PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment Irving Elks Lodge

thillin
02-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Me and Mike (GrumpysQ) will be at the Irving comp Fri & Sat 2/27-28.

I know Tony76248 & KellerSteeler will be there among another others. Look forward to seeing the guys. Anyone want to stop by, we'll be the team with the Green Eggs and cold beer. :mrgreen:

Jorge
02-26-2009, 07:22 AM
I'll be stopping by Friday night after bailing on a b-day partym

tony76248
02-26-2009, 10:11 AM
I will be there.....

Keller Steeler
02-26-2009, 11:04 AM
I will be there early on Friday. Jorge - look for the Gold Spicewine and stop by for a cold one or two.

Jorge
02-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Bring your party hats. There are supposed to be some visitors......

Dustaway
02-26-2009, 01:00 PM
good luck guys

MoKanMeathead
02-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Bring your party hats. There are supposed to be some visitors......

I heard that there may be some MOFOs down there contributing to the pot. :icon_devil

Jorge
02-26-2009, 01:58 PM
I heard that there may be some MOFOs down there contributing to the pot. :icon_devil

I heard that too, but I don't know how many

Dustaway
02-26-2009, 03:18 PM

Leave the women and children alone :icon_devil

bowhnter
02-26-2009, 06:46 PM
It will be tight, but I am gonna try to swing by on Saturday.

Jorge
02-28-2009, 10:42 AM
It was good to see Thillin and Grumpy again (Hope you listen to anything Waldo and Barbie are willing to share as neighbors;), and ready to cook when I left. Great meeting KellerSteeler (even if the artwork on his pit bothers me;). Great seeing Tony again.

The mystery guests arrived safe and sound, but didn't fly under the radar. MoKanMeathead and Jeff@KC (Winning the Royal tends to do that;) went for $160 in the Calcutta.

Dustaway
02-28-2009, 03:38 PM
The mystery guests arrived safe and sound, but didn't fly under the radar. MoKanMeathead and Jeff@KC (Winning the Royal tends to do that;) went for $160 in the Calcutta.

Now if they can only hit it will be worth every penny :-D

thillin
02-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Now if they can only hit it will be worth every penny :-D

They hit 1st in Brisket.:eusa_clap (They bought themselves in the Calcutta!):eusa_clap

KellerSteeler hit 10th Chicken and me and Grumpy'sQ hit 9th in Ribs. With all the Brethren there, we helped put a dent in the beer supply!

Once again Congrats Jeff and Wayne on your first IBCA outing!

chromesporty
02-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Congrats to all who got calls. It was great to finally put some faces with the names. I enjoyed visiting with everyone today, and I'll see y'all at the Irving KC contest the end of March.

Grumpy's Q
03-01-2009, 12:33 PM

Congrats Jeff and Wane. You guy's are a riot! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time :biggrin:. Ty and I are going to have to make a road trip some weekend. :eek:

MoKanMeathead
03-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Congrats Jeff and Wane. You guy's are a riot! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time :biggrin:. Ty and I are going to have to make a road trip some weekend. :eek:

Thanks from both of us. That was one of the most fun contests I have been to in a long time. Everone down there was so friendly we felt like we have known all of you all our lives. Thanks so much for the hopitality.

Just getting a call in brisket was special - especially with all of you great brisket cooks down there.

You guys are welcome to come up here anytime - just let us know.

Jorge
03-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Thanks from both of us. That was one of the most fun contests I have been to in a long time. Everone down there was so friendly we felt like we have known all of you all our lives. Thanks so much for the hopitality.

Just getting a call in brisket was special - especially with all of you great brisket cooks down there.

You guys are welcome to come up here anytime - just let us know.

Did Jeff get the meal he was after, or that other thing he wanted?:eek::lol:

MoKanMeathead
03-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Never did make it to Poppadeaux :icon_sad

...and thats all I can say about that. :icon_devil

Jeff@KC
03-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I think I will fly down there Thursday just to eat there!!! LOL Thank you guys so much. That was just wrong how much fun I had!!! Give us a call when any of you are close... See ya soon!

HoDeDo
03-02-2009, 07:12 PM
It's hard NOT to have fun with those two... Wish I could have been there!!!
Jeff could have finally taught me how to cook, and drink beer.

Congrats on the killer brisket call, guys.

Jorge
03-07-2009, 11:13 AM
I didn't get as many pictures as I should have. Here's a couple of Grumpy and Thillin. Great to see Grumpy outside of MY grocery store:-P