PDA

View Full Version : Are we loyal? Or Not?

FatBoyz
01-13-2009, 10:24 AM
I have a friend who has worked for 3 years building a comp. Thay had to find a new place, and thay did, but the new people that where going to be there new partners have basicaly stole the comp from them. so do you go or do you stand by the person you know put all the work into it?

i meen realy is the jack that importaint that we cant stand by someone who worked there ass off for US? i myself feel that it was wrong of these people to do this.

Now that being said we dont have that many contest here in Wi, so that will be one less for me! but I an torn i still want to go compeat! So how do you my friends feel? does one go? or does one not?

timzcardz
01-13-2009, 10:29 AM
WOW! I understood this.

In this case I would ask your friend what he thinks. Unless there was some real compelling reason otherwise (like I had already pomised my son we'd do the comp), in this situation I would stick by my friend and what he/she thinks.

FatBoyz
01-13-2009, 10:40 AM
i know i should tell you all details but i just cant type that much but you will have to trust me thay stole it and the person is very upset about it

Scottie
01-13-2009, 10:47 AM
I'll probably have to go, just because of my 2 wins in the fall...

But I also know what you are talking about and it sucks...

barbefunkoramaque
01-13-2009, 10:52 AM
I am sorry this happened.

Dale P
01-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Ask your friend. If he is a good friend, he will answer without blowing up. jmo
good luck.

Jacked UP BBQ
01-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Always stand by your friend. You can always enter with them on your team and ruin the comp!!!!!!!!!!

FatBoyz
01-13-2009, 02:14 PM
I'll probably have to go, just because of my 2 wins in the fall...

But I also know what you are talking about and it sucks...
see scott i feel you man if i win is Wi it helps me but still the way this was done was way wrong. so i am pissed off i know i should not go but i would like to its only hour and half from the house!! and i also dont think i have pulled my paints down at this one yet very disturbing for me

Scottie
01-13-2009, 02:22 PM
I also see on the kcbs site there is another listed now for the old contest location. But it's still a different organizer.... So now there will be a contest in Wisconsin on August 7th, 21st, 28th, September 4th , 11th, 18th and 25th? I count that as 7 contests in a 8 week period. Don't get me wrong, I love going to Wisconsin... But don't they think that is spreading the cookers out a bit?:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil

As I know I won't even cook all of those and I cook basically every weekend in that period...

I don't remember you pulling your pants down at Menomonee either. Maybe we should arrange for you to get up on stage?:eek::eek:

Ron_L
01-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't remember you pulling your pants down at Menomonee either. Maybe we should arrange for you to get up on stage?:eek::eek:

You didn't miss much :rolleyes:

afreemaniii
01-13-2009, 03:32 PM
So now there will be a contest in Wisconsin on August 7th, 21st, 28th, September 4th , 11th, 18th and 25th? I count that as 7 contests in a 8 week period. Don't get me wrong, I love going to Wisconsin... But don't they think that is spreading the cookers out a bit?:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil

Scottie, what other contests do you know about already in WI? I searched the KCBS site and only found three listed so far...August 7th, August 21st, and September 4th. We're starting to put together our schedule and would enjoy the shorter drives whenever possible.

Scottie
01-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Sparta, Princeton, Menonmonee Falls and Racine... Along with the others that you listed...

Scottie
01-13-2009, 03:34 PM
You didn't miss much :rolleyes:

Sorry I missed it.... I guess.... :roll::roll:

Any pictures? Didn't happen...

smythers1968
01-13-2009, 03:50 PM
To me ther only three thing truely loyal in this world.

1. MOM
2. Wife
3. Dog(s)

I'd go to the comp!!!!

FatBoyz
01-13-2009, 04:22 PM
talk to john today sparta he says is over for right now does not think it will happen.princeton is in west mount now and i am lost already

Scottie
01-13-2009, 04:28 PM
check the KCBS website... They have one in Princeton on the 8/28 and one in Westfield on 8/21....

Smokin' Joe
01-13-2009, 05:47 PM
talk to john today sparta he says is over for right now does not think it will happen.princeton is in west mount now and i am lost already

Hopefully John can get it going again...we had a blast there last year. They seemed to have pretty good support from the community with sponsors and stuff, did he say what the issues were?

Jeff_in_KC
01-13-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm a little confused... how can people "steal" a comp from someone else?

smoke-n-my-i's
01-13-2009, 06:04 PM
I have an old saying, and I will share it with you... all others do not read...

What goes around, comes around.

So, what has been dealt, will be coming back to them. The dealt the deck, and someone else will get the aces, they will get the low no point cards in the end.... go get the points, and have a good time. No need to worry about what has been done, it is done. Accept it and go on. Trying to get even only makes it worse. Smile, at them, and it will drive them crazy, make them think they have won... but in the long run, you will.

Now, go get 'em... all the points you can. And when your name is called, make a big deal out of it.... you deserve it....

Ok, I'm going back to my room now.

FatBoyz
01-13-2009, 06:13 PM
check the KCBS website... They have one in Princeton on the 8/28 and one in Westfield on 8/21....
yea its a kcbs typo i guess but i talked to her today and she was very upset

Coz
01-13-2009, 06:45 PM
[quote=Scottie;824789]I also see on the kcbs site there is another listed now for the old contest location. But it's still a different organizer.... So now there will be a contest in Wisconsin on August 7th, 21st, 28th, September 4th , 11th, 18th and 25th? I count that as 7 contests in a 8 week period. Don't get me wrong, I love going to Wisconsin... But don't they think that is spreading the cookers out a bit?:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil

This is what I have been saying since last fall when there was talks of other new contests.I know some of the guys like the back to back but for me I guess I am going to have to make some choices.I have already accepted Sponsorship for what I feel is the contest Billy is speaking of.Starting off the Wi season the first 4 weeks all 3 contest are within 40 miles or less 2 within 15 miles.With our limited budget I see doing 3 comps unless we were to score well early.Add into this I really want to go back to the Falls event to try to redeem myself for the poor showing there.OK enough of my mid winter rant.How can we get new organizers to see the issue of spreading the teams so thin?

CajunSmoker
01-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I have a friend who has worked for 3 years building a comp. Thay had to find a new place, and thay did, but the new people that where going to be there new partners have basicaly stole the comp from them. so do you go or do you stand by the person you know put all the work into it?

i meen realy is the jack that importaint that we cant stand by someone who worked there ass off for US? i myself feel that it was wrong of these people to do this.

Now that being said we dont have that many contest here in Wi, so that will be one less for me! but I an torn i still want to go compeat! So how do you my friends feel? does one go? or does one not?

If it's really your friend, you stick by him.

If he's just an acquaintance, then cook the contest.

You know in your own heart which way to go.:-D

Divemaster
01-14-2009, 12:58 PM

I couldn't agree more...

As for having all of the comps tight together, it just makes me choose cause I just don't have the funding nor the energy to do them all back to back.

Scottie
01-14-2009, 01:34 PM
How can we get new organizers to see the issue of spreading the teams so thin?

I think this has to start with the KCBS. They tried to do this l;ast year with Menomonee going up against Racine the same weekend. Wisconsin, Minnesota and Northern Illinois do not have enough teams to support 7 contests in 8 weeks in Wisconsin. As there are not enough teams willing to compete that many weeks in a row. KCBS should know this as they have the numbers in front of them.

And as far as the Falls... Fugedaboudit... :twisted:

Coz
01-14-2009, 04:24 PM
As I was studying further I realized that the princeton date will be in conflict with Albert Lea again.
As far as the Falls I have a hard time forgetting the times I screw myself and cant blame it on some one else.

Scottie
01-14-2009, 04:54 PM
As far as the Falls I have a hard time forgetting the times I screw myself and cant blame it on some one else.

Coz, welcome to comp cooking. But, I sure wouldn't beat myself up, until I have cooked at least 10 contests. Nothing personal here, but you are still learning. To think you should be seasoned after a handful of contests is putting too much undue pressures on yourself that you don't need to be worrying about. Gain some experience and then kick yourself is my recommendation.

Solidkick
01-15-2009, 11:55 AM

And if he's a Brethren, you bring in the MiFo mafia!