PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Hannibal, Mo. June 5-6

stlgreg
05-27-2009, 10:10 AM
I am cooking! My first of the year and first with my FEC!

nthole
05-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Saw this and thought it said Hermann and about freaked.

Too busy right now. Hope it's a good cook. Let us know!

stlgreg
05-27-2009, 10:12 AM
They said they are full so it should be fun!

Solidkick
05-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Smoke This BBQ from Hallsville, Great Grills O'Fire from Jeff City, and Belly Brothers from Columbia will see you there! We don't get enough of beating up on one another around here so we're coming to your neck of the woods to do it....LOL

Then 2 weeks later, we'll go to Sedalia and do it again!

stlgreg
05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Not my neck of the woods...I am traveling 2 hours myself.

Lion Bout The Q
05-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Lion Bout the Q will be there..40 miles down the road for us>>

Solidkick
05-27-2009, 07:11 PM
What about ol' Tywford? You think he'll make an appearance?

It looks like I won't be able to get away from town until around 11:00.....I'm hoping sooner....2+ hour drive...set up.....prep....oh well....
You boys save me a nice big spot close to the porta-potty....this old boy's bladder ain't what it used to be. LOL

stlgreg
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Twyford told me he would be there

beam boys bbq
05-27-2009, 10:07 PM
the semi is not ready other than that i would have been there
had an test drive to night with it all hooked to geather man o man it is an nice ride now

i fell safer driving it also

see ya soon
york

stlgreg
05-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Looking at the email addresses of the teams it looks like:
Cancersucks
Smokey Joel
Quau
Lets Kick some Ash
Smokin Ts
will be there too!

Solidkick
05-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Looking at the email addresses of the teams it looks like:
Cancersucks
Smokey Joel
Quau
Lets Kick some Ash
Smokin Ts
will be there too!

Where did you see the email addys? Maybe Kevin sent something out and I didn't get it yet.....my check was mailed Tuesday, but I called and confirmed Friday night that we would be there....I spoke with Smoke This and he said Kevin had not gotten his check....and it was mailed a week ago....he sent his to the same address as i did.
I guess I'd better call over the weekend!

Scottie
05-28-2009, 03:58 PM
I for sure will not be there. I can't get out of work. I know a few of those teams will be at Qlossal or in South Dakota (Smokey Joel). I believe the Reverend will be bringing his mobile service to Qlossal.

Jorge
05-28-2009, 04:05 PM
I for sure will not be there. I can't get out of work. I know a few of those teams will be at Qlossal or in South Dakota (Smokey Joel). I believe the Reverend will be bringing his mobile service to Qlossal.

That's what I thought as well. I need to put something in the collection plate, so please let me know if you hear otherwise!8)

Scottie
05-28-2009, 04:22 PM
That's what I thought as well. I need to put something in the collection plate, so please let me know if you hear otherwise!8)

Well, I know that Brother Clone will also take all contributions... :icon_shy

Jorge
05-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Well, I know that Brother Clone will also take all contributions... :icon_shy

Planning to stop by his place on Tuesday evening for supper. I'll hold the contribution back until Friday night:twisted:

Scottie
05-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Probably a wise choice!

rweller
05-28-2009, 05:04 PM

Randy told me he was going to Hannibal and then to Mowequa on Sunday but that was at Edwardsville. He might have changed his mind.

Solidkick
05-28-2009, 06:29 PM
I got a note from Randy on Facebook stating he was going to Qlossal.....

I was hoping to get to see my east of the Mississippi Brethren brothers......and meet Scottie....I had a Phil reach around all practiced up for him! :eek::mrgreen:

Scottie
05-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Man, just my luck.

Tubby's BBQ
05-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Muddy River Boys will be there as well

stlgreg
05-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Where did you see the email addys? Maybe Kevin sent something out and I didn't get it yet.....my check was mailed Tuesday, but I called and confirmed Friday night that we would be there....I spoke with Smoke This and he said Kevin had not gotten his check....and it was mailed a week ago....he sent his to the same address as i did.
I guess I'd better call over the weekend!

awwwwww geez i am an idiot. that was the email list from Taylorville this weekend.

May the floggings begin.:icon_blush::icon_blush::icon_blush::icon_bl ush::icon_blush:

Solidkick
06-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Looks like the contest is closed at 20 teams....they advertised 25.......I hope it is still 30'X40' sites like the entry stated....of course that part of the web page has been changed, as far as I can tell, I can't get back to it.
and, they haven't received our entry and check, it was mailed a week a go.

stlgreg
06-02-2009, 09:27 AM
This is the email that the organizer sent me last week
This list is incomplete but it's what I have with me at the moment.
Hammer Boys Tag Team BBQ
Double Smoked
Partners in Swine
Great Grills O'Fire
Hogs wart School of BBQ
Fatbacks Smokin Racks
Smokin on the Side
Independants - this one is a small team from where I work
Uncle Fuds
Lincoln County Cookers
Lion Bout the Q
All American BBQ
Midwests Best
Smokin Daves BBQ

stlgreg
06-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Looks like the contest is closed at 20 teams....they advertised 25.......I hope it is still 30'X40' sites like the entry stated....of course that part of the web page has been changed, as far as I can tell, I can't get back to it.
and, they haven't received our entry and check, it was mailed a week a go.

I found this on their website
This is a KCBS sanction Event
And State Championship Limited to 25 Teams On a First Come Basis
Entry Fee is $150

and this
We now have 20 BBQ Teams and now registration
is now Closed
Thanks to all who entered.

BBQ Entry Form

I imagine the signup sheet had the space limitations in it.

Solidkick
06-02-2009, 01:31 PM
That was the same I saw on the site.....and I agree I think the site size was on the entry form.....wish I had printed 2 now.........he did get our entry, so we are in.

Add Smoke This, Muddy River Boys and Belly Brothers to the list, that makes 17 teams as I count it.

stlgreg
06-02-2009, 01:56 PM
we are missing three teams. i am sure they arent as good as us :)
I will be glad to see smoke this bbq. I missed them this year at my contest.
I will be the one pulling up in a uhaul trailer at 11:15 or so.

Lion Bout The Q
06-02-2009, 03:45 PM
I think that they have a few local teams from their sponsors like the Butcher Block and another I don't remeber that cooked Quincy last year too.

stlgreg
06-03-2009, 10:54 AM
add Pigs Gone Wild to that team list.

voodoobbqIL
06-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Partners in Swine is going then over to Mowequa for the Sat/Sun contest (thats the plan anyway) Still on the west coast right now