PDA

View Full Version : Contest Results Tavares, FL - Sep 1-2, 2009 (FBA)

The_Kapn
05-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Well, Tavares is "in the book".
Results are up at:
http://www.flbbq.org/tavares.htm

What a great contest on the lake!
It was the "Planes, Trains, and BBQ" contest.
They really had SeaPlanes, a real train for rides, and some BBQ.
A great and beautiful venue and the event ran without a hitch to my knowledge.
Great local support and a talented organizer who left little to chance.
Very "Cooker Friendly".

Mrs Kapn cooked this one with me, substituting for Brent (Smoking Gator) as he is busy moving. She is really ready for him to get moved so she can "retire". :lol:
Chicken had been our "weak sister" recently, but Mrs Kapn fixed that!

Congrats to all that walked.

I must admit that this was my "all time favorite" and "most enjoyable" contest ever! :lol:

TIM

smoke-n-my-i's
05-03-2009, 06:25 PM
My old stomping grounds. I grew up next door in Eustis, and worked at a Gulf gas station in Tavares when I was going to college. I know exactly where you all were.... I kinda miss it in a way... NOT.....

Good to hear you enjoyed the time...

Are you planning on Bartow in November? I am thinking hard on that one. It is a fund raiser for the high school band there and my nephew is a band member, and the in-laws are leaning real hard on me to come and cook this year. They wanted me to last year, but work conflicts were in the way so I couldn't make it, but I told them I would do what I could to do it this year.

Bill

The_Kapn
05-03-2009, 06:29 PM
We will be in all the FBA contests for 2009 that my meager bank-roll and my old body can handle. :oops:

TIM

Sledneck
05-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Congrats on the RGC Tim!Or should I be congratulating the real cook Mrs Kapn You beat out some real tough teams. Just looked again and seems like just one judge moving a score up or down was the difference between you and Kevin. Boy that was close

The_Kapn
05-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Congrats on the RGC Tim!Or should I be congratulating the real cook Mrs Kapn You beat out some real tough teams. Just looked again and seems like just one judge moving a score up or down was the difference between you and Kevin. Boy that was close

I allready admitted that Mrs Kapn's new chickie recipie was the final key :oops: :-D :oops:

Kevin only came up short because I loaned him my little GenSet and put a small "hex" on it. We just needed a bit of a point, and the hex came through. :-D :-D :-D

Great times with great friends and cooks.

TIM

U2CANQUE
05-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Good to see that Bubbachuck's BBQ came through with my FEC that I sold them......them boys came all the way from FL on a weekend trip to buy it a couple years ago.......great guys!

Florida Farmer
05-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Congratulations Tim!!! You done really well. I'm awaiting a repeat in Dothan!

Westexbbq
05-06-2009, 03:41 PM
"Grats to you and the missus, looks like a lot of fun.
Nice going.

Rub
05-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Congrats Tim and Ms. Kapn! I bet it IS your all time favorite :mrgreen: And your wife's banana pudding was good stuff and hit the spot.

Not counting the heat, the only negative experience I had was when someone stole my leftovers out of my cooler inside my trailer, then stole my entire beverage cooler, loaded with beverages. It was sitting right outside my trailer. Both were stolen while we were at supper Fiday night. Bastaards! :mad:

smoke showin'
05-06-2009, 08:56 PM
they were probably looking for secrets

smoke showin'
05-06-2009, 08:57 PM
I was at work I swear