PDA

View Full Version : Waterloo IA/LaPorte City Iowa

Buster Dog BBQ
06-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I talked to the organizer. If you want to get out of Waterloo early to head down to LaPorte, she said to mention on your app if you are going to LaPorte City and also if you will have your own generator. They will try their best to group us together.

She cant guarantee anything and it's first come first serve. Some things like Vendors have to stay together and such.

Ron_L
06-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks! At the moment it looks like we're just doing Waterloo. it doesn't look like my wife will be able to get off of work on Sunday. that may change as we get closer to the date.

KC_Bobby
06-11-2009, 05:35 PM
I got our apps in the mail for both.

monty3777
06-11-2009, 09:39 PM
See you in Waterloo!

Rookie'48
06-11-2009, 11:21 PM
I'll be there from Friday to Sunday, visiting & judging.

KC_Bobby
06-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Starting to feel like the teams that haven't been invited to the Jack will be in the minority in LaPorte. 30 team max and here's part of the list I'm hearing:

Pellet Envy
Smoking Triggers
IA Smokey D's
Slabs
Quau
Cancer Sucks - Scottie sounds like he's coming
4 Mile Fred - haven't heard, just assuming he'll be there
Lotta Bull - Mike was there last year, no idea about this year

Am I missing anyone?

And we get to compete against these teams twice in one weekend!

Ron_L
06-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Here's a list that i received via e-mail today for Waterloo.

FFE BBQ
The Slabs
Big T's Q Cru
Lermon BBQ
Grumpy Old Farts BBQ
Pellet Envy
2 Empty Bottles
Jim's "Smokin' the Wheels on the Grill" BBQ
Smokin' Big Dawgs
Tippycanoe BBQ Crew
Buster Dog BBQ
Smokehouse 72
Boondoggle BBQ
Smokin' Triggers
Denver Southern Smoke Shack
Cancersuckschicago.com (http://cancersuckschicago.com/)
Quau
Zippy's BBQ
Smokin' Bonz BBQ
Southland Park BBQ
Holy and Oly's BBQ
Meadow Valley BBQ
Iowa State Grill Team

Buster Dog BBQ
06-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Fred has the Pleasant Hill thing going on Sat. But you know, it's anyone's game. I remember a team up there in LaPorte last year that got 4 calls and still didn't finish in the top 2.

Scottie
06-30-2009, 09:25 PM
I propose some action for combined scores. We did it last year and Smokey D's won the inaugural Caravan of Carnage..

Giddy up.

Looking forward to it.

Ron_L
06-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Speaking of Smokey D's, I don't see them on the list. Are they going? How about Dr. Porkenstein?

Buster Dog BBQ
06-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Speaking of Smokey D's, I don't see them on the list. Are they going? How about Dr. Porkenstein?
At one point he mentioned he was vending Waterloo.

Buster Dog BBQ
06-30-2009, 09:30 PM
I propose some action for combined scores. We did it last year and Smokey D's won the inaugural Caravan of Carnage..

Giddy up.

Looking forward to it.
Like a bottle of Templeton to the winner?

Scottie
06-30-2009, 09:34 PM

Dr Porkenstein doesn't cook Iowa...

KC_Bobby
06-30-2009, 09:35 PM
I believe Woodfella's is planning both. We could see if he could line up a bottle of Templeton for the weekend winner. Plus, get all the teams doing both to throw in $10 and high weekend score take all?

Good let Darren vend! :twisted:

I think Liz and Josh said they plan on cooking both. Steve's name was in the email from Waterloo. I think I remember Smokehouse 72 and Big Tz planning on it too.

Teams doing both: (I think)
The Slabs
Big Tz
Pellet Envy
Buster Dog BBQ
Smokehouse 72
Boondoggle BBQ
Smokin' Triggers
Cancersuckschicago.com (http://cancersuckschicago.com/)
Quau
Woodfellas
Tippycanoe BBQ Crew

What about:
Holy and Oly's BBQ
Meadow Valley BBQ
Spanky n his Meat Mafia
A Boy and His BBQ (or will he also be catering with Darren?)
If you got em Smoke Em
Iowa Outlaws
Ponderosa

Ron_L
06-30-2009, 09:39 PM

Pork allergy? :rolleyes:

kcpellethead
06-30-2009, 09:54 PM

Outstanding warrants?

Smokin' Joe
06-30-2009, 10:03 PM
We are in for both as well....and I'm game for a little side action:icon_smil

Scottie
06-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Outstanding warrants?

Damn, I don't want to poke the caged dog. You go back to bed. No smack talk to get you all riled up like you were last year!!! I'll bring some combo"s so you overeat and feel miserable at 3:00 am... Is the old man doing the double header as well? Now I'll talk a little smack with the master. ;-)

monty3777
06-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Holy and Oly's will only be in Waterloo. Our motto is "We only take one ass kicking per week." It works for us.

BBQ_Mayor
07-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Yep. Smokehouse 72 will be doing both, and we would be up for some side action as well.
Bottle of Templeton sounds good.

KC_Bobby
07-01-2009, 09:10 AM
I stand corrected. No Woodfella's at these two comps - but that doesn't mean someone couldn't pick up a bottle of Templeton and we could all throw in a few dollars for it.

thenewguy
07-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Sent in my money tonight for both. I'm pretty sure I'll be in for both!

BIG T'z
07-02-2009, 09:39 AM
We will be there for both!! Look forward to seeing all Brethren!! Have a GREAT 4th!! See ya round then "Q"!!:icon_cool8)

KC_Bobby
07-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Updated Waterloo team list: 24 teams right now

2 Empty Bottles
Big T'z Q Cru
Boondoggle BBQ
Buster Dog BBQ
Cancersuckschicago.com
Family Ties BBQ
FFE BBQ
Grumpy Old Farts BBQ
Holy and Oly's BBQ
Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
Iowa State Grill Team
Jim's Smokin' The Wheels On the Grill BBQ
Lermon BBQ
Meadow Valley BBQ
Pellet Envy
Quau
Smokehouse 72 (formerly Shotgun BBQ)
Smokin Big Dawgs
Smokin' Bonz BBQ
Smokin' Triggers
Southland Park BBQ
The Slabs.com
Zippy's BBQ

Ron_L
07-06-2009, 10:20 PM
We finally figured out my wife's work schedule (after a couple of false starts). We're in for Waterloo but not Laporte City. They should receive our paperwork in the next couple of days.

KC_Bobby
07-06-2009, 10:31 PM
25 - yes!

Good job Ron

n-2-que
07-07-2009, 06:15 AM
sorry we wont be making it this year, money is starting to be a problem, as i start back to school next month and have nieces wedding party for 200 to do on the 28th, we will be stopping by to say hello to everyone.

Smokin' Joe
07-07-2009, 06:58 AM
Has anyone received any info from Laporte City? Didn't get a confirmation or anything...just curious.

BBQ_Mayor
07-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Updated Waterloo team list: 24 teams right now

2 Empty Bottles
Big T'z Q Cru
Boondoggle BBQ
Buster Dog BBQ
Cancersuckschicago.com
Family Ties BBQ
FFE BBQ
Grumpy Old Farts BBQ
Holy and Oly's BBQ
Iowa's Smokey D's BBQ
Iowa State Grill Team
Jim's Smokin' The Wheels On the Grill BBQ
Lermon BBQ
Meadow Valley BBQ
Pellet Envy
Quau
Smokehouse 72 (formerly Shotgun BBQ)
Smokin Big Dawgs
Smokin' Bonz BBQ
Smokin' Triggers
Southland Park BBQ
The Slabs.com
Zippy's BBQ

Smokehouse 72 (formerly Shotgun BBQ and BBQ Council)..Just want to make sure you get it right.

Buster Dog BBQ
07-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Has anyone received any info from Laporte City? Didn't get a confirmation or anything...just curious.
I know they have their 25 and will most likely get 30. They still need judges.

pat
07-07-2009, 07:33 AM
I just sent in my app for Waterloo yesterday. Hopefully there is still room!

KC_Bobby
07-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Smokehouse 72 (formerly Shotgun BBQ and BBQ Council)..Just want to make sure you get it right.

I simply copied the email. Let Cindy know so she can properly announce your team when you get all those calls. :mrgreen:

BBQ_Mayor
07-07-2009, 09:14 AM
I simply copied the email. Let Cindy know so she can properly announce your team when you get all those calls. :mrgreen:

Oh. Jay gets all those emails. It makes sense now. :roll:

Smokin' Joe
07-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Is water readily available at either of these two comps...we will need to refill the tanks in the trailer at least once...

DMDon
07-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Is water readily available at either of these two comps...we will need to refill the tanks in the trailer at least once...

Yes. h20 is available in LPC. I have a bottle of Templeton for the winner on the Waterloo LPC duo. I you want in, see me after teh cooks meeting in Waterloo $10 winner takes all minus the cost of the bottle($30)

musicmanryann
07-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Sounds good Don--looking forward to it!

Smokin' Joe
07-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Yes. h20 is available in LPC. I have a bottle of Templeton for the winner on the Waterloo LPC duo. I you want in, see me after teh cooks meeting in Waterloo $10 winner takes all minus the cost of the bottle($30)
Thanks Don. Were in for the side bet, see everyone on Friday.

Shotgun
07-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Im sure she put that down because I requested the spot that we had as Shotgun BBQ last year.

Shotgun
07-12-2009, 08:29 AM
We're in Don, cant imagine that there will be any left in the bottle after morning shots at both contest.LOL

Buster Dog BBQ
07-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Joe, if you need water look for Bobby Boucher AKA the Waterboy. He will hook you up.

Don, I will have a bottle of Templeton if you want to use mine for 10am shot to not bust open the other one.