PDA

View Full Version : animals at comps

smoke-n-my-i's
05-25-2009, 02:39 PM
We had a rather bad experience this past weekend at our comp.

Someone, I will not mention names, had brought there dogs. Now don't get me wrong, I love dogs. But these were not the small ones, nor on a leash, nor tied up, nor inside the camper. These ones were of the larger variety, and had free run.

Our neighbors had told us, after they came running through our "camp" that their son had "cleaned" up our spot before we got there as those same dogs had left there "calling card" right in front of where we had set up our tables.

They ran wild all Friday afternoon and night... even with the general public walking around.

It use to state in the KCBS rules that no animals in the cooking area, but when I went to look there isn't anything there about it now... WTF

Where is the cleanliness going? KCBS has included a LOT more of the meat temps and holding, but have dropped the ball on the animals and more chance of hair in the food.... what next. I know the animals are part of the family, but let's leave them at home, with other family members, or keep them in a "safe" place. Would you go out to eat at a nice steak house with dogs running free inside???? I don't think so...

What do you think?

I am going to my corner now....

bigabyte
05-25-2009, 02:46 PM
I had to pick no way, but only because I felt it was missing an option. I think the animals should be confined to their owners area, or led on a leash outside of their area. Running free is not such a great idea in my opinion. These spots are always more cramped than out camping somewhere, so it's not the same (in my opinion).

StayDown
05-25-2009, 02:47 PM
I think it is ok as long as they are confined and then leashed when walked to "do their business" and the owners clean up the mess.

Balls Casten
05-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Kind of depends on the location. Lenexa where you have a 20X20 spot and no place walk the dog ...no. But Bellevue where it is held in a campground and your dog is kept out from under my feet ... that is ok with me.

thillin
05-25-2009, 03:05 PM
I think it is ok as long as they are confined and then leashed when walked to "do their business" and the owners clean up the mess.

Ditto. I don't even mind if some one brings one by Friday as long as it's under control. Luckily all my prep is done in a trailer.

nthole
05-25-2009, 03:09 PM
I can see just finishing my box as hungry Cujo comes flying up for a taste. Hell no.

If I were a judge and was walking through before and saw loose dogs running around, I think I'd leave.

Alexa RnQ
05-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Loose dogs, hell no. And while we're at is, let's address the issue of loose toddlers stumbling about underneath our canopy, amidst our hot cookers.

There will always be some people who take a good thing (having BBQ Dawg at a comp with them) and ruining it by being irresponsible. As said above, if the venue is good for it and you're responsible about controlling and cleaning up, I can deal, and I'll love on your dog as much as anybody. But if there's a problem with it, and a polite word doesn't fix the problem, you can bet I'll take it up with somebody in charge. I come to a contest to compete, not to deal with someone else's running-loose problems.

The_Kapn
05-25-2009, 04:09 PM
OK--loose dogs and lots of meat cooking.
And, lots of meat trimmings in the trash bags and cans.

A "recipie for disaster" if they are not tightly controlled.

JMHO (and TinkerBelles opinion--she is our Terrier that never goes with us) :lol:

TIM

KC_Bobby
05-25-2009, 04:14 PM
I'd rather have a loose well behaved dog then a confined yapper. Point is, the owner should take others into consideration before bringing their dog. I would love to bring my Boston, but I don't think it's in my best interest to do so, thus probably not in my peers interest either.

My neighbors this weekend had a lab with them and I never heard a peep out of him, nor did he leave that team's spot unless instructed to do so. He had more manners then various other teams combined.

So I guess my answer would be E) if the animal is well behaved and the owners are able to keep it from bothering anyone.

DMDon
05-25-2009, 04:51 PM
I'd rather have a loose well behaved dog then a confined yapper. Point is, the owner should take others into consideration before bringing their dog. I would love to bring my Boston, but I don't think it's in my best interest to do so, thus probably not in my peers interest either.

My neighbors this weekend had a lab with them and I never heard a peep out of him, nor did he leave that team's spot unless instructed to do so. He had more manners then various other teams combined.

So I guess my answer would be E) if the animal is well behaved and the owners are able to keep it from bothering anyone.

Maybe, if you would have squirted that little yapper in Warsaw. He would have shut up. I was about ready to take the screen out of the trailer and set him free.

bbqbull
05-25-2009, 04:58 PM
I took my dog to a contest setup this year.
Wife arrived after work, had potluck supper, wife and dog went home.
Wife brought our dog who was leashed back on Saturday morning and we had no problems.

I seen a male dog pee on my neighbors woodpile a few years ago in Grand Rapids, Mi.
I gave my neighbor enough fire wood to get them through the contest.
Thats just wrong on so many levels, letting your dog run loose out of sight from the owners.

Buster Dog BBQ
05-25-2009, 05:07 PM
I take both my dogs to every contest. One's a boston terrier and ones a mini dachshund. When we are outside they are tied away from the cookers for primary reason of not tripping over them. Kenneling is not a cheap option as many vets are closed Sundays. I like to think my dogs are well behaved and we try to be conscientious of those around us.

But to your point, I think they dogs need to be tied up. As far as barking, etc, it's just as bad as if you have loud music next to you. Not much until quiet time that you can do.

Paola Greg
05-25-2009, 05:28 PM

Hey Bob, it was great being neighbors with you and the Woodfellas this weekend, congrats on your calls both in the invite and open.

Now about the poll. Eric's British Lab Charlie that you refer to has been to at least 60 of the 75 contests we have cooked to date. We have never had a complaint directed to us about him that I know of. Charlie is so well trained, that he obeys me, and any command of mine, as well as his owner Eric.

If someone took a poll, and ask what is the name of the dog that you know that comes to a bbq contest with a team, I would wager much that the name 'Charlie' would win by a landslide.

crd26a
05-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Knowing my two dogs, who I love dearly, I'd not want them around. Granted,we don't have an RV to keep them in, but even when we'd be outside, in a small space, they'd need more room to roam, not to mention the mess factor. (I agree w/ all the comments about sapce / food safety.

I've had dogs around our space, and where they are mindful, maybe (even at camp sites and not your normal parking lot). At the same time, one pees on our charcoal, woodpile, or comes running through our space w/o a leash, and its time for some smoked puppy

bigabyte
05-25-2009, 07:35 PM
I was thinking of this very dog when looking at this thread. I was going to mention something, but then I figured I only saw that dog for about 20 minutes or so, therefore I didn't really know if he was that well behaved the whole weekend. It sounds like he was.

That dog and any others as gentle and obedient as him would be fine at any contest in my opinion. Not all dogs are like that though, so I guess you have to plan for the worst dogs unfortunately.

I still think we need another option, where dogs are allowed but have to follow certain guidelines.

HoDeDo
05-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Charlie (Eric's Lab) is a great dog... I'm hoping our lab becomes the dog he is!! She is trained, and does pretty well. she has been to most of our contests this year. We don't have anyone home to leave her with; our whole family goes to all the contests - and cooking 20+ contests a year makes kenneling not an option financially.

charlie is one of the reasons I let the girls get Kate last year ( at the Tonganoxie BBQ contest of all places) -- He is so well behaved, I figured we could get Kate to that level within a year of contests.

We are going to kennel her for our 2 week trip to New York, with our trainer. Outside of that she is at all the events we go to.

So loose wild yippy dogs, no..... well behaved, pooches, sure. As with anything, I think each situation will be different.

BBQchef33
05-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Loose dogs, hell no. And while we're at is, let's address the issue of loose toddlers stumbling about underneath our canopy, amidst our hot cookers.

would be OK with me as long as its under control(either well behaved and knows his borders, or is leashed). Frying Pan BBQ used to bring their lab with them. A great dog that would sit at their site all day. Would wlecome a head scratch and a treatanmd only come when called over.. He was a pleasure to have around. But to have a free ropaming pooch wandering around, pooping on sites and eating garbage would be a bad thing..

And Im with Divaherself on the other side too... this should go the same for kids running around thru the cooksites, riding bikes, flying kites, etc.. if they are going to roam free, they should be restircted tot othe public areas. All I keep seeing is someones kid crashing into the hot kettle and falling on the coals, or touching a hot firebox and seering their hands or arms. (Thats alot worse than poopin and eating garbage). :)

Pyle's BBQ
05-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Don't most contests have rules regarding pets? The public has to have their dogs on a lead at all times, shouldn't the contestants have to follow the same rules?

I have taken my dog to comps. I do not let her have free run either. Your neighbors were inconsiderate and should have been turned into the organizers.

gordo
05-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Couldnt answer your poll because of missing choice...

If pets are under control, on a leash at all times, and controled by an adult..no problem here..

Many cook teams travel and have pets

BBQ_Mayor
05-26-2009, 06:57 AM
I would agree with not allowing dogs at sites. Although I like dogs, a bbq is not a good place for them. There is too much going on to have to worry about a dog that might be barking or lose.

I have to through this in to. I would agree with Buster Dog BBQ. His dogs are well behaved and don't bark. He also keeps them tied up and his son takes them for walks once in a while.

early mornin' smokin'
05-26-2009, 07:17 AM
kids flying around on bikes are a bigger problem than the dogs! However people, be responsible dog owners, if your dog can behave and stay confined to your area off a leash, by all means, if the dogs are running around being a nuisance, leave them at home.
We bring our dogs, and one is always with us. Hes a pretty large, very well behaved dog and we have never had a problem.

Sawdustguy
05-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Sorry to say this guys and gals but dogs have no business at a BBQ competition. I have three dogs of my own and they go to the kennel when we go to a comp. The same goes for small children. Bringing a small child to a contest is a recipe for disaster. I understand that some parents supervise their children well but there have been small children wander into our site on more than one occasion with their mother looking for the child. There are too many hot things that could injure a small unsupervised child.

Jeff_in_KC
05-26-2009, 07:37 AM
All I keep seeing is someones kid crashing into the hot kettle and falling on the coals, or touching a hot firebox and seering their hands or arms. (Thats alot worse than poopin and eating garbage). :)

Kids here in the midwest don't usually poop in your camps or eat garbage. Don't you feed the rugrats back east? :lol:

Divemaster
05-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Based on the options, I said no way... A big part of the problem with saying if a dog (or child) is well behaved and quiet is who is making that desision... Is it the owner or the other competitors?

While I don't have a dog (yes, I love dogs and am looking forward to getting one when things change) I have seen dogs running around and being a pain, and the owners just standing there and saying "isn't that cute?" and being perfectly fine with the situation. If and when you bring up the problem to them, it turns into a major issue because they can't see it.

timzcardz
05-26-2009, 10:30 AM
I have seen dogs running around and being a pain, and the owners just standing there and saying "isn't that cute?" and being perfectly fine with the situation. If and when you bring up the problem to them, it turns into a major issue because they can't see it.

Unfortunately, the exact same thing can be said of some kids, from toddlers through teenagers.

Some people never get it, and it (dogs) should be one less thing that competitiors and an organizer have to worry about.

swamprb
05-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Check this out!

I was judging at a recent cooking class and there was a cookteam that had a lapdog with them. I had my back to them and a celebrity judge (a food columnist from a defunct daily newspaper) starts freaking out and shouting that said team had been holding and petting said lapdog with ungloved hands while pulling and preparing their Pork turn in box!
None of the other judges saw them handling their dog, but we did notice they were not wearing gloves and brought it to one of the instructors attention-but this one judge was outraged, disgusted and having just gotten a Food Handlers Permit and considered herself an authority on BBQ just kept harping on the subject and would not let up. Long story short-I'm a dog owner and wouldn't bring mine to a comp, and I'd pat the head of anyone elses well behaved dog at one too.

I voted NO WAY!

KC_Bobby
05-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Personally, I'm glad that this thread was brought up because I keep wanting to bring my dog - but this definitely determines that would be the wrong decision based on my dogs personality.

Come to think of it, he was at a comp for about 5 hours on a Friday afternoon a few years ago and I went nuts listening to him whine for attention while we were setting up and trimming.

Stoke&Smoke
05-26-2009, 11:18 AM
I have to weigh in here and say it definitely depends on the dog, and the owners.

Without mentioning names, I know a number of pretty well known competitors in our area who bring thier dogs along. The key is, the dogs are well trained, and not running loose all over.

We have two dogs. The older one I would never bring because he would probably do all the things that people have cited as negatives here. But we brought our little peek-a-poo this past weekend, and besides crying once in a while when we were out of her sight line, she was perfectly behaved. We kept her on a 12 foot tie out so she couldn't roam into anyone elses area, and for the most part, she just laid quietly and watched all the folks go by our site.

I would far rather have well behaved dogs at a comp than someone's kids running loose, although I think the kids running loose are usually those of the general publics', not other teams.

Just my 2 cents

BBQ_Mayor
05-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately, the exact same thing can be said of some kids, from toddlers through teenagers.

Just like dogs, the kids need controlled too. For the most part their not too bad but once in a while a stinkin' puke will beg to be tossed in the smoker. :twisted:

ThePluckers
05-26-2009, 01:20 PM
We also had problems with the dogs this past weekend. I didn't like it one bit. I have a dog and in no way would I even think to take hime to a competition. One of those dogs did leave a "calling card" on the asphalt behind our site and I had the pleasure of stepping in it. Not a very happy person at the time.

billm
05-26-2009, 04:01 PM
We also had problems with the dogs this past weekend. I didn't like it one bit. I have a dog and in no way would I even think to take hime to a competition. One of those dogs did leave a "calling card" on the asphalt behind our site and I had the pleasure of stepping in it. Not a very happy person at the time.

Im a dog lover but I could live without dogs at comps myself. Personally the last thing I would subject my dog to is being confined all weekend at a bbq comp
the last thing I would also want to do is annoy my competition neighbors with any barking, whining, yapping,etc...

Mitchelina
05-26-2009, 05:39 PM
well... absolutely no to dogs running loose. However We usually take our smallest girl with us. She does not bark or yap, stays in our camper or tied out in our site and disappears between 10-2 on turn-in day. Like Kim & Andy, we just don't have any other good choice.

Much rather see a well-mannered dog on a leash than have loud, rude neighbors, people walking through the middle of our site, etc. Just like any good competitor, the goal is to intrude on your neighbors as little as possible - right? I remember my very first competition the team next to us had a "guest" who was verbally harassing me at 3 a.m. Unfortunately there was no leash available for that guy!

HBMTN
05-26-2009, 05:46 PM
I think they should be on a leash and not with in the cook/prep area under your feet but if it is a large area you have like at our last comp we had 30x50 it was not a problem. Others 20x20 might consider not bringing them.

Mitchelina
05-26-2009, 05:46 PM
P.S. Now that I think about it - Bri's been a bit of a good luck charm. Since last spring we've had calls in almost every comp we've entered! So definitely YES to leashed well-behaved dogs.

crd26a
05-26-2009, 07:03 PM
I would far rather have well behaved dogs at a comp than someone's kids running loose, although I think the kids running loose are usually those of the general publics', not other teams.

Just my 2 cents

You should have been by us this weekend at the GAB. Nice 14-15 year old girl and 10 year old boy fought all day Saturday, parents yelling at her at one point, and them running in and out of the cooking area in their tent, through ours, etc. Or when she sat in their truck, started it, and hung out in the AC. Did I mention they parked their truck in front of our tent spot when this was going on? And this is a team that's been competing for 20+ years.

Or tear down when we had kids all over spots running in and out? Please, kids can be just as bad and its only a matter of time before one trips and goes right into a chimney full of hot coals.

applequeen5
05-26-2009, 08:59 PM
We're "lucky" that our venue (Ulster County Fairgrounds) has a no pets policy. However, our first year, as ribbers were getting set up, someone's dog tore off into the ribber's set-up and grabbed a rack of ribs he was prepping!! Caused a bit of a stir:). Can't blame the dog for wanting good grub.
Adopt a no pet policy, put it on your website, cooks' info, and be done with it. (We also had a team pull out when they realized we really meant no pets).
Stephanie, Hudson Valley Ribfest (NY)

Buster Dog BBQ
05-26-2009, 09:06 PM
I would rather listen to an occasional dog bark then a cackling drunk at 2AM.

Coz
05-26-2009, 09:39 PM
While I dont get to many comps I have not had issues with dogs BUT I am considering putting up a sign that says if you dont keep your kid on a leash cage em.Couple years ago after a salmon tourny I almost cut my thumb off cleaning fish after weigh ins.I was filleting a large king with a 14" Forschner and a pair of the little monsters came running thru the fish cleaning station and one made the mistake of running into me.By the time I was done yelling at the kid his father came up and started in on the kid.At least he seen what happened and offered to pay for the ER treatment..At Menomonee Falls almost same thing last fall.When I was prepping a kid came runnig thrru our ez ups.Bring on the dogs and leash the kids.

ThePluckers
05-26-2009, 10:19 PM
After reading all these commments one theme seems to prevail. Consideration, or lack of, for others. Kids, dogs and drunks. All either need to be taught to take others in mind or need a babysitter. I have three teenagers and one dog. The teenagers either behave or go home. The dog, he is too old to bother others. The drunk, he is too busy cooking to bother others.

musicmanryann
05-26-2009, 10:45 PM
After reading all these commments one theme seems to prevail. Consideration, or lack of, for others. Kids, dogs and drunks. All either need to be taught to take others in mind or need a babysitter. I have three teenagers and one dog. The teenagers either behave or go home. The dog, he is too old to bother others. The drunk, he is too busy cooking to bother others.

Very well said! Thank you for the insightful comment!:wink:

BBQ_Mayor
05-27-2009, 06:20 AM

Amen to that. Wait that wasn't me, was it? :oops::biggrin:

Yea, we had a few near us in St. Joe that weren't exaclty quite most of the night. That brings up a whole other thread about adhereing to quite time.

beam boys bbq
05-27-2009, 06:42 AM
hazzelwood st louis this year my son was going to watch our dog for this contest work called him in to work so the wife had to bring our dog we kept her in the camper out of the cooking aira and she was on the leash when i was walking her around i cleaned up her movements and there was an nice empty field where she could go to the bath room

running loose no way
respecting others is an big one like no barking
my boxer did quight whell
you have to be an good dog owner and respect others
and the food laws

york just my FYI

billm
05-27-2009, 07:35 AM
actually id rather not have to listen to either..

Divemaster
05-27-2009, 07:46 AM

actually id rather not have to listen to either..
Bingo.

MattCom
05-27-2009, 12:25 PM
You guys are focusing in on the dogs, the real fact is most people lack the ability to control their own dogs or know how a dog should act in public. I don't think dogs should be at any contest due to the fact stated above. Last year someone was too happy to let their dog piss right where my daughters were standing, and acted offended when I said something about it. Too Bad. I have nothing against a dogs, I own a well behaved dog that will never see a contest.

Divemaster
05-27-2009, 01:42 PM
You guys are focusing in on the dogs, the real fact is most people lack the ability to control their own dogs or know how a dog should act in public.

Based on the options, I said no way... A big part of the problem with saying if a dog (or child) is well behaved and quiet is who is making that desision... Is it the owner or the other competitors?

While I don't have a dog (yes, I love dogs and am looking forward to getting one when things change) I have seen dogs running around and being a pain, and the owners just standing there and saying "isn't that cute?" and being perfectly fine with the situation. If and when you bring up the problem to them, it turns into a major issue because they can't see it.

Actually, I brought that fact up earlier...

Tinybud
05-27-2009, 01:59 PM
I personnelly don't bring our dog along, she's a 3yr old st.bernard, and for one, don't take the heat too well, but much to big for the cook site, althou she is very well behaved, and might be making the trip the pickin' in the panhandle with us in september, My biggest issue is the kids, this past weekend at Roc city, I had 2 boys throwing a baseball back and forth kind of wildly, and as I was adjusting the damper on my guru fan, that ball nearly missed my head and nail the back of my smoker, totally unexpectable, and no apologies from the kids or the parents. as far as kids and dogs go, the parents/owners need to be more responsible.

MattCom
05-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Actually, I brought that fact up earlier...

Gottcha, it just hits a nerve with me. :icon_shy
(off the soapbox I go.)

Divemaster
05-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Gottcha, it just hits a nerve with me. :icon_shy
(off the soapbox I go.)
Not a problem... as has been said, I don't blame the animals (or even some of the kids (notice I said some)) I blame the owners/parents. If I were them, I would be so paranoid that they would disturb a fellow competitor that I wouldn't want to bring either one of them just so I could get some rest!

lunchlady
05-27-2009, 08:48 PM
... this past weekend at Roc city, I had 2 boys throwing a baseball back and forth ...

Tiny~
I am sorry, one of those boys was mine. I had no idea that that had happened. I sincerely apologize and so does Joe. :oops: I guarantee that it wasn't intentional.

I didn't vote in the poll because there wasn't another option about well-behaved dogs... I happen to know and love a couple of dogs that are welcome at my site ANYTIME.

I am wondering though... how many more 'rules' can we think up?
(toungue in cheek mod)

No dogs
No boys
No playing catch
next will be no drinking :shock:
and then ...
... absolutely no having fun. :confused:
where does it end?

*** just wanted to clarify that I personally don't think dogs should be ANYWHERE near the cooking/prepping area.
Food safety first!
Ultimately ... it is up to the organizer.

Jacked UP BBQ
05-27-2009, 09:14 PM
NO KIDS - my kids are more well behaved then half the drunk adults falling all over at 2am! Tinybud - I am sure you understand the kids probably were nervous to come over to you and say sorry and I am sure they did not run over and tell their parents that they nailed you with a ball or they would have said sorry. This is a family fun activity, if you cannot bring your family and pets if allowed at the park, then what is thi turning into??

TexEx
05-28-2009, 08:48 AM
..... This is a family fun activity, if you cannot bring your family and pets if allowed at the park, then what is thi turning into??

I definitely would not consider this a Family Fun Activity. We are talking about a BBQ cooking contest. There is a certain amount of seriousness due to the possible prize money and bragging rights.

Have fun but do respect other peoples areas and maintain a certain amount of decorum.

Ray

Jacked UP BBQ
05-28-2009, 09:37 AM
If you cannot bring your friends and family and have a good time, I still stick with my opinion, you are way to serious. I do understand the repsect other peoples property thing, but it kind of like the complaining old people in your neighborhood, if you cannot handle the kids playing outside during reasonable hours, move to a 55+ community!

Scottie
05-28-2009, 09:50 AM
I manage to cook in a contest and bring my kids along and they always manage to have fun... So I think they can all go hand in hand... I also don't own a dog and I have 2 girls, so no basebballs flying all over the place... :roll: But do I think that dogs and kids should be banned? Nope, that is what parents are for. To make sure that everyone stays in line. Now I just need someone to keep me in line... :icon_smil

KC_Bobby
05-28-2009, 10:29 AM
I know this has been stated before...

I believe it comes down to common courtesy. Unfortunately it seems that the one's who don't understand the common courtesy are the ones that let their pets/children become annoying or a hazard.

I don't think rules should outlaw pets nor children. However, I do think some actions could be implemented on a case by case basis for pets and maybe even the activities of children to prevent injury.

BBQ_Mayor
05-28-2009, 10:36 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f159/RaulMonkey/Animated/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

musicmanryann
05-28-2009, 11:12 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f159/RaulMonkey/Animated/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

That's some funny chit right there! :lol::lol:

Agreed!:wink:

KC_Bobby
05-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Ray, is that your new team's name? :twisted:

BBQ_Mayor
05-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Ray, is that your new team's name? :twisted:

Naw, that's just a picture of us trying to tenderize our ...Pork?!.:eek:

Dr_KY
05-28-2009, 02:25 PM
My kids are an imoprtant part of my team. They have jobs to do and have gotten us into the winners circle more often than not. I was a bit lost without them last weekend and realised just how much work they actually do.

Buster Dog BBQ
05-28-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure the Iowa teams could get by without the water boy.

Tinybud
05-28-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm not saying no kids or pets, but with the money we lay out to do a contest, you have to take it somewhat serious, You shouldn't have to worry about things potentially getting damaged for whatever reason. I can understand kids being kids,, but just becareful and respect the other teams, I am very certain it wasn't intentional, and things happen. I have no hard feelings towards the kids, things happen, and I simply said to them to find a better spot to throw the ball, it was a big park. I didn't seak out their parents or organizers, it happened once, and they moved on, By all means, if you have pets and/or kids, by all means, it is a family sport, just know what they are doing.

Big George's BBQ
05-28-2009, 08:42 PM
I have no problems with animals at a Comp if behaved. They need to be on a leash and taken for controlled walks, and oh they can not bark all night

RixCue
05-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Oh , I have to put my two cents in , I think animals are tasty , they are what I cook at a comp..................chicken ribs and pork briskey.......

BBQ_Mayor
05-29-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm not sure the Iowa teams could get by without the water boy.

As it starts warming up, we'll be using the "waterboy". He's got some high quality H20.

Divemaster
05-29-2009, 08:41 AM
I have no problems with animals at a Comp if behaved. They need to be on a leash and taken for controlled walks, and oh they can not bark all night
And the same thing goes for dogs too....

Sledneck
05-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Has anyone ever seen somebody bring a pet pig to a contest?

Big George's BBQ
05-29-2009, 09:02 AM

Now that would be good

KC_Bobby
05-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Might not last

Divemaster
05-29-2009, 09:21 AM

Now that would be good
I'd be to worried that someone would forget their pork....

Alexa RnQ
05-29-2009, 10:57 AM

I want to. I really, really want to. I miss my little Hamlet.

http://www.divaherself.com/divaherself.jpg