's really starting to look good. I'll try to get sme pics of hte new setup at Lowell and post them Monday. And maybe some others cooking Lowell will also take pics.

Divemaster
07-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Looks like we'll be leaving very early Friday morning to do the 5+ hour drive so we won't be able to make the camp fire. Bummer.

Trainwreck
07-08-2009, 07:52 PM
I am trying like hell to make it up there Thursday night. It all depends what time I can get out of work. If I do come Thursday I wont get there until close to 9 but would be ready for a fire and drinks.

Boss Hog Wild
07-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Just so you know guys... We take over the park on Wednesday evening. I live there for the next four days. No matter what time of nite you roll in you can at least end up in the park. We may not get you fully situated until the light of day.. but we don't sleep much. Aslo, don't forget that there are discounted hotel rooms available to teams and judges if anyone needs them. We have coupons for you to use. Really looking forward to seeing all of you.

Coz
07-08-2009, 08:07 PM
We will roll in friday morning 10 ish,

Ford
07-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Just so you know guys... We take over the park on Wednesday evening. I live there for the next four days. No matter what time of nite you roll in you can at least end up in the park. We may not get you fully situated until the light of day.. but we don't sleep much. Aslo, don't forget that there are discounted hotel rooms available to teams and judges if anyone needs them. We have coupons for you to use. Really looking forward to seeing all of you.

We'll be in Iron Mountain Wednesday night but staying in a campground. See you Thursday afternoon

Looking forward to seeing you again. You and I may be the only guys without a hangover Saturday morning.:mrgreen:

afreemaniii
07-08-2009, 09:40 PM

That's about the same time we'll get there. See you in line.

Divemaster
07-09-2009, 07:40 AM
We will roll in Friday morning 10 ish,

That's about the same time we'll get there. See you in line.

We should be getting there about the same time...

Looking forward to seeing you again. You and I may be the only guys without a hangover Saturday morning.:mrgreen:
I'm bringing the electric fence to keep the guys in so they should be sober as well... (As for me, that may be a different story... LOL)

Divemaster
07-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Bump...

So is every buddy ready???

Quick weather report as of today for Iron Mountain, MI...
Thursday Night, Jul 16
Low: 48 °F RealFeelŪ: 45 °F
Patchy clouds

Friday, Jul 17
High: 66 °F RealFeelŪ: 65 °F
Mostly cloudy with a passing shower

Friday Night, Jul 17
Low: 48 °F RealFeelŪ: 43 °F
An evening shower in the area; otherwise, partly cloudy

Saturday, Jul 18
High: 72 °F RealFeelŪ: 71 °F
Partly sunny

Saturday Night, Jul 18
Low: 50 °F RealFeelŪ: 47 °F
Partly cloudy

Trainwreck
07-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Bump...

So is every buddy ready???

Quick weather report as of today for Iron Mountain, MI...
Thursday Night, Jul 16
Low: 48 °F RealFeelŪ: 45 °F
Patchy clouds

Friday, Jul 17
High: 66 °F RealFeelŪ: 65 °F
Mostly cloudy with a passing shower

Friday Night, Jul 17
Low: 48 °F RealFeelŪ: 43 °F
An evening shower in the area; otherwise, partly cloudy

Saturday, Jul 18
High: 72 °F RealFeelŪ: 71 °F
Partly sunny

Saturday Night, Jul 18
Low: 50 °F RealFeelŪ: 47 °F
Partly cloudy

With Temps like that its going to be a double batch of punch and the fire pit is deffinately getting packed.

Divemaster
07-15-2009, 08:34 AM
With Temps like that its going to be a double batch of punch and the fire pit is deffinately getting packed.
Don't be toying with my emotions with a double batch... That's just not playing fair!

Coz
07-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Ready or not we are coming.Not real confident but screw it,its been driving me nuts watching every one else play.Make room in the sandbox fat guy is comin in.

Coz
07-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Any one running a Calcutta?

Ford
07-16-2009, 07:30 AM
We got in last night. Still have all 4 kids but we plan to board the girls today and tomorrow and won't get them until 4:30 Saturday. The boys will be with us. Fun night in a motor home with 4 dogs not to mention everybody including me needs to get up around 5:00 and go for a walk.

it's sunny and around 60 now. Great day. Yesterday it was 80. No problems with the drive. We'll be heading to the site after lunch. For those coming from the lower penn. you can't miss the McDonalds where you turn. It's before you get to downtown. See everybody tonight or tomorrow.

My cell phone doesn't work up here so can't talk with people.

Divemaster
07-16-2009, 07:52 AM
We're packing up tonight and plan on getting on the road around 4:00 tomorrow morning... Should see you guys around 10:00....

Trainwreck
07-16-2009, 09:30 AM
I plan to be on the road by 3 at the latest this afternoon so should be up there by 7ish. We'll see ya up there

Ford
07-16-2009, 09:41 AM
I plan to be on the road by 3 at the latest this afternoon so should be up there by 7ish. We'll see ya up there
I'll put the gallon of Jack in the freezer as soon as I get setup. Got room if anybody else wants a frozen bottle. Doing a half pork loin so I should have some to share. Guess it's dinner a little after 7 tonight.