PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. The Great American Barbecue 5/22-5/24

Sledneck
04-23-2009, 08:56 PM
http://www.thinkbbq.com/index.php

Who is in?:biggrin:

Captain Caveman
04-23-2009, 10:14 PM
We are thinking about it, but can't decide.....

paydabill
04-24-2009, 08:14 AM
We are signed up.

smknwhlswife
04-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Smoke on Wheels is there!

Que'inKC
04-24-2009, 09:02 AM
R Butts R Smokin is there defending our title....

bayoustylebbq
04-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Bayou Style BBQ will be there... I am a little concerned with the lay-out. There are not a lot of flat surfaces in this parking lot... I called to request a location (not just a spot) and it sounded like they are having issues meeting everyone's requests! :|

Either way, it's going to be a, lot of fun! Can't wait to see all my BBQ friends, again! :-D

Jeff_in_KC
04-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Well, I guess we're in (Sloppy Creek). I emailed a scanned copy of our entry to Tracy a week and a half ago and asked for confirmation because I didn't mail or fax it. I didn't feel comfortable faxing my credit card number. I never got a confirmation so on the deadline day (a week ago today), I went online and completed the online entry and printed the receipt with entry ID number as it said to do but instead of including my credit card number, I wrote on it that my credit card number is in Tracy's email. Still no confirmation and after nearly two weeks, no debit has come out of my account.

KC_Bobby
04-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Jeff, call them to find out what's going on. I know of another team that had issues getting their stuff too. I'm not sure if they get their info from KCBS or each competition (for the Invitational), but seems as if some comps were missing from the list the GAB is using.

I'll be bringing the Q'chin out on Thursday evening and drinking - err, cooking with Woodfellas (tboneld on here) - they won in Ankeny IA last year. Word is that he might have some extra Templeton Rye around to quench a thirst.

Balls Casten
04-24-2009, 10:50 AM
We're in, well they cashed our check anyway. :-)

Jeff_in_KC
04-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Jeff, call them to find out what's going on. I know of another team that had issues getting their stuff too. I'm not sure if they get their info from KCBS or each competition (for the Invitational), but seems as if some comps were missing from the list the GAB is using.

I'll be bringing the Q'chin out on Thursday evening and drinking - err, cooking with Woodfellas (tboneld on here) - they won in Ankeny IA last year. Word is that he might have some extra Templeton Rye around to quench a thirst.

I have called Tracy and left messages three times since last week. Yeah, apparently we weren't on the original list for the Invitational either, probably because of a combined team name that wasn't a "registered" name with KCBS. I was REALLY impressed with the GAB the first two years. Last year and so far this year... not so much. I hope it gets better.

Sledneck
04-24-2009, 11:01 AM
I wasnt on the list either but after 2 emails I was added

RobKC
04-24-2009, 11:19 AM
My check hasn't been cashed yet.

KC_Bobby
04-24-2009, 11:26 AM
I have called Tracy and left messages three times since last week. Yeah, apparently we weren't on the original list for the Invitational either, probably because of a combined team name that wasn't a "registered" name with KCBS. I was REALLY impressed with the GAB the first two years. Last year and so far this year... not so much. I hope it gets better.

Seems strange - you got your American Royal packet no problem right?

Sledneck
04-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Who is exactly responsible to notify invitational contests of GC winners ? KCBS? The organizer?

Solidkick
04-24-2009, 01:16 PM
We won't be going....sniff sniff....Belly Bro's son graduates that weekend...we won't miss that...we'll just have to qualify again.....

Solidkick
04-24-2009, 01:18 PM
You know.....T and I may drive up for Sunday to visit!

bayoustylebbq
04-24-2009, 01:30 PM

Jeff... I had the same problem when I called... No one would answer and no return phone calls! I got in touch with Lee Messinger and he gave me a different phone number to try... I will PM you with the number!

I know there is a lot going on with the change in location; however, there are no excuses for not returning phone calls...IMO! :icon_pissed

Jeff_in_KC
04-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Jeff... I had the same problem when I called... No one would answer and no return phone calls! I got in touch with Lee Messinger and he gave me a different phone number to try... I will PM you with the number!

I know there is a lot going on with the change in location; however, there are no excuses for not returning phone calls...IMO! :icon_pissed

I got a reply to my email but nothing I wanted to hear... "Tracy has not received your email entry or credit card info through email". WHATEVER!!! :mad: So I forwarded the original email sent almost two weeks ago! We'll see but I'm losing patience quickly.

Greatgrills
04-24-2009, 02:11 PM
We will not be going this year.

bayoustylebbq
04-24-2009, 02:15 PM
I got a reply to my email but nothing I wanted to hear... "Tracy has not received your email entry or credit card info through email". WHATEVER!!! :mad: So I forwarded the original email sent almost two weeks ago! We'll see but I'm losing patience quickly.

I'm sorry Jeff... that sucks! The only reason I know that we are in, I gave my CC info over the net!?! If anything, how about you come cook with us and we will call the team: Big Bayou BBQ... Kinda like Rodney, Ted and I did 2 years ago at Atchison: Two fat guys and a Ted...

Jeff_in_KC
04-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the invite, Sean! I think we're fixed now. Kinda like pulling teeth to get any word!

crd26a
04-24-2009, 11:10 PM
If RobKC's check gets cashed, i'll be there with him.

BurntFinger_Jason
04-25-2009, 07:03 PM
We'll be there.

HoDeDo
04-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Rodney tore it up today. Heck of a birthday... with a 1st in Chicken, 1st in Ribs, and Reserve Grand.

Atchison should be fun this year! I'm goin back.

thenewguy
04-26-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm in, looking forward to it!

Sledneck
04-26-2009, 11:54 AM
I am flying in Thurs night. I am gonna cook the Invitational and judging the Brisket contest Sat afternoon. Not doing the open and flying out Sunday morning

Jeff_in_KC
04-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Rodney tore it up today. Heck of a birthday... with a 1st in Chicken, 1st in Ribs, and Reserve Grand.

Atchison should be fun this year! I'm goin back.

Kinda all over the place there, Andy! :lol:

HoDeDo
04-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Kinda all over the place there, Andy! :lol:

Sean was talking about atchison... so its all good. you were there next to me... you got the hoogies to go back?:twisted:

Jeff_in_KC
04-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Sean was talking about atchison... so its all good. you were there next to me... you got the hoogies to go back?:twisted:

Hoogies? Maybe. Cash? Not yet.

bayoustylebbq
04-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Alright you 2... Play nice! :roll:

I am not sure about Atchinson, yet. We are looking into Harrisonville this year, instead. I will talk to you about the schedule this year at Lawrence, next weekend! I got to see Kim this weekend. Always a pleasure catching up with her!

And I still have no word about room for you in Lawrence, yet!?!

Sledneck
04-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Anybody have a zero gravity chair that I could borrow for the weekend? Need to keep me foot elevated

HoDeDo
04-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Anybody have a zero gravity chair that I could borrow for the weekend? Need to keep me foot elevated

Got ya covered.

Mitchelina
05-05-2009, 03:07 PM
We're in for GAB for the first time -- and I LIKE Atchison but they scheduled it the same weekend as Leavenworth. :-( So the pitmaster says we must go on post again.

The_Kapn
05-05-2009, 03:42 PM
I have heard good things about the GAB.

Y'all have fun and cook good.

TIM

KC_Bobby
05-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Anyone know if space assignments have been provided yet?

Sledneck
05-07-2009, 01:34 PM
I havent received anything yet but the map is on the website now http://thinkbbq.com/uploads/docs/GABMaps.pdf

BurntFinger_Jason
05-07-2009, 07:59 PM

I spoke with Tracy yesterday, and space assignments aren't available yet. Hopefully they'll have them within the next week or so. Memorial Day weekend is going to come fast!!!