PDA

View Full Version : Old School High Tech Class in Shannon, IL

U2CANQUE
02-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Is there anyone here going to this class? I was wanting to hook up with someone either from the greater Chicago area, or, who is flying into Chicago that is going to this contest. Willing to split the cost for the hotel, rental car, and expenses. If interested get in touch with me...

Thanks

kcpellethead
02-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Send me an e-mail to rod@pelletenvy.com with your details and I'll send out an e-mail to the folks attending. We're getting a ton of entries in lately. I won't publicize who is attending, but I'm happy to send them your info.

Sidw
03-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Rob it is a great class. I would suggest you drink heavily and Not take notes.

U2CANQUE
03-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Sid, that is extremely thoughtful....I will have to remember that one.....I am trying to get a better at the little things, and right now, there are a LOT of little things.....have heard nothing but good about the class....now it is just a matter of getting out to Shannon, IL from BFE Cleveland....the easiest way possible....

Sidw
03-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Good luck man - you will be 120% pleased with what you walk away with from the class. We had our best year ever after taking it. Enjoy.

EarlyBird
03-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Good luck man - you will be 120% pleased with what you walk away with from the class. We had our best year ever after taking it. Enjoy.

I'll second that. :lol:

Chris

musicmanryann
03-02-2009, 01:10 PM
I'll second that. :lol:

Chris

I just sent in my registration form last week and I am really excited. It is great to hear such great things about it from people who have already attended!

U2CANQ-I am coming from the west (Ames, IA), so unfortunately I will not be able to help. =:sad:

U2CANQUE
03-02-2009, 01:44 PM
appreciate it....may just end up having to drive out....but, not wanting to miss out on the class before the season starts up

The Giggler
03-02-2009, 01:51 PM
appreciate it....may just end up having to drive out....but, not wanting to miss out on the class before the season starts up

its like, six hours to chi-town from the land of the burning river.... suck it up, princess. :wink:

if you're not into the whole superslab thing, take the trip via route 30/lincoln highway. it would seem that it takes longer, but in fact it doesn't. besides, there's little or no traffic on a divided highway, with good places to stop. oh, and there's no "ohio summer barrels" either. :grin:

U2CANQUE
03-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I dont think that the 6 to Chi town will be the bad part, it is the 2.5 hours after chicago.....but, then again, the things we do to do the things we love.....ahhhhh, gotta love some "Q"

Trucky1008
03-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I signed up for the class 2 weeks ago and can't wait. I've heard a lot of great things about this class.

I'm driving from the west as well so I won't be able to help, sorry.

U2CANQUE
03-04-2009, 10:26 AM
registration paid for so now just gotta suck up the 8 hour drive......will be getting in Thursday night, would love to meet up with some folks for dinner thursday night if you are around......will be staying at Holiday Inn in Freeport thursday-sunday morning.....

Divemaster
03-05-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm going to the class, just not sure what my timing is going to be...

U2CANQUE
03-05-2009, 03:07 PM
well, will be good to at least be great to get a chance to finally cross paths....

SlugBug
03-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say I am going to the class as well. Lived in the Cleveland area for a while and last year moved west of Madison, WI. Looking forward to the class and meeting everyone. I heard great things about the class. Know some people that took it and were doing much better after the class. Joey Mac did very well before the class and after the class won Shannon and the American Royal Invitational. He said he did pick up some very useful info. See you at "the field of dreams". Mark

U2CANQUE
03-06-2009, 12:24 PM
will see ya there Mark....

Divemaster
03-09-2009, 08:35 AM
well, will be good to at least be great to get a chance to finally cross paths....

Yea, we've been posting to each other for a while... Sorry you didn't make it to the bash at Ricks... I look forward to having a drink down at the class, as I understand it's my job to get you drinking so you don't remember to take any notes.... (the check is in the mail isn't it Sid?)

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say I am going to the class as well. Lived in the Cleveland area for a while and last year moved west of Madison, WI. Looking forward to the class and meeting everyone. I heard great things about the class. Know some people that took it and were doing much better after the class. Joey Mac did very well before the class and after the class won Shannon and the American Royal Invitational. He said he did pick up some very useful info. See you at "the field of dreams". Mark

Dodgeville, my GF used to live there... We are going to have to talk! lol

U2CANQUE
03-09-2009, 08:41 AM
[quote](the check is in the mail isn't it Sid?)[quote]
Now that is just wrong I tell ya, wrong....:lol:

Divemaster
03-09-2009, 08:44 AM
(the check is in the mail isn't it Sid?)

Now that is just wrong I tell ya, wrong....:lol:
Sorry bro, just couldn't pass that one up....

Are you going to the 'Pretty Good BBQ' this year?

U2CANQUE
03-09-2009, 11:08 AM
not sure yet, have filled up the contests for the summer months pretty aggressively....Ohio has picked up another 2 contests.....and heading down a lot to NC and VA....IN.....KY.....ugh, and try to keep my job in the meantime....
I am going to be driving in, getting in around 8ish that Thursday, I know that he got a discount package on hotel rooms, but, I am just using miles for the Holiday Inn there, but, figure that there cannot be tooooooooo many hotels out there.......and then staying over after the class.....was just not looking forward to 8.5 hours home after the class.....

Divemaster
03-31-2009, 08:20 AM
Bump....

Lets do a roll call... Who is going to the class and where are you staying...

I'll be getting in just after noon and am staying at the Holiday Inn Express....

kcpellethead
03-31-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm going! Oh, I crack myself up sometimes. . . . There are 37 people signed up for Shannon. We have three seats open at this time. Many of them are staying at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson. We can't get into the facility until 3:30 PM on Friday so check in and take a nap. LOL

Divemaster
03-31-2009, 09:21 AM
We can't get into the facility until 3:30 PM on Friday so check in and take a nap. LOL
or if you're from Cleveland you can start drinking....

(Sid, I'm still waiting on that check... LOL)

U2CANQUE
03-31-2009, 10:36 AM
(Sid, I'm still waiting on that check... LOL)
He's gonna need it after I raid his blues cd connection....
I am actually getting there Thursday night.....but, using miles, so staying at the Holiday Inn....you know, gotta store all my secret notes on notes, from the notes about notes somewhere safe......:twisted:

Divemaster
03-31-2009, 11:05 AM
you know, gotta store all my secret notes on notes, from the notes about notes somewhere safe......:twisted:
So you and I are in the same hotel??? Great... You take your notes, and when your done, I'll take your notes....:eek:

Jorge
03-31-2009, 11:13 AM
So you and I are in the same hotel??? Great... You take your notes, and when your done, I'll take your notes....:eek:

What if he writes like a Dr.?:icon_cool

You'll be amazed at how many notes you come home with. Johnny can tell a story or two as well:wink:

Divemaster
03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
What if he writes like a Dr.?:icon_cool

You'll be amazed at how many notes you come home with. Johnny can tell a story or two as well:wink:
Oh, I think you misunderstood... I'll be taking my own set of notes... He's just not keeping his set...

(Sid, where is that check?????)

U2CANQUE
03-31-2009, 11:34 AM
damn Sid, blackmale across state lines, isn't that some sort of federal racket?.....come on law enforcement community....we need a amen here somewhere.....

one2bbq
03-31-2009, 11:45 AM
I'll be there. Staying at the Comfort Suites.

U2CANQUE
03-31-2009, 11:56 AM
one2bbq, look forward to meeting ya......
and stay away from some *cough cough* individuals, they are corrupt, and must be stopped

U2CANQUE
03-31-2009, 11:59 AM
I'll be taking my own set of notes... He's just not keeping his set...
oh, forgot to tell ya....photographic memory.....grins....:biggrin:......ooooops, slipped that tad bit out....grin.....looking forward to it, wish it was Thursday now.....want to be WELL rested.....
See, I was looking for someone in the Chicago area to split the gas cost with, and was gonna spring for the hotel rooms....

Divemaster
03-31-2009, 01:30 PM
and stay away from some *cough cough* individuals, they are corrupt, and must be stopped
Me? I am perfictly safe.... Until Sid gets me that check (and it clears!)

oh, forgot to tell ya....photographic memory.....grins....:biggrin:......ooooops, slipped that tad bit out....grin.....looking forward to it, wish it was Thursday now.....want to be WELL rested.....
How good is your memory after a few Gent. Jacks????? A little fuzzy (like Pooba's hat)???

See, I was looking for someone in the Chicago area to split the gas cost with, and was gonna spring for the hotel rooms....
I would have liked to have gone down on Thursday, as of right now I may have to work half of my day off (Friday)...

U2CANQUE
03-31-2009, 01:33 PM
I think he is still holding onto his GC check from last year, so good idea on the waiting....but, then again, laughs, I would just have to let all the air out of his pimp mobile in Kettering or Madison, IN this year.....grins.....they are good people though...
too bad you are running back to Chicago, sticking around Saturday night to watch basketball......go Heels!!

Divemaster
03-31-2009, 01:39 PM
I think he is still holding onto his GC check from last year, so good idea on the waiting....but, then again, laughs, I would just have to let all the air out of his pimp mobile in Kettering or Madison, IN this year.....grins.....they are good people though...
too bad you are running back to Chicago, sticking around Saturday night to watch basketball......go Heels!!
Yea, I've got a commitment first thing Sunday Morning (Usher Duty)...

Ya know what, a group of us are doing an International Bash Sunday around lunch... Would be (almost) on your way back... You interested?

U2CANQUE
03-31-2009, 03:52 PM
count me in, get me the info/directions....should be able to stop on by....

Divemaster
03-31-2009, 04:04 PM
PM sent to both you and Willkat98 (he's the orginizer)...

U2CANQUE
03-31-2009, 04:19 PM
thanks, got it.....will check with the better half....make sure that I am in the clear, but, I would love it....

Divemaster
03-31-2009, 04:47 PM
Ya know what, a group of us are doing an International Bash Sunday around lunch... Would be (almost) on your way back... You interested?

Please excuse my manors...

Any one coming back through Chicago on Sunday is welcome to attend. Just drop either Willkat98 or myself a note for more information.

Buster Dog BBQ
03-31-2009, 05:27 PM
where's the holiday inn at?

U2CANQUE
03-31-2009, 06:58 PM
In Freeport, IL, 1551 S. SLEEZER HOME RD (http://www.hiexpress.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/feprt/transportation?start=1), from what I can tell, it seems to be right down the street from the hotel that they have the block of rooms reserved.....

Buster Dog BBQ
03-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Ah. Thanks Thought it might be closer. I booked a room at the other place. See you in Shannon.

U2CANQUE
04-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Indeed.....will be in tomorrow night.......get that LOOOOOOOONG nights sleep.....gotta be WELL rested......
had to comment...just to move it back up again...
See ya'll Friday afternoon....

Pinkdaisygirl
04-02-2009, 06:51 AM
Yes honey you may stop off and play with the boys....:-D have fun.... learn lots... and be safe....

Divemaster
04-02-2009, 07:56 AM

will check with the better half....make sure that I am in the clear, but, I would love it....

Yes honey you may stop off and play with the boys....:-D
Sounds like you may have gotten the ok....

have fun....
Oh, I'll make sure he has fun, lots of fun.... :eek: (Sid, thanks for the check!:mrgreen:)

learn lots...
He'll learn it, he just won't remember it...:eek:

and be safe....
I'll make sure that when he's with me, he'll be safe... Dude, you better stay close... :icon_devil

Indeed.....will be in tomorrow night.......get that LOOOOOOOONG nights sleep.....gotta be WELL rested...... See ya'll Friday afternoon....
Hope you sleep well... It's going to be a very LOOOOOOOONG Friday....:cool:

The Giggler
04-02-2009, 08:01 AM
In Freeport, IL, 1551 S. SLEEZER HOME RD (http://www.hiexpress.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/feprt/transportation?start=1), from what I can tell, it seems to be right down the street from the hotel that they have the block of rooms reserved.....

Holiday Inn on SLEEZER HOME RD?!?! :eek: Hope its not a sleezy, no-tell, hotel....

Have a safe trip and learn lots brother! Gimme a call on your way back!

Pinkdaisygirl
04-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Boys.. just remember... I will NOT be driving to IL to bail anyone out.....:-P

Bill-Chicago
04-02-2009, 12:21 PM
thanks, got it.....will check with the better half....make sure that I am in the clear, but, I would love it....

International Lunch Bash I is nearly sent.

PM's of location, time, contact info should go out tonight or first thing in the a.m.

And now back to your regularly scheduled topic:

Divemaster
04-02-2009, 12:30 PM
I'll make sure that when he's with me, he'll be safe... Dude, you better stay close... :icon_devil
Boys.. just remember... I will NOT be driving to IL to bail anyone out.....:-P
I'll watch over him like he's one of my own... (Insert evil laugh here...)

International Lunch Bash I is nearly sent.

PM's of location, time, contact info should go out tonight or first thing in the a.m.
Thanks for putting this together Bill....

musicmanryann
04-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Man I can tell everyone is as excited as I am for this! I will be checking in around 4 and try to get there early to help out.

Pinkdaisygirl
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
[quote=Divemaster;892377]I'll watch over him like he's one of my own... (Insert evil laugh here...)

that is what scares me.........................

Divemaster
04-02-2009, 03:35 PM

that is what scares me.........................
I won't let anything happen to him that I would let happen to Billy, Shane, or JPW....

Bill-Chicago
04-02-2009, 11:58 PM

Thanks for putting this together Bill....

Info posted in Bash Forum

Dive, it was a pleasure. I can't wait to meat Noskos.

See you Sunday.

BOT

U2CANQUE
04-03-2009, 07:30 AM
in for sunday.....did mapquest, not too far off the beaten path....

U2CANQUE
04-06-2009, 04:43 PM
It was good to meet everyone at the class....always good to put faces with the names....and words.....
Best of luck to the 2009 Shannon, IL class.....

Trucky1008
04-06-2009, 09:42 PM
I agree, it was nice to meet the fellow Brethren at the class. Rod and Johnny sure put on an outstanding class.

musicmanryann
04-06-2009, 10:08 PM
It was good to meet everyone at the class....always good to put faces with the names....and words.....

I agree, it was nice to meet the fellow Brethren at the class. Rod and Johnny sure put on an outstanding class.

I also agree that it was a fantastic class and it was graet to meet some of the Brethren. I didn't get as much time to chat as I would have liked as I spent almost the entire time scribbling notes as fast as I could.

Divemaster
04-07-2009, 02:04 PM

I also agree that it was a fantastic class and it was graet to meet some of the Brethren. I didn't get as much time to chat as I would have liked as I spent almost the entire time scribbling notes as fast as I could.
I couldn't agree more... Not only was it great to meat the brethren that were there, Rod & Johnny did not hold back one bit of information... (I should know, I've got over 30 pages of notes!)

If you take this class, please ask questions they both want you to understand it all!