PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Troy pig out 2009 - Troy, NY 7/18-19 KCBS

pigmaker23
05-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Heres a update on the upcoming 2nd Ever Troy Pig Out to be held July 18th and 19th 2009 in Troy, New York. It will be held in the same Riverfront location as last year. As of today there are 16 teams that have signed up, as this is a second year KCBS event the contest needs 25 teams to be a qualifier for The Royal and The Jack. It is a State Championship and is the third contest of the Empire State Championship Series. Guaranteed Prize Pool as of today is $5,000.00 with the final number dependent on final team count and sponsor confirmations. Watch future posts for final information on the payout schedule.

This year all teams will receive one complimentary CAB brisket, Garnish items of parsley and green leaf lettuce, and a 10 bag of Humphrey Premimum Charcoal. There is an excellent water supply, reasonably priced ice, free electric and trash removal.

The peoples choice contest will once again be held on Saturday July 18th. Each team partcipating will receive CAB Prime Rib to cook as they wish as an entry, this contest was extremly successful last year with 3500 tickets sold in 44 minutes. The peoples choice contest application currently indicates that there is chicken wing contest, this is however for backyard/ homeowners and NOT the teams entered into the KCBS contest. Also There is no Fee for any of the teams entered into the KCBS contest for the peoples choice contest as indicated on the application form.

This was a great contest last year and looks to be even better this year, so please sign up sooner than later so that the organizer can finalize the prize pool and assign cooking sites. Watch for future posts about the availability of larger cook sites at an additional cost.

Go to www.visittroyny.com (http://www.visittroyny.com) for the application and more info...

trohrs123
06-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Already signed up!! Looks to be a great contest... Cant wait!

pigmaker23
06-02-2009, 05:33 AM
FIREWORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

SATURDAY NIGHT @ 9:30 PM

TROY PIGOUT JULY 18th

pigmaker23
06-03-2009, 05:50 PM
ONLY 45 Days to Go For The Second Ever Troy Pig Out

pigmaker23
06-06-2009, 07:22 AM
The List of teams entered will be posted later today, please stay tuned! anyone who twitters me @ pigmaker23 before then will receive a special party gift at the contest upon arrival. follow me on twitter and get a second gift !!!

WannaBeBBQueen
06-06-2009, 08:09 AM
The List of teams entered will be posted later today, please stay tuned! anyone who twitters me @ pigmaker23 before then will receive a special party gift at the contest upon arrival. follow me on twitter and get a second gift !!!
now that just leaves us poor untwitting soles out, that's just wrong!!:cry:

nancee
06-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Isn't that funny? I just this am sent her an email asking if the event is still happening!! Glad to hear that it is. We're in. Birthday gifts accepted<G>
Nancee

pigmaker23
06-07-2009, 07:42 AM
All Brethren competing at the Troy Pigout will receive a 15% discount off there dining check at Yannis on The Water Front Restaurant. This discount is good on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Just mention "Fear the Pig" and you will be treated like family! for more info and the menu check out www.yannisrestaurants.com (http://www.yannisrestaurants.com)

Frank Sacco
06-07-2009, 09:29 AM
All Brethren competing at the Troy Pigout will receive a 15% discount off there dining check at Yannis on The Water Front Restaurant. This discount is good on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Just mention "Fear the Pig" and you will be treated like family! for more info and the menu check out www.yannisrestaurants.com (http://www.yannisrestaurants.com)

This is up for conversation:
For all Brethren teams competing, how about dinner out Friday night at Yanni's for dinner and drinks?

The Blazin' Nuttz and crew will be bouncing into town for this one!

WannaBeBBQueen
06-07-2009, 12:32 PM
This is up for conversation:
For all Brethren teams competing, how about dinner out Friday night at Yanni's for dinner and drinks?

Hey we'll join ya :biggrin:

nancee
06-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Sounds like a plan to us as well. Thanks
nancee

MilitantSquatter
06-07-2009, 06:18 PM

don't you mean galloping ?? :biggrin:

Nothing definite, but if schedule allows, we may be headed to Lake George around that time in July. If so, I may look to schedule my trip up or back so I can stop by to visit the contest either on Sat or Sun

pigmaker23
06-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Heres the 2009 Poster for the contest

The Giggler
06-09-2009, 12:25 PM
That's a great poster, Eric. Thanks for sharing.

Is it possible to drop my trailer in Slingerlands, rather than hauling it all the way back to Buffalo, and then traveling back out to VT the following week?

Jacked UP BBQ
06-09-2009, 01:27 PM
I am sending in the app today. I emailed it to Elizabeth just so she had it on file. I am mailing today also.

ique
06-09-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm in

Jacked UP BBQ
06-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm in

damn

WannaBeBBQueen
06-09-2009, 02:49 PM
You mean I'm not the only one mailing this late:eek: phew:biggrin:

ique
06-09-2009, 03:25 PM
damn

You have beat me the last two times we've gone head to head... you shouldnt have anything to worry about :lol:

pigmaker23
06-09-2009, 03:38 PM
why yes mike, that would be fine, it will give me time to get it organized and properly outfitted for the victory in vermont campaign. LOL

That's a great poster, Eric. Thanks for sharing.

Is it possible to drop my trailer in Slingerlands, rather than hauling it all the way back to Buffalo, and then traveling back out to VT the following week?

pigmaker23
06-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Here is the list of confirmed teams as of today: WE NEED FOUR MORE FOR THE QUALIFIER , Don't Be Shy Sign UP!

Good Smoke BBQ
TNT Dynamite BBQ
Ma's Que Crew
Smoke em if you got em
Doc Roberts BBQ
Swamp Pit BBQ
Lakeside Smokers
FullThrottle Smokin Bikers
Boar-n-Q
Yannis BBQ Circus
Four Hogs
Dogs In Smoke
Mr. Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars
I Que
Purple Turtle
Harrys Trojan Rubbers
Troy FD BBQ Team
All Fired Up BBQ
Blazin Nuts BBQ
OC Pig Assassins
Transformer BBQ

pigmaker23
06-09-2009, 05:12 PM
The Prize Pool is now at $ 8,000.00

Frank Sacco
06-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Mr. Bobo, that would be Blazin' Nuttz BBQ. No S, double T's end it with a Z. Holla if ya hear me??

pigmaker23
06-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Sorry just going by how Willie B Spells it

Mr. Bobo, that would be Blazin' Nuttz BBQ. No S, double T's end it with a Z. Holla if ya hear me??

Frank Sacco
06-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Sorry just going by how Willie B Spells it

Nuff said:cool:

LindaM
06-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Don't forget this is the 4th leg of the NY State Challenge too.

pigmaker23
06-16-2009, 07:54 AM
Here is the payout schedule for the 2009 Troy Pigout!

Overall

Grand Champion $ 1500
Reserve Grand $ 1250
Third Place $ 750

Categories

1st Place $ 400
2nd Place $ 300
3rd Place $ 200
4th Place $ 100
5th Place $ 75
6th Place $ 50

Sledneck
06-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Really wish I could go to this, sounds like it is going to a great event

smokinit
06-16-2009, 02:20 PM
You mean I'm not the only one mailing this late:eek: phew:biggrin:

Nope mine went out today Eric had to call me. Opps been very busy.

Skip
06-17-2009, 03:42 PM
It will be held in the same Riverfront location as last year.

????

I seem to remember the volunteers saying that the waterfront wouldn't be available this year since all those buildings were being torn down. They made it sound like that whole area was going to be a mess. Did they postpone the construction or is it complete? Wondering if we are going to see something new.

Please tell me you got the bearings on that trailer packed or one of us will be heading back down the Thruway to rescue your equipment. :)

BTW I still have a really nice trailer....use to be Poohbahs :)

pigmaker23
06-17-2009, 04:01 PM
No Change From Last Year, except the vendors will be in different parking lot

Frank Sacco
06-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Please tell me you got the bearings on that trailer packed or one of us will be heading back down the Thruway to rescue your equipment. :)

BTW I still have a really nice trailer....use to be Poohbahs :)

Skip, The horsie trailer is staying behind this time around. We're dropping a little coin to rent a trailer from U-haul. I told my wife's uncle (the owner of the green machine) about the bearings and assume he took care of it.
As nice as that trailer is, Bob and I are looking into a midsize enclosed trailer. However, if things fall through I'll be in touch.

Skip
06-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Heh if its cheaper then renting just register mine. I'm not using it. :smile:

smokinit
06-18-2009, 09:06 AM
If anyone needs and guru parts or entire units i will have some there and at Lake Placid.

pigmaker23
06-20-2009, 05:59 AM
[quote=pigmaker23;946383]Here is the list of confirmed teams as of today: WE NEED TWO MORE FOR THE QUALIFIER , Don't Be Shy Sign UP!

Good Smoke BBQ
TNT Dynamite BBQ
Ma's Que Crew
Smoke em if you got em
Doc Roberts BBQ
Swamp Pit BBQ
Lakeside Smokers
Boar-n-Q
Yannis BBQ Circus
Four Hogs
Dogs In Smoke
I Que
Purple Turtle
Harrys Trojan Rubbers
Troy FD BBQ Team
All Fired Up BBQ
Blazin Nuts BBQ
OC Pig Assassins
Transformer BBQ
I Smell Smoke
The BBQ Brethren / Poobah

pigmaker23
06-22-2009, 11:48 AM
The contest still needs two teams to reach the 25 required for a quailifer, Please sign up ASAP, its a great contest, great payouts and a lot of fun!! Sign up is extended until July 1st.. Hope to See YOU there !

U2CANQUE
06-22-2009, 03:42 PM
you know of anyone with access to a FE? I cant drive out for it, but, can fly in....

Scottie
06-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Heck no, or else I'd go... :twisted:

U2CANQUE
06-22-2009, 04:30 PM
lol......you already have your Mesquite one.....I am working that one big time....so far though it looks like I am going to have to ship mine......thank god for 75% off shipping costs.....
always worth a shot, and figured that you had checked off NY anyway....

Skip
06-23-2009, 08:13 AM
you know of anyone with access to a FE? I cant drive out for it, but, can fly in....

Ask Poobah for his. Frank from Blazin' Nuttz could bring it up for ya. :icon_devil

U2CANQUE
06-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Skip....thanks for the insight.......

Frank Sacco
06-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Ask Poobah for his. Frank from Blazin' Nuttz could bring it up for ya. :icon_devil

That would be nice of me wouldn't it?:cool:

pigmaker23
06-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Here is the final team list, Registration is closed as of June 24. Thanks to all the teams that stepped up and signed up. The final feild is 30 teams !!

Good Smoke BBQ
TNT Dynamite BBQ
Ma's Que Crew
Smoke em if you got em
Doc Roberts BBQ
Swamp Pit BBQ
Lakeside Smokers
Boar-n-Q
Yannis BBQ Circus
Four Hogs
Dogs In Smoke
I Que
Purple Turtle
Harrys Trojan Rubbers
Troy FD BBQ Team
All Fired Up BBQ
Blazin Nuts BBQ
OC Pig Assassins
Transformer BBQ
I Smell Smoke
Hawg Doctors
Jakes Texas Beef Rubbers
Penalty Box BBQ Team
Yabba Daba Que
El Lario Carnitas Excelanto Cooking Team
Lo-n-Slo BBQ
Adirondack Smokers

Lakeside Smoker
06-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Official web site here (http://www.troypigout.com/).
It has some good info and a map.

Yakfishingfool
07-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Who's in it to win it? Will be there friday afternoon/evening. Scott

HoDeDo
07-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Smoke on Wheels will be there!!!

pigmaker23
07-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Hello, heres your latest update.

1. There will be a buffet dinner served at Tosca, a really great place just steps away from the contest beginning at 8:30 PM Friday Night. This should prove to be a nice relaxed way to enjoy some brethren fellowship and libations. It will be an italian themed deal with an upscale twist. price will be below $20.00 PP. For those of you that have dined with the POOBAH at LaFamila, this place is just as good !It will be in a private room just for contest & team members. discounted drinks will be available.

2. There will be a buffet breakfast served on Sunday Morning for all of the teams also catered by Tosca, it will be eggs, breakfast meats, coffee, etc. Compliments of the Organizers.

3. The GC trophy this year is new, all I can say is, IT IS BIG, it will travel with the GC until next years contest

4. The One Free Brisket per team is now back, you may have gotten a e-mail last week saying it was cancelled, but a kind sponsor has stepped up to the plate and its back on. you can pick them up when u check in.

5. The team gift bags are looking pretty sweet.

Stay tuned for the final team list to be posted Monday

WannaBeBBQueen
07-12-2009, 06:30 AM
20.00 per person sounds good until we get to my kids...can we get a childrens price too?:biggrin:

Everything sounds great!! Can't wait!!

WannaBeBBQueen
07-12-2009, 06:31 AM
Swamp Pit BBQ will be there Friday night:biggrin:

trohrs123
07-12-2009, 07:19 AM
T'N'T Dyanamite BBQ will be there Friday night

pigmaker23
07-12-2009, 08:22 AM
1. There will be a buffet dinner served at Tosca, www.toscagrille.com/a really great place just steps away from the contest beginning at 8:30 PM Friday Night. This should prove to be a nice relaxed way to enjoy some brethren fellowship and libations. It will be an italian themed deal with an upscale twist. price will be below $20.00 PP. For those of you that have dined with the POOBAH at LaFamiglia, this place is just as good !It will be in a private room just for contest & team members. discounted drinks will be available.Kids from Long Island Pay Double:-D

2. There will be a buffet breakfast served on Sunday Morning for all of the teams also catered by Tosca, it will be eggs, breakfast meats, coffee, etc. Compliments of the Organizers.

3. The GC trophy this year is new, all I can say is, IT IS BIG, it will travel with the GC until next years contest

4. The One Free Brisket per team is now back, you may have gotten a e-mail last week saying it was cancelled, but a kind sponsor has stepped up to the plate and its back on. you can pick them up when u check in.

5. The team gift bags are looking pretty sweet.

6. The showers will be open at the city docks, two blocks Away

7. There will be free garnish available, Green Leaf or Parsley on Saturday

8. There are three chefs demo spots available for Saturday, name your time. if interested contact Elizabeth Young directly ASAP.

Stay tuned for the final team list to be posted Monday[/quote]

WannaBeBBQueen
07-12-2009, 08:47 AM
.Kids from Long Island Pay Double:-D
/quote]

I can feel the love:biggrin:

Yakfishingfool
07-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Why only double?????

Muzzlebrake
07-12-2009, 11:09 AM
rollin in early Saturday AM maybe late Friday! can't wait

smokinit
07-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Seya Friday night!!

Jacked UP BBQ
07-12-2009, 06:12 PM
We will be here vending and competing.

Frank Sacco
07-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Rolling in Saturday morning around breakfast.

pigmaker23
07-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Frank, u need to be there by 9:00 am if possible

Rolling in Saturday morning around breakfast.

BBQchef33
07-12-2009, 11:52 PM
We may be hauling in thursday night and staying at the microtel. What time can we arrive AND setup on friday?

pigmaker23
07-13-2009, 05:54 AM
4:00 PM will most likely be the earlist, you can hang with me and andy on Friday until then

We may be hauling in thursday night and staying at the microtel. What time can we arrive AND setup on friday?

WannaBeBBQueen
07-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Why only double?????
Thanks Scott!!:tongue:

goodsmokebbq
07-13-2009, 07:46 AM
good smoke will be there Friday evening...

nancee
07-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Do we need reservations for Friday nite? We are leaving WP at 4

pigmaker23
07-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Yes, thanks for confirmimng

Do we need reservations for Friday nite? We are leaving WP at 4

pigmaker23
07-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Please leave me a PM that u r planning to attend the special dinner on Friday Night thanks

The Giggler
07-14-2009, 09:26 AM
4:00 PM will most likely be the earlist, you can hang with me and andy on Friday until then

I don't count?!?! :-P

Jacked UP BBQ
07-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Anyone have a team count or list????

smokingrace
07-14-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't count?!?! :-P

Me either??:roll:

smokingrace
07-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Further update Organizer Elizabeth asked us to post: as registered teams check in you will receive your ribs for people's choice, your brisket, and your garnish if you want it. Not to mention some cool treats in the gift bag! :wink:

If Joe from Up in Smoke and/or Walter from Smokin' Wally's see this, please contact Elizabeth ASAP with your arrival time, team member's shirt sizes, and whether or not you're doing People's Choice ribs. Her email: design@livingroomantiques.com

see you all then! And don't forget to let Pigmaker know if you're joining the Friday dinner at Tosca Grille so Chef Larry can prepare enough . . .

Skip
07-14-2009, 06:57 PM
How many racks for peoples choice?

The free garish is nice but was wondering what kind of volume they will have.

smokingrace
07-14-2009, 07:11 PM
4 cases each of green leaf and parsley

Racks: 2 cases per team

Skip
07-14-2009, 08:51 PM
A case of spares gives 12 racks?

Awesome on the garnish.

Thanks Grace

BigBellyBBQ
07-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Elizabeth called me Saturday and there was a spot open, so Karen and I will be there...Pete

goodsmokebbq
07-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Elizabeth called me Saturday and there was a spot open, so Karen and I will be there...Pete

See Ya there!

The Giggler
07-15-2009, 08:30 AM
That's great, Pete! Look forward to seeing you there. Wish I would have known sooner. We could have shared the drive.

The Giggler
07-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Me either??:roll:

Apparently not. I'm beginning to think that we're kept around for our fashion sense and good looks. :-D

HandsomeSwede
07-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Well, a quick call to Elizabeth (who was very pleasant) and Up in Smoke is in for the People's Choice on Saturday. Free entry + free meat = a no brainer. Hopefully this bodes well for us as the people at our booth who taste our ribs tend to like them more than the judges!

Now if we can just remember to sauce our ribs before we serve them we should be good.

BigBellyBBQ
07-15-2009, 08:29 PM
That's great, Pete! Look forward to seeing you there. Wish I would have known sooner. We could have shared the drive.
People would talk!

BigBellyBBQ
07-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Apparently not. I'm beginning to think that we're kept around for our fashion sense and good looks. :-D
Do you still have those shorts on from Lake Placid? Now that was a fashion statement that got those calls!:icon_cool

pigmaker23
07-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Good Smoke BBQ
TNT Dynamite BBQ
Ma's Que Crew
Smoke em if you got em
Doc Roberts BBQ
Swamp Pit BBQ
Lakeside Smokers
Boar-n-Q
Yannis BBQ Circus
Four Hogs
Dogs In Smoke
I Que
Purple Turtle
Troy FD BBQ Team
All Fired Up BBQ
Blazin Butts BBQ
OC Pig Assassins
Transformer BBQ
Hawg Doctors
Up In Smoke
Penalty Box BBQ Team
Yabba Daba Que
Big Belly BBQ
Lo-n-Slo BBQ
Wild Wallys BBQ
Adirondack Smokers
Smoke On Wheels Eastern Team

goodsmokebbq
07-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Well, a quick call to Elizabeth (who was very pleasant) and Up in Smoke is in for the People's Choice on Saturday. Free entry + free meat = a no brainer. Hopefully this bodes well for us as the people at our booth who taste our ribs tend to like them more than the judges!

Now if we can just remember to sauce our ribs before we serve them we should be good.

Great to see ya making it out!

Jacked UP BBQ
07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Are there any local stores up here for me to get nice briskets???

The Giggler
07-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Do you still have those shorts on from Lake Placid? Now that was a fashion statement that got those calls!:icon_cool

WOW! I'm taking a beating for the shorts.... I don't think I will wear them anymore. :frown:

HandsomeSwede
07-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Great to see ya making it out!
Brian,

It's all your fault, when my wife asks I blame you. It started with a couple racks on a half barrel at the inaugural Roc City, then our first KCBS at this year's Roc City gave me the bug, then a 7th in chicken at our second KCBS in Boston Hills ... now there's no looking back. Thank you for answering the question of what to do with
any disposable income.

goodsmokebbq
07-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Brian,

It's all your fault, when my wife asks I blame you. It started with a couple racks on a half barrel at the inaugural Roc City, then our first KCBS at this year's Roc City gave me the bug, then a 7th in chicken at our second KCBS in Boston Hills ... now there's no looking back. Thank you for answering the question of what to do with
any disposable income.

It just makes us feel better about our own addiction :-D. The first call will solidify it, no turning back now... In reality we are verry happy help new teams/people into the fold.

Side bar: Are we getting St Louis cut or full spares for the peoples choice? Might have to bring a butcher.

pigmaker23
07-16-2009, 01:21 PM
they are riblets..... :-P only kidding.... 2.5 & Down St Louis

It just makes us feel better about our own addiction :-D. The first call will solidify it, no turning back now... In reality we are verry happy help new teams/people into the fold.

Side bar: Are we getting St Louis cut or full spares for the peoples choice? Might have to bring a butcher.

Muzzlebrake
07-16-2009, 01:25 PM
WOW! I'm taking a beating for the shorts.... I don't think I will wear them anymore. :frown:

thats a great idea! cause nobody will ever remember you not wearing shorts! :eek::biggrin:

goodsmokebbq
07-16-2009, 01:41 PM
they are riblets..... :-P only kidding.... 2.5 & Down St Louis

Thats good, we will never be able to beat Applebees for riblets! :-D

Thanks, I will leave the butcher at home...

Sledneck
07-16-2009, 03:53 PM
SLEDCAST

Friday, Jul 17
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/04.gif
High: 84 °F RealFeelŪ: 89 °F
Humid with periods of clouds and sunshine

Friday Night, Jul 17
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/18.gif
Low: 61 °F RealFeelŪ: 66 °F
Periods of rain, some heavy, and a thunderstorm late; otherwise, rather cloudy

Saturday, Jul 18
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/12.gif
High: 77 °F RealFeelŪ: 81 °F
Rain and a thunderstorm early in the morning, then a thunderstorm possible in the afternoon

Saturday Night, Jul 18
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/35.gif
Low: 59 °F RealFeelŪ: 60 °F
A shower or thunderstorm in spots in the evening; otherwise, partly cloudy

Sunday, Jul 19
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/04.gif
High: 79 °F RealFeelŪ: 81 °F
Clouds and sun

Sunday Night, Jul 19
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/36.gif
Low: 61 °F RealFeelŪ: 60 °F
Partly cloudy

HoDeDo
07-16-2009, 11:49 PM
The HoDeDo has landed.... just grabed a late bite with Eric and Grace at "The Standard". Great little place, nice atmosphere!

I'll see some of you tomorrow, and everyone else on Sat. :o)