PDA

View Full Version : Cambro Pans

mrlevine
06-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Would like to know how y'all use your Cambros. What kind of pans work best? Flat sheet pans? Foil pans? Plastic pans? Do you cover the pans? Do you wrap the meat in foil? Thanks.

Bbq Bubba
06-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Get yourself a couple cookie sheets for shelves.
The foil pans will colapse with weight in them. :roll:
Cover your pans with foil if you plan on opening the door alot, if your just holding meat, not necessary. :biggrin:

Divemaster
06-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Standard 1/2 sheet pans for support and then the disposable pans...

I usually cover what ever I put in them just to keep it out of the food...

Rub
06-16-2009, 09:06 PM
I had some scrap sheets of aluminum that I cut support shelves out of so I can use disposable aluminum pans.

Finney
06-17-2009, 07:16 AM
I had some scrap sheets of aluminum that I cut support shelves out of so I can use disposable aluminum pans.

That's a good idea Rub. Do you have any holes drilled in the sheets so that the heat gets dispersed thoughout the cambro, or are they solid?

Rub
06-17-2009, 08:59 AM
No, they are solid. The heat seems to get through them pretty efficiently as they are fairly thin (3/32?).

Finney
06-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks Rub.

Big Ugly's BBQ
06-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Like it has been mentioned already, I am able to use the disposable pans in my smaller cambro, pretty efficient for keeping them warm. the only issue I had was when I tried to keep alot of items stored in the one Cambro.

Thanks to Sled, I have this HUGE Cambro now, so storage is not an issue, I have spaces now for full sheets, and the smaller one for pans of beans or whatever.

Skip
06-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Knock on wood we haven't had any problem using disposable trays in ours. They slide right in and I have had the meat of two butts in one without incident. We also use stainless food service trays too. All depends on why its in there. We use disposables on the dirty jobs.

I would suggest lids due to condensation. The heat and cold both produce the condensation and you don't want the bottom of one tray dripping into the other. I would also suggest when using a tray of ice to cool the box that you put that tray on the bottom. It will sweat and drip down on the other trays if its on top.

billm
06-17-2009, 09:46 AM
standard issue stainless pans

Dcnlarry
06-17-2009, 10:24 AM
I like the stainless full pans, straight out of the Cambro into the chaffing dishes if a catering gig. If not, they are easy enough to clean up and I like the sturdy feel compared to throwaways. JMHO.