PDA

View Full Version : Contest Results *Results Updated* 81 Thunder Run & Chili Cookoff 2009

Westexbbq
03-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Attention All Chili Teams!!!

Greetings All
The HELLS ANGELS Motorcycle Club of Long Island is getting ready for The 81 Thunder Run & Chili Cook Off 2009.
The date is set - April 26 2009 - (Rain Date for May 3rd only if absolutely necessary)

It is official... The 2009 Chili Cook at the end of this years 81 Thunder Run is FULL!!! We have 15 teams ready to show there wears! We thank all of you for stepping up to the plate to compete for the best chili on Long Island. All the teams are posted on the web site so check it out. www.HAMCLI.com (http://www.hamcli.com/) Also you have until April 1st to get your money in. If you are not paid up by then we will bump your spot to the next team on the list. It is a $50 entry fee. Payable by check or money order Mailed to:
Lighthouse Merchandising Corp
att: Chili Cook Off
162 Henry St
Hempstead, NY 11550

or cash in hand works too.
We have booked the Rock ~a~ Billie sounds of "The Long Island Hornets" to play the event. Jack Daniels Distillery and Blue Point Brewery are on board again as sponsors. The players are in place, the table is set, looks like we got ourselves a shin dig!
We will be sending out emails as we get closer to the event. Please be sure to read this years rules so you do not find yourself disqualified!
Step a side boys! Some men are gonna do some cook'in!!! This is NO dress rehearsal, we ARE professionals and you HAVE reached the BIG TIME!!!
ROD
HELLS ANGELS

Westexbbq
03-16-2009, 02:16 PM
My how time flies,
Some of us cooked this last year and it was a blast.
(maybe not sled so much as he had acute pancreitis that day......:sad:)

Looks like the teams are already set for this year (unless somebody bows out.)

2009 Chili Teams

HELLS ANGELS MC - Rhode Island - Smoke'in Mirrors Chili Team

Bridge Runners MC - Returning 2008 Chili Champs

Trashed MC - Returning 2008 Peoples Choice

Demon Knights MC - Demon Knives Bar- B-Crew

The Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ

BBQ Brethren - WESTEX BBQ

Queensboro MC

BBQ Brethren - Swamp Pit BBQ

Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs

Sacred Steel MC

El Guapo Chili Team

Paddy & Johnny's Chili Team

Mortal Skulls MC

Kamp Krazy Kevin

Unforgiven MC

Red Hot Chili Choppers

BBQ Brethren - Ooofaaahhh

Leather Necks MC

Sledneck
03-16-2009, 03:45 PM
I know I was there in body but do not even remember it. Was it any good?

Westexbbq
03-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Yes it was, but not so much for you.
(you checked into your local horsepistol to get better.....)

backyardchef
03-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Kick ass! Good luck peoples.....I hope we can make it out for that one. Sounds like a good time....

Sledneck
03-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Ooofaaahhh

Westexbbq
04-22-2009, 01:29 PM
BOMPITY BOMP Bomp.

Weekend weather looking real good and Sunday could be outstanding.:-D

I believe we have four teams from the Brethren to be there, not square.:wink:

Get your motor running.........
:icon_cool

WannaBeBBQueen
04-22-2009, 03:56 PM
The Chili winners have started their motors:biggrin:

The Giggler
04-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Good luck to the field!

Westexbbq
04-22-2009, 07:41 PM
2009 Chili Teams

HELLS ANGELS MC - Rhode Island - Smoke'in Mirrors Chili Team
Bridge Runners MC - Returning 2008 Chili Champs
Trashed MC - Returning 2008 Peoples Choice
Demon Knights MC - Demon Knives Bar- B-Crew
The Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ
BBQ Brethren - WESTEX BBQ
Queensboro MC
BBQ Brethren - Swamp Pit BBQ
Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs
Sacred Steel MC
El Guapo Chili Team
Ma's Que Crew
Mortal Skulls MC
Mixed Blood Line MC
Unforgiven MC
Red Hot Chili Choppers
BBQ Brethren - Ooofaaahhh
Leather Necks MC

chromesporty
04-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Good luck to all. Wish I could be there. Just remember, no pics-didn't happen.

Westexbbq
04-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Got this from the organizer:

Get a load of this!
An offer has been made by the ICS (International Chili Society) New England Region for the winning team at our event to advance to the New England Regional Chili Cookoff which is being held next week in CT. There are 56 teams from 14 different states....as far away as Baton Rouge and Iowa!

Sledneck
04-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Does that mean that thunder and roll is sanctioned ICS this year?

timzcardz
04-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Good luck to Wes and the rest of the Brerthren.

It looks like your going to have some nice weather for this.

Sledneck
04-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Sledcast

Sunday, Apr 26
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_frcst_bg/02.gif
High: 84 °F RealFeelŪ: 85 °F
Mostly sunny and very warm

Sunday Night, Apr 26
http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/common/images/wxicons/blue_night_bg/38.gif
Low: 57 °F RealFeelŪ: 57 °F
Mostly cloudy and mild; a late-night shower in places

Westexbbq
04-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Great Sledcast,
last year was kinda cold, damp and rainy....

motoeric
04-25-2009, 09:23 PM
If any of you crazy chili cooks can give me a ride back from the event it would be greatly appreciated.

LMK,

Thanks,

Eric

MilitantSquatter
04-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Good Luck Brethren !!

I was hoping to go, but with the great weather I really nee to use this time to paint/waterseal the deck and (hopefully get some cooking done on the BGE)

Pics of hot biker chicks will be appreciated along with any others of the event :biggrin:

motoeric
04-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Congratulations to the BBQ Brethren National Team/Brothers In Smoke/Ooofffaaahh! on taking third place.

Way to go Phil!

Great event. Lots of fun. Friendly people.

I look forward to next year already.

Eric

MilitantSquatter
04-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Congrats !! I'm sure the great weather made it even better.

How did the other local Brethen do ?

(PS - Phil.. check your PM's and call me !!)

Sledneck
04-26-2009, 11:14 PM
No results yet?

Sledneck
04-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Must of been one hell of a contest, 4 brethren teams and nobody talking about it eh?

Westexbbq
04-27-2009, 11:19 AM
A splendid time was had by all, 18 teams and a huge crowd.
Great music by the LI Hornets, 4 piece rock-a-billy band and Rod from the Hot Dawg Truck Team ran a great contest as usual with precision timing.
It was a Angels MC sweep in the Peoples choice I believe and the only one who could crack the rankings was Team OOFFAHH (Phil, James and Willie B) who snagged 3rd I believe in the Judged category.
It was a great time and lot's of fun and the people were amazing...
Here's one pic so far and will organize and post more when time permits.......

BBQchef33
04-27-2009, 11:35 AM
sorry for delay.. I'm on very limited internet access till my hard drive arrives. (2PM today rumor has it).

great time.. this event is loads of fun. Surrounded by Hells Angels and beautiful harleys. Some of these bikes were works of art. After this round, I realized that the only way we can snag a peoples chice is if all the brethren come down and vote too.. I mean, here we are, 3 BBQ teams among 15 other motorcycle clubs teams. Then 500 of their friends roll in and vote for their favorite, duh!! Even though its open to the public, i didnt see alot of folks not in full colors. :redface: We had the full monty out for peoples choice.. chafers filled with nachos, cheese, 3 different peppers, red onions, spanish rice, etc.. most other teams were just giving out the littel cups,w e were doing bowls(yes, shameless attempt and 'stacking the deck';, Oh, did i mention I had jackie and sharon down there in biker garb collecting tickets and coralling folks to us? Again, shameless exploitation of family members for a chili trophy. :mrgreen::evil:

well... missed the peoples choice again, but we got a walk for 3rd place judged.. came with a bottle of jack and a jug of Blue point.

video on the way.

MAsQue
04-27-2009, 12:25 PM
A couple of members of the public said to us, "This is great chili, but I'll still be voting for my own club." So what we need to do is form our own club.

I'll be riding this:

Westexbbq
04-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Good Luck Brethren !!

Pics of hot biker chicks will be appreciated along with any others of the event :biggrin:

Here's a few, (gotta get permission for one more, though, tba.)
And the last one here is for the artistic folks....

Westexbbq
04-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Greetings All

Attached you will find a word document with the results of the chili contest 1 threw 18. Only 1-5 has been posted on the web site.
Congratulations to MIXED BLOOD LINE MC for there first place finish. If you want to attend the ICS New England Regional Chili Cook Off you have been invited. Get intouch with me fast so we can set it up.

Before you look at the results I got a chance to sample most all of the chili that day and there was not a bad one in the bunch. If you did not finish where you thought you should have don't let that discourage you. All it means is that group of judges for that particular day were not in your favor. If your chili was on a different table with different judges the result may have been different. All that matters is that you were happy with your final product. So if you thought yours was good then think about how good the others were that finished in front of you!

The HELLS ANGELS Motorcycle Club of Long Island thanks you all for coming out and making the day such a blast! A special thanks goes out to Eric Devlin for organizing and running the judging. Also to the BBQ Brethren Teams for making such a strong showing. All the MC's and the independent chili teams for stepping up to the plate and pumping out some good eats! Anybody looking to book a band for your next event they were the rock-a-billie sound of "The Long Island Hornets". We also thank Blue Point Brewery and The Jack Daniels Distillery for sponsoring our event once again. If you get a chance to stop by Blue Point grab yourself a jug a beer it is super fresh and delicious.

One more thing if anyone took pics of the day from the run which had over 250 bikes on the ride to the cook off please email them to me. I did not have a working camera that day.

Oh yeah almost forgot, See you all again next year. Get the tank ready!

HELLS ANGELS
Motorcycle Club
LONG ISLAND
www.HAMCLI.com (http://www.HAMCLI.com)

81 Chili Cook Off Results 2009
Judged
1) Mixed Blood Line MC
2) Leather Necks MC
3) Oooffaaahhh! - BBQ Brethren
4) Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs
5) Bridge Runners MC
6) Ma's Que Crew - BBQ Brethren
7) Swamp Pit - BBQ Brethren
8 ) Trashed MC
9) Queensboro MC
10) El Guapo Chili Team
11) Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ
12) Demon Knights MC
13) Unforgiven MC
14) Red Hot Chili Choppers
15) HAMC RI Smoke n Mirrors
16) WesTex - BBQ Brethren
17) Mortal Skulls MC
18 ) Sacred Steel MC

81 Chili Cook Off Results 2009
Peoples Choice
1) Queensboro MC
2) Trashed MC
3) Mutt & Geoff Chili Champs
4) Mortal Skulls MC
5) Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ
6) Oooffaaahhh! - BBQ Brethren
7) Demon Knights MC
8 ) Red Hot Chili Choppers
9) Leather Necks MC
10) Sacred Steel MC
11) El Guapo Chili Team
12) Bridge Runners MC
13) Mixed Blood Line MC
14) WesTex - BBQ Brethren
15) Swamp Pit - BBQ Brethren
16) HAMC RI Smoke n Mirrors
17) Unforgiven MC
18 )Ma’s Cue Crew - BBQ Brethren

BBQchef33
04-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Hey. With that crowd, I'll take 6th in peoples choice anyday, and I think we did third in judged last year too. I had a blast. Still suffering the effects of trying to balance out the chile in the last hour. I think I dumped a pound of 5 different chili powders in there. OOOOFAAAHHHH !

MAsQue
04-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Next year I'm going to buy a couple of judging tickets so I can at least get my own team to vote for me in People's Choice!

BBQchef33
04-28-2009, 10:38 AM
do what i did and beg, argue, bribe and grovel.! The road to victory has no pride. :)

Sledneck
04-28-2009, 10:40 AM
6th place beating out a bunch of MC is very impressive.

MAsQue
04-28-2009, 11:04 AM
do what i did and beg, argue, bribe and grovel.! The road to victory has no pride. :)

Didn't Eric just start a new thread, looking for new contest categories? Shameless Groveling sounds like it might have potential! You have to cook something that neither looks nor tastes appealing (I've got that part sewn up), then you attract votes using any non-cooking technique you can think of :wink: I like it.

MAsQue
04-28-2009, 11:10 AM
6th place beating out a bunch of MC is very impressive.

I'm not complaining, Sled. I'm happy we pulled sixth. I just blame myself for not realizing we would need some tickets so we could vote for ourselves. Old age is setting in.

The event itself was a lot of fun.

MAsQue
04-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Westexbbq Team, featuring himself

Swamp Pit, absent Julie, who was probably schmoozing

Two thirds of Ma's Que Crew, absent myself...

Team Ooofaaah...

A couple of local ne'er-do-wells...

Wally, from the Unforgiven MC, who had the misfortune to be surrounded
by all the above...

Westexbbq
04-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Nice shots Brian,

Here's one of the band, the Long Island Hornets.