PDA

View Full Version : If you were to hire a team

Merl
04-06-2009, 10:37 PM
If you were going to hire a team to cook for you under your team name, who would you hire?

(This might be interesting)

I think I would hire, Bart and Donnie.

who would you hire to be your team?

Bigmista
04-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Sug's Shack

Double D's BBQ
04-07-2009, 05:01 AM
No one. If someone is cooking under my team name, it's not my team!

I don't believe in bait and switches!

bbq ron
04-07-2009, 05:59 AM
i would hire the smokin scottsman because he is the one that had my lang 60 and would know exactly what to do with it to win comps :-P

Diva Q
04-07-2009, 06:16 AM
4 Legs UP (for chicken)
Pellet Envy (for pork)
Butchers BBQ (for brisket)

and I would do my own Ribs

But that wouldn't not be my own team (I prefer to cook all my own stuff always have) but it would be a cool dream team.

CajunSmoker
04-07-2009, 06:22 AM
Wayne from the MoKan Meatheads and Jeff from KC Can Crew.

I couldn't afford the beer to hire those 2 guys though:biggrin:

Diva
04-07-2009, 06:32 AM
I'd hope I wouldn't have to HIRE anyone. I'm confident that if an opportunity were bestowed upon me, my FRIENDS would help me out.How long do people plan to beat THIS dead horse?

arlieque
04-07-2009, 06:43 AM
I'd hope I wouldn't have to HIRE anyone. I'm confident that if an opportunity were bestowed upon me, my FRIENDS would help me out.How long do people plan to beat THIS dead horse?

Seems like if you are going to try and promote a contest with championship teams there, they should really have to be there? Am I wrong? Would you go to a race to see Dale Jr's race and get there and he wasnt there, just his car. I dont think so. Was the public tricked into thinking they were seeing someone they werent?

Just some thoughts but with that said they have the right to make there own rules!!!!

lunchlady
04-07-2009, 06:46 AM
... hire a team to cook for you under your team name...?

:shock::eek::shock::eek:

I am POSITIVE I don't understand this question.

If you have a team, hence your team name, why are you hiring anyone?

Dale P
04-07-2009, 06:53 AM
Just for fun
Chicken- Smoky Mountain Smokers
Ribs- Moonswiners
Pork- Monty Pigthon
Brisket- Shigs in Pit

YankeeBBQ
04-07-2009, 07:05 AM
Seems like if you are going to try and promote a contest with championship teams there, they should really have to be there? Am I wrong? Would you go to a race to see Dale Jr's race and get there and he wasnt there, just his car. I dont think so. Was the public tricked into thinking they were seeing someone they werent?

Just some thoughts but with that said they have the right to make there own rules!!!!

Doesn't Kevin Harvick drive Dale Earnhardt's Car ? I thought Nascar was all about teams with multiple drivers why not teams with multiple head cooks. Hopefully I can Get on DEI or Richard Childress's BBQ teams.

Divemaster
04-07-2009, 07:39 AM
If I can't do a comp, my team name doesn't do a comp....

http://fc41.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/064/c/0/Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

ique
04-07-2009, 07:46 AM
If you were going to hire a team to cook for you under your team name, who would you hire?

(This might be interesting)

I think I would hire, Bart and Donnie.

who would you hire to be your team?

I get the gist of your question. We have KCBS team of the year as one method of determining the best cooks... I think what Merl is asking is who do YOU think are the best cooks?

Chicken: Dirty Dick
Ribs: Andy King
Pork: Steve Farrin
Brisket: I'd cook it cause its my best category and I wouldnt want to miss any of the fun

YankeeBBQ
04-07-2009, 07:53 AM
I get the gist of your question. We have KCBS team of the year as one method of determining the best cooks... I think what Merl is asking is who do YOU think are the best cooks?

Chicken: Dirty Dick
Ribs: Andy King
Pork: Steve Farrin
Brisket: I'd cook it cause its my best category and I wouldnt want to miss any of the fun

Chefs Choice ? Ed ? Andy ? John ? etc...
Fish ? Dude from Oceana ?
:rolleyes: iQue has more "hired guns" than any team I know LOL

arlieque
04-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Doesn't Kevin Harvick drive Dale Earnhardt's Car ? I thought Nascar was all about teams with multiple drivers why not teams with multiple head cooks. Hopefully I can Get on DEI or Richard Childress's BBQ teams.

Multiple teams yes, but you wont see Jeff Gordon driving the #48 as Jimmy Johnson, he will be driving as Jeff Gordon and his name will be on the car...........

Dustaway
04-07-2009, 08:14 AM
[quote=ique;896071]I get the gist of your question. We have KCBS team of the year as one method of determining the best cooks... I think what Merl is asking is who do YOU think are the best cooks?quote]

If this is the question then hands down Blazin BBQ can cook under my team name anytime

Diva
04-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Their team name wasn't mentioned at ALL. I don't really think that the people who came to see the NASCAR race really came to see barbequers. With all that being said and with all the hub-bub surrounding it, I'm glad that folks got the opportunity to showcase barbeque at the racetrack. Some people are kinda being poor sports about it because they weren't chosen. I wasn't chosen, however, I'm glad for all the people who were.

By the way, I don't think anybody was "tricked". People make plans, schedule events....the organizers were a little last minute on this one and accommodated them, what's the biggie?

Jacked UP BBQ
04-07-2009, 08:41 AM
I would hire:
chefs choice - me
brisket - ique
pork - fatangel
chicken - grill billies
ribs - r2bq

KC_Bobby
04-07-2009, 09:16 AM

Didn't Dale Jr. have to take some racing off a few years ago due to some burns? I doubt too many Dale fans sold their tickets just cause Dale only ran a few laps before handing the duties over ... and I doubt too many people came to the race just to see the personalities behind each BBQ team represented.

Jacked UP BBQ
04-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Wow from hiring a bbq team to NASCAR, chit I cannot believe that the broncos got rid of cutler and giants cut burris.

Jorge
04-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Wayne from the MoKan Meatheads and Jeff from KC Can Crew.

I couldn't afford the beer to hire those 2 guys though:biggrin:

Jeff refuses to drink anything but, and this is a quote..."cheap beer":mrgreen: I tried to force a Shiner on him more than once in Little Rock:lol:

Dale P
04-07-2009, 09:32 AM
1 more team.

Chicken - Perry Brothers :biggrin: Bold statement, but I think we have a good recipe.

Ribs - Moonswiners. I had the pleasure of trying theirs at the Jack. Podge is on both of my 2 hired teams.. MMMM Good.

Pork - Rolling Smoke. Always walks in pork where we compete.

Brisket - Lotta Bull. We have competed against them 3 times and they won GC at all 3 comps. Their brisket scored high each time with 2) 1st and he slipped one time with a 4th.

I could go all day! lol

HoDeDo
04-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Actually many of the teams have drivers that will ghost drive a car - depending on schedule, health of a driver, skillset on a certain track, etc...

As far as BBQ goes, If I am not cooking on a particular weekend, I would help any friend who asked me. Heck that is how Todd and I started cooking together so much.

The intent, for this event, I thought, is to get some great teams, and exposure.

I know we have some "famous" teams out there, but I would have to say we are diluting oursleves if we think the race fans at that event were "looking" for a particular BBQ-er.

The teams that were chosen were well represented. The fans got what they came for from what I surmise. I guess I don't understand the big deal either.

HoDeDo
04-07-2009, 09:56 AM
I've heard there is a killer TX team called TeaBag BBQ. I don't know if it Tetley or Lipton, but I think I'd have those boys cook for me any day.

Bentley
04-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Tom O'neil, Madera, CA.

Jorge
04-07-2009, 11:07 AM
I've heard there is a killer TX team called TeaBag BBQ. I don't know if it Tetley or Lipton, but I think I'd have those boys cook for me any day.

Brisket I can see. They just haven't been that dominant in chicken and ribs down here.

HoDeDo
04-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Brisket I can see. They just haven't been that dominant in chicken and ribs down here.

I didn't know anything but brisket mattered down there.:razz:

CivilWarBBQ
04-07-2009, 12:28 PM
The character of the people would be more important to us than their scoring record. Representing another team is a big responsibility. Luckily we have many good friends on the circuit I would trust for the task; some aren't current competing cooks either.

Merl
04-07-2009, 01:29 PM
I forgot and have been corrected. I would have to add David of Butcher BBQ for brisket. He does it right.
Merl

Merl
04-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I think BBQ should become an olympic sport. We could send the US BBQ dream team. Now that would be something! We surely could kick some Butt!

Just dreaming.
Merl

Vince RnQ
04-07-2009, 01:56 PM
I think BBQ should become an Olympic sport. We could send the US BBQ dream team. Now that would be something! We surely could kick some Butt!

Just dreaming.
Merl

And this would most certainly spark the debate between sending in the "Professionals" or the "Amateurs".

beam boys bbq
04-07-2009, 02:00 PM
pork - great grill of fire
brisket - butchers bbq
chicken - plow boy
ribs - lots of bull

this would be one heck of an line up in my book

york:icon_shy

Podge
04-07-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm too stingy.. I want me to cook all the time when the team name "Moonswiners" is used.. This is not to say i wouldn't go together with another team and cook a catagory or two, but that would be under another team name.

Plowboy
04-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Chicken - Stephy (that girl is locked down tight)
Ribs - Pellet Envy
Pork - Hodedo (holla at a brotha)
Brisket - KC Can Crew

Neal
04-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Pellet Envy

bbqbull
04-07-2009, 10:56 PM
I believe I would hire any of the veteran brethren members here as there is so much experience amongst them.

There are some awesome cooks who have never won anything at a sanctioned cookoff that I would recommend to anybody.

Bottom line here is the talent pool hasnt been discovered yet IMHO.

Podge
04-08-2009, 09:08 AM
I believe I would hire any of the veteran brethren members here as there is so much experience amongst them.

There are some awesome cooks who have never won anything at a sanctioned cookoff that I would recommend to anybody.

Bottom line here is the talent pool hasnt been discovered yet IMHO.

There's a lot of truth to that !!.. There's a ton of great backyarders out there who can cook some damn good Q but would never give a thought to competing... it's a shame.

Spydermike72
04-08-2009, 09:25 AM
I would hire BBQ Bubba!!

Meat Burner
04-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Me !!!

sampson
04-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Let's see, gotta have RicksTropicalDelight there for the pics to prove it happened. Vince and Alexa seem like good additions, I hear Scottie can cook a butt when needs be and let's just throw in bigmista for the brisket end of things... and then our friend Jack Daniels might also be a good invite...