PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Competition @ Homestead-Miami Speedway

hms2009
06-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Morning Everyone,

I'm new to the forums, so this is my first post.
I wanted to let everyone know that there is going to be a BBQ competition down at the speedway on October 10th. That same day, there will be the championship races for both the Indycars and Grand-Am cars. There will also be live music (last year 3 doors down was here), interactive kids zones, and a car show. It is a full day event with of course some great BBQ!

If anyone is interested I can post more information. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Alex

Sledneck
06-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Kcbs?

RubMeTender
06-01-2009, 10:25 AM
That sounds great. Post the info

hms2009
07-15-2009, 11:20 AM
After a bit of a delay I've returned with more information for everybody:

- It will feature two categories: Whole Chicken and Pork Ribs
- There will be 2 division: Restaurant/Pro and Amateur/Backyard
- Entry is $60 for 2 team members and it includes entrances into both categories along with 2 tickets to the IndyCar Championship race. Additonal tickets for members/family/friends is $30.
- Kids from ages of 13 - 16 are only $15.
- Kids 12 and under get in for FREE.

If there are any questions feel free to pm me or you can e-mail at amisrahi@homesteadmiamispeedway.com

Hope to hear from some bbq enthusiasts.

Thank you.

Fat Woody
07-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi Alex - I'll be at the IRL/GA finale working as a photog for LAT Photographic. Also a student of the black art of BBQ and head cook of the Fullwood Bros' BBQ team, I'd be interested in finding out the schedule for the contest and maybe stopping by to take some pix. Are you an employee at HMS? If so, say hi to Al Garcia for me! Known him longer than I care to admit!