3) Smack Talk
4) Farm Boy BBQ
5) Slap Slot BBQ
6) The Heat is On
7) Big Bubba's Roadhouse
8) 2 Fat Bikers
9) Smokin' Moose
10) Subtle Smoke

For those that don't know about this contest. This is a non sacationed contest held on the ice at Milli Lacs Lake. Near Isle, Mn.

I'm with 2 guys from Iowa. Had a blast. Enjoy the pics.

Fire on Ice (http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/specturk/2009%20Fire%20on%20Ice/)

Big George's BBQ
03-08-2009, 07:03 PM
That is amazing. Looks really cold. Looked like it was fun but I do not do well walking on ice/ Thanks for the Pics

Cigarbque
03-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Where are the tip-up's? I would love a BBQ /ice fishing event. Looks like a great time. Thanks for the pics.

Plowboy
03-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Love the solo recliner chair. Ha!

The Turk
03-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks for posting the pics and results! That solo chair was occupied by The Grand Champs wife who was tanning herself! The teams, sponsors, judges and friends make this a Fun Fun Fun contest. We were covered by the Mpls TV Station KSTP. I will post the link here when its available. The winners Prairie Oak Smokers donated there winnings to Cancer Sucks Chicago, one of my favorite charities.

Buster Dog BBQ
03-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Who did you cook with Ray?

KC_Bobby
03-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Love the solo recliner chair. Ha!

And the sun shade.

Bit windy?

Plowboy
03-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks for posting the pics and results! That solo chair was occupied by The Grand Champs wife who was tanning herself! The teams, sponsors, judges and friends make this a Fun Fun Fun contest. We were covered by the Mpls TV Station KSTP. I will post the link here when its available. The winners Prairie Oak Smokers donated there winnings to Cancer Sucks Chicago, one of my favorite charities.

Hey, Turk. How's Afton? Ain't been to Woodbury in a couple of years. Don't work for Assurant/Fortis anymore.

The Giggler
03-08-2009, 09:28 PM
"Three Years of Stupid" - that's hilarious.

Thanks for posting pics and congrats to those who braved the frozen water!

watertowerbbq
03-08-2009, 09:49 PM
No Mayor photos?!:eek::-D Sounds like you guys had a great time.

BBQ_Mayor
03-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Who did you cook with Ray?

I cooked with Mike Whitley from Bubba and Big Mikes BBQ. He did the Ribs and Sausage and I did the chicken and Loin.
I was suprised by the results. I thought his ribs and sausage were were great!.

No Mayor photos?!:eek::-D Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Got one with me and Randy from Ulcer Acres or Smack Talk BBQ up there.
This pic was from Friday nigth at Buzzies.

BBQ_Mayor
03-09-2009, 07:01 AM

Once again, The Turk did a wonderful job putting this together. What started as a joke turned into reality quick. Thanks to Hawgeyes BBQ (http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/) and Buzzies on the Bay for sponsoring the event the past 3 years.
If anybody wants to test their skills in the cold weather and have a great time doing it, this would be the comp for you. Put this one on your list for next year.

Shotgun
03-09-2009, 08:14 AM
They also had an anything alcohol contest, I was happy to be a judge of this, had some interesting mixtures. Great job Turk.

scottyd
03-10-2009, 06:34 AM
This was a very fun contest and I got to cook with Dave and the family Praire Oak Smokers. I had a blast. I thought you would never get me out on the Ice but it was ok. I will do it again and it was not all that cold. I did spend a lot of time in Smack Talks ice shack. to warm up. Turk does a great winter contest and it was fun to see the guys from Hawguys BBQ who sponcor the contest with a great horizon smoker for the grand prize.