PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Mitchell's Team/Seveirville, TN

drewc
05-17-2009, 03:17 PM
I would like to take the time to THANK the Team Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse Team. It was led by CIVIL WAR BBQ and his team. It was the first BBQ contest I had been around, and they took the time to answer all my crazy questions and let me just hang out with them when I was not working. I was welcomed from the moment I walked up and asked if they knew about the BBQ Brethren.

Again, THANK YOU!!!! I hope everyone made it back home safe.

CivilWarBBQ
05-17-2009, 11:28 PM
No worries Drew. It was good to meet you. Hopefully you picked up at least a few inklings of what this barbecue obsession is all about. One of the best parts of the BBQ circuit is how almost everybody is more than willing to help out newcomers and answer as many questions as they can. A great next step for you would probably be to attend a judging class in your area so you can see what goes on on the other side of the turn-in table.

See you in the smoke,

-Gowan

TN_BBQ
05-18-2009, 08:13 AM
You going to Gray, TN this weekend?

drewc
05-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Yes, I will be there, but only as a normal person. LOL! I did not volunteer to work this one. I am to understand it is the first one. Are you and your team going to be there????

drewc
05-18-2009, 02:54 PM
I will be easy to spot.................I will be wearing my new OD GREEN BBQ BRETHREN T-Shirt.